El's Kitchen

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#33710 Mar 26, 2014
Foghorn Leghorn wrote:
so how do those in GB feel about BP? lately?
Is there an oil spill incident over there now?

#33711 Mar 26, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
hey Luke,ya think Halabruton can get a grant for killing lamprey in the great lakes
Haliburton can pretty much get what they want, can't they??

hmmmm, what an "interesting" proposition.

#33712 Mar 26, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
hey Luke,ya think Halabruton can get a grant for killing lamprey in the great lakes
I guess I had better get up to speed about the current status of lamprey [and alewives for that matter] in HOMES (used in crossword puzzles).

But that would be tomorrow or later.

For now --

Golden slumbers, each and every one.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#33713 Mar 26, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Haliburton can pretty much get what they want, can't they??
hmmmm, what an "interesting" proposition.
they should hire me
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#33714 Mar 26, 2014

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#33715 Mar 26, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Dear Rose, so good to see you. Well that's wonderful that everything is coming up
roses and has survived the EVP! I have just come in from the garden, it is a mass of
colour, mostlyn yellows and blues, daffodils galore, muscari, primroses. oh and I discovered
two red primroses today, that was a nice surprise. The Astilbe have started to shoot up....
I read the link...it is so painful to read of our respective history....while we personally cannot
shoulder any blame, we just wish things had been so different.
It is a good thing that it has all come out.
On your ancestry..have you been able to trace far back?
I send all my best wishes to you ...<3
Gvgeyu!
Hi again Lady Eleanor...
Your garden sounds as beautiful as ever and I know by summer it will be a tiny piece of heaven on earth... My Daffodil's are about three inches out of the ground now so in a few more weeks they should be blooming.. We are having crazy weather... Luke and Paisley can back me up on this...
:o)
I plan on doing some transplanting of my roses this year.. the ones in the rear of the yard need more sunshine and those dang Gum trees aren't getting any shorter...hahaha
I am going to do a cresent shape plot with hostas between the roses and Glads behind them...
Now about my ancestry... I can go way back on my Fathers side and it seems My Great Great Grandma was a Full Blood Blackfoot and on my Mothers side My Great Grandmother was Half Cherokee...
My distant relatives on my fathers side were Slave owners in Virginia.... I found some wills that contained the names of Slaves that were bequeathed...
Slavery has existed throughout history as Man has used Man to further their ambitions...
Even before the slaves of Egypt there were subjugated people and I am pretty sure it was world wide...
Even now we are all subjugated albeit to a much lesser extent... No one is free in society..
We are taxed on our work, our vehicles, our groceries, our possessions, our land and subject to laws written by people we have no knowledge of...
Masters whips have been traded for Fines and Jail time but they are still whips... The racial slur Cracker is a reference to the sound a whip makes and the person who used the whip is the Cracker...
No matter what period of time slavery took place or who was involved it was wrong then and it's wrong now...
On a much lighter note The Pack are all doing very well and they are still keeping me laughing and happy to have them.. Miss Josie Wails has grown to be a truly beautiful German Shepherd... and she is a huge love bug... My Little Man Chico is starting to show his age some now.. He's 9 years old and very much a Mamas boy.. his favorite place to nap is in my lap...
I hope that this post will find you feeling good and having fun... Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33716 Mar 27, 2014
thank you for showing who the better person is .....

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33717 Mar 27, 2014
thank you again the childish icons even make it better
thanks for the enhancement

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#33718 Mar 27, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Great to have you back. Now don't make me send the dogs after you :)
lol
ok I promise.
;)

Location hidden

#33719 Mar 27, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Gracious good evening, PFfff!
SO very glad to read you here. Because of bad/sad news in N.J. of recent past, I have been ..... concerned.
Good luck regarding your house sale and what comes next.
And that's the truth << "raspberry"/Bronx cheer >> [remember Edith Ann in the giant rocking chair? just nod if you do]
:]]
awww TY Luke for ur concern, but u know by now im a survivor, afterall im still posting on topix. lol
and ur right, its been a horrible winter, but for me, more so because of a health issue I've been dealing with for awhile now. but it did get the wheels turning for retirement, cause lifes short and getting shorter all the time, so we asked, what were we waiting for...?
im excited and scared at the same time about retiring, but I am determined to live out my fantasy .....
I can picture myself 5 yrs from now, on the beach with my big floppy hat, that nice deep tan and wrinkled prune body, lol, with a beer (or in my good girl story a soda instead) sitting and watching the ocean roll in and out and hubby and i talking about - nothing important.
and then one day, when I have the time, lol, I mosey on over to El's Kitchen and say - Howdy People - ain't life grand - its just another day in Paradise..
lol

:))

have a great weekend Guys and Bora Da!

Location hidden

#33720 Mar 27, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Gracious good evening, PFfff!
SO very glad to read you here. Because of bad/sad news in N.J. of recent past, I have been ..... concerned.
Good luck regarding your house sale and what comes next.
And that's the truth << "raspberry"/Bronx cheer >> [remember Edith Ann in the giant rocking chair? just nod if you do]
:]]
oh Luke
see CONGRATS is in order for Pop Pop!

hope for twins?? lol
:)

“July 2016”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33721 Mar 27, 2014
Foghorn Leghorn wrote:
so how do those in GB feel about BP? lately?
My own feelings are one of abhorrence about any disregard/damage to the environment.
No matter who is responsible.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33722 Mar 27, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
oh Luke
see CONGRATS is in order for Pop Pop!
hope for twins?? lol
:)
Good morning PF :) How are you this fine morning? See what good things El has for us in the kitchen this morning

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#33723 Mar 27, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
awww TY Luke for ur concern, but u know by now im a survivor, afterall im still posting on topix. lol
and ur right, its been a horrible winter, but for me, more so because of a health issue I've been dealing with for awhile now. but it did get the wheels turning for retirement, cause lifes short and getting shorter all the time, so we asked, what were we waiting for...?
im excited and scared at the same time about retiring, but I am determined to live out my fantasy .....
I can picture myself 5 yrs from now, on the beach with my big floppy hat, that nice deep tan and wrinkled prune body, lol, with a beer (or in my good girl story a soda instead) sitting and watching the ocean roll in and out and hubby and i talking about - nothing important.
and then one day, when I have the time, lol, I mosey on over to El's Kitchen and say - Howdy People - ain't life grand - its just another day in Paradise..
lol
:))
have a great weekend Guys and Bora Da!
You go for it PFfff.....those were precisely my own thoughts when P was given a hard time
at his job some years ago...he retired prematurely and we settled for less.....it's a good
move and you won't regret it for a minute I am sure.
'Course our plans went slightly skoo whiff when I started to rescue abused animals,
but the novelty of having little to occupy my tiny mind had worn off by then, lol
Pob lwc in selling the house.....and hey...don't you forget to come by d'ya hear me girl!...:)
Bora Da a chi cariad.

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#33724 Mar 27, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning PF :) How are you this fine morning? See what good things El has for us in the kitchen this morning
Just the man I am looking for.'Morning Denny. Have you any idea as to whether Netflix
can be downloaded to tv? Or is it for pcs only? Your advice would be appreciated.
Meanwhile....can I get you some breakfast......full English do ya?

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#33725 Mar 27, 2014
tallyho wrote:
thank you again the childish icons even make it better
thanks for the enhancement
'Morning Sir Tally....oh, just ignore them, as you say, childish.
More importantly, I got a 'new' marmalade yesterday at Waitrose,
Wilkin's Orange and Tangerine.....really nice, I think you would
like it.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33726 Mar 27, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the man I am looking for.'Morning Denny. Have you any idea as to whether Netflix
can be downloaded to tv? Or is it for pcs only? Your advice would be appreciated.
Meanwhile....can I get you some breakfast......full English do ya?
LOL My problem is just the opposite. I have a smart TV so I get netflics but I have never tried to get it on my computer

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#33727 Mar 27, 2014
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi again Lady Eleanor...
Your garden sounds as beautiful as ever and I know by summer it will be a tiny piece of heaven on earth... My Daffodil's are about three inches out of the ground now so in a few more weeks they should be blooming.. We are having crazy weather... Luke and Paisley can back me up on this...
:o)
I plan on doing some transplanting of my roses this year.. the ones in the rear of the yard need more sunshine and those dang Gum trees aren't getting any shorter...hahaha
I am going to do a cresent shape plot with hostas between the roses and Glads behind them...
Now about my ancestry... I can go way back on my Fathers side and it seems My Great Great Grandma was a Full Blood Blackfoot and on my Mothers side My Great Grandmother was Half Cherokee...
My distant relatives on my fathers side were Slave owners in Virginia.... I found some wills that contained the names of Slaves that were bequeathed...
Slavery has existed throughout history as Man has used Man to further their ambitions...
Even before the slaves of Egypt there were subjugated people and I am pretty sure it was world wide...
Even now we are all subjugated albeit to a much lesser extent... No one is free in society..
We are taxed on our work, our vehicles, our groceries, our possessions, our land and subject to laws written by people we have no knowledge of...
Masters whips have been traded for Fines and Jail time but they are still whips... The racial slur Cracker is a reference to the sound a whip makes and the person who used the whip is the Cracker...
No matter what period of time slavery took place or who was involved it was wrong then and it's wrong now...
On a much lighter note The Pack are all doing very well and they are still keeping me laughing and happy to have them.. Miss Josie Wails has grown to be a truly beautiful German Shepherd... and she is a huge love bug... My Little Man Chico is starting to show his age some now.. He's 9 years old and very much a Mamas boy.. his favorite place to nap is in my lap...
I hope that this post will find you feeling good and having fun... Sending You and Yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Hello there Dear Rose...
that was precisely why I moved four of my roses..now they are in full sun all day (when we
get it that is) and have come on a treat. Loads of new growth..I really must mulch around
them. The Muscari are now in full bloom growing in front of them, these will die back as
the roses start to bud..
You have a treat in store in a few weeks when the Daffs bloom.
Love your plans for the new plot...that should be a wonderful association of plants, you and I think very much alike on our idea of gardens.
Incredibly interesting on your genealogy...thanks so much for sharing.
I realised my worst nightmare when I learnt that a distant ancestor of mine on my maternal side
owned a plantation in GA. I have a copy of his Will in which he provides for two of his slaves,
dear me, it sticks in the throat, but shows a consideration towards them.
I was invited to the Highland games held in his honour by the town which he founded and
which was named for him.
Not my scene actually....but a nice gesture.
The Pride send their love to the Pack.....
Our Dai Bach (born in September 1996) particularly wants to be remembered to Chico...:)
Best to you my friend...
{{{HUGS}}}

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#33728 Mar 27, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>LOL My problem is just the opposite. I have a smart TV so I get netflics but I have never tried to get it on my computer
Brilliant. It works on the tv, that's excellent. I am in a quandary as to whether to download
from Netflix or buy the dvd....my personal tv is a great set, don't want to waste a good
series by watching on a pc.

“July 2016”

Liverpool, UK

#33729 Mar 27, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
{{{Cuz El }}} good show; in reality, that's all that matters.:)
history for today -- 25 March
1911 – The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire (pictured) in New York City killed more than 140 sweatshop workers, many of whom could not escape because the doors to the stairwells and exits had been locked.
pivotal in New York City and state labor/safety/working conditions laws
Steps had to be taken to ensure safety of defendants by sheriff and National Guard to repel mob vigilante justice (i.e., lynching)
1931 – The Scottsboro Boys were arrested and charged [DW: in Alabama] with rape, leading to a legal case that eventually established legal principles in the United States that criminal defendants are entitled to effective assistance of counsel.
Excellent documentaries for each PBS American Experience
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American...
1972 -- my oldest daughter was born (the one that's already mommy of 5)
An amazing link...t/y {{{Cuz Luke}}}....
I remember reading, and being horrified, by the Triangle Shirtwaste Factory tragedy,
at least steps were taken to improve working and safety conditions. Plowing through
many of the other links. I really must keep an eye on PBS.
Bora Da Cariad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 6 min razz58 199
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 24 min grace-fallen 32,697
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 28 min Blitzking 201,739
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 34 min Princess Hey 3,698
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 44 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 19,883
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 59,581
One Word (Jan '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 16,647
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 194,688
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 146,092
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr beatlesinthebog 7,892
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 2 hr Lucy the Worst 8,538
More from around the web