Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34595 May 7, 2014
Briefly while I am ahead....

the webpage crashed once more since my previous post and now..

Just like to wish everyone a Good Morning...Grace, Denny, LIM,

and everyone who visits the Kitchen.

I do have an Ultrabook to fall back on but would like to get this
sorted.
Survey Says

Owensboro, KY

#34596 May 7, 2014

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#34597 May 7, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Briefly while I am ahead....
the webpage crashed once more since my previous post and now..
Just like to wish everyone a Good Morning...Grace, Denny, LIM,
and everyone who visits the Kitchen.
I do have an Ultrabook to fall back on but would like to get this
sorted.
Good morning El. It is true. Revenge is a dish best served cold :) My wife has been retired a month and she got a call from the girl who replaced her to have lunch. The system has gone pear shaped and it went wobbly and the wheels feel off. They are loosing huge amounts of money and they don't know how to stop the bleeding. They want her as a consultant! They are adding 4 states to the system and they don't have a clue! The wife is considering $250 an hour from home and $350 an hour if she goes into the office :) Blessed are the wheels for they shall run in circles :) ROFLMAO!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34598 May 7, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I so enjoyed hearing about this Denny...but what a night you both had. How incredibly
scary it must have been at times but had to laugh when H's wife came up with the
answer....can imagine your faces, lol.
Glad you both survived to tell the tale....:)
We kept singing a 3 hour tour from Gilligan's Island :)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#34599 May 7, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Sir Tally.....
going to pick your brain if I may..... is it an easy matter to restore a pc to factory condition iyo
I had to shut down last night when I came here, how can I explain, each time I tried
the page was taken over by other stuff...sorry if this is not very clear, a full page
takes over obscuring topix.....I should mention I have both Windows 7 and Windows 8
on my pc! I prefer W7..
yes restore to factory fresh........ this wipes the mother board clean ,
when you restart ...like a brand new ..... now your servers will remember you like topixs/e/mail etc etc as soon as you sign into to your server with your password of ole....... the malware that you have is now embedded into mother/board so factory fresh will rid you of such...... just scanning will only close it so do factory fresh........takes about 2/3 hours , at 1st seems like it is crawling but hang their ...

page saying you are violating a copyright and must pay a fine to such/such

that is a virus dear ......

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#34601 May 7, 2014
Good Morning all!

I need some advice....
I noticed a job opening at a nearby business that I am interested in. It is an Office Manager position. I stopped in yesterday and got an application. When I got home, I noticed the "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" question. I have not and the question never bothered me. However....As of January 1st, it is illegal in my state to ask this question on an application. This question may only be asked at the interview stage and beyond.
So.......do I tell the company that they are breaking the law? Do I say nothing; leaving them open to a lawsuit? Do I mention it when I turn my application in? Do I wait and say something if I get an interview? If I say something does it make me look knowledgeable about the job; or does it make me look like a know it all who picks everyone else apart?

Please give me your opinions!!!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#34602 May 7, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
Good Morning all!
I need some advice....
I noticed a job opening at a nearby business that I am interested in. It is an Office Manager position. I stopped in yesterday and got an application. When I got home, I noticed the "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" question. I have not and the question never bothered me. However....As of January 1st, it is illegal in my state to ask this question on an application. This question may only be asked at the interview stage and beyond.
So.......do I tell the company that they are breaking the law? Do I say nothing; leaving them open to a lawsuit? Do I mention it when I turn my application in? Do I wait and say something if I get an interview? If I say something does it make me look knowledgeable about the job; or does it make me look like a know it all who picks everyone else apart?
silence is golden.......... and the employer has every right for a background check

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#34603 May 7, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
This weather is very testing Paise, and I realise your land scaping business
depends on decent weather, everything must be on hold currently. I certainly
hope that things are improving on the health 'front' in your family, it's a worrying time
can only wish y'all the best for all.
It's great to see you here Paise, and I am kicking myself I missed you on the
day you posted.....
My gosh it's been awhile since I've been here! My mom almost died, twice, but that' wasn't the Lord's will, at the time. She's come through rehab with increased strength and ability, but her docs don't think she'll survive open heart surgery so they'll be doing some less severe surgeries instead later this week. I'm just counting every day a blessing and gonna let tomorrow worry about itself. If bad news is gonna come to me, no sense rushing into the future to greet it, and worrying is like emotionally rehearsing for loss. If it comes I'm only gonna feel it, once. The weather has been lovely and we've been SO busy, on top of everything else.
The kids with their kids have been busy working, and parenting, and their kids are a source of delight and a full heart for me. All is well.
I do pray all has been well for you and P, I think of you often. I watch your weather, lol.
So nice to see y'all, here. <3

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#34604 May 7, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
silence is golden.......... and the employer has every right for a background check
They do indeed have that right, and in this state they can ask that question in the interview process. That being said, it is a state law that you CANNOT ask this question on the application itself. This is a recent law going into effect on January 1st. If the wrong person gets a job application, the owner could be sued and lose his business.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#34605 May 7, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>My gosh it's been awhile since I've been here! My mom almost died, twice, but that' wasn't the Lord's will, at the time. She's come through rehab with increased strength and ability, but her docs don't think she'll survive open heart surgery so they'll be doing some less severe surgeries instead later this week. I'm just counting every day a blessing and gonna let tomorrow worry about itself. If bad news is gonna come to me, no sense rushing into the future to greet it, and worrying is like emotionally rehearsing for loss. If it comes I'm only gonna feel it, once. The weather has been lovely and we've been SO busy, on top of everything else.
The kids with their kids have been busy working, and parenting, and their kids are a source of delight and a full heart for me. All is well.
I do pray all has been well for you and P, I think of you often. I watch your weather, lol.
tell mom hello glad she is doing good

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#34606 May 7, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
tell mom hello glad she is doing good
Hello Tally! I will do that. I hope you can tell me you're doing well also.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#34607 May 7, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well how about that...that is excellent news Grace...considering I am
approaching the finale! Each and every one of those characters are
superb in their parts....going to miss this series..
Last night's was traumatic!...(:
and thankyou..thumb all better!
Beautiful morning here in Wales....52F....ready for Summer now.
Yeah, thought you'd be interested-as, indeed, I was..
and agreed-I'll miss the series too..
What made it different, I think, was that
EVERY single episode was a thriller in it's own
right, and OMG !!! is that not the highest standard
to keep up..

Folks reading this.... we're talking about
BREAKING BAD and in a sense we're suffering
withdrawal symptoms LOL..
So..

If anyone can suggest another series that might
come EVEN close..please let us know:)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#34608 May 7, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>My gosh it's been awhile since I've been here! My mom almost died, twice, but that' wasn't the Lord's will, at the time. She's come through rehab with increased strength and ability, but her docs don't think she'll survive open heart surgery so they'll be doing some less severe surgeries instead later this week. I'm just counting every day a blessing and gonna let tomorrow worry about itself. If bad news is gonna come to me, no sense rushing into the future to greet it, and worrying is like emotionally rehearsing for loss. If it comes I'm only gonna feel it, once. The weather has been lovely and we've been SO busy, on top of everything else.
Firstly, apologies for butting into your post to El,
but I was spurred on by your news AND very sorry to hear about your Mom.

You have your priorities right, it seems, PP....
Tho' difficult times, you are wise in taking matters day by day..
someone here once commented...
The Good Lord said..
'GIVE US ... THIS DAY ... OUR DAILY BREAD'

He didn't say anything about tomorrow or nxt week.
these things... AND.... the unfolding of life sees after itself.

Prayers and ALL good.. and sincere wishes to you... and
for your Mom.

I have a new granddaughter since Feb 2nd.......
She is like a Porcelain dolly you'd find in a glittering
Christmas Shop Window...

Need I say more

I'm in love with her:)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#34609 May 7, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
Good Morning all!
I need some advice....
Just my tuppence worth,
since you asked for opinions..

Under the circumstances, I'd be inclined to say ZERO...

from this angle, were you to bring their attention to this,
It 'could be ' viewed as a PUT DOWN, which might lessen your chances..

YOU know IT ISN'T a putdown, but, you don't want to
let anything come in the way of your chance of the job..
'cause they'll be many others ready to jump into your place.
Think of YOU.. It's your time..

You mentioned,
If you do not draw their attention to their obvious mistake,
you let them open to a lawsuit..

Keep your thoughts away from that and think

'Well, if that happens, that's their problem...
not mine'
They should've been on top of that,
Not YOUR fault they were not.

We all pay ... AND learn from our own mistakes!
they will be no different.

and finally,
Good Luck.

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#34610 May 7, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just my tuppence worth,
since you asked for opinions..
Under the circumstances, I'd be inclined to say ZERO...
from this angle, were you to bring their attention to this,
It 'could be ' viewed as a PUT DOWN, which might lessen your chances..
YOU know IT ISN'T a putdown, but, you don't want to
let anything come in the way of your chance of the job..
'cause they'll be many others ready to jump into your place.
Think of YOU.. It's your time..
You mentioned,
If you do not draw their attention to their obvious mistake,
you let them open to a lawsuit..
Keep your thoughts away from that and think
'Well, if that happens, that's their problem...
not mine'
They should've been on top of that,
Not YOUR fault they were not.
We all pay ... AND learn from our own mistakes!
they will be no different.
and finally,
Good Luck.
Thanks!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34611 May 7, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
Good Morning all!
I need some advice....
Do you have a law degree? If not do not say a word about it if you want the job :) IMHO

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34612 May 7, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
Great to see you back and good news about your mom

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#34613 May 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a law degree? If not do not say a word about it if you want the job :) IMHO
Ok, that's two for keeping quiet! Thanks!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#34614 May 7, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Tally! I will do that. I hope you can tell me you're doing well also.
that I can ,can't be better thank you

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#34615 May 7, 2014
we don't have the law in front of us...
it could and I believe it contains sub-sections.. states some thing like the question can not be asked: if it is used to be bias
in the hiring process ......

like asking a guy if he is, an arsonist applying for a dynamite packer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lisa Mariea s suspicious mind (Aug '10) 4 min Let Yourself Go 98
News Giant billowing aerial sculpture installed over... 18 min Anita Bryant s Jihad 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min wichita-rick 161,817
News Touching, funny, messages in obits getting wide... 21 min Anita Bryant s Jihad 1
News Oyez! Town Crier at Royal Baby Birth Captures A... 23 min Anita Bryant s Jihad 1
A-Z of people's names.. 28 min Observer 6
News Weird, wonderful drops 32 min Anita Bryant s Jihad 2
Things that make life eaiser... 50 min Mr_FX 265
News Baltimore Mom Catches Her Son Rioting, Beats Hi... 1 hr Spotted Girl 178
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 hr Jennifer Renee 10,908
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr Enter Username 29,001
More from around the web