“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34616 May 8, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>My gosh it's been awhile since I've been here! My mom almost died, twice, but that' wasn't the Lord's will, at the time. She's come through rehab with increased strength and ability, but her docs don't think she'll survive open heart surgery so they'll be doing some less severe surgeries instead later this week. I'm just counting every day a blessing and gonna let tomorrow worry about itself. If bad news is gonna come to me, no sense rushing into the future to greet it, and worrying is like emotionally rehearsing for loss. If it comes I'm only gonna feel it, once. The weather has been lovely and we've been SO busy, on top of everything else.
The kids with their kids have been busy working, and parenting, and their kids are a source of delight and a full heart for me. All is well.
I do pray all has been well for you and P, I think of you often. I watch your weather, lol.
So nice to see y'all, here. <3
So sorry to hear your Mom has been so very sick Paise. It's a dreadful time in
a family and she will appreciate your positive attitude at this time I am sure.
My thoughts go out to you during this coming week and prayers that your Mom
comes through as strong as before.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34617 May 8, 2014
Survey Says wrote:
Helpful of you and thanks.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34618 May 8, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
Good Morning all!
I need some advice....
I noticed a job opening at a nearby business that I am interested in. It is an Office Manager position. I stopped in yesterday and got an application. When I got home, I noticed the "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" question. I have not and the question never bothered me. However....As of January 1st, it is illegal in my state to ask this question on an application. This question may only be asked at the interview stage and beyond.
So.......do I tell the company that they are breaking the law? Do I say nothing; leaving them open to a lawsuit? Do I mention it when I turn my application in? Do I wait and say something if I get an interview? If I say something does it make me look knowledgeable about the job; or does it make me look like a know it all who picks everyone else apart?
Please give me your opinions!!!
Hello there,

my opinion comes a little late in the day, but here it is anyway.

I'm thinking, it could be a test. Is this applicant on the ball sufficiently to point out
to us where we are contravining the law?

Then again, it could be the application forms were printed before the law changed.

If this is a Law firm, then in your shoes, I would certainly draw their attention to it.

If not, I would let it go. Good Luck.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34619 May 8, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yes restore to factory fresh........ this wipes the mother board clean ,
when you restart ...like a brand new ..... now your servers will remember you like topixs/e/mail etc etc as soon as you sign into to your server with your password of ole....... the malware that you have is now embedded into mother/board so factory fresh will rid you of such...... just scanning will only close it so do factory fresh........takes about 2/3 hours , at 1st seems like it is crawling but hang their ...
page saying you are violating a copyright and must pay a fine to such/such
that is a virus dear ......
thanks...

well......I cleaned it all up. You name it, yesterday I did it! And at the end of a jolly
afternoon was informed 'no proxy server'....

I'm getting good, I sorted that in no time at all and here I am. No virus I am relieved to say.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34620 May 8, 2014
A rainy evening in Manchester
a game was played out between
Manchester City and Aston Villa
Football teams
and as the City fans sang to their
heart's content their signature tune
of BLUE MOON....
City destroyed the hopes and dreams of
Liverpool F.C winning the Premier League
on that wet May evening in Manchester last night.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#34621 May 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks...
well......I cleaned it all up. You name it, yesterday I did it! And at the end of a jolly
afternoon was informed 'no proxy server'....
I'm getting good, I sorted that in no time at all and here I am. No virus I am relieved to say.
Don't you hate computer problems :( I have a tech service I call and they take over the screen and fix the problem. It is expensive but well worth the cost in saved frustration :)I am getting a new double recliner love seat today. It is electric so it will be much easier for my wife to use. If she is happy I am happy

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34622 May 8, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you hate computer problems :( I have a tech service I call and they take over the screen and fix the problem. It is expensive but well worth the cost in saved frustration :)I am getting a new double recliner love seat today. It is electric so it will be much easier for my wife to use. If she is happy I am happy
The ridiculous thing is, I can call the Tech Guys for free, why didn't I think of that.
I find it fascinating when they take over the screen....

We have a double recliner....I wouldn't be without it. Love seat you call it? hmmm...:)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#34623 May 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks...
well......I cleaned it all up. You name it, yesterday I did it! And at the end of a jolly
afternoon was informed 'no proxy server'....
I'm getting good, I sorted that in no time at all and here I am. No virus I am relieved to say.
hell dear El you can change proxy server any time .. in your tools , under options under advance under network ... lists your proxy options ...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#34624 May 8, 2014
good morning /afternoon LADY EL/MADAME GRACE

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#34625 May 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
The ridiculous thing is, I can call the Tech Guys for free, why didn't I think of that.
I find it fascinating when they take over the screen....
We have a double recliner....I wouldn't be without it. Love seat you call it? hmmm...:)
LOL The simple easy answer is often over looked. Any question you have you can search you tube and someone has a video up showing you what to do or just google it :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#34626 May 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
The ridiculous thing is, I can call the Tech Guys for free, why didn't I think of that.
I find it fascinating when they take over the screen....
We have a double recliner....I wouldn't be without it. Love seat you call it? hmmm...:)
We just had a huge government report come out about the weather. It is so funny that the weather is now very political. If a guy claims the world will end this Friday then Saturday morning everyone knows he is a fool! Al Gore claimed years ago that by 2013 there would be NO Arctic ice but no one reminds the public of that. If all the Arctic ice melted do you know how much the ocean level would rise? Not an inch. There is nothing under the Arctic ice. It floats so there would be no rise. Naturally if all the worlds ice melted there would be a rise because the ice is over land. If you have a glass full of ice and water when it melts does the water over floe the glass? The amount of water in the world is a constant. We are drinking dinosaur pee :) I am amazed that a government that after 3 years and spending millions of dollars can't write a computer program for Obama care that works. Yet they think they can control the weather. The same government that counted both government jobs that were created and saved. How do you count a saved job? They can pull any number out of the air to prove the programs are a success. The Obama care web site can't tell you how many people actually bought Obama care so they can claim any number they want to prove their success. I guarantee Amazon knows exactly how many items they sold on any given day. Obama care was designed so it could not be measured! The temperature on Mars has gone up. Was it caused by man or the sun :) They claim that we will have more hurricanes and tornadoes because of warming. Actually we have a little fewer hurricanes. Those storms are not created by heat but by the conflict of heat and cold fronts. The tornado season isn't the hot summer but the spring when weather fronts of hot and cold collide. I am just tired of all the doom and destruction predictions. Remember a few years ago it was the population increase that would starve us all to death. Well at least it isn't like the middle ages when the church said all calamities and plagues were caused by the devil . If there is a Devil I bet he is a politician :)

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#34627 May 8, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, apologies for butting into your post to El,
but I was spurred on by your news AND very sorry to hear about your Mom.
You have your priorities right, it seems, PP....
Tho' difficult times, you are wise in taking matters day by day..
someone here once commented...
The Good Lord said..
'GIVE US ... THIS DAY ... OUR DAILY BREAD'
He didn't say anything about tomorrow or nxt week.
these things... AND.... the unfolding of life sees after itself.
Prayers and ALL good.. and sincere wishes to you... and
for your Mom.
I have a new granddaughter since Feb 2nd.......
She is like a Porcelain dolly you'd find in a glittering
Christmas Shop Window...
Need I say more
I'm in love with her:)
Grace I always love to hear from you, no apologies necessary.
I am so happy to hear of your delightful little granddaughter! You're always mentioning sons and grandsons, is this the first baby girl?
My youngest grandchild is a little girl born to us in December, her eyes were so dark we thought they'd be brown...they're turning the deepest blue...
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Munith, MI

#34628 May 8, 2014
someone here has some serious issues

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TC3TUQE...

“Ginger and her humans”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#34629 May 8, 2014
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you El, it's been fun but we are so happy to move into another home so quickly! Now we've decided to get rid of our motorhome and get a toy hauler so the kids (grandkids are getting so big) can bring their toys,(quads and sandrails) Anything we can to accommodate them!
Do you have grandchildren?
Dayum, I can't believe I haven't posted in the Kitchen since February! How is everyone? I saw Tony posting.
We're still busy here, shop sold (hopefully) We're just waiting for escrow to close. It seems since I retired 5 years ago, I'm busier now than I was then! We're getting ready to go to San Diego for a few days, husband says he needs him some "beach" time.
Congratulations on the new, beautiful granddaughter, Grace!

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34630 May 9, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Grace I always love to hear from you, no apologies necessary.
I am so happy to hear of your delightful little granddaughter! You're always mentioning sons and grandsons, is this the first baby girl?
My youngest grandchild is a little girl born to us in December, her eyes were so dark we thought they'd be brown...they're turning the deepest blue...
My turn to apologise Paise.
I am so sorry for my terse reply to you. In all honesty I could not get my head
round your statement.
" If it comes I'm only gonna feel it, once."

'cos I'm still feelin' it.

And it is decades ago my Mom died.
I realise we all handle things differently but I gave up my work and flew home
to care for mine, and farmed my son, who I also found to be a" source of joy and
delight", out with my aunt, whilst I took care of my mother.
It was the biggest worry E-V-E-R.
Sadly she died aged 57 yrs of age.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34631 May 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>We just had a huge government report come out about the weather. It is so funny that the weather is now very political. If a guy claims the world will end this Friday then Saturday morning everyone knows he is a fool! Al Gore claimed years ago that by 2013 there would be NO Arctic ice but no one reminds the public of that. If all the Arctic ice melted do you know how much the ocean level would rise? Not an inch. There is nothing under the Arctic ice. It floats so there would be no rise. Naturally if all the worlds ice melted there would be a rise because the ice is over land. If you have a glass full of ice and water when it melts does the water over floe the glass? The amount of water in the world is a constant. We are drinking dinosaur pee :) I am amazed that a government that after 3 years and spending millions of dollars can't write a computer program for Obama care that works. Yet they think they can control the weather. The same government that counted both government jobs that were created and saved. How do you count a saved job? They can pull any number out of the air to prove the programs are a success. The Obama care web site can't tell you how many people actually bought Obama care so they can claim any number they want to prove their success. I guarantee Amazon knows exactly how many items they sold on any given day. Obama care was designed so it could not be measured! The temperature on Mars has gone up. Was it caused by man or the sun :) They claim that we will have more hurricanes and tornadoes because of warming. Actually we have a little fewer hurricanes. Those storms are not created by heat but by the conflict of heat and cold fronts. The tornado season isn't the hot summer but the spring when weather fronts of hot and cold collide. I am just tired of all the doom and destruction predictions. Remember a few years ago it was the population increase that would starve us all to death. Well at least it isn't like the middle ages when the church said all calamities and plagues were caused by the devil . If there is a Devil I bet he is a politician :)
You make your point Denny, and in a most interesting way.
For the first time to my knowledge, there was a discussion on Sky News this
morning about healthcare of Veterans in certain hospitals in the States,
mention of a 'secret list'.....quite shocking revelations, they are calling upon
the one deemed responsible to resign but he is adamant he will not.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34632 May 9, 2014
tallyho wrote:
good morning /afternoon LADY EL/MADAME GRACE
Good Morning SIR TALLY...:)

yeah, I sorted the proxy...no prob.

so cold here this morning..much as I like all seasons this is ridiculous!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#34633 May 9, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning SIR TALLY...:)
yeah, I sorted the proxy...no prob.
so cold here this morning..much as I like all seasons this is ridiculous!
good morning LADY EL. so many programs interlock

main question did you rid yourself of the malware ????

do you know how to use your search box??

example : PAY NOW type in search box , your computer will search

and list all , just delete .... do it until you have an mt list

also use the words individually such as PAY and then NOW once that is gone the malware is gone .....virus you have to fact fresh

confusing?????????? sounds it but isn't

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34634 May 9, 2014
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
Dayum, I can't believe I haven't posted in the Kitchen since February! How is everyone? I saw Tony posting.
We're still busy here, shop sold (hopefully) We're just waiting for escrow to close. It seems since I retired 5 years ago, I'm busier now than I was then! We're getting ready to go to San Diego for a few days, husband says he needs him some "beach" time.
Congratulations on the new, beautiful granddaughter, Grace!
What a handsome young chap in your avatar DD....looks a very happy young man.
It's all working out at long last for you, that's great.
Good to see you here again and to hear all is well.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34635 May 9, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
good morning LADY EL. so many programs interlock
main question did you rid yourself of the malware ????
do you know how to use your search box??
example : PAY NOW type in search box , your computer will search
and list all , just delete .... do it until you have an mt list
also use the words individually such as PAY and then NOW once that is gone the malware is gone .....virus you have to fact fresh
confusing?????????? sounds it but isn't
Well I'll try it...so here goes...and thanks..:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 12 min beatlesinafog 30,088
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 17 min Jenji 337
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 20 min Roxie Darling 26,034
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 21 min beatlesinafog 7,837
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min Dogen 134,698
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 23 min beatlesinafog 7,641
Dog injures Wyoming man in accidental shooting 24 min Independent1 52
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 29 min Enzo49 3,039
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 47 min black shuck 152,912
Is it possible to....... 50 min Enzo49 620
More from around the web