“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32777 Feb 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
re-posting
Good afternoon El. I hope you have had a fine day. A few months back I bought an old cowboy hat in a garage sale for $5:00. I took it in today and had it cleaned and shaped. The guy asked me how long I had it. I told him the story. After cleaning and shaping it looks brand new and very expensive. Today it would cost $500. It is called a woolie as it is softer and has a longer nap than most hats:)

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#32778 Feb 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Those folk in Somerset have been evacuated now Cuz Luke....
elsewhere they have sent in the Marines to assist.
Well, no, the Chelsea was not depicted in the movie, but didn't miss it,
it was riveting.....so well done. And the icing on the cake for me was
Bob Dylan as a young man appeared at the very end......in fact I
said to P, that sounds like Dylan, he loftily replied 'it IS Dylan' oh
pardon me, lol. Slap handies.
Had enough of this weather, how about you? Has the snow gone yet?
I had an unexpected paddle in water when I went out to the gate this morning
to bring in the re-cycling bins......never seen as much water in my life, all
coming down from the cwms of course.
Thanks for the Somerset and movie update, Cuz El

'woke up on a Chelsea morning'... well, it wasn't Chelsea, but spied the later of the 2nd half match between Swansea City and Cardiff City. Played in a "monsoon", Swansea had the beat of it ... 3 to nil.

Saw on the BBC for PBS that British media is now lamenting "when will Stormageddon end" for you lot on the Isles.

Snow is much like you see on my avatar pic. It's going to be days before it is warm enough to melt away.

Yes, the current weather pattern ... we are *so* over it.

Cheers to the Kitchen-eers!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#32779 Feb 9, 2014
why did you come way over to my thread to harass me with this shit....and what does this have to do with me

LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Hart, MI

Reply
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18816
46 min ago


Judged:
[Racy]

3
[Disagree]

3
[Mean]

3
wow, that is one of the most effed up things you have ever said, my friend was 13 when his village was machine gun to death in the square when they were to be "counted" he grabbed his sister and and ran over a rr embankment to see her head blown in half

then he had gorilla fighters tell him to go north to Macba(Moscow) he refused, killed a German brought his gun and ears to the gorillas and was taken in as a fighter, they slept in trees and fought till the end of the war, he is the most loving and genorous and happiest person I have ever known

more educated than you could ever be

he is the exact opposite of you

you and your time in Nam is more a kin to the nazis in Poland

you are one self adsorbed eff

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#32781 Feb 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon El. I hope you have had a fine day. A few months back I bought an old cowboy hat in a garage sale for $5:00. I took it in today and had it cleaned and shaped. The guy asked me how long I had it. I told him the story. After cleaning and shaping it looks brand new and very expensive. Today it would cost $500. It is called a woolie as it is softer and has a longer nap than most hats:)
By Golly! that some good story,
aren't you the clever one..Denny,

happy for you,

[now they can all sing]>

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32782 Feb 9, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Making a real hot chilli for lunch Den...if you can stand the heat (lol) take a pew!....
This nis a real bad Winter sprung upon us all...do take care if you have to go
out...better still, stay home. Hope you are feeling better....:)
Bring on the heat El :) All you dog lovers hear probably know chocolate can hurt a dog. A vet was on TV and said grapes and avocados are also very bad for a dog. I didn't know that

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#32783 Feb 9, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of YouTube,
look at this.. you and folks here will love it
and the song is appropriate too:-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5h_WpMX-22QXX
That was ADORABLE! Thank you for sharing it! Hubby liked it, too.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#32784 Feb 9, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations are very much in order on the new arrival Paise, and I so agree
with you on the pleasure of seeing them for the first time...quite nothing like it
and I remember that so well with my own brood.
I am so fortunate in having five grandchildren, fthree of whom are boys, each with
the most tremendous sense of humour, and blessed with good looks, the girls
the sweetest girls imaginable....I wouldn't be biased by any chance would I? lol
Thank you El. Nope not biased at all, we can't help it if they're perfect!

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#32785 Feb 10, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>That was ADORABLE! Thank you for sharing it! Hubby liked it, too.
So glad you enjoyed it..
and I come back to you with 'my tail between my legs'
so to speak not having congratulated YOU on your lovely
new grandchild! I admit to feeling blinkered about my own
grand daughter's arrival I had tunnel vision -

only when I NOTICED El's post offering warm congrats
did I scold myself and say 'GRACE, WAKE UP, GIRL'

HEARTIEST congrats PP..
we both share in the grandest of dreams, two perfect little babies
JUST HAVING arrived
on planet Earth..
let's hope the planet will be kind, welcoming and loving to both.

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32786 Feb 10, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Bring on the heat El :) All you dog lovers hear probably know chocolate can hurt a dog. A vet was on TV and said grapes and avocados are also very bad for a dog. I didn't know that
Always useful to know about, thanks Denny and Good Morning. Any warmer
in Texas?

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32787 Feb 10, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
So glad you enjoyed it..
and I come back to you with 'my tail between my legs'
so to speak not having congratulated YOU on your lovely
new grandchild! I admit to feeling blinkered about my own
grand daughter's arrival I had tunnel vision -
only when I NOTICED El's post offering warm congrats
did I scold myself and say 'GRACE, WAKE UP, GIRL'
HEARTIEST congrats PP..
we both share in the grandest of dreams, two perfect little babies
JUST HAVING arrived
on planet Earth..
let's hope the planet will be kind, welcoming and loving to both.
I'm not sure Paise had mentioned it here before Grace, so I shouldn't worry.
Btw, you was ahead of me regards the climate change.....later heard about
Bolivia.
Hope the new baby is coming along in leaps and bounds.

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32788 Feb 10, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon El. I hope you have had a fine day. A few months back I bought an old cowboy hat in a garage sale for $5:00. I took it in today and had it cleaned and shaped. The guy asked me how long I had it. I told him the story. After cleaning and shaping it looks brand new and very expensive. Today it would cost $500. It is called a woolie as it is softer and has a longer nap than most hats:)
How shrewd is that...good for you Denny. Will you keep the hat, or sell it on?

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32789 Feb 10, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the Somerset and movie update, Cuz El
'woke up on a Chelsea morning'... well, it wasn't Chelsea, but spied the later of the 2nd half match between Swansea City and Cardiff City. Played in a "monsoon", Swansea had the beat of it ... 3 to nil.
Saw on the BBC for PBS that British media is now lamenting "when will Stormageddon end" for you lot on the Isles.
Snow is much like you see on my avatar pic. It's going to be days before it is warm enough to melt away.
Yes, the current weather pattern ... we are *so* over it.
Cheers to the Kitchen-eers!
Where've I heard that Cuz Luke.....'woke up on a Chelsea morning'......I should know,
can't put my finger on it. A wonderful line anyway.

I don't take much notice of the Welsh derbies, only if they come up against Man U.....
for all that, glad to see Swansea fighting back in particular. Watched the match
between Manchester United and Fulham yesterday afternoon, Man U played their
little hearts out but it ended in a 2-2 draw, in actual fact it should not have, as
5 extra minutes were added on and in that extra time, Fulham scored. Good luck to them
they played very well also, so it made for an exciting game.

The folk in the South of England are having a really rough time of it, and no end to it.
The Sky News interviewer was almost in tears this morning as she spoke to a resident
it is a lady I have always considered 'bland' when reading the news in the studio,
she came across a very compassionate person, they say you learn the character of
people when under duress.

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32790 Feb 10, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Just turned it on.....OMG Ireland are thrashing Wales,
wait, Wales have just scored....it's looking up for Wales
16-3...lol
So our Welsh neighbours are a bit glub putting it mildly over the result,
the general opinion is, Wales played rubbish!
Scotland didn't do any better, but ENGLAND and IRELAND
played magnificently.

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32791 Feb 10, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you El. Nope not biased at all, we can't help it if they're perfect!
Could be they take after ourselves.......LOL!

Actually some truth in that, as the boys are born impressionists,
both my son (their Dad) and myself have a go at that.

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32792 Feb 10, 2014
"wow that is one of the most effed up things you have ever said, my friend was 13 when his village was machine gun to death in the square when they were to be "counted" he grabbed his sister and and ran over a rr embankment to see her head blown in half

then he had gorilla fighters tell him to go north to Macba(Moscow) he refused, killed a German brought his gun and ears to the gorillas and was taken in as a fighter, they slept in trees and fought till the end of the war, he is the most loving and genorous and happiest person I have ever known

more educated than you could ever be

he is the exact opposite of you

you and your time in Nam is more a kin to the nazis in Poland

you are one self adsorbed eff"

I refuse to ignore this.

What in hell's name has this to do with Tally?

Nam was an entirely different situation, they were not
fighting an Army as such, so who could tell who was who?

Plus, he was not alone, and you have made your feeling perfectly clear,
this is a deliberate taunt and ludicrous.

Civilians have died as a result of battle since the beginning of time.

Take France for instance. After D-Day after 'we' landed in an an attempt to throw the Germans back of the occupied country, in every village we (the Allies) came to, civilians died in the fighting. I DO NOT
consider therefore, my Uncles who were instrumental in the war,
to be akin to the nazis in Poland. It is about 'intention'.

Further, I do not appreciate your deliberate harrassment of this one
man who is a friend in this thread.

Other than that, you have been made most welcome and I like to think that you were not here merely to harrass Tally.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32793 Feb 10, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Always useful to know about, thanks Denny and Good Morning. Any warmer
in Texas?
Overcast and rainy but not that cold.A new week ahead with new challenges :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32794 Feb 10, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
How shrewd is that...good for you Denny. Will you keep the hat, or sell it on?
I will wear it. I have several pair of cowboy boots. At one time I didn't own a pair of shoes :)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#32795 Feb 10, 2014
There was a WAR of words on Radio here today,
about this>

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-w...

I think it is very wrong and had not been thought or reasoned out in advance.

Orther opinions?

thanks.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#32796 Feb 10, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure Paise had mentioned it here before Grace, so I shouldn't worry.
Btw, you was ahead of me regards the climate change.....later heard about
Bolivia.
Hope the new baby is coming along in leaps and bounds.
Thanks El,
I felt bad over it but you eased it for me.

Baby here is doing fine..
like the song says ..

'up all night to get lucky'
but in her case

'up all night to get fed' LOL.

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32797 Feb 10, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
There was a WAR of words on Radio here today,
about this>
http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-w...
I think it is very wrong and had not been thought or reasoned out in advance.
Orther opinions?
thanks.
Grace.
It was totally unnecessary considering that about a dozen places had been
offered to take him...including a wildlife park in North Yorkshire.
It is nothing short of scandalous.
I would add my own opinion that the people responsible for this horrific act should be hauled
up before some sort of committee and banned from caring for animals forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min CJ Rocker 161,922
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 6 min Crazy Beautiful 8,439
News Swingers Can't Swing in Peoria, Ill. Anymore (Apr '11) 10 min Swingsisters 2
News Trio Accused of Running Fake Police Force 13 min TALLYHO 8541 1
News Man Sues When Amputated Leg Turns Up in Trash 23 min TALLYHO 8541 17
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 24 min CJ Rocker 1,567
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 28 min CJ Rocker 8,191
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 43 min Jennifer Renee 10,972
Things that make life eaiser... 2 hr Observer 308
News Study: Beards are filled with poop and 'as dirt... 4 hr Lawrence Wolf 48
More from around the web