“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#34575 May 5, 2014
haaaaaaaaaaaaa the best part is They gave the world English language.. Spanish you have to dial 1

and we [English speaking talk slow]
Krypteia

Lewes, UK

#34576 May 5, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mention mushrooms? I put mushrooms in 'most everything. I was in Lidl's last
week and noticed they are selling Venison sausages. They looked nice enough, but
I decided to pass this time.
Venison sausages are a bit strong tasting but then it is Game....I love the ones my wife gets from the farmers markets Pork and apple,pork and leek..My old rugby mates wife and brother own a farm called Coombs ,the place is mentioned in the Doomsday book,anyway he made these rabbit burgers,they were lovely,lol,

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#34577 May 5, 2014
Afternoon EL..

WOW!! Your Bakery Case is ALMOST Empty.. The Sweet Tooth Kids JAMMED your Place I see!!

Hmmmmm...think I will have a Danish and sliced apples and a Cup of Hazelnut Coffee..

And read the paper in the corner near the Bamboo Plants.

Hope ALL had FUN celebrating ms_sweeter's ROCKIN' Birthday Bash at the Night owl last night!!

I know I FREAKIN' did..;)

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#34578 May 5, 2014
I'm not ignoring anybody....but specifically needed to 'clear it between
Denny and I'......are we good now Den?

Bit scarce on the threads today as a funny thing happened this morning...
and don't laugh will ya?!

Clearing the path in the back garden earlier....and hosing it down, one
of the cats likes to 'help'...likes to be 'in' in everything, so Blue was
darting about here and there, when suddenly a little mole ran past me down
the path, followed in hot pursuit by Blue...so I instinctively grabbed the cat
and in doing, my thumb came out of joint.

And I had to make a meal for the visitors.

Imagine peeling scores of veg with a disjointed thumb! I don't know
how I did it.

Have been watching the footie...Liverpool v Crystal Palace, with my hand encased in bag of frozen peas, lol

Liverpool are winning and the mole got away...:)

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Liverpool, UK

#34579 May 6, 2014
Good Morning...

big disappointment for Liverpool, so close to winning the League.
They were in the lead at 3-1 when in the last 11 minutes Crystal
Palace scored twice

remember the player I mentioned here who had bitten another?

He went on to become Player of The Year and also the Sports Writer's
favourite player recently.

The saddest sight of the evening was him being led off the field with
his face covered by his jersey....broken hearted at having lost.

A true perfectionist.

None of which, I am sure has any interest whatsoever to anyone...:)

Wishing you a good day.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#34580 May 6, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Venison sausages are a bit strong tasting but then it is Game....I love the ones my wife gets from the farmers markets Pork and apple,pork and leek..My old rugby mates wife and brother own a farm called Coombs ,the place is mentioned in the Doomsday book,anyway he made these rabbit burgers,they were lovely,lol,
I know coombs farm. My friend is a friend of the owner :) Small world

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34581 May 6, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
how I did it.
Have been watching the footie...Liverpool v Crystal Palace, with my hand encased in bag of frozen peas, lol
El we have never been anything but good. I have no idea you said that you think might have upset me. I had the best day fishing of my life. My hunting buddy who I have not seen fo 6 months wanted to bring his boat over to my lake and for me to put my boat out. I joked with him the only reason was to pull his boat back in. I didn't really want to do it so I begged off. He called me later that night and asked me to come over and go fishing with him and his wife. I could tell he wanted to see me so I said yes. He buys and sells boats all the time so he was very proud of this great 20 foot boat he stole for $2500. He had the boat down at the coast a few days before and it worked great. It was 94 yesterday and very windy. We went a few miles across the lake and tied up to fish for crappie. He asked me to move the boat and it would not go in reverse. I tried forward and the controls were locked up. We were miles from where we launched and there was a strong wind and we had the top up which acted as a sail but we had a trolling motor which still worked. It would have taken hours to get back where we could use the trolling motor. He had tools so he tried taking the control apart with no luck. A plastic part had broken inside. There were no other boats on the lake so we were stranded. Finally he saw the broken end and got a pair of needle nose pliers to pull up om the part and we were able to get it in gear. As we got near the boat launch we decided to fish near by as we could always use the trolling motor to get in now that we were close. We fished awhile and then couldn't restart the engine so we used the trolling motor. As we were ready to pull the tralor out we tried to raise the engine and nothing worked. We pulled the boat out of the water but the scag would drag over the slightest bump and would wind up damaging the lower unit. Finally I said maybe the battery is dead. It had worked fine but now even the depth finder wouldn't work. We were desperate and he had a spare battery . The battery was only 4 years old so he didn't think that was the problem and I told him I had just replaced a 4 year old battery that went completely dead. This battery was the worse placed thing I had ever seen. You had to turn it long ways and lift the heavy thing with no room at all. after about 30 minutes we got it out and replaced the battery and the engine still would not raise. We had decided the only thing we could do is drag the thing home and if we damaged it so what. His wife asked if the master power switch was turned on. H climbed back in the boat and found he had turned off power while changing the battery and had not turned it back on. The engine came up fine. I have never worked and sweated so hard nor laughed so much at our problems. We keep saying how lucky were were that it had not happened in the ocean. It could have been much worse :) As the bard said. All is well that ends well :)

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#34582 May 6, 2014
good afternoon all , LADY EL/MADAME GRACE

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#34583 May 6, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
how I did it.
Ah El! SO sorry to hear that,
Made me cringe! PAINFUL...

Hope you are ok.

I was off gallivanting yesterday for the holiday..
Nice time... & nice weather too.

You'll probably be glad to know they are making a prequel from
BREAKING BAD, from the character 'BETTER CALL SAUL'
keeping the character who already played him>
BOB ODENKIRK..and fitted the character SO WELL...
& it might incl other embers of BB,
For one they say 'Jesse' is interested.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#34584 May 6, 2014
A happy good MAY day to all on
The thread.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#34585 May 6, 2014
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e TWOSday everybody! I am at the library and it is Tuesday afternoon. The latest on the old pc is that Matt told me not to worry about paying for it. It is not working. It tells me to download drivers or it wont work, and when I try and try and try (I really try) it wont do a thing. SOOOOOOOOOOO in a few weeks Matt is giving me a free laptop he rebuilt and we shall see. meanwhile, I had some extra time and decided to come in here. The heatwave has begun! 91 yesterday and 91 today. No rain purportedly until the end of the week. Murphy is now 110 pounds and just turned 6 months old.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#34586 May 6, 2014
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e TWOSday everybody! I am at the library and it is Tuesday afternoon. The latest on the old pc is that Matt told me not to worry about paying for it. It is not working. It tells me to download drivers or it wont work, and when I try and try and try (I really try) it wont do a thing. SOOOOOOOOOOO in a few weeks Matt is giving me a free laptop he rebuilt and we shall see. meanwhile, I had some extra time and decided to come in here. The heatwave has begun! 91 yesterday and 91 today. No rain purportedly until the end of the week. Murphy is now 110 pounds and just turned 6 months old.
94 in Dallas yesterday. Almost set a new record :)

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#34587 May 6, 2014
Vee wrote:
sorry to tell it won't either , you don't have the matching driver disc to the new mother/board
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Munith, MI

#34588 May 6, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>94 in Dallas yesterday. Almost set a new record :)
first 90's in the greenhouse today, late this year

we still have snow piles
http://www.greencastonline.com/tools/soiltemp...

Since: May 14

Bangalore, India

#34589 May 6, 2014
tallyho wrote:
haaaaaaaaaaaaa the best part is They gave the world English language.. Spanish you have to dial 1
and we [English speaking talk slow]
i git scared while cooking a chicken ,felt like it is speaking with me ..........in dream

Since: May 14

Bangalore, India

#34590 May 6, 2014
happy May day to all ......thala fans

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Liverpool, UK

#34591 May 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>El we have never been anything but good. I have no idea you said that you think might have upset me. I had the best day fishing of my life. My hunting buddy who I have not seen fo 6 months wanted to bring his boat over to my lake and for me to put my boat out. I joked with him the only reason was to pull his boat back in. I didn't really want to do it so I begged off. He called me later that night and asked me to come over and go fishing with him and his wife. I could tell he wanted to see me so I said yes. He buys and sells boats all the time so he was very proud of this great 20 foot boat he stole for $2500. He had the boat down at the coast a few days before and it worked great. It was 94 yesterday and very windy. We went a few miles across the lake and tied up to fish for crappie. He asked me to move the boat and it would not go in reverse. I tried forward and the controls were locked up. We were miles from where we launched and there was a strong wind and we had the top up which acted as a sail but we had a trolling motor which still worked. It would have taken hours to get back where we could use the trolling motor. He had tools so he tried taking the control apart with no luck. A plastic part had broken inside. There were no other boats on the lake so we were stranded. Finally he saw the broken end and got a pair of needle nose pliers to pull up om the part and we were able to get it in gear. As we got near the boat launch we decided to fish near by as we could always use the trolling motor to get in now that we were close. We fished awhile and then couldn't restart the engine so we used the trolling motor. As we were ready to pull the tralor out we tried to raise the engine and nothing worked. We pulled the boat out of the water but the scag would drag over the slightest bump and would wind up damaging the lower unit. Finally I said maybe the battery is dead. It had worked fine but now even the depth finder wouldn't work. We were desperate and he had a spare battery . The battery was only 4 years old so he didn't think that was the problem and I told him I had just replaced a 4 year old battery that went completely dead. This battery was the worse placed thing I had ever seen. You had to turn it long ways and lift the heavy thing with no room at all. after about 30 minutes we got it out and replaced the battery and the engine still would not raise. We had decided the only thing we could do is drag the thing home and if we damaged it so what. His wife asked if the master power switch was turned on. H climbed back in the boat and found he had turned off power while changing the battery and had not turned it back on. The engine came up fine. I have never worked and sweated so hard nor laughed so much at our problems. We keep saying how lucky were were that it had not happened in the ocean. It could have been much worse :) As the bard said. All is well that ends well :)
I so enjoyed hearing about this Denny...but what a night you both had. How incredibly
scary it must have been at times but had to laugh when H's wife came up with the
answer....can imagine your faces, lol.
Glad you both survived to tell the tale....:)

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Liverpool, UK

#34592 May 7, 2014
tallyho wrote:
good afternoon all , LADY EL/MADAME GRACE
Good Morning Sir Tally.....

going to pick your brain if I may..... is it an easy matter to restore a pc to factory condition iyo

I had to shut down last night when I came here, how can I explain, each time I tried
the page was taken over by other stuff...sorry if this is not very clear, a full page
takes over obscuring topix.....I should mention I have both Windows 7 and Windows 8
on my pc! I prefer W7..

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#34593 May 7, 2014
if you lay another egg go to Medical Center

if it is a brown egg go to your proctologist

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Liverpool, UK

#34594 May 7, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah El! SO sorry to hear that,
Made me cringe! PAINFUL...
Hope you are ok.
I was off gallivanting yesterday for the holiday..
Nice time... & nice weather too.
You'll probably be glad to know they are making a prequel from
BREAKING BAD, from the character 'BETTER CALL SAUL'
keeping the character who already played him>
BOB ODENKIRK..and fitted the character SO WELL...
& it might incl other embers of BB,
For one they say 'Jesse' is interested.
Well how about that...that is excellent news Grace...considering I am
approaching the finale! Each and every one of those characters are
superb in their parts....going to miss this series..
Last night's was traumatic!...(:
and thankyou..thumb all better!
Beautiful morning here in Wales....52F....ready for Summer now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min SobieskiSavedEurope 131,786
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 4 min Old Sam 4,100
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Word by Word 25,485
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 6 min Cyan in CA 1,754
True or False Game 8 min Old Sam 1,242
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 9 min Old Sam 26,670
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 10 min Old Sam 3,961
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min Crazy Beautiful 152,347
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr -Lea- 70
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Life after Love 513
More from around the web