El's Kitchen

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#35458 Jul 2, 2014
Buenas Dias Y'all! Thanks for the Welch and Irish language lessons. My family just got back from Europe. My stepson got married in Poland. My family stayed in our house in Portugal for 3 weeks. My step son speaks Portuguese, English, Polish, and German now. You are lucky to get anyone speaking English in Tennessee!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#35459 Jul 2, 2014
LOL to true but nothing like England. They all speak English but you need an English English dictionary

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#35460 Jul 2, 2014
I was in a bar in Dallas and I heard a group of ladies with a strong accent. I asked if you lassies are from Scotland. One of them snapped back at me Wales you idiot. I said I am sorry and rephrased my question and asked are you whales from Scotland : )

“Work it out yourself!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#35461 Jul 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> LOL I agree but what are we talking about again :)
LOL! I realised I was leaving that wide open for interpretation just as I posted!

We are, of course, talking about tomatoes...:)

“.WHERE DID”

Since: May 14

THAT POST GO

#35462 Jul 2, 2014
good morning all

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#35463 Jul 2, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Buenas Dias Y'all! Thanks for the Welch and Irish language lessons. My family just got back from Europe. My stepson got married in Poland. My family stayed in our house in Portugal for 3 weeks. My step son speaks Portuguese, English, Polish, and German now. You are lucky to get anyone speaking English in Tennessee!
Just English, French and a typpyn bach of Welsh here..but one year when my son
was 10 or so, we spent the whole of the Winter months learning Esperanto...the
communal language. Trouble was, nobody else seemed to have learnt it.
Good that your family are back safe and sound and trust everything went well.
Funny thing MH, girl I knew in NJ applied for a job and was turned down as she
didn't speak Spanish.

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#35464 Jul 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
LOL to true but nothing like England. They all speak English but you need an English English dictionary
Denny, you would definately need an interpreter if you went 'oop North'
to Newcastle....a language of their own there. And..they call everybody
'Pet' which I think is quite sweet.

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#35465 Jul 2, 2014
tora tora tora wrote:
good morning all
Good Morning Sir Tally....and all here..

I posted mid-morning, one post, then I could not get back on here,
something to do with google chrome closing down...most frustrating.

Did you watch the match? What a game. One of the English commentators
said he didn't want it to end, the atmosphere was exhilerating, great fans...
and..great play. Another one said he was honoured to have been present.
It really was the best match of the tournament and such bad luck that
the USA lost out, they played magnificently. But, well done Belgium, has
to be said.

Blowing for a storm here and I am in the middle of painting outside....making
a 'run' for one of the bunch.

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#35466 Jul 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
I was in a bar in Dallas and I heard a group of ladies with a strong accent. I asked if you lassies are from Scotland. One of them snapped back at me Wales you idiot. I said I am sorry and rephrased my question and asked are you whales from Scotland :)
That's very impolite of that Welsh girl and completely out of character. But you are
kidding, right?
The Welsh are hands down the most polite race I have ever come across....in fact,
when they go abroard, and I hate to say this, they put the Welsh flag in their car
so people won't think they are English. Makes my blood boil the way we English
carry on abroard.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#35467 Jul 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very impolite of that Welsh girl and completely out of character. But you are
kidding, right?
The Welsh are hands down the most polite race I have ever come across....in fact,
when they go abroard, and I hate to say this, they put the Welsh flag in their car
so people won't think they are English. Makes my blood boil the way we English
carry on abroard.
LOL I can understand the part about the flag. It is much like that in Texas. We were a nation before we were a State. We are very proud of our flag. You see it everywhere paint on walls and roofs. I know of no other state that paint their flag on a storage shed. Lone Star is the nation beer of Texas. There is a bar in London called the Texas Embassy. When S&P and I met in London we had a beer there and I did some magic for her :) I am getting ready to do a bunch of magic video to tie in with real estate. I hope they might go viral. Just one trick in each tied in with a real estate tip

“June ”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#35468 Jul 2, 2014
Good Afternoon folks all..

Lovely breezy v mild day here..with weak sunlight,
the kinda day I love, a gentle day I'd call it..+
my eldest (well beloved ) son is coming home from France(where he lives)
this Eve, for a few days-& honestly it's like the return of the prodigal son :)

when doing his bed, I went out & purchased fresh new sheets
-LOL.. Just for the sake of it:)

Regards + good wishes to all in 'THE KITCHEN'
that has become> w
our Topix refuge!

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#35469 Jul 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> LOL I can understand the part about the flag. It is much like that in Texas. We were a nation before we were a State. We are very proud of our flag. You see it everywhere paint on walls and roofs. I know of no other state that paint their flag on a storage shed. Lone Star is the nation beer of Texas. There is a bar in London called the Texas Embassy. When S&P and I met in London we had a beer there and I did some magic for her :) I am getting ready to do a bunch of magic video to tie in with real estate. I hope they might go viral. Just one trick in each tied in with a real estate tip
Have you seen the flag of Wales.(:
Do you not fly the Stars and Stripes in Texas? Saw a lot of that in the crowd at the match
last night.
Can you believe this? There was a house for sale in the next village to where I was at
the time, in Wales, and an English couple bought it in their innocence. After the purchase
was completed the house owner next door promptly hung the Welsh flag in the window,
in that area to indicate national pride. Makes me wonder had that couple seen the flag
before purchase if they would have gone ahead.
What is it with the Lone Star...how come you are able to have your own flag in Texas,
I never did understand that?

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#35470 Jul 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not fly the Stars and Stripes in Texas? Saw a lot of that in the crowd at the match
last night.
Can you believe this? There was a house for sale in the next village to where I was at
the time, in Wales, and an English couple bought it in their innocence. After the purchase
was completed the house owner next door promptly hung the Welsh flag in the window,
in that area to indicate national pride. Makes me wonder had that couple seen the flag
What is it with the Lone Star...how come you are able to have your own flag in Texas,
every state has it's own flag... but Texas was a republic before it was a state so the LONE STAR..Republic .... bastartized to Lone Star State

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#35471 Jul 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
last night.
Every state has it's own flag. We are just more proud of it than others ! We have shirts that are the Texas flag. We fly the American flag above the Texas flag. Our Flag has one lone start which was our original Republic flag. The lone star state :) It would be like each county in England have their own flag

“.WHERE DID”

THAT POST GO

#35472 Jul 2, 2014
The official state flag of Texas, called the Lone Star Flag, was adopted in 1845 when Texas became the 28th state of the United States. ........the large white star was first used on Texas flags in the 1830's during the battles between Texas and Mexico.
SLACK

Union City, MI

#35473 Jul 2, 2014
so the supreme court decided yesterday we are no longer a republic but now a democracy, I am sure a majority of people don't like me so let me be first to the guillotine

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#35474 Jul 2, 2014
Thanks Sir Tally and Denny, have to admit I find it very confusing.

Denny, each COUNTRY within the UK has it's own flag, each COUNTY
it's Coats of Arms.

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#35475 Jul 2, 2014
SLACK wrote:
so the supreme court decided yesterday we are no longer a republic but now a democracy, I am sure a majority of people don't like me so let me be first to the guillotine
are you referring to the State where you are?

“Work it out yourself!”

Liverpool, UK

#35476 Jul 2, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good Afternoon folks all..
Lovely breezy v mild day here..with weak sunlight,
the kinda day I love, a gentle day I'd call it..+
my eldest (well beloved ) son is coming home from France(where he lives)
this Eve, for a few days-& honestly it's like the return of the prodigal son :)
when doing his bed, I went out & purchased fresh new sheets
-LOL.. Just for the sake of it:)
Regards + good wishes to all in 'THE KITCHEN'
that has become> w
our Topix refuge!
Hello Grace and Good Afternoon to you...we seem to have posted simultaenously
earlier, almost missed you.
Fantastic your son is coming home....everything prepared for him by the sound,
a happy time ahead for both of you...:)
I was thinking more about our chat about the baby in the buggy....not the point as
to how they grow up is it Grace, it's the here and the now. Had an experience myself
in Tescos (lol) will reserve it for when you are less busy.
Have a wonderful time with your son, and wondering how the baby grandaughter is
coming along....would love to hear when you have time.
Got to laugh, I stepped outside this morning and on and off I have had a paintbrush
in my hand ever since....funny how the day turns out...:)
Would you believe the sun is just coming out now I have finished outside!
SLACK

Union City, MI

#35477 Jul 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
are you referring to the State where you are?
NOPE, the US Supreme Court

Hobby Lobby vs. common sense, guess who lost?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min MIDutch 199,481
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 3 min Privasi 15,870
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min flack 192,962
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 9 min Dale Carnegie 7,380
News new Are Disney Princesses hurting your kid's se... 34 min Fundies R Mentall... 42
News Kellogg's opening cereal cafe in Times Square 37 min Spotted Girl 4
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 43 min Princess Hey 10,164
2words into 2new words (May '12) 2 hr Sharlene45 2,327
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr KellyP in Jersey 32,418
More from around the web