El's Kitchen

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#34604 May 7, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
silence is golden.......... and the employer has every right for a background check
They do indeed have that right, and in this state they can ask that question in the interview process. That being said, it is a state law that you CANNOT ask this question on the application itself. This is a recent law going into effect on January 1st. If the wrong person gets a job application, the owner could be sued and lose his business.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#34605 May 7, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>My gosh it's been awhile since I've been here! My mom almost died, twice, but that' wasn't the Lord's will, at the time. She's come through rehab with increased strength and ability, but her docs don't think she'll survive open heart surgery so they'll be doing some less severe surgeries instead later this week. I'm just counting every day a blessing and gonna let tomorrow worry about itself. If bad news is gonna come to me, no sense rushing into the future to greet it, and worrying is like emotionally rehearsing for loss. If it comes I'm only gonna feel it, once. The weather has been lovely and we've been SO busy, on top of everything else.
The kids with their kids have been busy working, and parenting, and their kids are a source of delight and a full heart for me. All is well.
I do pray all has been well for you and P, I think of you often. I watch your weather, lol.
So nice to see y'all, here. <3
tell mom hello glad she is doing good

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#34606 May 7, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
tell mom hello glad she is doing good
Hello Tally! I will do that. I hope you can tell me you're doing well also.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34607 May 7, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well how about that...that is excellent news Grace...considering I am
approaching the finale! Each and every one of those characters are
superb in their parts....going to miss this series..
Last night's was traumatic!...(:
and thankyou..thumb all better!
Beautiful morning here in Wales....52F....ready for Summer now.
Yeah, thought you'd be interested-as, indeed, I was..
and agreed-I'll miss the series too..
What made it different, I think, was that
EVERY single episode was a thriller in it's own
right, and OMG !!! is that not the highest standard
to keep up..

Folks reading this.... we're talking about
BREAKING BAD and in a sense we're suffering
withdrawal symptoms LOL..
So..

If anyone can suggest another series that might
come EVEN close..please let us know:)

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34608 May 7, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>My gosh it's been awhile since I've been here! My mom almost died, twice, but that' wasn't the Lord's will, at the time. She's come through rehab with increased strength and ability, but her docs don't think she'll survive open heart surgery so they'll be doing some less severe surgeries instead later this week. I'm just counting every day a blessing and gonna let tomorrow worry about itself. If bad news is gonna come to me, no sense rushing into the future to greet it, and worrying is like emotionally rehearsing for loss. If it comes I'm only gonna feel it, once. The weather has been lovely and we've been SO busy, on top of everything else.
The kids with their kids have been busy working, and parenting, and their kids are a source of delight and a full heart for me. All is well.
I do pray all has been well for you and P, I think of you often. I watch your weather, lol.
So nice to see y'all, here. <3
Firstly, apologies for butting into your post to El,
but I was spurred on by your news AND very sorry to hear about your Mom.

You have your priorities right, it seems, PP....
Tho' difficult times, you are wise in taking matters day by day..
someone here once commented...
The Good Lord said..
'GIVE US ... THIS DAY ... OUR DAILY BREAD'

He didn't say anything about tomorrow or nxt week.
these things... AND.... the unfolding of life sees after itself.

Prayers and ALL good.. and sincere wishes to you... and
for your Mom.

I have a new granddaughter since Feb 2nd.......
She is like a Porcelain dolly you'd find in a glittering
Christmas Shop Window...

Need I say more

I'm in love with her:)

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34609 May 7, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
Good Morning all!
I need some advice....
I noticed a job opening at a nearby business that I am interested in. It is an Office Manager position. I stopped in yesterday and got an application. When I got home, I noticed the "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" question. I have not and the question never bothered me. However....As of January 1st, it is illegal in my state to ask this question on an application. This question may only be asked at the interview stage and beyond.
So.......do I tell the company that they are breaking the law? Do I say nothing; leaving them open to a lawsuit? Do I mention it when I turn my application in? Do I wait and say something if I get an interview? If I say something does it make me look knowledgeable about the job; or does it make me look like a know it all who picks everyone else apart?
Please give me your opinions!!!
Just my tuppence worth,
since you asked for opinions..

Under the circumstances, I'd be inclined to say ZERO...

from this angle, were you to bring their attention to this,
It 'could be ' viewed as a PUT DOWN, which might lessen your chances..

YOU know IT ISN'T a putdown, but, you don't want to
let anything come in the way of your chance of the job..
'cause they'll be many others ready to jump into your place.
Think of YOU.. It's your time..

You mentioned,
If you do not draw their attention to their obvious mistake,
you let them open to a lawsuit..

Keep your thoughts away from that and think

'Well, if that happens, that's their problem...
not mine'
They should've been on top of that,
Not YOUR fault they were not.

We all pay ... AND learn from our own mistakes!
they will be no different.

and finally,
Good Luck.

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#34610 May 7, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just my tuppence worth,
since you asked for opinions..
Under the circumstances, I'd be inclined to say ZERO...
from this angle, were you to bring their attention to this,
It 'could be ' viewed as a PUT DOWN, which might lessen your chances..
YOU know IT ISN'T a putdown, but, you don't want to
let anything come in the way of your chance of the job..
'cause they'll be many others ready to jump into your place.
Think of YOU.. It's your time..
You mentioned,
If you do not draw their attention to their obvious mistake,
you let them open to a lawsuit..
Keep your thoughts away from that and think
'Well, if that happens, that's their problem...
not mine'
They should've been on top of that,
Not YOUR fault they were not.
We all pay ... AND learn from our own mistakes!
they will be no different.
and finally,
Good Luck.
Thanks!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#34611 May 7, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
Good Morning all!
I need some advice....
I noticed a job opening at a nearby business that I am interested in. It is an Office Manager position. I stopped in yesterday and got an application. When I got home, I noticed the "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" question. I have not and the question never bothered me. However....As of January 1st, it is illegal in my state to ask this question on an application. This question may only be asked at the interview stage and beyond.
So.......do I tell the company that they are breaking the law? Do I say nothing; leaving them open to a lawsuit? Do I mention it when I turn my application in? Do I wait and say something if I get an interview? If I say something does it make me look knowledgeable about the job; or does it make me look like a know it all who picks everyone else apart?
Please give me your opinions!!!
Do you have a law degree? If not do not say a word about it if you want the job :) IMHO

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#34612 May 7, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>My gosh it's been awhile since I've been here! My mom almost died, twice, but that' wasn't the Lord's will, at the time. She's come through rehab with increased strength and ability, but her docs don't think she'll survive open heart surgery so they'll be doing some less severe surgeries instead later this week. I'm just counting every day a blessing and gonna let tomorrow worry about itself. If bad news is gonna come to me, no sense rushing into the future to greet it, and worrying is like emotionally rehearsing for loss. If it comes I'm only gonna feel it, once. The weather has been lovely and we've been SO busy, on top of everything else.
The kids with their kids have been busy working, and parenting, and their kids are a source of delight and a full heart for me. All is well.
I do pray all has been well for you and P, I think of you often. I watch your weather, lol.
So nice to see y'all, here. <3
Great to see you back and good news about your mom

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#34613 May 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a law degree? If not do not say a word about it if you want the job :) IMHO
Ok, that's two for keeping quiet! Thanks!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#34614 May 7, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Tally! I will do that. I hope you can tell me you're doing well also.
that I can ,can't be better thank you

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#34615 May 7, 2014
we don't have the law in front of us...
it could and I believe it contains sub-sections.. states some thing like the question can not be asked: if it is used to be bias
in the hiring process ......

like asking a guy if he is, an arsonist applying for a dynamite packer

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#34616 May 8, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>My gosh it's been awhile since I've been here! My mom almost died, twice, but that' wasn't the Lord's will, at the time. She's come through rehab with increased strength and ability, but her docs don't think she'll survive open heart surgery so they'll be doing some less severe surgeries instead later this week. I'm just counting every day a blessing and gonna let tomorrow worry about itself. If bad news is gonna come to me, no sense rushing into the future to greet it, and worrying is like emotionally rehearsing for loss. If it comes I'm only gonna feel it, once. The weather has been lovely and we've been SO busy, on top of everything else.
The kids with their kids have been busy working, and parenting, and their kids are a source of delight and a full heart for me. All is well.
I do pray all has been well for you and P, I think of you often. I watch your weather, lol.
So nice to see y'all, here. <3
So sorry to hear your Mom has been so very sick Paise. It's a dreadful time in
a family and she will appreciate your positive attitude at this time I am sure.
My thoughts go out to you during this coming week and prayers that your Mom
comes through as strong as before.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#34617 May 8, 2014
Survey Says wrote:
Helpful of you and thanks.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#34618 May 8, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
Good Morning all!
I need some advice....
I noticed a job opening at a nearby business that I am interested in. It is an Office Manager position. I stopped in yesterday and got an application. When I got home, I noticed the "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" question. I have not and the question never bothered me. However....As of January 1st, it is illegal in my state to ask this question on an application. This question may only be asked at the interview stage and beyond.
So.......do I tell the company that they are breaking the law? Do I say nothing; leaving them open to a lawsuit? Do I mention it when I turn my application in? Do I wait and say something if I get an interview? If I say something does it make me look knowledgeable about the job; or does it make me look like a know it all who picks everyone else apart?
Please give me your opinions!!!
Hello there,

my opinion comes a little late in the day, but here it is anyway.

I'm thinking, it could be a test. Is this applicant on the ball sufficiently to point out
to us where we are contravining the law?

Then again, it could be the application forms were printed before the law changed.

If this is a Law firm, then in your shoes, I would certainly draw their attention to it.

If not, I would let it go. Good Luck.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#34619 May 8, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yes restore to factory fresh........ this wipes the mother board clean ,
when you restart ...like a brand new ..... now your servers will remember you like topixs/e/mail etc etc as soon as you sign into to your server with your password of ole....... the malware that you have is now embedded into mother/board so factory fresh will rid you of such...... just scanning will only close it so do factory fresh........takes about 2/3 hours , at 1st seems like it is crawling but hang their ...
page saying you are violating a copyright and must pay a fine to such/such
that is a virus dear ......
thanks...

well......I cleaned it all up. You name it, yesterday I did it! And at the end of a jolly
afternoon was informed 'no proxy server'....

I'm getting good, I sorted that in no time at all and here I am. No virus I am relieved to say.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#34620 May 8, 2014
A rainy evening in Manchester
a game was played out between
Manchester City and Aston Villa
Football teams
and as the City fans sang to their
heart's content their signature tune
of BLUE MOON....
City destroyed the hopes and dreams of
Liverpool F.C winning the Premier League
on that wet May evening in Manchester last night.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#34621 May 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks...
well......I cleaned it all up. You name it, yesterday I did it! And at the end of a jolly
afternoon was informed 'no proxy server'....
I'm getting good, I sorted that in no time at all and here I am. No virus I am relieved to say.
Don't you hate computer problems :( I have a tech service I call and they take over the screen and fix the problem. It is expensive but well worth the cost in saved frustration :)I am getting a new double recliner love seat today. It is electric so it will be much easier for my wife to use. If she is happy I am happy

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#34622 May 8, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you hate computer problems :( I have a tech service I call and they take over the screen and fix the problem. It is expensive but well worth the cost in saved frustration :)I am getting a new double recliner love seat today. It is electric so it will be much easier for my wife to use. If she is happy I am happy
The ridiculous thing is, I can call the Tech Guys for free, why didn't I think of that.
I find it fascinating when they take over the screen....

We have a double recliner....I wouldn't be without it. Love seat you call it? hmmm...:)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#34623 May 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks...
well......I cleaned it all up. You name it, yesterday I did it! And at the end of a jolly
afternoon was informed 'no proxy server'....
I'm getting good, I sorted that in no time at all and here I am. No virus I am relieved to say.
hell dear El you can change proxy server any time .. in your tools , under options under advance under network ... lists your proxy options ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Bevy-of-Words 23,580
Word Association (Jun '10) 19 min Bevy-of-Words 32,247
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 37 min Concerned 2,027
True False Game (Jun '11) 45 min SweLL GirL 14,546
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 56 min SweLL GirL 32,956
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 1 hr Bevy-of-Words 5,691
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 hr Bevy-of-Words 15,797
A to Z songs by title or group! 3 hr wichita-rick 1,533
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr wichita-rick 215,189
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 8 hr Crazy Jae 3,717
More from around the web