El's Kitchen
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#34817 May 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
where they dig up these facts from.....
Remember a couple of years back someone had found an old By law that you could kill a Welsh man inside Herefords City walls on a Sunday with a long bow,obviously hundreds of years old and forgotten but technically still law...Remember saying to one of my closet friends who's Welsh( I don't tell anyone that though by the way,lol) did he fancy going to Hereford for the day...lol.
As a By law still standing I wondered if you could actually get away with it,would have been a great way of getting rid of the Kinnocks,lol
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Paw Paw, MI

#34818 May 20, 2014
not available on cspan

the head of the DEA philosophies are based on a lies, he knows this but he does not care

LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Paw Paw, MI

#34819 May 20, 2014

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#34820 May 20, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I didn't watch it after the 'violence'
Warning.
Kinda glad I made the choice having read above 3
reactions..
But violence to BUCKEYS should be cut down
too, I mean, look at this:)
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
'Afternoon Grace. I look at things this way...if I can watch the violence as in
'Breaking Bad'....then I can stomach the real world. I know that like myself,
if there was anything you could do about these things you would be up there
with the first. There are times I think of cancelling my Care2 sub as some of
the cruelty there is so disturbing but that is where we can help by merely
signing petitions, I know you subscribe to this, and those petitions pay off
in many instances.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#34821 May 20, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. How are you this fine day? A lovely spring day here in Dallas
'Afternoon Denny.....I'm absolutely fine thankx..hope all is well with yourself.
It has been a lovely afternoon here too, I went out, I swear I can never seen
as much May Blossom as this month, along with that the mountains e
covered with Bluebells, Gorse and Rhodis....truly a feast for the eyes.
Stopped to see the new calves I saw on their first day of life last week...
gambolling around, it was all a nice change of scene.
Hey, don't forget now, no more than 3 sips of beer standing up, lol...:)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#34822 May 20, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
on the state law books and have never been repealed .. English law has its share
Very true....

'Afternoon Sir Tally.

(The pc is proving a real challenge! TG I have this little ultrabook)

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#34823 May 20, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Grace what does her going on TV accomplish other than showing she cares. You measure things in results not in showing you care. I feel very sad for these poor girls kidnapped by a group of Muslim terrorist. My feeling sad has no effect on the situation. The terrorist want to trade these girls for captured members of their terrorist group. We have no members of their group nor does Ireland. The only way to release those poor girls is massive military intervention. Does Ireland, England, or America want to go to war with this group of terrorist?
It is not in our power to go to war with this organisation - it is within a sovereign state (Nigeria), so it is up to them (with our help if they ask for it). As for measuring by results - didn't see much congratulation from the US political right wing over the capture and death of Bin Laden - even though Bush had failed conspicuously in his administration's attempts to do the same.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#34824 May 20, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>when people start talking openly, fearlessly great things can happen, it is better to die on our feet than live on our knees
'Afternoon LIM...

well, it has worked in the past.....big changes made by people not prepared
to lie down.........

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#34825 May 20, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Remember a couple of years back someone had found an old By law that you could kill a Welsh man inside Herefords City walls on a Sunday with a long bow,obviously hundreds of years old and forgotten but technically still law...Remember saying to one of my closet friends who's Welsh( I don't tell anyone that though by the way,lol) did he fancy going to Hereford for the day...lol.
As a By law still standing I wondered if you could actually get away with it,would have been a great way of getting rid of the Kinnocks,lol
LOL Krypteia.......('Afternoon)..
I'm glad you cleared that up, as I thought it applied any day of the week!
Yep, still legal to use a long bow in defence or otherwise in Wales. I theeeenk!..:)

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#34826 May 20, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> It is all about symbolism over substance. Tweets just make you feel good like you are actually doing something. This is a carefully staged performance by Michelle. As for Massive military intervention we nor England doesn't have a dog in that fight. The Nigerian government has that problem and they are doing nothing about protecting their citizens. Obama and Hillary refused to identify this group as terrorist. Move on .org a democrat group also was opposed to identify the group as terrorist before the kidnapping
I cannot comment on the statement that the Obamas have not condemned this group as a terrorist organisation as I have seen no evidence, nor do I have a source for this. However, all this sabre rattling about military intervention is simply incorrect. NO COUNTRY has any right to began any military operation against this group in Nigeria, unless requested by the Nigerian govt so to do. It has nothing to do with political will.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Paw Paw, MI

#34827 May 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Afternoon LIM...
well, it has worked in the past.....big changes made by people not prepared
to lie down.........
not many can be "in there face" as I am comfortable with, too much to loose or just not in their nature. it's why the make vanilla AND chocolate

some pray and meditate, some sign and promote petitions, some run in head long and that's good, no single approach will work

stand for the rights and privliges for the most disliked, in doing so ALL are protected
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Paw Paw, MI

#34828 May 20, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot comment on the statement that the Obamas have not condemned this group as a terrorist organisation as I have seen no evidence, nor do I have a source for this. However, all this sabre rattling about military intervention is simply incorrect. NO COUNTRY has any right to began any military operation against this group in Nigeria, unless requested by the Nigerian govt so to do. It has nothing to do with political will.
hear hear

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#34829 May 20, 2014
Afternoon/morning al (depending on which side of the pond you are. Another good day - had my annual cholesterol check results today and it's lower than it's ever been. Wonderful thing these statins! Ironically, over the last year, I've eaten all the high fat foods to try to keep up the weight during treatment, so was not expecting this result. Another beautiful weekend teaching on the Thames and even managed to get to a West End show (The Commitments) on Sat night. Off for 10 days competing on a 37' yacht on Thursday, so see you all in early June.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34830 May 20, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
Afternoon/morning al (depending on which side of the pond you are. Another good day - had my annual cholesterol check results today and it's lower than it's ever been. Wonderful thing these statins! Ironically, over the last year, I've eaten all the high fat foods to try to keep up the weight during treatment, so was not expecting this result. Another beautiful weekend teaching on the Thames and even managed to get to a West End show (The Commitments) on Sat night. Off for 10 days competing on a 37' yacht on Thursday, so see you all in early June.
Great to see you back and with a good report,
I can actually sense the difference in your posting!
You so deserve all this turn about for the good.

And Ah! I note you saw THE COMMITMENTS..
I know one of the guys (Glen Hansard) who starred in it - very well..

Enjoy it all.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34831 May 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Afternoon Grace. I look at things this way...if I can watch the violence as in
'Breaking Bad'....then I can stomach the real world. I know that like myself,
if there was anything you could do about these things you would be up there
with the first. There are times I think of cancelling my Care2 sub as some of
the cruelty there is so disturbing but that is where we can help by merely
signing petitions, I know you subscribe to this, and those petitions pay off
in many instances.
It's true indeed El,
Every leffort helps.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34832 May 20, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
Lol
Enjoyed it too:)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#34833 May 20, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
'Evening Tony...that is good news and good to see you here again. What? Off again..:
well can only say that you deserve it, enjoy it and let us know how you fared if you
will.
Watching the 'One Show' earlier, it covered the Scilly Isles, just South of where
you are. Never knew how beautiful they are.
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#34834 May 20, 2014
Evening El,off to Herne Bay Friday got army reunion Saturday then the following Sunday off to Twickenham to watch England/barbarians so looks like the liver is going to take a bit of a bashing these coming weekends and wallet..

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#34835 May 20, 2014
Hi El

well looks like we sold the house.
not sure exactly now how I feel about that,
happy and sad at the same time. we've been at this place for a lil over 23 yrs... so many memories..
ive always had a hard time with change. now hubby could care less, keeps telling me its just a thing and that our life and family are the heart of the home. I know hes right.
so I guess its, out with the old - in with the new..

so why do I feel like crying..
:/
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Paw Paw, MI

#34836 May 20, 2014
PFfff wrote:
Hi El
well looks like we sold the house.
not sure exactly now how I feel about that,
happy and sad at the same time. we've been at this place for a lil over 23 yrs... so many memories..
ive always had a hard time with change. now hubby could care less, keeps telling me its just a thing and that our life and family are the heart of the home. I know hes right.
so I guess its, out with the old - in with the new..
so why do I feel like crying..
:/
do ya have a new place yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Impluses of The Moment,... 3 min Sandy 16
Is It Past Your Bedtime Yet? 8 min Sandy 2
Thought Police to Wiretap Dream Sleep (Dec '08) 1 hr brooke 14
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 1 hr Brandiiiiiiii 10,781
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Brandiiiiiiii 7,155
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 1 hr Brandiiiiiiii 12,805
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 1 hr Brandiiiiiiii 1,061
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr CJ Rocker 228,422
noticed it was red 5 hr Crazy Jae 98
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 6 hr aka Deja Blue 151,114