El's Kitchen

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33145 Feb 20, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Carry On ....:)
I took your advice and did so...:)

In doing, I neglected to thank you for the incredible information on
both the horrendous lynchings, and the background of 'Strange Fruit'.

Very informative indeed and thankyou Cuz Luke.

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33146 Feb 20, 2014
Grace.....

Mrs. Brown's Boys last night!!!!! Hilarious.

All finished with the repair to outside....caught a glimpse
of myself in the window on the way in, and a visit to the
hairdressers is a must tomorrow. Today has been a
promise of Spring to come and has been really lovely,
hope the same in Ireland.

Have a nice weekend.....

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33147 Feb 20, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. How are you this fine morning? I am counting down the days to my trip to England. Have you heard anything from Krypt? I would like to meet up with him at a pub. He gave me a soccer shirt so I owe him a football jersey
Hello there Denny, not long now! I haven't heard sight nor sound of Krypt, hope he is
okay. He will be thrilled to have a football jersey off you.....:)

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33148 Feb 20, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
can't say suicide is inbred... survival is , that is a proven fact.. suicide is the last step in desperation ....
Certainly not. And I so agree with what you say about suicide...I think I must have
missed something as I didn't see suicide mentioned.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the floods are not too bad.....here we have
been very lucky to be honest, a short distance up the coast, not so lucky.

7755...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33149 Feb 20, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
and the Julius and Ethel Rosenburg [alleged spies that were executed in the 50s] connection.
curious what does the Rosenbergs have to do with racism ...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33150 Feb 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly not. And I so agree with what you say about suicide...I think I must have
missed something as I didn't see suicide mentioned.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the floods are not too bad.....here we have
been very lucky to be honest, a short distance up the coast, not so lucky.
7755...
my fault..........I PERCEIVED THIS PASSAGE AS . suicide

That would be a very frightening experience, people like that want shooting themselves!
It is inbred in them sadly.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33151 Feb 20, 2014
FINE IN MICHIGAN wrote:
breading, lol, I made myself laugh
I really should get dragon speak
See?/Si ------> breading, lol, I made myself laugh

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33152 Feb 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I took your advice and did so...:)
In doing, I neglected to thank you for the incredible information on
both the horrendous lynchings, and the background of 'Strange Fruit'.
Very informative indeed and thankyou Cuz Luke.
Oh no prob (it's right difficult for time to respond to *every* jot and tittle of every post). You and Mr. P have been mighty busy. Y/W.

----------
another 50 year anniversary:

"She's Got A Ticket To Ride" --- and her Mum and Sis cared, a lot. It could have happened way, way differently; thank God it didn't!

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/true-...

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33153 Feb 20, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
curious what does the Rosenbergs have to do with racism ...
at surface, it really doesn't have to; just an historical one ... as all the connections involved could be considered only as historical connections.

But now that you brought it up ... deeper thought, considering the time period;

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were ?..... fill it in.

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33154 Feb 20, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
my fault..........I PERCEIVED THIS PASSAGE AS . suicide
That would be a very frightening experience, people like that want shooting themselves!
It is inbred in them sadly.
Glad we could sort it.....it was down to my phraseology I'm afraid....

no, I feel equally strongly about suicide, so glad you mentioned it.

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#33155 Feb 20, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no prob (it's right difficult for time to respond to *every* jot and tittle of every post). You and Mr. P have been mighty busy. Y/W.
----------
another 50 year anniversary:
"She's Got A Ticket To Ride" --- and her Mum and Sis cared, a lot. It could have happened way, way differently; thank God it didn't!
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/true-...
True...but it wasn't just 'any old post' it was most informative, and very moving.
Mr. P is fast asleep in front of the telly...:)

Again, most informative, I never knew the full story of 'She's Got a Ticket to Ride'
let alone saw any photos.

Elizabeth has my complete admiration, and thank goodness the boyfriend she made
over here did the decent thing and turned her in. Because I can assure you, the
'bad guys' were out there in London and Liverpool in 1964. Wonderful story, grateful
to ya.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33156 Feb 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
True...but it wasn't just 'any old post' it was most informative, and very moving.
Mr. P is fast asleep in front of the telly...:)
Again, most informative, I never knew the full story of 'She's Got a Ticket to Ride'
let alone saw any photos.
Elizabeth has my complete admiration, and thank goodness the boyfriend she made
over here did the decent thing and turned her in. Because I can assure you, the
'bad guys' were out there in London and Liverpool in 1964. Wonderful story, grateful
to ya.
Oops! Didn't mean to imply that the song title I used had *anything* to do with story I found.

I just used the title to intro the story! Mea culpa!

{{{ Cuz El }}} I think you're [and Mr. P] swell....

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33157 Feb 20, 2014
^^^ I thought about using "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window" first.

“Don't mess with Mother Nature.”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#33158 Feb 20, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no prob (it's right difficult for time to respond to *every* jot and tittle of every post). You and Mr. P have been mighty busy. Y/W.
----------
another 50 year anniversary:
"She's Got A Ticket To Ride" --- and her Mum and Sis cared, a lot. It could have happened way, way differently; thank God it didn't!
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/true-...
What a great story - Thanks for sharing the link.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33159 Feb 20, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
at surface, it really doesn't have to; just an historical one ... as all the connections involved could be considered only as historical connections.
But now that you brought it up ... deeper thought, considering the time period;
Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were ?..... fill it in.
they were scapegoats since we were compromised [ABOMB] secret

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33160 Feb 20, 2014
watching a most thrilling hockey women USA/CANADA

for the gold , 1:14 left ...2/1 USA..just got tied

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33161 Feb 20, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
they were scapegoats since we were compromised [ABOMB] secret
that too, yep!

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#33162 Feb 20, 2014
Crystal_Clear722 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a great story - Thanks for sharing the link.
You're welcome. Sorry if there is misunderstanding that the Beatles wrote that song about the runaway girl.

I just thought the title was a fitting intro.

“Maytime”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#33163 Feb 20, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a sweet image of your darling two week old grand-daughter
she is lucky indeed to have such a caring and loving Grandma as
she has in Grace Nerissa!
AND .. thank YOU El
for such a nice reply..
thanks also for post lower down here -
funny you should say about hairdos!!!

I also 'caught a glimpse' and had the same reaction, ha ha!
went to hairdressers yesterday -
thought it wise BEFORE I MIGHT BE ARRESTED lol!

Yeah, true about MRS BROWNE,
altho' she 'F's' and 'blinds' her way right through,
she can still make one die laughing:)
in this complicated sometimes brutal world.

“Maytime”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#33164 Feb 20, 2014
OMG!!!

Did anyone here have the same reaction when watching the guys
[on TV] being openly
shot by sniper fire in the street to day in KIEV,,
poor guys shot down wriggling around in pain...and bewilderment

GEEZUS! whats it all about..

I was staring at the TV transfixed!

we are ALL only here for a short time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 5 min Lumatrix 6,021
College Basketball 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 19 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,785
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32,333
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,199
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 22 min Parden Pard 5,196
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,670
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min I Am No One_ 165,383
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 15,559
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 4 hr butters_ 2,251
News Is this the world's worst airport sandwich? 4 hr wichita-rick 11
News Teen Leads Mob In Ransacking Of Georgia Walmart 5 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 32
More from around the web