El's Kitchen
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#33528 Mar 19, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong....or weak?
Hope those seedlings survive....what are you growing?
a bit on the strong side

heated garage, led lights

the seedlings are culled down to manageable numbers and staggered starts weekly

danyelle, romaine, buttercrunch lettuce
swiss char, Kale, arugula, snowpeas
catnip, thyme, sage, rosemary basil

just starting sweet and hot peppers, tomatoes

new this year for me lotus water lilies, I got the seeds from Thailand, not sure what to expect

eggplant and beansprouts soon to start
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#33529 Mar 19, 2014
not bean, brussel sprouts

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33530 Mar 19, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I am SO enjoying this series, it is indeed the Bomb...it's quite amazing, the
acting is superb and the plot way out, I'm really lovin' it! Can't wait to watch the
next episode...:)
You too oddie....have a good one.
You won't believe how fantastic the end is. I caught up on 5 years as quick as I could. I m just about finished with a House of Cards. Very inside politics at the highest level

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33531 Mar 19, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>a bit on the strong side
heated garage, led lights
the seedlings are culled down to manageable numbers and staggered starts weekly
danyelle, romaine, buttercrunch lettuce
swiss char, Kale, arugula, snowpeas
catnip, thyme, sage, rosemary basil
just starting sweet and hot peppers, tomatoes
new this year for me lotus water lilies, I got the seeds from Thailand, not sure what to expect
eggplant and beansprouts soon to start
I'm tempted to ask you if this is on a commercial basis, but that would be a little
too personal. In any case, something tells me for personal use. It is so
impressive a range, and you have inspired me to make a start with at least some
herbs, and tomatoes, I might try potatoes again.
I like to grow mint..and sage, all types of mint.
Those Lotus Water lilies are so beautiful, hope yours do not disappoint.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33532 Mar 19, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>You won't believe how fantastic the end is. I caught up on 5 years as quick as I could. I m just about finished with a House of Cards. Very inside politics at the highest level
I am catching a couple of hours every evening, P will not watch movies..(: and for some
reason he has the impression that Breaking Bad is political, I haven't corrected him..:)
so get to watch this all on my ownsome! I had a bit of a glitch with my dvd player and
under the circs had to sort it out myself, not too tech minded, managed it however, and
am now well into it, I hope to catch an hour or so after the match tonight, YEEHAW!
Bitterly cold here today, and a cold front coming in at weekend...brrrrrr..good excuse to stay home.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33533 Mar 19, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
not bean, brussel sprouts
I couldn't see you growing beansprouts.. I love Brussel sprouts, not too many do.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#33534 Mar 19, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm tempted to ask you if this is on a commercial basis, but that would be a little
too personal. In any case, something tells me for personal use. It is so
impressive a range, and you have inspired me to make a start with at least some
herbs, and tomatoes, I might try potatoes again.
I like to grow mint..and sage, all types of mint.
Those Lotus Water lilies are so beautiful, hope yours do not disappoint.
I do a lot of bartering, road side stand with honor box, its more like a hobby that pays for itsel

local grocer likes buying/trading with his customers, it is hard to grow a steak
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#33535 Mar 19, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't see you growing beansprouts.. I love Brussel sprouts, not too many do.
try this, peal the leaves off from the bitter core(it goes in the compost) blanch in salt water cool in ice water, butter and garlic with black pepper lightly tossed in a hot pan

YUMMY

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33536 Mar 20, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>I do a lot of bartering, road side stand with honor box, its more like a hobby that pays for itsel
local grocer likes buying/trading with his customers, it is hard to grow a steak
An added bonus, no overheads. I buy my eggs from a lady down the road
and pay in the same manner, in the honour box, I know what she feeds the chickens
and they have free range of the grounds, good on you anyway and here is hoping for
a good season.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33537 Mar 20, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>try this, peal the leaves off from the bitter core(it goes in the compost) blanch in salt water cool in ice water, butter and garlic with black pepper lightly tossed in a hot pan
YUMMY
Would give this a go but unable to buy sprouts on the core locally.....if I see them
anywhere I will give it a go. t/y

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33538 Mar 20, 2014
'Morning 'ALL'.......:)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33539 Mar 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
'Morning 'ALL'.......:)
Good morning El and all who come to this friendly kitchen. Just a couple of weeks tiI will be in England :)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33540 Mar 20, 2014
at 12 plus today officially Spring , guess mother Nature forgot to fast forward ... because apprx the same time today we are getting snow
good morning LADY EL&MADAME GRACE

topixs is a shambles now , kinda sad indeed
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#33541 Mar 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Would give this a go but unable to buy sprouts on the core locally.....if I see them
anywhere I will give it a go. t/y
not the tall core that they grow off of but the center of the head, like cabbage it is bitter,loose leaves,just to clarify my cryptic "righting "

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33542 Mar 20, 2014
tallyho wrote:
at 12 plus today officially Spring , guess mother Nature forgot to fast forward ... because apprx the same time today we are getting snow
good morning LADY EL&MADAME GRACE
topixs is a shambles now , kinda sad indeed
It's glorious to see the daffodils,
I plucked a few road side ones in
full bloom late the other night when dog walking,
But Karma soon caught up with my theft:)

Later, when I put them in a vase,
They began to irritate my nose, something like hay fever!!
See! can't get away with anything:)

I agree Tally, with trolls gone mad on Topix-

With all respect
'Pale Wild Wood Flower' with disjointed and unconnected posts,
Is, unfortunately, more like

'Pale Wild Wood Weed' spreading outta control!

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33543 Mar 20, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>I do a lot of bartering, road side stand with honor box, its more like a hobby that pays for itsel
local grocer likes buying/trading with his customers, it is hard to grow a steak
Great stuff, fair play!

'A whole lotta cook in' go in' on:)'

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33544 Mar 20, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>G morning Grace. The other day I was getting my oil changed and there was a guy about 10 years older than me and he had a cap on that said Vietnam Vet and he was talking to a black guy about 35 who had served in the first gulf war. I started talking with the old guy who was a tanker pilot and I told him some of the place I was at in Vietnam. His car got finished and I shook hands with him and he started to walk away and the black guy said Sir and the old guy turned around and the black guy threw him a salute and turned to me and threw me a saluted and I returned it and tears came to my eyes. I lost to many friends I went to school with in tat war :(
Such a lovely and moving post-

KUDOS Denny.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33545 Mar 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Grace, Paise, Sir Tally, Denny, DW, LIM, Melody_E,
Oddie, and all who visit the Kitchen.
St. Patrick's Day was unobserved here abouts, sadly, but I watched
some wonderful videos of the celebrations elsewhere, particularly
NYC who surpassed themselves with the show of bands, fire-fighters
vehicles, and troupes of dancers, it was all so well organised and I
would have loved to be there to see it first hand. It occurred to me
whilst watching, that many of those Irish folk taking part would have
loved to feel the olde sod under their feet, whilst I would have preferred
the cold hard concrete of the vibrant City......funny old world.
Hope everyone enjoyed the day.
Denny, Grace, Oddie, you were so right about Breaking Bad....I am
truly hooked. Long way to go as still watching Series 1.....but it
certainly holds the interest.....Grace I believe you mentioned JESSE and BRIAN in partic....WOW...unbelievable acting, quite amazing.
Joining DW in congratulating Ireland on their superb win in the Six Nations
Rugby.
Manchester United are playing tonight, got to stick by them, they are
going through a rough patch, this will soon pass and like the Phoenix
they will rise again from the ashes!....:)
I'm delighted you got into it El,
It is indeed... genius writing... the ideas there are in it and how they
connect, he didn't miss a thing!

The whole example of>
If you get yourself into the drug scene, there are such
devastating consequences,
better it is than ANY REHAB effects could produce (I think)

AND
Impeccably played ( as you said ..El,
By Bryan and Jesse,
and his wife SKYLER too and their son..
A great .. It would seem, hand picked cast.

Enjoy the rest.

Great we're watching it together.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33546 Mar 20, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a lovely and moving post-
KUDOS Denny.
Grace I am watching Usual Suspects. It is one of my favorite old movies. Kevin Spacey. You must watch it if you have not seen it. About a con where nothing you think is really true

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33547 Mar 20, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Grace I am watching Usual Suspects. It is one of my favorite old movies. Kevin Spacey. You must watch it if you have not seen it. About a con where nothing you think is really true
I think I saw it..
And, as I remember wasn't GABRIEL BYRNE
the Irish actor in it too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 3 min Time Served 1,555
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 3 min andet1987 5,222
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 4 min andet1987 4,774
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 4 min Judy 123 62,900
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 min andet1987 25,412
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 8 min andet1987 12,107
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 9 min RachelsGonnaRach 9,500
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Zarabee 231,440
I Like..... (Mar '14) 4 hr North Mountain 2,089