“Truth and perspective informs”

Since: Nov 09

against BS

#33424 Mar 11, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Bora da a qui, maen brave heddw.
Humble is not a word I often use, in fact I felt more dreadful than anything, having
voiced my views, and THEN 'meeting' this amazing coach....I immediately compared
to how I would feel if it were Sir Alex Ferguson.....tends to put everything in perspective.
I don't suppose I am alone in having witnessed Alhziemer's victims in the final stages,
where 'while there is life' does not apply....I was referring to that stage.
I heard about the blood test in the pipe-line....far more accurate one would hope than
supermarket assistants being trained to 'look out' for possible early stages in their
customers, in my opinion it could lead to interpretation, a word said wrongly here,
a word there, leaving one's card in the machine and floating off as I am in the habit of
doing.....
Talk about Big Brother.....
Aye, I understand that yourself, Grace and likely some others here have known that phase in your close circles.

To date, I have not directly with my close circle.

against BS

#33425 Mar 11, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks El. I will never retire as long as I have my health. I have been so lucky all my life to love my work! I enjoy getting out and meeting people and trying to help them sell their home and find a new one.
Jolly good! And good wishes in your wife's retirement.

against BS

#33426 Mar 11, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks DW, El and LIM for replies on this-appreciated.
I can't understand it either, any poem I posted since Christmas
Suffered the same fate - disappeared in thin air,
yet my other posts all arrive ok?
I tell you, someone up there doesn't like my style lol.
Just for the fun of it, I'll post the poem again directly
after this post and see what happens!
Look out for another 'post hole':)
Love the blue birds, DW.
Thank you for your birds compliment, yerGrace. That Ali one is pretty special too.

'Tis a sorry affair. My theory is revenge and spite from a poet plagiarist, but 'mod power' from it is a wrinkle not anticipated; and makes ya go hmmmmm.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33427 Mar 11, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, a skit with an actor known by young folk. It was a 'sell' of the Affordable Health Care Act.
Good evening/morning Kitchen-eers!
yes now I know they CBS was showing promos and I had a ear on it . so didn't catch the spoofs until too late
SIPPI CUP

Durand, MI

#33428 Mar 11, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Sup Cup?
A few days ago I saw this:
http://news.yahoo.com/plan-seeks-phosphorus-c...
I wondered. I remember the phosphate detergent bans the Great Lakes states passed though not impacting agriculture much (no surprise there), like:
2010 article:
http://www.environmentalleader.com/2010/06/29...
includes Michigan and Indiana
2012 article:
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/rpt/2012-R-0076.ht...
"At least 11 states ban phosphorus fertilizer use or sale: Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
In general, these states prohibit phosphorus fertilizer application unless it is for (1) curing a lack of necessary phosphorus,(2) establishing new turf, or (3) repairing turf. Many states exempt agricultural lands and production, commercial or sod farms, gardening, or golf courses from the ban. And many prohibit applying fertilizer (not only phosphorus fertilizer) on impervious, frozen, or saturated surfaces, or within a certain distance of a water body. Inadvertent application on impervious surfaces must be removed or cleaned up. Some states also have phosphorus fertilizer sale restrictions such as separately displaying phosphorus fertilizer and posting cautionary information."
"Florida law requires certain counties and municipalities located in nutrient-impaired watersheds to adopt the state's model ordinance for any fertilizer use in urban landscapes and may adopt more stringent standards if certain conditions are met. "
What's your insight on this?
Sup Luke

I don't even know where to start, da dead zone in the gulf, the lake associations here that tell you what your lake study has to say before they hire you, gotta keep the boat dock clean of weeds, then my deying coast and a way of life, the Houma are some of the most respected locals, sinewy, tough, fast with stamina I will watch that tory soon

on a lighter note, sign into fb and check this Cajun girl on her way to New Orleans on a "truck float", she will brighten your day

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#33429 Mar 12, 2014
good morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE...well so far spont he barrel head about the snow storm

can't see a thing with in 5 yards

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33430 Mar 12, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
have to ask , why do you care ??????????
Because I find it very funny! They are going to be paying 3 people about $340,000 to do the work of a person they paid $100,000 and they don't have the knowledge to do the job with 6 months training. Their decision will cost them millions. It reminds me of the waste you see in the government where money means nothing

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33431 Mar 12, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, a skit with an actor known by young folk. It was a 'sell' of the Affordable Health Care Act.
Good evening/morning Kitchen-eers!
It may be a sell of Obama care but there aren't many buyers :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33432 Mar 12, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Jolly good! And good wishes in your wife's retirement.
Thank you very much. It will be great :)

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33433 Mar 12, 2014
A warm HELLO to everyone on the thread..
All excellent over this way..
plus lovely weather -

Going to see my sweet new grand daughter tonight.

Good to be alive.
SIPPI CUP

Durand, MI

#33434 Mar 12, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Because I find it very funny! They are going to be paying 3 people about $340,000 to do the work of a person they paid $100,000 and they don't have the knowledge to do the job with 6 months training. Their decision will cost them millions. It reminds me of the waste you see in the government where money means nothing
the price fools pay for booze/beer they just guzzle will pay the bills

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33435 Mar 12, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
A warm HELLO to everyone on the thread..
All excellent over this way..
plus lovely weather -
Going to see my sweet new grand daughter tonight.
Good to be alive.
It is indeed good to be alive. Enjoy your day

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#33436 Mar 12, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Because I find it very funny! They are going to be paying 3 people about $340,000 to do the work of a person they paid $100,000 and they don't have the knowledge to do the job with 6 months training. Their decision will cost them millions. It reminds me of the waste you see in the government where money means nothing
ok but still why should you care , hope you didn't get the info from the mrs..

against BS

#33437 Mar 12, 2014
SIPPI CUP wrote:
<quoted text>Sup Luke
I don't even know where to start, da dead zone in the gulf, the lake associations here that tell you what your lake study has to say before they hire you, gotta keep the boat dock clean of weeds, then my deying coast and a way of life, the Houma are some of the most respected locals, sinewy, tough, fast with stamina I will watch that tory soon
on a lighter note, sign into fb and check this Cajun girl on her way to New Orleans on a "truck float", she will brighten your day
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
Ok SIPPI, a picture and/or article within the FB environment I should be able to do easily enough. I shall later or tomorrow. Thanks.

Good evening/morning Kitchen-eers !

against BS

#33438 Mar 12, 2014
Snow flurries in mid-Indiana with no accumulation, 7 inches in Ft. Wayne IN, 8-10 inches in central Michigan, and blizzard warning in Rochester, New York.

Temperature drop from yesterday to today about 30 F in mid-Indiana.

against BS

#33439 Mar 12, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Denny...for the broader picture. What a great shame that your wife's position
cannot be filled by suitable candidates, not your wife's problem, she has done her 30
years and can leave with her head held high.
It will perhaps teach them not to try to cut corners, the two years was obviously
necessary.(I could have picked it up in one) lol j/k
{{{ Cuz El }}}, I surmise you've much grit and savvy as this war-time factory bird in South Wales ... meet Ruby Loftus and her aptitudes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Loftus_Scre...
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Durand, MI

#33440 Mar 12, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
ok but still why should you care , hope you didn't get the info from the mrs..
why do you care that he cares and whats up with the wise crack about his misses

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#33441 Mar 12, 2014
OMG!!

Lost in Mississippi.. How are ya Chick??
Seen SLACK??

El..How about 2 Java's and Blueberry Muffins for Lost in Mississippi and Me??

FILL me in Chick..Have ya been to Motel Tennessee lately??
and angel said to him

Castroville, TX

#33442 Mar 13, 2014
they trashed sister hope because that's her mean ol ex joe

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33443 Mar 13, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
{{{ Cuz El }}}, I surmise you've much grit and savvy as this war-time factory bird in South Wales ... meet Ruby Loftus and her aptitudes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Loftus_Scre...
That is an amazing piece of information, hats off to Ruby Loftus and her like,
doubt if I myself wouldl have come close to achieving her expertise, but you
never know of what you are capable if the situation arises.
Bora Da {{{Cuz Luke}}}

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min wichita-rick 147,618
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 35 min Crazy Jae 1,418
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 42 min replaytime 117,349
Offbeat Happy Thread (Aug '12) 42 min CJ Rocker 161
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 52 min -Lea- 21,356
I Like..... (Mar '14) 55 min beatlesinthebog 375
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 1 hr Crazy Jae 1,374
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 6,370
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 3 hr NOM s Waffle House 9
Official: Oklahoma beheading suspect a bit 'weird' 5 hr Streetrunner 33