“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#35923 Jul 30, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
<quoted text>
aaaaaaaaaah the Irish . USA might not have existed if it wasn't for the Irish
meaning our civil war
Interesting. Not too au fait with it myself, ashamed to admit.

Just getting ready to go out now, hairdressers this morning,on to
town later. Big drop in the temp today, 58F may have to put
the heat back on this evening.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#35924 Jul 30, 2014
Washington fought with uniformed troops against an army,not against civilians and that is the difference between terrorist. The militia helped but the idea of sharp shooters in the woods is true but over blown and has become part myth. The Brown bess was the Queen of the battle field and could fire as much as 10 rounds a minute. A rifle is a slow weapon and is hard to fire more than 3 rounds a minute, The musket was a point and shoot weapon not meant to be aimed. Washington lost nearly every battle. His power was not winning but staying in the fight and not being caught and his force being wiped out. Very much like the war in Vietnam. They just out lasted our will to fight
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Kalamazoo, MI

#35925 Jul 30, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Washington fought with uniformed troops against an army,not against civilians and that is the difference between terrorist. The militia helped but the idea of sharp shooters in the woods is true but over blown and has become part myth. The Brown bess was the Queen of the battle field and could fire as much as 10 rounds a minute. A rifle is a slow weapon and is hard to fire more than 3 rounds a minute, The musket was a point and shoot weapon not meant to be aimed. Washington lost nearly every battle. His power was not winning but staying in the fight and not being caught and his force being wiped out. Very much like the war in Vietnam. They just out lasted our will to fight
TORIES!
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Kalamazoo, MI

#35926 Jul 30, 2014
or "Hanadahguyus"

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#35927 Jul 30, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>TORIES!
There is a wonderful book called Oliver Wiswell and is about the revolution told from the Torry side. After the war the Torries were treated terribly. The truth is about one third were Rebels and a third were Torries and a third did not care who won and just wanted the war over.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#35928 Jul 30, 2014
Good afternoon ALL..
Interesting discussion here,

Tally noted what you said about he Irish lol.

As a little anecdote,
When Pres Reagan was in power (RIP)
Might interest folks to know the origin of
His name 'O'Regan' and 'Regan' is a common name
hereabouts, would be in the category of
a typical IRISH surname-
but wAy in the past when folks hadn't the chances they have
in the present day... of getting a good education,
the name REGAN was sometimes misspelled as
REAGAN..
and in time it became a name on it's own
right!
but.. originates from a misspelling LOL!

STILL mind blowing what's happening in
Gaza..
I think the Israelis are too heavy handed -
'I know ' it takes two to make war-but-
Honestly!!!!! The imbalance is glaring!

There are 'my' cards on the table..

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#35929 Jul 30, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good afternoon ALL..
Interesting discussion here,
Tally noted what you said about he Irish lol.
As a little anecdote,
When Pres Reagan was in power (RIP)
Might interest folks to know the origin of
His name 'O'Regan' and 'Regan' is a common name
hereabouts, would be in the category of
a typical IRISH surname-
but wAy in the past when folks hadn't the chances they have
in the present day... of getting a good education,
the name REGAN was sometimes misspelled as
REAGAN..
and in time it became a name on it's own
right!
but.. originates from a misspelling LOL!
STILL mind blowing what's happening in
Gaza..
I think the Israelis are too heavy handed -
'I know ' it takes two to make war-but-
Honestly!!!!! The imbalance is glaring!
There are 'my' cards on the table..
Dear Grace the only reason there is an imbalance is the Israelis have a missile defense system. Hamas has fired over 2000 rockets and are at them . They are trying to kill all the Jews. That is part of their creed. I hope there is no cease fire. Only answer is a complete war. Just like WW1 lead to WW2. One party has to be defeated or this will start all over again. I know Europe is more sympathetic to Muslims than we are here

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#35930 Jul 30, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Dear Grace the only reason there is an imbalance is the Israelis have a missile defense system. Hamas has fired over 2000 rockets and are at them . They are trying to kill all the Jews. That is part of their creed. I hope there is no cease fire. Only answer is a complete war. Just like WW1 lead to WW2. One party has to be defeated or this will start all over again. I know Europe is more sympathetic to Muslims than we are here
The world is watching this and it is disgraceful what's
going on..
I know Israel are trying to shut down the tunnels,
but at what a cost;
Even today they bombed an United Nations run school which
Palestinians were assured was relatively safe for shelter.

Denny 'you hope there will be no ceasefire'?

fine for you to say in the comfort
of your own home so many miles away, while
enormous suffering, death and despair is their daily
lot..

'Fighting ' about it here won't help..folks have different
views...

but..

being allowed to express them here
at El's is ..at least an outlet for the frustration we
ALL feel about this conflict, which, by all accounts is
going to get even worse.

“.WHERE DID”

Since: May 14

THAT POST GO

#35931 Jul 30, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
NOTE: Kentucky Long Rifle" became the ... producing increased firepower over that of the contemporary British "Brown Bess" musket rifle,...

the KY long rifle was superior to the Brown Bess for accuracy and ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#35932 Jul 30, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
The world is watching this and it is disgraceful what's
going on..
I know Israel are trying to shut down the tunnels,
but at what a cost;
Even today they bombed an United Nations run school which
Palestinians were assured was relatively safe for shelter.
Denny 'you hope there will be no ceasefire'?
fine for you to say in the comfort
of your own home so many miles away, while
enormous suffering, death and despair is their daily
lot..
'Fighting ' about it here won't help..folks have different
views...
but..
being allowed to express them here
at El's is ..at least an outlet for the frustration we
ALL feel about this conflict, which, by all accounts is
going to get even worse.
Grace if there is a cease fire it will just give time for Hamas to rearm. Those schools were found to store 20 rocket .Churches are used as well as hospital. Hamas is using the lives of their citizens for political purpose. How many of Israels children would be dead from the 2000 rockets?
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Kalamazoo, MI

#35933 Jul 30, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
exactly one well placed shot or two can ...make a few hundred step lightly .......... in the long run saving lives
also can create a new country like USA
but you were pumping gas
this one made me tear up, laugh and left me speechless

I have a close friend that survived the bulge/Arden and Bastogne, infantrymen, NYPD retired, alive and sharp to this day

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#35934 Jul 30, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTE: Kentucky Long Rifle" became the ... producing increased firepower over that of the contemporary British "Brown Bess" musket rifle,...
the KY long rifle was superior to the Brown Bess for accuracy and ...
Both sides used snipers with rifles but the Brown Bess was the machine gun of the day because it could be reloaded so quickly by a well trained man. It was spray and prey and was not aimed but fired at a mass of men. We also used the Brown Bess as well but hunting rifles were common among the militias who fed their families with them. I am reading a great book you would love Tally It is by John Ross Called Unintended Consequences . A great gun book. Right now I am reading about the 1934 gun act that was put in the raise revenue with a $200 tax on Full auto guns as well as silencers. Now who is going to pay a tax of $200 on a $2 muffler. And how will that raise revenue? The reason the law was past is to give the Treasury agents something to do now the whiskey was legal

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#35935 Jul 30, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Grace if there is a cease fire it will just give time for Hamas to rearm. Those schools were found to store 20 rocket .Churches are used as well as hospital. Hamas is using the lives of their citizens for political purpose. How many of Israels children would be dead from the 2000 rockets?
Yes I agree. When and how does Hamas get those rockets, why it's during months long "cease fire"'s. They build tunnels and bring in the rockets.

Money is sent there to build hospitals and schools but they build tunnels with the money instead. Just look at all that concrete in some of those tunnels, why alot of them are made so much better than the Mexico to U.S.A. tunnels. This concrete could have been used for schools and hospitals.

Speaking of schools and hospitals, Hamas are fireing rockets from them. If for example, if you were a country and someone was fireing at you from schools and hospitals, and you wanted them to stop but just saying "Please Stop Fireing" does not seem to work, would you waste rockets fireing into a nearby mountain as a warning shot, and then if that does not work because Hamas does not want to stop shooting rockets, would you fire more rockets into the mountain again and again and again as more "Warning shots"? I think the answer seems to be shoot into the schools and hospitals when needed to stop the attacks. The people were TOLD ahead of time to leave by Israel, but Hamas told them to stay.

The people could have seen the Hamas rockets being placed into the schools and hospitals during the month long "cease fire"s and started "home schools" and/or told the local government (which is Hamas again) about others in Hamas placeing the rockets there in the hospitals and schools.

If the people can't get Hamas to listen, then one of the main problems is between the people wanting to use the schools and hospitals and the Hamas government.

As Hamas brings the rockets from tunnels and storage warehouse thru town and goes thru the hassels of putting them into the schools and hospitals, they could have much easierly just placed them in a park and fired the rockets. Clearly the local Hamas government does not just care about the people but wants some of them dead so they can later complain to the world about the deaths.

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#35936 Jul 30, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Both sides used snipers with rifles but the Brown Bess was the machine gun of the day because it could be reloaded so quickly by a well trained man. It was spray and prey and was not aimed but fired at a mass of men. We also used the Brown Bess as well but hunting rifles were common among the militias who fed their families with them. I am reading a great book you would love Tally It is by John Ross Called Unintended Consequences . A great gun book. Right now I am reading about the 1934 gun act that was put in the raise revenue with a $200 tax on Full auto guns as well as silencers. Now who is going to pay a tax of $200 on a $2 muffler. And how will that raise revenue? The reason the law was past is to give the Treasury agents something to do now the whiskey was legal
the difference is one of two.... the b bess was handled by professionals , and was a military weapon , but an extremely short range , that the purpose of marching in a line.. like a broadside

the k/long , and also the Penn. long were a tools for hunting , and accurate
and can reach out and touch some one ... we had more farmers and more touches

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#35937 Jul 30, 2014
I'm lost to say the least ..5 unks , mother's brothers all in the 101 ...3 were instant dead D-day..... 2 went to Arnhem , 1 came out and went to the Bulge and finished the war..

507th ...

being from Italy they went directly to England -Dday

unk Gil told me once and once only , about Arnhem/Bulge/and the camps .. nobody believed about the camps .... he was drunk.. he suffered a nervous break down later in life

so your amusing screams/cowardness/ etc etc is why i will beat the living day light out of you
Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#35938 Jul 30, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Grace if there is a cease fire it will just give time for Hamas to rearm. Those schools were found to store 20 rocket .Churches are used as well as hospital. Hamas is using the lives of their citizens for political purpose. How many of Israels children would be dead from the 2000 rockets?
Denny, how conveniently you paint
ISRAEL lily white..

I cannot believe every man woman & little infant that died or is severely
Injured was used as a human shield! One can see the sheer
grief in the reactions of the families,
were they all such top class's actors of that ilk,
They' have been snapped up by Hollywood by now!!!

In all wars there is propaganda ..rumour and denial..

It's a dirty business (as we know) and *all * have blood
on their hands.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Kalamazoo, MI

#35939 Jul 30, 2014
TALLYHO 8541 wrote:
I'm lost to say the least ..5 unks , mother's brothers all in the 101 ...3 were instant dead D-day..... 2 went to Arnhem , 1 came out and went to the Bulge and finished the war..
507th ...
being from Italy they went directly to England -Dday
unk Gil told me once and once only , about Arnhem/Bulge/and the camps .. nobody believed about the camps .... he was drunk.. he suffered a nervous break down later in life
so your amusing screams/cowardness/ etc etc is why i will beat the living day light out of you
who are you talking about pops?
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Kalamazoo, MI

#35940 Jul 30, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>

It's a dirty business (as we know) and *all * have blood
on their hands.
thats why it is time to stop
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Kalamazoo, MI

#35941 Jul 30, 2014
sounds like his whole family is crazy

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#35942 Jul 30, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>thats why it is time to stop
You know that..
I know that ...

But

try telling 'THEM ' that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago artist creates a mural of Michelle Obam... 2 min Princess Finny Ferry 16
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 5 min Jennifer Renee 23,614
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 5 min Parden Pard 46,439
What Is Your DREAM JOB? 7 min Princess Finny Ferry 45
News John F. Kennedy's diary sells for over $700,000 17 min Parden Pard 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min Sharlene45 215,424
News Heineken just schooled Pepsi on ads that tackle... 25 min Parden Pard 1
A to Z songs by title or group! 4 hr liam cul8r 1,583
More from around the web