|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Had a look-didn't find any chants as such.. Except the religious kind,
But hope you like this one I came across.
Nice day here too, we had no snow this year!
High winds seemed to have replaced this year's snow!
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
High winds indeed! What you and El have endured ... my house might be located in the next county with a similar frequency and persistence!

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
The video was lovely Grace, both the song and the images, we always
say our two countries (Ireland and Wales) are very similar, and
indeed they are.
On a happier note, the lady who gave birth to her daughter on a New York
street recently, was on the news earlier, along with her husband and baby,
just so happens she is British, what a wonderful story that was, and the
New Yorkers, taking off their outer garments to keep the baby warm.
Such heart they have.
I saw a TV report about the sidewalk birth. Included in the details was that NYC media and social media were reaching out for the anonymous woman that gave her coat up, because the intent of the new parents was to name the baby girl after her. The coat lady was found!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25690...

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:
Hi all - have been off for a while and thought I'd better pop by in case you wondered if the dreaded big C had got me!! It hasn't! Medical review today was more positive - they still don't know if the cancer is back, but the signs are good - weight holding up, no new pain and more mobility in the jaw. Perhaps I can see a little ray of hope in there. Will know more at the beginning of April when there is another scan scheduled - if it shows the same level of activity as the one in January, it's radiotherapy damage not cancer.
Lots of rays of hope there, Admir-able Tony! Thumbs up!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Az. governor had signed that anti-gay bill, another Super Bowl event was going to be lost. Buzz was building about the state losing other business opportunities as well.
----------
Indeed not. I've lived in Indiana long enough -- and pay attention -- to know about states' autonomy in such matters. For example, we don't have an official state holiday for Presidents Day -- state business, such as license branches, is per usual.
For our friends on the east side of the Atlantic Ocean there was info in post #c33223 in which I referenced a Wikipedia article:
**** The Wikipedia article about Washington's Birthday/Presidents' Day discusses/list the variation of official state observances of both birthdays (Washington and Lincoln).****
That is an example of states' autonomy.
see if the states really don't follow the FEDS lead , like banking ... and remain open [private banks] who will they bank with ,

and yes the Nfl did say they will move the super bowl.. I think it is more of

Missouri football player Michael Sam says he is gay, aims to be first publicly gay player in NFL Projected to be taken in the early rounds

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

info:
Federal holidays are designated by the United States Congress in Title V of the United States Code (5 U.S.C. 6103).[1] Congress has authority to create holidays only for federal institutions (including federally owned properties) and employees, and for the District of Columbia. However, as a general rule other institutions, including banks, post offices, and schools, may be closed on those days. In various parts of the country, state and city holidays may be observed in addition to the federal holidays.

there never was a Federal holiday for Lincoln that was
individual States holiday [Lincoln]

Honors George Washington. Sometimes labeled as "Presidents Day" by other than the federal government, in recognition of other American presidents, such as Abraham Lincoln (who was born February 12). The legal name of the federal holiday, however, remains "Washington's Birthday". It was historically observed on February 22, prior to passage of the Uniform Monday Holiday Act by Congress.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
info:
Federal holidays are designated by the United States Congress in Title V of the United States Code (5 U.S.C. 6103).[1] Congress has authority to create holidays only for federal institutions (including federally owned properties) and employees, and for the District of Columbia. However, as a general rule other institutions, including banks, post offices, and schools, may be closed on those days. In various parts of the country, state and city holidays may be observed in addition to the federal holidays.
there never was a Federal holiday for Lincoln that was
individual States holiday [Lincoln]
Honors George Washington. Sometimes labeled as "Presidents Day" by other than the federal government, in recognition of other American presidents, such as Abraham Lincoln (who was born February 12). The legal name of the federal holiday, however, remains "Washington's Birthday". It was historically observed on February 22, prior to passage of the Uniform Monday Holiday Act by Congress.
sheeshh << shakes head >>

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a TV report about the sidewalk birth. Included in the details was that NYC media and social media were reaching out for the anonymous woman that gave her coat up, because the intent of the new parents was to name the baby girl after her. The coat lady was found!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25690...
The most details about the Ms. McCourt's sidewalk birthing and the coat lady I got was from 2 successive evenings off this syndicated TV tabloid-style program. From this evening, they are crowing about giving a new coat to Ms. Williams, the coat lady.

There are some other interesting news this evening, as well as the usual pop culture or celebrity stuff, and the truly silly.

http://www.insideedition.com/

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Southern California, in the midst of a prolonged severe drought, is going to get soaked with a potential of mudslides.

For the harsh winter weather, Minnesota is among the states most affected.

In some places, the ground is frozen to a depth of 8 feet freezing water supply.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/extreme-cold-ca...

CBS news at dinner time also reported at least 40 days sub-zero F temperature has been recorded. Twenty-one unfortunate souls have frozen to death.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Ipswich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
The most details about the Ms. McCourt's sidewalk birthing and the coat lady I got was from 2 successive evenings off this syndicated TV tabloid-style program. From this evening, they are crowing about giving a new coat to Ms. Williams, the coat lady.
There are some other interesting news this evening, as well as the usual pop culture or celebrity stuff, and the truly silly.
http://www.insideedition.com/
Enjoyed this 'in-depth' article and subsequent interview with Ms. Williams, such a
lovely young woman, to be hoped she fulfills her desire to go on to becoming a
member of the nursing profession. Good to see folk of all nationalities coming
together there on 68th/3rd Avenue.....
That was a most interesting link Cuz Luke, explored other facets of it during this
period of sleeplessness in Wales this night, now morning, so thankyou kindly!...:)

Ipswich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
Southern California, in the midst of a prolonged severe drought, is going to get soaked with a potential of mudslides.
For the harsh winter weather, Minnesota is among the states most affected.
In some places, the ground is frozen to a depth of 8 feet freezing water supply.
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/extreme-cold-ca...
CBS news at dinner time also reported at least 40 days sub-zero F temperature has been recorded. Twenty-one unfortunate souls have frozen to death.
Had no idea that the conditions were as bad as this, this has to be the cruellest Winter
for many a year. Makes my rather childish enthusiasm re the promise of snow here,
stick in my throat.

Ipswich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Good Morning Everyone,

Is it me, or have working hours changed? There was a time the
working day began at 9 a.m (09.00) not no mo'...this morning the
chap I was expecting to make the annual heat sensor units checks,
arrived at quarter past eight. He was nice enough but I consider that
just a bit early myself.

Something on the news this morning amused me. Thousands of
in store assistants are to be taught to recognise the symptoms of
Alzheimer's malady. Great. So now the assistant at check-out
will be anylising the customer.....so with that, and CCTV...who was
it said Big Brother is here?!
Gone are the days I forget to collect my card from the machine,
wouldn't wish to fuel anybody's fire.
What do you think about it?

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Good Morning everyone on the last day of
Feb, just thinking of the late Dennis Farina around this time
& of how Vee used tell us he was a leap year baby.
We miss VEE's input a lot on the forum,
Hope her computer probs get solved soon.

El,
I note what both DW and you had to say about the snow,
And of course, as we all know there ARE 2sides to it, yes,
A lot of hardship for different folks,
but, traditionally too, snow has always been celebrated and recalled with such joy and innocence
and has filled (and always will) so many childish hearts with sheer delight
And beautiful dreams down the ages, so no need for you to apologise for sharing such feelings.

I have always think too THE SNOWMAN movie ..with David Bowie,
Is one of the most magical animations I have ever seen,
The very epitome of pure innocence was captured and remains locked
In that sweet movie.

Glad you and I ( and I dare say Luke) have the ability to think like that too..
and long may it last..

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Correction>'I have alway thought, too'

Ipswich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
El,
but, traditionally too, snow has always been celebrated and recalled with such joy and innocence
And beautiful dreams down the ages, so no need for you to apologise for sharing such feelings.
In that sweet movie.
and long may it last..
Certainly do miss Vee, it's a few weeks now since she posted from the library,
have been looking out for her on Fridays but weather an' all...not always convenient.
So...just to let you know that we have been thinking of you in your absence Vee, and
hope you are soon back on track with your computer.
This morning I was thinking of PFfff too, and hope she is alright. Muiss her and
Princess Hey, Franko, the list goes on.
Thank you so much for backing me up there Grace, don't feel quite as selfish
hearing what you had to say. Still no snow....although a flyer on the news this morning
said it has snowed in South Wales.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

D
Grace Nerissa wrote:
El,
In that sweet movie.
and long may it last..
Dear Grace. Please don't use the S word. It will be 75 degrees toda in Dallas and the fruit trees are ready to bloom so don't mess it up :)

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Happy Friday to all!!! Today I close on my house, big weekend of moving!!! I am so happy, I have waited many long months for this day!!!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Friday to almost everyone who is posting here. Miss most of you, no plans to get the computer worked on yet. Still working. El, how are the cats doing? I looked into retirement, I could in Oct if I want to. I had to laugh when I found out how much money they would give me a month. I did NOT know that from that pissy amount, they take out money from your check for medicare. WTF????? I was planning on continuing to work and take social security. Now I dont want their mere pittance. Work all your live long days and get diddly squat!!!!!!!!!!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Friday to almost everyone who is posting here. Miss most of you, no plans to get the computer worked on yet. Still working. El, how are the cats doing? I looked into retirement, I could in Oct if I want to. I had to laugh when I found out how much money they would give me a month. I did NOT know that from that pissy amount, they take out money from your check for medicare. WTF????? I was planning on continuing to work and take social security. Now I dont want their mere pittance. Work all your live long days and get diddly squat!!!!!!!!!!
ut ut ut that is a general estimate ... going to SS office it increased by about 500 per month let the SS office tell you not the booklet

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

EL..Hot Java here and A Raisin Muffin also...MEN and Their $$$ TALK!!

OMG!"

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

good morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE .....
getting an education on some of England's great engineering feats .like the Metro and Big Ben anf the tower of London
interesting indeed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••