Bradford, UK

#32647 Feb 2, 2014
Big Time wrote:
My world is spinning around
Everything is lost that I found
People run, come ride with me
Let's find another place that's free
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =G-HJ5t-5UK0XX
Wonder what Justin and them thought about their first American Tour , You know we don't Always make a Great First Impression,...
They must have been impressed with their reception way back then,
as they kept on going back. I seem to remember George Harrison
having some influence on them.....
Beautiful graphics......

Since: Jun 06

Bradford, UK

#32648 Feb 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for you loss.I know how hard it is El.
Cheers Denny. I didn't intend to mention it, it just slipped out.........

Was watching the main actor in Dallas Buyers Club on Graham Norton last
night.....very interesting guy. Is he a Texan? Regardless, I want to see
that movie.

Bradford, UK

#32649 Feb 2, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Then - I guess u missed my point too.
movies Are movies - not fact...
It's a bit deceiving when they are billed as true stories......

not the end of the world though......Bora Da!....:)

Bradford, UK

#32650 Feb 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Fry up some chicken wings and enjoy the super bowl Pais :)
Thai Red Chicken Curry here......served on Basmati Rice and Chips on the side......

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#32651 Feb 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
All the more reason why I appreciated you taking the trouble to come in the
Kitchen Vee.....
Lost a beloved pet this morning, after a long struggle so a relief he passed
in his sleep overnight. The rain kindly stayed away as we managed to lay
him to rest in the garden next to his old friend Milly. Strangely, the Heavens
opened just as we finished the task.
Was not the best day for me to be in here at all.
Good luck with sorting out your computer probs....
Sorry for you loss of a kitty-kid {{{ Cuz El }}}. You're safe and cozy in wake of foul weather is a good read.

Yesterday evening news covered the continued isolation of Somerset; roads as rivers, only reachable by boats at places (or air).

Good morn/afternoon Kitcheneers!

informs against BS

#32652 Feb 2, 2014
Beatles and their impact/influence ... Super Bowl-related segments, including food ... championship bowling ... more food. Tribute to Pete Seeger ... and more.

Stellar program yet again on American TV this Sunday morning.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sunday-morning/

informs against BS

#32653 Feb 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thai Red Chicken Curry here......served on Basmati Rice and Chips on the side......
Chinese food [chicken, mixed veggies, rice] is on the fare here. It's the Year of the Horse in the Lunar New Year.

Go Broncos!!

informs against BS

#32654 Feb 2, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Chinese food [chicken, mixed veggies, rice] is on the fare here. It's the Year of the Horse in the Lunar New Year.
Go Broncos!!
Received a featured ecard from a special friend for the spirits of the Year of the Horse.

For the selection to use per your desires:

http://www.care2.com/ecards/

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#32655 Feb 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
So much appreciated Paise....he was a most unassuming little fellow who I rescued
from sheltering underneath our car with a broken femur, over 15 years ago.....his
last month on Earth was not a happy one.
Not good news at all about the lack of salt and propane, as if the harsh weather isn't
bad enough to contend with. What will happen there, will supplies be brought into
the areas concerned?....vital that folk have some heating of course. Our 'state of
art' green energy pump gave up the ghost yesterday for all of a couple of hours,
and I was panicking I can tell you. Miraculously I turned it completely off and on
again and this seemed to do the trick. Phew!
I hope people who are in need take advantage of the shelters, those could really
save lives and is an excellent thing for the community to provide.
A lovely Winter's day here, sunny, and actually dry, but oh, so cold!
Another little kitty who found salvation and a life of love, with you. Bless you for that!
Folks are turning to the portable space heaters, and now they too, are in short supply on the store shelves. Also house-fire incidents with fatalities, caused by space heaters are on the rise. My sis heats with propane and they have run out, so they're using space heaters now too. They already had two smoke detectors in their home, I replaced the batteries in those two, and took over two more detectors, myself. I'm not sure what folks can do other than wait it out. This morning we got confirmation that two more major snow events are on the way this week, with another record-setting cold snap to follow; no end in sight to this weather pattern, just like for y'all.
For the folks who heat with other energies; like electricity and natural gas, their monthly heating bills are setting records, too. Last Winter we switched to a woodstove for heat. Made sense since we get paid to take so much good wood from the properties of our customers throughout the warm months. I feel so fortunate for having made that decision. We have more than enough wood for the coldest of Winters, and not only is it free, we got paid to bring it here. These storms have brought frequent power outages with record chills (temps like -18F with wind chills of -30F) and we don't have to worry about those, either.
My cats are going stir crazy. They don't like the cold or snow one bit, and have to meow at the door every couple of hours just to check and see if it went away, lol.

Lovely story about the grandfathers who were WW vets! Time does heal all wounds, if allowed.

Bradford, UK

#32656 Feb 2, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Broncos!!
Sounds good to me!...:)

Have been watching the pre-game discussions, something about the defence of Denver
as opposed to the offence of Seattle...but it went over my head afraid.

Just over an hour until it all kicks off....good that the really bad weather kept at bay.

Enjoy the game....

Bradford, UK

#32657 Feb 2, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for you loss of a kitty-kid {{{ Cuz El }}}. You're safe and cozy in wake of foul weather is a good read.
Yesterday evening news covered the continued isolation of Somerset; roads as rivers, only reachable by boats at places (or air).
Good morn/afternoon Kitcheneers!
...:)

The situation in Somerset is appalling...contaminated water now.

Time I wasn't here.....

Good Night Cuz Luke......

'Night Everyone here today.....

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32658 Feb 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Fry up some chicken wings and enjoy the super bowl Pais :)
Hello Denny! Wings are good! But today I've got my own Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Pasta casserole in the oven today! With a head of oven-roasted broccoli and a good ciabatta bread! Come on up! No wait, I think I-65 may be closed down again due to ice, lol.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32659 Feb 2, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Only you can tell this eloquent story. Today in the U.S.A. we are having our Super Bowl! It may have something to do with marijuana because both teams are from states that are legalized! They Photo Shopped the Award that made the Award into a big bong!
It's the Doober Bowl! This Indy fan is still #Peyton4Life, go Broncos!

Bradford, UK

#32660 Feb 3, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Another little kitty who found salvation and a life of love, with you. Bless you for that!
Folks are turning to the portable space heaters, and now they too, are in short supply on the store shelves. Also house-fire incidents with fatalities, caused by space heaters are on the rise. My sis heats with propane and they have run out, so they're using space heaters now too. They already had two smoke detectors in their home, I replaced the batteries in those two, and took over two more detectors, myself. I'm not sure what folks can do other than wait it out. This morning we got confirmation that two more major snow events are on the way this week, with another record-setting cold snap to follow; no end in sight to this weather pattern, just like for y'all.
For the folks who heat with other energies; like electricity and natural gas, their monthly heating bills are setting records, too. Last Winter we switched to a woodstove for heat. Made sense since we get paid to take so much good wood from the properties of our customers throughout the warm months. I feel so fortunate for having made that decision. We have more than enough wood for the coldest of Winters, and not only is it free, we got paid to bring it here. These storms have brought frequent power outages with record chills (temps like -18F with wind chills of -30F) and we don't have to worry about those, either.
My cats are going stir crazy. They don't like the cold or snow one bit, and have to meow at the door every couple of hours just to check and see if it went away, lol.
Lovely story about the grandfathers who were WW vets! Time does heal all wounds, if allowed.
'Morning Paise.....you wasn't here last night when I posted.....just so ya know!
I looked at space heaters online as a different name for them here, so handy
to have in an emergency. My brother has a Halogen heater to supplement his
central heating, his heating is natural gas so he is lucky in that respect.
Your mind will be at rest having seen to it your sister is all up to date with the
heat detectors...good for you.
You are talking about seriously cold weather over there, just hope it doesn't last
too long for y'all.
I read something on another thread about years ago a poster had not a/c in their home.
I think I was married before we had central heating, it was a case of heating the home
with a coal fire when I was young, I remember the icicles on the bedroom window to
this day...and that was inside! I don't know how we survived. lol
Actually, the house I had prior to moving here had a wood burning fire, the whole cottage
was toasty warm permanently...so how jammy is that to be paid to take the wood away
and put it to good use....:) A neighbour has a wood burning stove, he disappears into
the woods periodically and replenishes his log pile......doesn't cost him a penny.
Our heating bills are enormous. I would never have had this air sourced heat pump
from choice....but apparently Europe gave this county a grant to provide the homes
with this type of heating. But, better than nowt as they say in Lancashire.
I recorded the game last night as it started too late for us, will catch it later. Looks
very exciting by the few highlights I saw on the news this morning.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#32661 Feb 3, 2014
Yesterday Sunday February 2nd -
I became proud GRANNY to a beautiful baby girl...
there were rumblings of the forthcoming event since Saturday..

I am OVER THE MOON..
as, up to now, the male
seemed to have dominance in our family.

I'm ALSO so appreciative of having lived to see another grandchild..
that might sound a bit exaggerated to younger folks-
but when you are older, these things count for 'so much'

Will see her, for the 1st time this afternoon.

"SO MUCH" to be thankful for.

Bradford, UK

#32662 Feb 3, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Yesterday Sunday February 2nd -
I became proud GRANNY to a beautiful baby girl...
there were rumblings of the forthcoming event since Saturday..
I am OVER THE MOON..
as, up to now, the male
seemed to have dominance in our family.
I'm ALSO so appreciative of having lived to see another grandchild..
that might sound a bit exaggerated to younger folks-
but when you are older, these things count for 'so much'
Will see her, for the 1st time this afternoon.
"SO MUCH" to be thankful for.
Many Congratulations Grace....this is indeed wonderful news.

Congratulations too to the baby's parents, they must be overjoyed.

Time to bring out the bubbly.....:)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32663 Feb 3, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Denny! Wings are good! But today I've got my own Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Pasta casserole in the oven today! With a head of oven-roasted broccoli and a good ciabatta bread! Come on up! No wait, I think I-65 may be closed down again due to ice, lol.
That sounds great. We went to our favorite seafood place and I had some great fried oysters YUM!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32664 Feb 3, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Congratulations Grace....this is indeed wonderful news.
Congratulations too to the baby's parents, they must be overjoyed.
Time to bring out the bubbly.....:)
Good morning El and Grace and all in the kitchen. We were supposed to have a big ice storm but we lucked out and it stopped raining so no ice :)

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32665 Feb 3, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Paise.....you wasn't here last night when I posted.....just so ya know!
Your mind will be at rest having seen to it your sister is all up to date with the
You are talking about seriously cold weather over there, just hope it doesn't last
too long for y'all.
I read something on another thread about years ago a poster had not a/c in their home.
I think I was married before we had central heating, it was a case of heating the home
with a coal fire when I was young, I remember the icicles on the bedroom window to
Actually, the house I had prior to moving here had a wood burning fire, the whole cottage
was toasty warm permanently...so how jammy is that to be paid to take the wood away
and put it to good use....:) A neighbour has a wood burning stove, he disappears into
the woods periodically and replenishes his log pile......doesn't cost him a penny.
Our heating bills are enormous. I would never have had this air sourced heat pump
from choice....but apparently Europe gave this county a grant to provide the homes
I recorded the game last night as it started too late for us, will catch it later. Looks
Toasty warm, yes that seems to be the affect of the woodstove, this is the first full Winter we've used it and I couldn't be more pleased. It will dry out the air something fierce though, so I always have a pot of water sitting up on it and also use an air humidifier.

So we have more snow forecast for tomorrow, another 10 inches or so...sheesh. And another heavy snow event expected for the weekend.
About 10 days ago, I rewrote a popular ditty to reflect our sentiments here in the Hoosier State, I think I'll share it with y'all;

Let It Snow?

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
and the fire is for survival;
we all have places to gooooo,
Stop the snow, stop the snow, stop the snow!

Oh it doesn't show signs of stoppin'
the electric meter's hoppin',
though the lights are turned way down lowwwww,
Stop the snow stop the snow stop the snow!

When we slide right on through the light,
how we hate going out in the storm,
with enough bread and milk we might,
gain enough weight to stay warm!

The fica is slowly dying
The fighting kids are crying,
But as long as these schools stay closed,

STOP THE SNOW! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE STOP!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32666 Feb 3, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
too long for y'all.
Oh, and the game was a ROUT! Seattle just killed them.
Have a great Monday!
<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min Papa Smurfaletto 10,950
GMGMike's Bar And Grill (Jan '10) 3 min liam cul8r 20,410
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 7 min Whiny1 3,303
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 8 min Whiny1 18,686
Some day, I would love to_______________? (Sep '12) 8 min Dr Wu 427
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 13 min Whiny1 1,593
News Study: Beards are filled with poop and 'as dirt... 14 min Baptistism by Proxy 12
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min wichita-rick 161,871
Things that make life eaiser... 1 hr honeymylove 290
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 4 hr Mechanic 218
More from around the web