El's Kitchen

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#32847 Feb 12, 2014
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... hey devil dawg hows things in rochester ... we missed a lot of the snow but damn it sure is cold ... good wishes for you and family ... headed to the roach coach heard they got some hot chilli ...
all chili is hot , but all chili isn't good ..hey seahound

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#32848 Feb 12, 2014
DAMN watching the South winter storms , highways grid-locked

man tells you to stay home , stay home ... now they are all in danger... Southerners are not wise to winter driving , under
equipt to handle snow ....

global warming my azz
SIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32849 Feb 12, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
And.. I'l [if I may] add my name to that with a warm HELLO to both
LIM and Tallyho.
top of the morning to ya
SIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32850 Feb 12, 2014
El, look into the cia's involvement in the Gulf of tonkin and realize one here is partly responsible for destroying millions of lives in nam

when he claims his family was at risk from the nazis due to their "education" after what he has done in Nam and said here, well guess what is gonna happen

and that will never change, I have fished and played cards with the people he calls zipperheads in Mississippi, I would take their company over his any day

deal with it

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#32851 Feb 12, 2014
Good evening/ morning Kitchen-eers!

I'm to add a 2 pence "weather or not". My news sources I pay attention to are about this, and I wish for safety for you lot that are getting pounded:

http://news.yahoo.com/storm-threatening-100-m...

And American news in recent days have been about the River Thames and that new tribulation plus adding to the direness of the earlier flooding.

The current snow and ice (I stress ice) storm across the South here has been much in the news too; plus the turning-up and traveling north along the coastal states toward New England (and New York state). There is attention about it because of the lack of preparation, bad official decisions, and just plain lack of personal heed about the storm in the South 2 weeks ago; and the mess involved about that.

We saw the governor of North Carolina advise drivers to stay off the roads and reinforced that with "don't put your stupid hat on". I guess he should have declared a state travel emergency status because hundreds of drivers had their stupid hats on and created grid-lock, accidents, etc. Yep. I guess they didn't learn from the Alabama, Georgia, and Atlanta GA previous travesties.

In middle-earth Indiana, it's going to get above 0 Celsius !!!

#32852 Feb 12, 2014
SIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>top of the morning to ya
SIPPI ???

Sup Cup
SIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32853 Feb 12, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
SIPPI ???
Sup Cup
since I cant spell sippicup seems appropriate

sup Luke
SIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32854 Feb 12, 2014
hey El, ask Tally wacker how much china white he saw the cia bring back to the states to fund their "projects"

after that it was crack in the early 80's, real nice people, truth be told how do you think he got to the bench, they take care of their own so he can take care of them

(((hugs)))

#32855 Feb 12, 2014
Zoo news -- and causes for pauses about how they are managed:

depressed penguins
http://www.theguardian.com/world/the-northern...

Stunned about the reasoning for putting down a healthy young giraffe in the Scandinavian zoo. Stunned. Don't have a problem feeding in front of children and explaining the diet of predators in nature; but don't agree with the public butchering in presence of little kids.

#32856 Feb 12, 2014
RIP -- entertainers

Shirley Temple Black -- and U.S. ambassador

Ronnie Masterson -- Irish actress

Sid Caesar -- American comic genius

Seán Potts -- Irish musician; co-founder The Chieftains

#32857 Feb 12, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Where've I heard that Cuz Luke.....'woke up on a Chelsea morning'......I should know,
can't put my finger on it. A wonderful line anyway.
I don't take much notice of the Welsh derbies, only if they come up against Man U.....
for all that, glad to see Swansea fighting back in particular. Watched the match
between Manchester United and Fulham yesterday afternoon, Man U played their
little hearts out but it ended in a 2-2 draw, in actual fact it should not have, as
5 extra minutes were added on and in that extra time, Fulham scored. Good luck to them
they played very well also, so it made for an exciting game.
The folk in the South of England are having a really rough time of it, and no end to it.
The Sky News interviewer was almost in tears this morning as she spoke to a resident
it is a lady I have always considered 'bland' when reading the news in the studio,
she came across a very compassionate person, they say you learn the character of
people when under duress.
Chelsea Morning -- Joni Mitchell Cuz El; or those who covered it. I guess I first became aware of The Chelsea from an American cinema verite documentary called An American Family; a series shown on early 70s PBS. The eldest son, Lance, of the Loud family in southern California went to NYC to "find himself" and stayed a while at the Chelsea.

The recent Grammy Awards included a Beatles tribute. Moreover, a 4 hour celebratory concert was performed the evening after the Grammys event. This concert was cut for a 2.5 hour telecast on American TV.

This special concert was broadcast on Sunday evening, the 50th anniversary to the day:

Feb. 9
1964 – English rock band The Beatles made their first appearance on American variety show The Ed Sullivan Show before a record-breaking audience, beginning a musical phenomenon known as the British Invasion.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/50-ye...

For those east of the Atlantic Ocean, look at your programming sources to see if this broadcast will be offered over there.

"take a sad song and make it better ... "

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#32859 Feb 12, 2014
education 101:
German planners had in November 1939 called for "the complete destruction" of all Poles. "All Poles", Heinrich Himmler swore, "will disappear from the world"..... The Polish state under German occupation was to be cleared of ethnic Poles and settled by German colonists

Hitler declared that "the object of the war is ... physically to destroy the enemy. That is why I have prepared, for the moment only in the East, my 'Death's Head' formations with orders to kill without pity or mercy all men, women, and children of Polish descent or language.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#32860 Feb 12, 2014
Personal Info:

related by my POP .... his MOM/DAD was a teacher and aircraft factory worker.... educated ..Catholics

the entire family ... lived on a farm just outside a village..

a village was where the markets/government was located
SIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32861 Feb 12, 2014
and how many in your family were machine guned to death, to say nothing of your zipperhead comment, you are a raciest pig
SIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32862 Feb 12, 2014
and what did Sharpton want top talk to you about?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#32863 Feb 12, 2014
Lady El , forgot to tell you if you do get an ad . hover your mouse around it and see if the BLOCK tab pops up ... if so click on it , that is your adblocker

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#32864 Feb 13, 2014
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... hey devil dawg hows things in rochester ... we missed a lot of the snow but damn it sure is cold ... good wishes for you and family ... headed to the roach coach heard they got some hot chilli ...
Hey Mike.....good to see you, is it true that you are holding your very own Winter
Olympics in NY? lol This Winter has been unbelievable, lots of damage here
overnight, no end in sight.
Stay awhile and try some of the Kitchen's own Hot Chilli...guaranteed to be hot hot hot.
Take care this dreadful weather.

Location hidden

#32865 Feb 13, 2014
SIPPI wrote:
hey El, ask Tally wacker how much china white he saw the cia bring back to the states to fund their "projects"
after that it was crack in the early 80's, real nice people, truth be told how do you think he got to the bench, they take care of their own so he can take care of them
(((hugs)))
We can hardly hold Tally responsible for what goes on behind the scenes, you don't
know his feeling now in retrospect, he was barely out of his teens when he was
conscripted, as was my late uncle who in his dotage 'opened up' and spoke about his regret
at what happened at Hiroshima...he being part of the naval crew in the thick of it.
They did what they were told to do.
There were exceptions, granted, but few and far between.
Now please don't patronise me with adding (((hugs))) onto a serious matter such as
this.
It may surprise you to know I was in your country at the time of the war against
Vietnam....friends were drafted.....
My hero then, and now, was Bob Dylan...does that say anything to you?

Location hidden

#32866 Feb 13, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Chelsea Morning -- Joni Mitchell Cuz El; or those who covered it. I guess I first became aware of The Chelsea from an American cinema verite documentary called An American Family; a series shown on early 70s PBS. The eldest son, Lance, of the Loud family in southern California went to NYC to "find himself" and stayed a while at the Chelsea.
The recent Grammy Awards included a Beatles tribute. Moreover, a 4 hour celebratory concert was performed the evening after the Grammys event. This concert was cut for a 2.5 hour telecast on American TV.
This special concert was broadcast on Sunday evening, the 50th anniversary to the day:
Feb. 9
1964 – English rock band The Beatles made their first appearance on American variety show The Ed Sullivan Show before a record-breaking audience, beginning a musical phenomenon known as the British Invasion.
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/50-ye...
For those east of the Atlantic Ocean, look at your programming sources to see if this broadcast will be offered over there.
"take a sad song and make it better ... "
How COULD I have forgotten that Cuz Luke....OF course, Joni Mitchell....where is my
mind at times?
I do wish I had seen that programme which you mention. BBC2 ran a series named
'Arena', they covered a documentary about The Chelsea, I knew many of the folk
depicted. If I remember correctly, George Kleisenger who wrote "Rudolph The Red
Nosed Reindeer' if I am not mistaken,(will check) was in this programme, in his
apartment in which he had trees in pots, a monkey and various reptiles, it was
amazing, in the midst of it all, his baby grand piano. Very much the gentleman,
we had coffee......
I missed the Beatles tribute, nice to know about that happening, I believe Paul and
Ringo sang together...

"oh I believe in yesterday....."

Location hidden

#32867 Feb 13, 2014
Thankful for having power this morning after a Hard Day's
Night!

Quite a lot of damage incurred but no person hurt in this region
that I am aware.....the winds reached 108 mph last night, it
was horrific!

Looking at the weather map on the news this morning, Ireland is badly affected and it would appear the whole of Ireland is without power.
Just to say thinking of you GRACE and wishing you and ALL here a very
Good Morning and a safe day.

'Morning Sir Tally, Deer Whisperer, Denny, LIM, All the Kitcheneers....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Wild 200,689
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 20 min GLEN CARTER 10,581
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 21 min Bezeer 14,492
True False Game (Jun '11) 24 min Fast Learner 12,702
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 25 min GLEN CARTER 3,300
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 28 min GLEN CARTER 60,206
News Former congressman apologizes for Clinton remark 30 min Shucks 155
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 47 min GLEN CARTER 20,538
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr GLEN CARTER 5,017
News Police Respond To St. Cloud Mall On Reports Of ... 1 hr Newt G s Next Wife 128
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 5 hr TheJerseyDevil 351
More from around the web