“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33367 Mar 9, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It does indeed, positively exhausting making the trip there AND back in
the same day. Got a few lined up myself and glad to have my 'driver'
at times......can do without driving on the motorway myself.
she prefers not to drive .... she obeys the limit and people get mad damn nasty when they pass.. I have cut back myself set cruise no more than 5MPH over ...but I did and do still have help

be a retired judge I get to keep my judicial plates for 15 years [just turned them in]
nephew is about third in line of heading the NYSPD

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33368 Mar 9, 2014
good morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE did you all leap forward, 1st do you even observe DST
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

#33369 Mar 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Goi. I will give you a call. I will be at (01273)723395. Klasy Kids
ok mate,be good to catch up again..
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

#33370 Mar 9, 2014
Afternoon El,just off around mates house watch England give Wales a real good thrashing,lol..

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33371 Mar 9, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
Afternoon El,just off around mates house watch England give Wales a real good thrashing,lol..
LOL Krypt.....an hour to go before the prelims....coupla Welsh fellers coming in to
watch...(: P supports England natch...as I DO!...:)

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33372 Mar 9, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
she prefers not to drive .... she obeys the limit and people get mad damn nasty when they pass.. I have cut back myself set cruise no more than 5MPH over ...but I did and do still have help
be a retired judge I get to keep my judicial plates for 15 years [just turned them in]
nephew is about third in line of heading the NYSPD
don't blame her in the slightest...that happens here if you choose to drive slowly
most unnerving. I wish P would cut back but no.....80 mph on the Expressway
the other day...couple of occasions I allowed myself to scream! haha
In all fairness we wouldn't have got there in time had he not.
Your nephew following in your footsteps then.....you must be very proud.

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33373 Mar 9, 2014
tallyho wrote:
good morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE did you all leap forward, 1st do you even observe DST
GMT here Sir Tally...but they don't go forward as yet.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#33374 Mar 9, 2014
I'm fine with driving,
The only thing is.

I'm not great at night driving anymore, city night driving perfectly ok..
but, out Kate in black rural roads I easily
become confused and my judgment is off!
It took me ages to admit this to myself somehow,
But now I'm resigned to it and don't put myself
In the way of it, anymore.

And am glad of the bonus that I can drive ANYWHERE by day,
The long journeys are a little more tiring than they used to be
(I find, like Tally)

But we must expect some changes as we grow older..

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33376 Mar 9, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
GMT here Sir Tally...but they don't go forward as yet.
El you don't have enough day light to save this time of the year :) I lost an hour somewhere and I don't remember where I left it

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33377 Mar 9, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I'm fine with driving,
The only thing is.
I'm not great at night driving anymore, city night driving perfectly ok..
but, out Kate in black rural roads I easily
become confused and my judgment is off!
It took me ages to admit this to myself somehow,
But now I'm resigned to it and don't put myself
In the way of it, anymore.
And am glad of the bonus that I can drive ANYWHERE by day,
The long journeys are a little more tiring than they used to be
(I find, like Tally)
But we must expect some changes as we grow older..
It's a good driver who realises their limitations and I do not mean that
to sound anything but praiseworthy.
Driving was one of my passions, but motorways never, but I drive
as I always have, when I am fortunate enough to take over the wheel...:)
I tend to adopt Joan Collins philosophy in many respects, which is
pay no mind to the date of birth, but rather to one's capabilities.

.

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33378 Mar 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>El you don't have enough day light to save this time of the year :) I lost an hour somewhere and I don't remember where I left it
lol Denny....you will find that hour when you are not looking for it, most likely when
you turn the clocks back.
It's a beautiful light just now, we had coffee and toasted tea cakes outside on the
patio, in the SUN....can you believe it, it is finally looking like Spring.
Thinking of popping down to the coast to see a sun set.....
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

#33379 Mar 9, 2014
One ecstatic happy fella..I love being English,lol

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#33380 Mar 9, 2014
Can anyone tell me if the poem on
ALZHEIMERS I posted this afternoon..
appeared or not-

Thanks

It was post 33375:

I cannot understand what the problem might be>
that recently whenever I post a poem it vanishes!

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33381 Mar 9, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
One ecstatic happy fella..I love being English,lol
The best team won! It's true..England played much better.

And Ireland through yesterday.....

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#33382 Mar 9, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the poem on
ALZHEIMERS I posted this afternoon..
appeared or not-
Thanks
It was post 33375:
I cannot understand what the problem might be>
that recently whenever I post a poem it vanishes!
Not visible to me Grace...and I never saw it.
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

#33383 Mar 9, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
The best team won! It's true..England played much better.
And Ireland through yesterday.....
Would never want the frogs to win but if they could beat Ireland for me next week,it should be in the bag for us then...Anyway I'm happy the sweaty socks lost yesterday..

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33384 Mar 10, 2014
good morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE
Point of interest :

to my critic [troll] who say earlier on topix i was all wet on windows being phase out Updated: Monday, March 10 2014, 05:41 AM EDT Redmond, Wash.(AP)- The end is near - for those computers still running Microsoft's XP operating system. As announced earlier, Microsoft will soon end support for the operating system it first rolled out in 2001. That means there will be no more technical support or security updates for the operating system. Microsoft says the date XP is dead in its eyes is April 8. Those who are using XP are being asked to go a special Web site to get information on how to upgrade their systems. Microsoft is urging users to step up to Windows 8. It is more stable than previous versions of Microsoft's operating systems.(56 min ago |
SIPPI CUP

Durand, MI

#33385 Mar 10, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the poem on
ALZHEIMERS I posted this afternoon..
appeared or not-
Thanks
It was post 33375:
I cannot understand what the problem might be>
that recently whenever I post a poem it vanishes!
not here, ya must have been reported earlier, now you are on the short list, welcome

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33386 Mar 10, 2014
Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. My wife retires the 28th after 30 years with the same company. She hired two people to replace her and was supposed to train them for the next two years. After 6 month of training she was told to retire. They gave her a years salary so that was OK but if they want her back as a consultant it is going to be very expensive for them. She handled about 25 million dollars and the people who are replacing her don't have a clue what they are doing.
SIPPI CUP

Durand, MI

#33387 Mar 10, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. My wife retires the 28th after 30 years with the same company. She hired two people to replace her and was supposed to train them for the next two years. After 6 month of training she was told to retire. They gave her a years salary so that was OK but if they want her back as a consultant it is going to be very expensive for them. She handled about 25 million dollars and the people who are replacing her don't have a clue what they are doing.
but they work cheap

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 min Papa Smurfaletto 10,921
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min messianic114 161,813
motorcycle traveling stories 5 min harlehoney 632
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 56,686
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 31,664
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,317
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 28,613
News Naked Couple Busted For Sex In Library Loo 26 min Silent Wood Fall 27
Things that make life eaiser... 40 min -CatCiao- 276
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr I Am No One_ 161,827
News Baltimore Mom Catches Her Son Rioting, Beats Hi... 4 hr Da Short Bus 193
More from around the web