El's Kitchen

“Work it out yourself!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#36042 Aug 5, 2014
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Hi El and everybody.
I miss you, but this computer doesn't work in Topix. It has taken me over 20 minutes to get here and type this.
Glad to see you are all doing well.
It was so good to see you here Fisherman....and glad you persevered..you too have been
missed and a special place in my heart is yours...:)
Hope this finds you and yours keeping in the best of health and spirits.

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#36043 Aug 5, 2014
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee SINday one and all!!!!!! I have come to the very conclusion that Murphy is a doofus. He used his head to smash my sister in the face, her tooth went into her lip. ME???? Not taking any chances. I use a catchers mit around him and am safe from external injuries.It serves a two-way purpose, am also ready for baseball at any given moment. Clumsy dog and no sense or feeling.
The Klutz!!!!! Oh wait. He is not yet 1 year old..he is a BABY. You said so yourself.
So do we give him the benefit of the doubt on this one? lol So long as he doesn't
make a habit of it, huh?
You know that saying 'he doesn't know his own strength.
I think he is saying 'Mom...I didn't know my own size'....:)
I'll be careful next time.

Sincerely hope not too much damage to your sister's lip Vee, not funny when that
happens.

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#36044 Aug 5, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good Morning..everyone.
El,
Have a pot of coffee ready and a freshly prepared
corner table, with linen cloth;
in case Mr Obama pops in:)
today's his birthday
Good Greetings Mr President..
Sho' will Grace......

53 I believe.....

a Happy Birthday to him.
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Kalamazoo, MI

#36045 Aug 5, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
YO! Finally! I can't understand why I am repeatedly told that
this page is unavailable.....I have seen it so many times yet
have forgotten the actual wording.
So while the going is good....the good get going, lol
Grace, thank you so much for your kind explanation on
my behalf.
A lovely cool morning with a hint of rain here, such a welcome
relief from the high temps.
Good Morning Grace, Vee, Tally, Denny, 2 Special, Fisherman
so nice to be able to say that!
for some reason you are being blocked, run this download and many of your problems will clear up

http://www.piriform.com/

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#36046 Aug 5, 2014
A TROLL NAMED SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>for some reason you are being blocked, run this download and many of your problems will clear up
http://www.piriform.com/
I will do that and thanks. Just opened the link you posted on New Orleans.....
enjoyed it enormously.

“.WHERE DID”

Since: May 14

THAT POST GO

#36047 Aug 5, 2014
INFO:

Is my clean pc a scam?- Yahoo
answers.yahoo.com/question/index... ... Cached
Sep 20, 2010 · Yes. Never trust any of those sites that offer to clean your computer and make it run faster. All they do is load your computer up with malware and spyware ...

the scan is free but the cure cost
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Kalamazoo, MI

#36048 Aug 5, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
INFO:
Sep 20, 2010 · Yes. Never trust any of those sites that offer to clean your computer and make it run faster. All they do is load your computer up with malware and spyware ...
good god old man

take a break

"CCleaner tops my list of free registry cleaners for several good reasons. Aside from being completely free and working with all versions of Windows, two additional things really stand out.

For one, I've never had CCleaner cause a problem in the Windows Registry, which some less-well-done registry repair tools do on a regular basis. And two, because it's optionally available in a portable format (i.e. it doesn't need to be installed).

Read my full CCleaner review below for a list of features, pros & cons, my opinions on the program, and some basic instructions, or head straight to their download page linked at the top of the page.

Important: Please download CCleaner from Piriform's site only, which I've linked to directly below this paragraph! There is at least one malicious program that looks and sounds a lot like CCleaner but charges for the cleaning, so be careful."
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleane...

play your fear tactics on El is bull

are you the one getting her blocked too pops?
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Kalamazoo, MI

#36049 Aug 5, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I will do that and thanks. Just opened the link you posted on New Orleans.....
enjoyed it enormously.
look what others and decide for yourself madam

https://www.google.com/search...
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Kalamazoo, MI

#36050 Aug 5, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
INFO:
you really are a stupid man

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36051 Aug 5, 2014
info: well there's absolutely no cons to ccleaner.. it's only a utility that cleans out some unnecessary files on your computer. it uses NONE of your resources and doesn't slow down your computer at all.. it doesn't run in the background or anything like that so.. yea.. and it is pretty useful.. windows is well equipped to do the same thing in the internet options, this is just an easier way.

windows is well equipped to do the same thing in the internet options,

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36052 Aug 5, 2014
When using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, temporary files are stored onto the hard drive of your computer to help speed up your web surfing. These temporary files, referred to as your cache, need to be emptied periodically. If you have a small hard drive, you need to empty your cache often because the temporary internet files can take up a lot of space and slow down your computer.

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36053 Aug 5, 2014
anyhow the point of the exercise is that you have an installed registry cleaner ...

Clean out your temporary files in Internet Explorer. Open your browser and click on "Tools." In the pull down menu, click "Internet Options."

Select "Delete" under the heading of "Browsing history" in the General tab. This will pop up another window that gives you several options: Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Form data and Passwords. Click on "Delete files" under the "Temporary Internet Files" heading.

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#36054 Aug 5, 2014
A registry cleaner is a class of third party software utility designed for the Microsoft Windows operating system, whose purpose is to remove redundant items from the Windows registry.

Registry cleaners are not supported by Microsoft, but vendors of Registry cleaners claim that they are useful to repair inconsistencies arising from manual changes to applications, especially COM-based programs.

The necessity and usefulness of registry cleaners is a controversial topic, with experts in disagreement over their benefits. The issue is further clouded by the fact that malware and scareware are often associated with utilities of this type.

“June ”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#36055 Aug 5, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Grace it would really be a pleasure to have a cup of tea with you. You never know when that might just happen. I ave met two of my friends in England from topix
Thanks D,
I remember that, you really enjoyed it..

Did you hunt down any good bargains this weekend?

We have regular car boot sales here..

I thin you have a different words for car boot!

“June ”

Level 8

‘

#36056 Aug 5, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Great excitement over here in Ireland...at the moment..
a small part of the new STAR WARS movie
is being filmed in " SKELLIG MICHAEL" (see link)
A strangely beautiful place.
http://www.skelligsrock.com
It is breathtaking in reality..
I dare say LUKE SKYWALKER & Co will fit in very well there:)

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#36057 Aug 6, 2014
I downloaded CCleaner via the link and it has done the trick so a big thanks from me.
Interestingly, to date I have downloaded the application to my laptop only, I have just tried to access here via my PC which runs Windows 8, only to have the original probs in getting on. I am hoping once I download CCleaner
it will solve that problem.
Thanks to SLACK and to TALLY for their respective help.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#36058 Aug 6, 2014
Good morning El. I hope you get those computer problems sorted out. To ere is human but to really scew up you need a computer : )

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#36059 Aug 6, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks D,
I remember that, you really enjoyed it..
Did you hunt down any good bargains this weekend?
We have regular car boot sales here..
I thin you have a different words for car boot!
Grace I have been to many car boot sales in England but they are so different than garage sales here. The things I see in car boot sales are mostly so worn out while this is such a rich country you find things that are just like new. People just want to make more room to buy things they don't need. My last best buy was 2 western fast draw holsters and a shoulder holster that had never been used. They sell for about $100 each. I bought 3 for $50. I will take them to the next gun show and more that triple my money :) What a great country. It has turned hot but as soon as it is cooler I will have a garage sale and clean out my garage! I love buying the expensive purses. They are so easy to sell but you have to watch for fakes. I bought the best shooting chair for $5. It is for sitting in a blind. It has a back and a swivel base his a bar coming up for a rifle support. I can't wait till hunting season comes to try it out. The main reason for going to garage sales is meeting people and passing out my business cards and getting listings. My cards offer a free Ipad as a closing gift and no one throws them away :)

“June ”

Level 8

‘

#36060 Aug 6, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Grace I have been to many car boot sales in England but they are so different than garage sales here. The things I see in car boot sales are mostly so worn out while this is such a rich country you find things that are just like new. People just want to make more room to buy things they don't need. My last best buy was 2 western fast draw holsters and a shoulder holster that had never been used. They sell for about $100 each. I bought 3 for $50. I will take them to the next gun show and more that triple my money :) What a great country. It has turned hot but as soon as it is cooler I will have a garage sale and clean out my garage! I love buying the expensive purses. They are so easy to sell but you have to watch for fakes. I bought the best shooting chair for $5. It is for sitting in a blind. It has a back and a swivel base his a bar coming up for a rifle support. I can't wait till hunting season comes to try it out. The main reason for going to garage sales is meeting people and passing out my business cards and getting listings. My cards offer a free Ipad as a closing gift and no one throws them away :)
wOW!

a shooting swivel chair to rest one's rifle!!! No less:)
Never heard of one before...
never held any kind of gun,
the nearest I've come to that would be a blue/yellow gaudy plastic
water pistol in the shape of a gun, for a kid LOl...

Lol
What different lives we lead!

You are a fine business man D,
With a keen eye for a 'real' bargain.

Good luck to you.

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#36061 Aug 6, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning El. I hope you get those computer problems sorted out. To ere is human but to really scew up you need a computer :)
Ha Ha! That's a different take on the old saying Denny. How true it is.
I was going to mention to you that I might go to a car boot sale on
Sunday, but read what you say to Grace, you are quite right in fact,
it's a load of rubbish, the only thing I find worth looking at are books,
and I have far too many anyway, the car boot sale is held in a field
on Anglesey and it's a lovely place to visit,(not the field but the venue)
it is a caravan park called Plas Coch and there is a lovely old pub,
loads of wildlife to be seen like Peacocks and little ducklings, I love
going there although haven't been in ages.
We do have a form of car boot called Antiques Roadshow which is televised
and held in a different town each week.....the antiques people bring along to
be valued are amazing, but one time a fellow took a painting and the cops
swooped as he had stolen it, haha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min The Northener 199,348
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 4 min KellyP_Onuandher 35,204
News new Are Disney Princesses hurting your kid's se... 4 min Holy Guacamole 14
News Man arrested after 'putting his PENIS on superm... 4 min cashier 30
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 11 min paul 15,852
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 15 min Mega Monster 5,221
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 18 min Mega Monster 16,183
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 26 min Harley Pillion 7,204
2words into 2new words (May '12) 38 min andet1987 2,252
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sublime1 192,857