Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Denny, how conveniently you paint
ISRAEL lily white..
I cannot believe every man woman & little infant that died or is severely
Injured was used as a human shield! One can see the sheer
grief in the reactions of the families,
were they all such top class's actors of that ilk,
They' have been snapped up by Hollywood by now!!!
In all wars there is propaganda ..rumour and denial..
It's a dirty business (as we know) and *all * have blood
on their hands.
Grace I tend to side with the country that was first attacked not with the attackers. War is truly hell

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#35945 Jul 31, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Annwyl PFfff..:)
I have carried your warm post around with me since Tuesday evening when I was all tucked
up in bed after my little procedure.....and believe me, it was like a Tonic. I am so very glad
that you have moved to your old place, somewhere familiar and the time seemed right...
hey, I hope you put those kids beds back...the cheek of it turning it into a workplace, I'm
with them on that.....:)
In a way you made me realise 'home is what you make it' not necessarily where it is
those have always been my sentiments, I lost track of them for a while is all. Hankering
to get back to England...
Sometimes the grass is always greener...and then you look around.
Prising myself out of the garden tomorrow and taking a little picnic down to the beach (10 mins)
big parasol.....might even have a paddle...:)
Good to know you and to keep on knowing you my friend.
Nos Da..:)
I read this post yesterday and meant to reply but then got a phone call and forgot. lol
it made me "smile" too.
because its nice to see that there are still people in this world who just want to live a normal life, or at least what I think of as "normal" -
ive read some of the post that Grace made recently and it seems that maybe not responding to world happenings makes her think that nobody cares.- but that's not the case for all of us, but sometimes we just come to topix to get "away" from all of the nonsense that goes on in the world. to talk about the normal life that "we" experience (and to feel grateful about it too) because we cant all solve the worlds problem and really just when u think its on the right track - someone else - some crazy loon comes along and upsets the balance.
nothing really has changed, its Always been a crazy world and always will be as long as we have people in it. lol - "people are the worse" (quoting a saying I think I heard years ago on the Sienfeld show) LOL - but its the truth.- sadly...

anyway El, u'll get a kick outta this "report" to u about my life down by the shore.
it seems we have some weird animals living here. saw raccoon and skunk already, not that that's weird, just didn't think I'd see those in this area. and this one is funny - a young girl walking her pet "Piglet" LOL - yep that's what I said "piglet" - but makes for a good conversation to have with ur new neighbors. and, another lady walking her dog that pees straight up when lifting his leg. really funny to watch, but turns out when talking to her about it,- the poor dog had some kind of cancer operation and that's why the "misfire" there. lol
and in case ur thinking "u didn't go there with that conversation" LOL - Yep I did, cause im weird like that. LOL
;)

Bora Da People!
:)

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#35946 Jul 31, 2014
It isn't up to us to judge who is at fault, it is up to the world
leaders to prevent any more bloodshed, God knows we
stood by for long enough during Syria's bombardment,
Zimbabwe another country we ignored, so before these two
factions wipe each other out, something should be done to
protect the innocent, for whatever reason they are in
arms way. It is totally obscene to watch this 'playing out'
and nothing being done.
We were all quick enough in 1948 to act, it hasn't worked.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#35947 Jul 31, 2014
" something should be done to
protect the innocent, for whatever reason they are in
arms way. It is totally obscene to watch this 'playing out' "

Your above quote states,

I couldn't agree more El..
"obscene" is one of the many words that describes
what's going on.

Good Day to you and all who post here.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Location hidden

#35948 Jul 31, 2014
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Thursday to one and all, and the old timers, familiar posters I see still hanging around. I notice everyone has their opinion about Israel. To me, it reminds me of the Hatfields and McCoys. They will never stop fighting, they will never have piece, if you ask them what they have been killing each other for, for hundreds of years, they most likely dont know anymore. Just old habits die young. Once everyone is obliterated in both countries, then... ONE TIN SOLDIER RIDES AWAY. Since neither side really really gets it, they make excuses for the babies and other innocents who had to die, every one of us should send copies of the song One Tin Soldier, by COVEN and mail it to the INTELLIGENT in charge, sometimes reality in song goes a long way.

“.WHERE DID”

Since: May 14

THAT POST GO

#35949 Jul 31, 2014
I use this [as an ex] since you are talking the middle east now ....

Tel Aviv outdoor mall bombing January 25, 2002 Tel Aviv Double Suicide attack, carried out by Palestinian Islamic Jihad together with Fatah.

NO WARNING .... the Israel are forewarn...never been to a mall where it was all military personal .... in any country

by keeping the children there the Hammus , can say "OH LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE"

don't blame the Israelis ... sure the Blitz wasn't easy
and I bet the IRA is very choosy not to mention our own Wounded Knee

Vee

Location hidden

#35950 Jul 31, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Great when that happens, annoying when somebody else claims YOUR parking
spot, haha. Did you see the link about the Irish Wolfhound GELERT I
posted? That is how the village got it's name of Beddgelert, so has to be
something in it I would say. Good luck with the dental work Vee.
Murphy had a slight mishap yesaterday when my sister took him to the doggy park they frequent. An unfriendly four legged animal, bit Murphy on the mouth. My sister called me at work hysterical, I thought he was dead when she said he was attacked. Of course, here I am at work, saying, "Ohhhh, wow," and smiling at the people looking at me. She did not want me to leave work, just someone to vent to. He is FINE. I got her a can of pepper spray on a key chain if it looks like Armegeddon there. Murphy made a friend, another Irish Wolfhound named MUNGO, they are best buds. I guess not all animals are compatible. I made it to the dentist and got my tooth repaired. 140 dollars later. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH. I should have gone in to specialized medicine. Imagine, all the body parts we have, specializing in one, toes, tongues, fingers, could be sitting on a fortune right now!!!!!!!!!!

Vee

Location hidden

#35951 Jul 31, 2014
Grace, just a quick comment on leaving your pets, I could never find anyone (except you and El) to watch my animals and care for them so intensely the way I do, too many horror stories. You find these nannies and babysitters who on the surface, appear somewhat normal, and they wind up killing the kids. People are sick, a good way to sum that up, they had someone in New York throw a dog over a bridge and he survived. Maybe you, El, and myself should start our own business, if we need to go away, we have some kind of home-away-from-home for our four legged fur babies. Now with El, I would have to build a huge 12 foot bed and breakfast to accomondate her lovelys, you just have the one. Of course the two of you would have to move stateside, but who better then us 3 to maintain something like that?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#35952 Jul 31, 2014
Grace Hamas is using children as human bombs. Putting vest on kids and telling the to run to the soldiers and then blowing the vest by cell phone. This is terrible. Kds were used in Vietnam too

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#35953 Jul 31, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Grace Hamas is using children as human bombs. Putting vest on kids and telling the to run to the soldiers and then blowing the vest by cell phone. This is terrible. Kds were used in Vietnam too
for sure ...
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Kalamazoo, MI

#35954 Jul 31, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
Tel Aviv outdoor mall bombing January 25, 2002 Tel Aviv Double Suicide attack, carried out by Palestinian Islamic Jihad together with Fatah.
NO WARNING .... the Israel are forewarn...never been to a mall where it was all military personal .... in any country
never had a fire base overrun in Nam when Puff was above, the drone of a distant A-10 has the same effect

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#35955 Jul 31, 2014
lets see.. I departed Nam in Oct 13 1963.....

Definition of FIREBASE: a secured site from which field artillery can lay down interdicting fire . First Known Use of FIREBASE. 1968.

why no never did , so tell us how did you survive

been in a mall once .... overrun what is call Black Friday ????

learned my lesson survived by running away .. you did the same at a firebase

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#35956 Jul 31, 2014
thinking back .. left Nam Oct 13 1963....

National origin United States
Manufacturer Fairchild Republic
First flight 10 May 1972
Introduction March 1977
Status In service
Primary user United States Air Force
Produced 19721984

nope....... tell me about it I don't believe it was in Nam ..
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Kalamazoo, MI

#35957 Jul 31, 2014
what are you talking about pops?
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Kalamazoo, MI

#35958 Jul 31, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Kalamazoo, MI

#35959 Jul 31, 2014
now I got it, nice spin pops

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#35960 Jul 31, 2014
on CBS news . a child " I will be a suicide bomber and blow myself up in Israel"

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#35961 Jul 31, 2014
good morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE

INTERESTING some seems to know when I departed

Nam. huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#35962 Aug 1, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
Just to add here, there was no military targets in the Blitz, it was just carpet bombing
the cities irrespective of who was there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min Ben Colder 213,214
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Jennifer Renee 23,367
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 30 min Horn Dog 220,673
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 57 min Parden Pard 2,759
News 'This is a bizarre situation': John McCain says... 1 hr Fcvk tRump 32
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 1 hr Mutant-cucumber 5,640
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 2 hr Real Finn 6,879
Trolliday Inn -- We'll leave the light on for you 6 hr Spotted Girl 46
A to Z songs by title or group! 7 hr wichita-rick 1,235
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 13 hr 8541 MARINE 21,465