“Truth and perspective”

Since: Nov 09

defeats BS

#33040 Feb 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
John Goodman featured in the last movie I saw too....'Inside Llewen Davies' may have
spelt his given name wrongly, so used to the Welsh spelling which would be Llewellyn
as in Prince Llewellyn, last of the Welsh Princes.
It is permitted to spit as you pronounce the double 'L's hahaha
I can understand certain facts/features being omitted, or even added to a movie, can't
always be exact, different when historic facts are altered completely to please the
audience...and the movie maker.
Sadly, the critiques over here slammed Monuments Men and called it a
Monumental Disappointment.
The movie has been slammed here too. I have no clue how many Brits were cast in very minor roles, but at least a major support role was nabbed by Lord Grantham!

BTW, a little after Christmas, PBS telecast "Mr. Stink" starring Hugh Bonneville.

Anyway ... we all here dwell and play and thrive with one another here in the hamlet of Llareggub.

:)

Good mornin/tea-time Kitchen-eers!

“Truth and perspective”

defeats BS

#33041 Feb 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature allowed us to sample what Spring could be like by providing us with
one beautiful day as of yesterday, it was perfect from beginning to end.
Back to what is considered 'the norm' today, but...there are buds on the Lilac
tree, shoots on the roses and give it time, Spring is on it's way.
Hope you are surviving the extreme weather there Dear Rose.....<3
Buds and shoots already! Oh my word

'Twas a pleasant enough day in the afternoon after the clouds broke yesterday.

More snow, sleet, and freezing rain coming through middle-earth Indiana today.

“Truth and perspective”

defeats BS

#33042 Feb 17, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Yes, agreed,
the year is moving on 'despite and apart' from angry storms, high winds and torrential rain..
like as if the year were saying,
"You can all be doing as you like, but I'm pushing on
here with the seasons- that's my job" lol
"Twas mild here yesterday, with light sunshine
and a lighter green on the grass, enough to clutch the
heartstrings and see SPRING...
TG TOBE ALIVE to see another year..
True dat, Grace .... To be, or not to be, that IS the question.[not my words, lol]

“Truth and perspective”

defeats BS

#33043 Feb 17, 2014
SIPPI CUP wrote:
<quoted text>the funny thing is the authorities, official and unofficial, wonder why I speak up and seem to be "fearless", after intimidation did not work many started showing visible signs of fear when I would approach them, their problem not mine
all they can do is kill me, having to live with themselves is a much worse fate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion,_Indiana#...

"The event in Marion was notable as the last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Fruit

Billie Holiday most known for song.

"Strange Fruit" is a poem written by Abel Meeropol, a white, Jewish high school teacher from the Bronx and a member of the Communist Party, as a protest against lynchings. He sometimes published under the pen name Lewis Allan, after two sons who were stillborn.[6][7]

The lyrics, very similar to those of Théodore de Banville's poem "Le Verger Du Roi Louis" written seventy years before, are under copyright but have been republished in full in an

>>>> academic journal, with permission.[8] In the poem, Meeropol expressed his horror at >>>>lynchings. He had seen Lawrence Beitler's photograph of the 1930 lynching of Thomas >>>>Shipp and Abram Smith in Marion, Indiana.[7] He published the poem under the title

"Bitter Fruit" in 1937 in The New York Teacher, a union magazine.[9] Though Meeropol had often asked others (notably Earl Robinson) to set his poems to music, he set "Strange Fruit" to music himself and the piece gained a certain success as a protest song in and around New York. Meeropol, his wife, and black vocalist Laura Duncan performed it at Madison Square Garden.[10]

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#33044 Feb 17, 2014
ITEM:
The story of this brutal winter may best be told 60 miles east of Buffalo, where a mine runs as deep as the Empire State Building is tall.

It's here where you'll find a couple hundred miners 1,300 feet below ground working nine-hour shifts, seven days a week to keep up with the nation's voracious appetite for this season's hottest commodity: Salt.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#33045 Feb 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Safe journey Paise...allow yourself plenty of time to get there, and back,
and take some refreshments with you...no need to telly you, I know.
btw...I saw something about Agave in a forum to the effect that it is dangerous
to health, cannot find the thread again, it was quoting from Huffington Post,
I shall try to find the link. While others say it is healthy...so I want to know based
on what evidence...
Peace today when paying your respects to the deceased, and catch you later.
Thank you El, it was dry going down but treacherous coming back. Everyone was driving cautiously, I think folks have seen enough accidents and slide-offs this Winter that it's made Nervous Nelly's of us all, lol. But we're back.
Oh the disappearing posts! I posted a reply to you with a link about the agave nectar and it must not be showing, so I'll repost. I really like the taste of it, and you do use less of it than sugar, but it has some drawbacks that upon learning them I've cut us back from daily use (hubby was sweetening his coffee with it), to the occasional treat. Everything in moderation.
I hope good weather is holding for you. Our warmest day since early November is bringing the risk of severe thunderstorms with it on Thursday...figures, lol.
Thank you for the well wishes, this funeral was for hubby's great uncle, a well-loved and elderly gentleman who has gone home after a well-lived life. The funeral was truly a celebration of his life. He wanted dancing at his funeral, so on the closing song his grandson held out his hand to his now-widowed grandmother, Nat King Cole's 'Unforgettable' was played and very quickly the whole of the chapel was filled with dancing couples, laughter, and profound appreciation. It was a beautiful service.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33046 Feb 17, 2014
El, in re to agave nectar, for your consideration;

http://nourishedkitchen.com/when-natural-food...

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrit...
This one,#s 4 and 5 gave me pause.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33047 Feb 17, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion,_Indiana#...
"The event in Marion was notable as the last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Fruit
Billie Holiday most known for song.
"Strange Fruit" is a poem written by Abel Meeropol, a white, Jewish high school teacher from the Bronx and a member of the Communist Party, as a protest against lynchings. He sometimes published under the pen name Lewis Allan, after two sons who were stillborn.[6][7]
The lyrics, very similar to those of Théodore de Banville's poem "Le Verger Du Roi Louis" written seventy years before, are under copyright but have been republished in full in an
>>>> academic journal, with permission.[8] In the poem, Meeropol expressed his horror at >>>>lynchings. He had seen Lawrence Beitler's photograph of the 1930 lynching of Thomas >>>>Shipp and Abram Smith in Marion, Indiana.[7] He published the poem under the title
"Bitter Fruit" in 1937 in The New York Teacher, a union magazine.[9] Though Meeropol had often asked others (notably Earl Robinson) to set his poems to music, he set "Strange Fruit" to music himself and the piece gained a certain success as a protest song in and around New York. Meeropol, his wife, and black vocalist Laura Duncan performed it at Madison Square Garden.[10]
Something CRAZY, my great-grandfather was the constable of Marion when that happened. My grandfather was a young boy and though told to stay home when his father got wind of it and left to try to stop it, he snuck off on his bike to follow him, and almost witnessed his father coming to his end, too. Great-grandpa resigned the next day, and it haunted him until his death. Ironic, that they lived in the home my great grandmother was born in, in 1899; and that house was built by her family in 1844, and a part of the Underground Railroad. It was on the National Register of Historic Places, until it burned down in the late 90s.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#33048 Feb 18, 2014
morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE .....

a whopping 28 plus degrees here , damn better start Robin
looking ..... well it is spring any how baseball camps open Tues or Weds next week ....

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33049 Feb 18, 2014
Good morning El and all in the kitchen. Going to be 77 in Dallas today
SIPPI CUP

Durand, MI

#33050 Feb 18, 2014
got dumped on again last night, 6 feet deep in the back

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#33051 Feb 18, 2014
ever wonder , how deep is snow flurries ..to a dwarf

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#33052 Feb 18, 2014
finally figured out why you don't have midget footballers

grass tickles the balls
SIPPI CUP

Durand, MI

#33053 Feb 18, 2014
tallyho wrote:
ever wonder , how deep is snow flurries ..to a dwarf
how tall of a dwarf?

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33054 Feb 18, 2014
SIPPI CUP wrote:
got dumped on again last night, 6 feet deep in the back
That's hard luck LIM

I'm more worried about the sink holes that keep appearing!
several have shown up in England and one here yesterday near a mine.

hat is SO scary to think the ground could just open up before you with no
warning!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#33055 Feb 18, 2014
your size

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33056 Feb 18, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>lol yes that poster also errs in the assumption that you give a dayum...
I LOVED this! Such a 'Smooth Criminal'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gVsI3Jz4d8cXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Two GREAT links PP..
animals always provide such fun,
and are quite unaware they are doing so. LOL.

I LOVE this one, beautiful
from a few angles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
SIPPI CUP

Durand, MI

#33057 Feb 18, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hard luck LIM
I'm more worried about the sink holes that keep appearing!
several have shown up in England and one here yesterday near a mine.
hat is SO scary to think the ground could just open up before you with no
warning!
it is worse than when the levy breaks cuz the wells are dry

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#33058 Feb 18, 2014
tallyho wrote:
morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE .....
a whopping 28 plus degrees here , damn better start Robin
looking ..... well it is spring any how baseball camps open Tues or Weds next week ....
God greetings back Tally and ... a happy day
to ALL on the thread,
a touch of Spring here today - O joy!
SIPPI CUP

Durand, MI

#33059 Feb 18, 2014
my aquaponic systems are becoming more interesting to a variety of reasons to a more and more diverse audience

been at this for 20 yrs, I am sounding less crazy all the time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 11 min NoSmoke-NoMirrors 77,420
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 147,096
Topix is boring (Jun '13) 28 min David0407 33
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 48 min mrbill3 40,280
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 57 min over 3,654
Police deliver pie after Pizza Hut driver hurt 1 hr Xstain Fumblement... 2
Have you ever said anything good to someone on ... (Oct '12) 1 hr mr goodwrench 93
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Nattitude 5,706
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 20,695
Woman Adds 3rd Breast to Make Herself 'Unattrac... 2 hr Xstain Fumblement... 20
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr Sublime1 1,093
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••