El's Kitchen
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#33507 Mar 18, 2014
tallyho wrote:
damn good morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE
the three trolls are running amuck ... sad a few enjoy the pleasure of others to be so disruptive
there are three of ya?
no name

Castroville, TX

#33508 Mar 18, 2014
it hurts to not see sunshine doesn't it

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#33509 Mar 18, 2014
Good morning/tea-time Kitchen-eers!

Grace: I forgot to give you a nod regarding Ireland taking the union rugby Six Nations champeenship.

Cuz El: You, Mr. P, and me need to go to a motorcar auction in April.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/duo-stunning-jagu...

To get everybody sort of up-to-speed :)

http://news.yahoo.com/catching-everyone-game-... --

And incredibly,'just in the nick of time':
http://news.yahoo.com/major-discovery-smoking... -
incredible-big-bang-145912987. html

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33510 Mar 18, 2014
Quiet around here,
I bet El is doing the feather dusting. Lol

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33511 Mar 18, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
My vers-ed cailín : I only know that reviews I've heard and read corresponds with praise expressed here by our fellow posters and your own viewing of the American House of Cards.
That holds true for the same superlative praise for Breaking Bad. And I might add ...
another American cable TV series with rave reviews and finishing up its 7 season run is Mad Men.
I very possibly won't see these three series.
But I do commit time and money budget to keeping up with the disc sets of Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire. Also I have the 2-season set of Rome, and the 3-season set of Deadwood.
All entertain, though it's almost comparing apples to oranges to grapefruit to bananas [or something]. Out of these series, I'd rank expansive story value/enjoyment: 1 - Game of Thrones; close 2nd - Boardwalk Empire; 3 - Deadwood; 4 - Rome.
I have the first season of The Borjas, but no commitment to keep up.
Thanks for this info DW,
I must watch out for MAD MEN,
Upon your recommendation.

I felt the same, oddly enuf'
About THE BORJAS,
Couldn't kind of get into it..

My eldest son recommends THE WIRE, adding
(in a*his* opinion) it even tops BREAKING BAD..

but a lot is down to personal opinion too,
I'm sure you'll agree.
no name

Castroville, TX

#33512 Mar 18, 2014
their is no way you married Victoria wright ... I watched here burial.... read her from a hundred miles away... I saw and heard and felt everything that happened to her.. she was only 16 sir we were in Sabinal that day at the county fair... I drove you there. you were with me.. I watched you the whole time to make shure you got home fine........ now call nothing again..... I am at the ranch

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#33513 Mar 18, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for this info DW,
I must watch out for MAD MEN,
Upon your recommendation.
I felt the same, oddly enuf'
About THE BORJAS,
Couldn't kind of get into it..
My eldest son recommends THE WIRE, adding
(in a*his* opinion) it even tops BREAKING BAD..
but a lot is down to personal opinion too,
I'm sure you'll agree.
THE WIRE ... doh, that indeed get much, much, much praise for a quality program. Didn't see that one either.

Thank you, although shows I "talk up" that I haven't seen but pass along "buzz" to reinforce the recommendations of our fellow posters who have seen, or are watching them currently -- my recommendations are hollow in comparison.

Yup, a lot goes to personal likes/dislikes.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#33514 Mar 18, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Quiet around here,
needed the yellow lenses this morning, full sun and snow cover

covered the compost piles in chicken wire and clear plastic after scraping off the snow, it wont be long, good thing cuz I got nearly a 1000 seedlings already started
no name

Castroville, TX

#33515 Mar 18, 2014
I don't want scott ........

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33517 Mar 18, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Quiet around here,
G morning Grace. The other day I was getting my oil changed and there was a guy about 10 years older than me and he had a cap on that said Vietnam Vet and he was talking to a black guy about 35 who had served in the first gulf war. I started talking with the old guy who was a tanker pilot and I told him some of the place I was at in Vietnam. His car got finished and I shook hands with him and he started to walk away and the black guy said Sir and the old guy turned around and the black guy threw him a salute and turned to me and threw me a saluted and I returned it and tears came to my eyes. I lost to many friends I went to school with in tat war :(

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33518 Mar 19, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>G morning Grace. The other day I was getting my oil changed and there was a guy about 10 years older than me and he had a cap on that said Vietnam Vet and he was talking to a black guy about 35 who had served in the first gulf war. I started talking with the old guy who was a tanker pilot and I told him some of the place I was at in Vietnam. His car got finished and I shook hands with him and he started to walk away and the black guy said Sir and the old guy turned around and the black guy threw him a salute and turned to me and threw me a saluted and I returned it and tears came to my eyes. I lost to many friends I went to school with in tat war :(
That would have been a magical moment Denny...thank you for sharing it here.
I read this out to P this morning and his eyes filled too....along with my own...

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#33519 Mar 19, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
THE WIRE ... doh, that indeed get much, much, much praise for a quality program. Didn't see that one either.
Thank you, although shows I "talk up" that I haven't seen but pass along "buzz" to reinforce the recommendations of our fellow posters who have seen, or are watching them currently -- my recommendations are hollow in comparison.
Yup, a lot goes to personal likes/dislikes.
Nevertheless, your opinion counts for a lot here as you have done your research on
our behalf.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#33520 Mar 19, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Quiet around here,
LOL! Not quite....

at the risk of sounding repetitive...the 'State of the Art' heating system went hay-wire.....
been a bit busy sorting out alternatives. Near enough sorted.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#33521 Mar 19, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good morning/tea-time Kitchen-eers!
Grace: I forgot to give you a nod regarding Ireland taking the union rugby Six Nations champeenship.
Cuz El: You, Mr. P, and me need to go to a motorcar auction in April.
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/duo-stunning-jagu...
To get everybody sort of up-to-speed :)
http://news.yahoo.com/catching-everyone-game-... --
And incredibly,'just in the nick of time':
http://news.yahoo.com/major-discovery-smoking... -
incredible-big-bang-145912987. html
Well the auction brought back pleasant memories Cuz Luke......speeding down the M1
at over 100 in the 60's...those were the days my friend!

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#33522 Mar 19, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Those 2 sisters' mum -- my granny on that branch -- was about the same height as yours. They were Appalachian mountain coal people, and a gritty lot for sure!
My mom and dad, him back to States with medical discharge recovering from shrapnel at Battle of the Bulge, hooked up in Baltimore.
Bora da!
Family History being one my huge interests.....I really appreciate your divulging of
yours....I did some research some years ago about the Appalachian folk, triggered
by a post on offbeat, possibly here, I remember being totally enthralled by what
I learnt.
Hope your dad went on to live a comfortable life after his terrible war experiences.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#33523 Mar 19, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Hello El! Unfortunately Snowmageddon continues for Tally and those in the mid-Atlantic states today. We've got the cold air, but thank God not the snow again, here in the midwest. This system is staying south, with the southern end of it producing severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. What a Winter this has been.
Y'all have had a nice high pressure system blocking several big lows from continuing y'alls Stormageddon, I've been watching.
I hope all is well with you and yours over there. I've been very busy with family matters and hospitals but so far that situation is hopeful. You've been in my thoughts.
This weather is very testing Paise, and I realise your land scaping business
depends on decent weather, everything must be on hold currently. I certainly
hope that things are improving on the health 'front' in your family, it's a worrying time
can only wish y'all the best for all.
It's great to see you here Paise, and I am kicking myself I missed you on the
day you posted.....

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#33524 Mar 19, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>rich and sweet, like I like my women
Strong....or weak?

Hope those seedlings survive....what are you growing?

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#33525 Mar 19, 2014
Melody_E wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon Miss El,
Well the results were less than spectacular, lol. But the cake wasn't a total loss. It turned out cracked and took double the time to bake. Then the edges were more like cookie than cake. It also had a funny texture, I can only describe as honeycombed. Lol, we live and learn.
Hugs and thank you's again, sweet El. Oh. Forgot it was Green Day so Happy St. Pats to all.:)
G'morning Melody....
had to laugh at your description of your cake, lol, but it was 'different' at any rate,
you could say unique, lol. Glad it wasn't a total disaster and was actually edible,
and thanks so much for letting me know. I dare say you will remember to buy in
the oil in future.
I have started to use CocoOil in food preparation again, said to be a healthy option,
and actually tastes nice too. I use it in stir-frys, baking and making omelettes, can
recommend it....:)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#33526 Mar 19, 2014
oddie wrote:
<quoted text> Hope I am not butting in??? But Breaking Bad is the Bomb,,,,,Makes one cry, and tears roll down ones face from laughing,,,,Already watched it twice,,,may watch it a third time,,,,Have a great Day,,,
I am SO enjoying this series, it is indeed the Bomb...it's quite amazing, the
acting is superb and the plot way out, I'm really lovin' it! Can't wait to watch the
next episode...:)
You too oddie....have a good one.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#33527 Mar 19, 2014
Good Morning Grace, Paise, Sir Tally, Denny, DW, LIM, Melody_E,
Oddie, and all who visit the Kitchen.

St. Patrick's Day was unobserved here abouts, sadly, but I watched
some wonderful videos of the celebrations elsewhere, particularly
NYC who surpassed themselves with the show of bands, fire-fighters
vehicles, and troupes of dancers, it was all so well organised and I
would have loved to be there to see it first hand. It occurred to me
whilst watching, that many of those Irish folk taking part would have
loved to feel the olde sod under their feet, whilst I would have preferred
the cold hard concrete of the vibrant City......funny old world.

Hope everyone enjoyed the day.

Denny, Grace, Oddie, you were so right about Breaking Bad....I am
truly hooked. Long way to go as still watching Series 1.....but it
certainly holds the interest.....Grace I believe you mentioned JESSE and BRIAN in partic....WOW...unbelievable acting, quite amazing.

Joining DW in congratulating Ireland on their superb win in the Six Nations
Rugby.

Manchester United are playing tonight, got to stick by them, they are
going through a rough patch, this will soon pass and like the Phoenix
they will rise again from the ashes!....:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congressional Black Caucus 8 min Faith 2
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 28 min Faith 225,429
I've never in my life seen so much BS 30 min Hoosier Hillbilly 44
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 33 min Hoosier Hillbilly 223,049
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 34 min wichita-rick 2,345
Internet: Friend or Foe? 55 min Faith 10
The Onion 57 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Denny CranesPlace 31,052
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr harrypaul1 6,581
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 7 hr Princess Hey 150,666