“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33551 Mar 20, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's glorious to see the daffodils,
I plucked a few road side ones in
full bloom late the other night when dog walking,
But Karma soon caught up with my theft:)
Later, when I put them in a vase,
They began to irritate my nose, something like hay fever!!
See! can't get away with anything:)
I agree Tally, with trolls gone mad on Topix-
With all respect
'Pale Wild Wood Flower' with disjointed and unconnected posts,
Is, unfortunately, more like
'Pale Wild Wood Weed' spreading outta control!
Aw yerGrace ... re: irritant for shame.
Road-side posies oughta be fair game!

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33552 Mar 20, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for this info DW,
I must watch out for MAD MEN,
Upon your recommendation.
I felt the same, oddly enuf'
About THE BORJAS,
Couldn't kind of get into it..
My eldest son recommends THE WIRE, adding
(in a*his* opinion) it even tops BREAKING BAD..
but a lot is down to personal opinion too,
I'm sure you'll agree.
And ere I forget .... The Sopranos, another HBO production, was another *highly* acclaimed series.

I've not seen that one either. Don't know if I ever will.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33553 Mar 20, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, that is a winner and I shall try that. The bitter core ... yech!
You don't "right" cryptic, you 'right' creative!
Pealing BELL sprouts, rite?! ;)
glad you pay attention now we know who uses right for all of those other ids

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33554 Mar 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Family History being one my huge interests.....I really appreciate your divulging of
yours....I did some research some years ago about the Appalachian folk, triggered
by a post on offbeat, possibly here, I remember being totally enthralled by what
I learnt.
Hope your dad went on to live a comfortable life after his terrible war experiences.
Are you warmer today ... outside and inside (central heating)? Pray tell, I hope so Cuz El !!

{{{ Thanks }}} and Aye; relatively speaking it was a "minor" lower leg wound ... not near critical enough for limb loss and it was only a bother in his senior years. He was a robust fellow for much of my life.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33555 Mar 20, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
glad you pay attention now we know who uses right for all of those other ids
This is old ground covered around Christmas whilst we were experiencing convivial holiday spirit, in which I replied to you:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...
******You are possibly confusing franko with me. I'm "always" looking up stuff. I was trained for that.
I am franko. I am PFffff. I am SLACK.
Because you've even accused Grace (at least once) of using other ids:
"if you correct one mistake correct them all ... no matter which id you use and trust me I passed over many of your misspellings ...... and instead of trying to bring me down try to bring yourself up and above"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ ...
I am Grace.
I am Batman.*******

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33556 Mar 20, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good afternoon/evening Kitchen-eers.... Happy Spring Equinox!
And there's much more Spring feeling to this day than 'twas yesterday!
Vernal ! That's the word ....

20 March was United Nations' Worlds Happiest Day. There's a batch of YouTube and other vids of folk all over the earth being happy in celebration.

Yeah, knowing ... suffering and bad times are unavoidable for war/conflict torn countries.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33557 Mar 20, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
This is old ground covered around Christmas whilst we were experiencing convivial holiday spirit, in which I replied to you:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...
******You are possibly confusing franko with me. I'm "always" looking up stuff. I was trained for that.
I am franko. I am PFffff. I am SLACK.
Because you've even accused Grace (at least once) of using other ids:
"if you correct one mistake correct them all ... no matter which id you use and trust me I passed over many of your misspellings ...... and instead of trying to bring me down try to bring yourself up and above"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ ...
I am Grace.
I am Batman.*******


you are not a good reader, I commented on your observation of right by another poster...who uses right for write , know it becomes complicated for ya . but

show me once again where I accused Grace of using another id ..

other -wise !!!!!!!!!!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33558 Mar 20, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
This is old ground covered around Christmas whilst we were experiencing convivial holiday spirit, in which I replied to you:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...
******You are possibly confusing franko with me. I'm "always" looking up stuff. I was trained for that.
I am franko. I am PFffff. I am SLACK.
Because you've even accused Grace (at least once) of using other ids:
"if you correct one mistake correct them all ... no matter which id you use and trust me I passed over many of your misspellings ...... and instead of trying to bring me down try to bring yourself up and above"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ ...
I am Grace.
I am Batman.*******
you forgot azz .......... how long are you going to cry

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33559 Mar 21, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm delighted you got into it El,
It is indeed... genius writing... the ideas there are in it and how they
connect, he didn't miss a thing!
The whole example of>
If you get yourself into the drug scene, there are such
devastating consequences,
better it is than ANY REHAB effects could produce (I think)
AND
Impeccably played ( as you said ..El,
By Bryan and Jesse,
and his wife SKYLER too and their son..
A great .. It would seem, hand picked cast.
Enjoy the rest.
Great we're watching it together.
'Morning Grace......lovely day here in Wales.
Yes, madly into it, lol, and can see why you
stayed up so late to see what transpired next.
Normally I read before going to sleep, last
nighjt I caught another episode of BB....THEN
read a chapter of the book I am reading....
which happens to be written by the late Dirk Bogarde..
with a head full of this and that, slept fitfully...:)

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33560 Mar 21, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you warmer today ... outside and inside (central heating)? Pray tell, I hope so Cuz El !!
{{{ Thanks }}} and Aye; relatively speaking it was a "minor" lower leg wound ... not near critical enough for limb loss and it was only a bother in his senior years. He was a robust fellow for much of my life.
'Morning Cuz Luke....am glad to hear your father went on to lead a normal life,
one of my uncles came back from Dunkirk in bad shape....plus...his wife, mother
of his three sons, had left him, and left him for an American soldier.
She was terribly glamorous and I thought she was Veronica Lake!
A happy ending there too, as my cousins went on to do very well in life, as did my
uncle, who re-married and had three more sons.
Oh, much warmer today, thanks, Thursday the plumber attempted a temporary 'fix'
but to no avail, yesterday afternoon the electrician came and diagnosed the outside
heat sensor had 'gone', he replaced it and we were back to normal yesterday evening.
The electrician is the nicest young man you could wish to meet.....he is courteous,
well spoken, and extremely handsome, he is also a Manchester United supporter,
and yesterday he was a happy guy. Manchester United had a fine game the previous
night, the Manager's career with Man U depended upon it.
I found a photo of P's dad in the Manchester United team for which he played, in the
original strip, which is white with a red 'V'...he was quite thrilled to see it, asked P a lot
of questions....nice when the young show interest.

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33561 Mar 21, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
Good afternoon Lady El ... Happy Spring ... Been in the 80's last couple of days ... the trees are back in bloom and the plants and flowers are beautiful ... Hope you, P and the kittens are well and in good spirits ... Enjoy your day! Love and arms around you! FC <3 ...
Happy Spring Equinox to you too, and Good Morning to ya....
it's a lovely time of the year don't you think Flower.....although
some folk have all the luck with the temps...lol...sounds
like our Summer to me.
Masses of Daffodils everywhere here, it all looks so cheerful...
it's good to see you here {{{Flower}}}....>3

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33562 Mar 21, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
glad you pay attention now we know who uses right for all of those other ids
WHO?

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33563 Mar 21, 2014
tallyho wrote:
at 12 plus today officially Spring , guess mother Nature forgot to fast forward ... because apprx the same time today we are getting snow
good morning LADY EL&MADAME GRACE
topixs is a shambles now , kinda sad indeed
'Morning Sir Tally....
Still getting snow.....that's ridiculous...although casting my mind back I remember
snow in June one time. Still no snow here....don't think it is going to happen this year.
Still some places where we can have a decent conversation on topix...I like to think
the Kitchen is one of 'em!

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33564 Mar 21, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Grace I am watching Usual Suspects. It is one of my favorite old movies. Kevin Spacey. You must watch it if you have not seen it. About a con where nothing you think is really true
'Morning Denny...butting in, hope you don't mind....
Along with the actor Grace speaks of, the late Pete Postlethwaite OBE
born in Lancashire, England, is also in Usual Suspects.
A little story about him.
Steven Spielberg once said of him 'He is the best actor in the world'

to which Peter Postlethwaite said 'I think what Steven Spielberg meant to say was
'Pete Postlethwaite THINKS he is the best actor in the world'.

Wonderful in 'Brassed Off' if you didn't see it, do give it a go.

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33565 Mar 21, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>not the tall core that they grow off of but the center of the head, like cabbage it is bitter,loose leaves,just to clarify my cryptic "righting "
LOL! You had me going for a bit there LIM (G'Morning)

Lost In Translation is what it is.

It just reminds me of when I asked for Courgettes in the green grocers,
of course they are called Zuccini over there.
Then when I got back to England, I asked for Zuccini...the greengrocer
looked at me like I was mad! hahaha

In the process of checking out LED bulbs for use in the home....the others
are being phased out over here.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33566 Mar 21, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Denny...butting in, hope you don't mind....
Along with the actor Grace speaks of, the late Pete Postlethwaite OBE
born in Lancashire, England, is also in Usual Suspects.
A little story about him.
Steven Spielberg once said of him 'He is the best actor in the world'
to which Peter Postlethwaite said 'I think what Steven Spielberg meant to say was
'Pete Postlethwaite THINKS he is the best actor in the world'.
Wonderful in 'Brassed Off' if you didn't see it, do give it a go.
Good morning El. I need to look him up? It can snow in August in England. I have never seen a place where you can have spring summer fall and winter all in the same day :)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33567 Mar 21, 2014
good morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE ... my poor gal got lots of snow , we didn't .. but cold . don't mind snow hate the cold

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#33568 Mar 21, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Grace......lovely day here in Wales.
Yes, madly into it, lol, and can see why you
stayed up so late to see what transpired next.
Normally I read before going to sleep, last
nighjt I caught another episode of BB....THEN
read a chapter of the book I am reading....
which happens to be written by the late Dirk Bogarde..
with a head full of this and that, slept fitfully...:)
Lol to that yes,
It is certainly addictive, as Oddie said it can be funny in parts,
Like the scene when Walter stripped to his underpants when 'cooking'
(See!! I'm getting in on the actual terms Lol)

Then other parts can be heart wrenching
and perfectly highlights the guilt Walter feels
When confronted with the pure innocence
Of his wife and disabled son.
Really really brilliant stuff

El, you might find this interesting>

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s166/breakin...

******

New baby is coming on a treat,
A real doll in a box, fat face & big black eyes.
I LOVE her dearly.

*****

I SURE hope there will be some sort of closure
soon re the missing plane..

My heart truly goes out to the families
of those missing,
and how long drawn out all this has become..
which is no one's fault really-

Yet everyone is suffering.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Durand, MI

#33569 Mar 21, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
This is old ground covered around Christmas whilst we were experiencing convivial holiday spirit, in which I replied to you:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...
******You are possibly confusing franko with me. I'm "always" looking up stuff. I was trained for that.
I am franko. I am PFffff. I am SLACK.
Because you've even accused Grace (at least once) of using other ids:
"if you correct one mistake correct them all ... no matter which id you use and trust me I passed over many of your misspellings ...... and instead of trying to bring me down try to bring yourself up and above"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ ...
I am Grace.
I am Batman.*******
I am the egg man
I am the walrus
co co ca chew
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Durand, MI

#33570 Mar 21, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>

In the process of checking out LED bulbs for use in the home....the others
are being phased out over here.
check ebay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things you say while driving (Mar '14) 5 min Dr Wu 584
1000 lashes for blogging 7 min Dr Wu 19
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 8 min _FLATLINE-------- 784
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min Imma Stocker 28,795
Word Association (Mar '10) 25 min Nobody 2 Special 16,416
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 25 min Nobody 2 Special 8,874
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 32 min Nobody 2 Special 5,606
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 49 min Naturally Wired 155,451
Why do YOU get on Topix? 50 min Chilli J 44
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 50 min SLY WEST 3,686
More from around the web