El's Kitchen

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32640 Feb 2, 2014
Only you can tell this eloquent story. Today in the U.S.A. we are having our Super Bowl! It may have something to do with marijuana because both teams are from states that are legalized! They Photo Shopped the Award that made the Award into a big bong!

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#32641 Feb 2, 2014
My world is spinning around
Everything is lost that I found
People run, come ride with me
Let's find another place that's free

Wonder what Justin and them thought about their first American Tour , You know we don't Always make a Great First Impression,...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32642 Feb 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
All the more reason why I appreciated you taking the trouble to come in the
Kitchen Vee.....
Lost a beloved pet this morning, after a long struggle so a relief he passed
in his sleep overnight. The rain kindly stayed away as we managed to lay
him to rest in the garden next to his old friend Milly. Strangely, the Heavens
opened just as we finished the task.
Was not the best day for me to be in here at all.
Good luck with sorting out your computer probs....
Sorry for you loss.I know how hard it is El.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32643 Feb 2, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Well I'm glad to hear it hasn't been too bad there for you!
And I'm sorry about your loss, even the easiest that they go, isn't easy.
We're having a little ice storm tonight, normally this forecast would've caused some panic, some runs on dairy and bread at the grocery; but this Winter folks see it as a mild event, benign, even, lol. Now we have some REAL weather coming Tuesday, and another deep freeze to follow. Sheesh. Our town is running low on salt, and the frigid temps have many states in our region running out of propane, used by many in rural areas in folks' furnaces. Here they've actually opened a few shelters for folks who don't have nor can afford the now very expensive heating fuel. At least it's not boring, and that's the only good thing I can say about it.
Here's hoping better weather is headed both our ways.
Fry up some chicken wings and enjoy the super bowl Pais :)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32644 Feb 2, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>thank you backing up my point. When I was a kid, here in canada, I saw hundreds of war movies, most of them Amrican made ... hardly saw a brit or a frenchman except for small bit parts, I hardly realized that Russia, POland, and dozens of other countries were involved.... until I was in my 20's I too thought that the USA played the biggest part in WWII .. but the stats show it is the opposite, less than 20%...
Germany lost as many soldiers fighting RUssia as they did on the western front ... I never heard that , not even in school.
Then - I guess u missed my point too.
movies Are movies - not fact...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32645 Feb 2, 2014
_my thoughts_ wrote:
I hope that spring hurrys and gets here !
I have had enough of this cold weather.
yeah, ur right, its cold

everywhere.
I've had enough of it too..

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#32646 Feb 2, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Only you can tell this eloquent story. Today in the U.S.A. we are having our Super Bowl! It may have something to do with marijuana because both teams are from states that are legalized! They Photo Shopped the Award that made the Award into a big bong!
Tuning in to watch the Pre Game Show at 19.00 GMT. The game itself is on at
10 pm over here......who are you supporting?

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32647 Feb 2, 2014
Big Time wrote:
My world is spinning around
Everything is lost that I found
People run, come ride with me
Let's find another place that's free
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =G-HJ5t-5UK0XX
Wonder what Justin and them thought about their first American Tour , You know we don't Always make a Great First Impression,...
They must have been impressed with their reception way back then,
as they kept on going back. I seem to remember George Harrison
having some influence on them.....
Beautiful graphics......

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32648 Feb 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for you loss.I know how hard it is El.
Cheers Denny. I didn't intend to mention it, it just slipped out.........

Was watching the main actor in Dallas Buyers Club on Graham Norton last
night.....very interesting guy. Is he a Texan? Regardless, I want to see
that movie.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32649 Feb 2, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Then - I guess u missed my point too.
movies Are movies - not fact...
It's a bit deceiving when they are billed as true stories......

not the end of the world though......Bora Da!....:)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32650 Feb 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Fry up some chicken wings and enjoy the super bowl Pais :)
Thai Red Chicken Curry here......served on Basmati Rice and Chips on the side......

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#32651 Feb 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
All the more reason why I appreciated you taking the trouble to come in the
Kitchen Vee.....
Lost a beloved pet this morning, after a long struggle so a relief he passed
in his sleep overnight. The rain kindly stayed away as we managed to lay
him to rest in the garden next to his old friend Milly. Strangely, the Heavens
opened just as we finished the task.
Was not the best day for me to be in here at all.
Good luck with sorting out your computer probs....
Sorry for you loss of a kitty-kid {{{ Cuz El }}}. You're safe and cozy in wake of foul weather is a good read.

Yesterday evening news covered the continued isolation of Somerset; roads as rivers, only reachable by boats at places (or air).

Good morn/afternoon Kitcheneers!

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#32652 Feb 2, 2014
Beatles and their impact/influence ... Super Bowl-related segments, including food ... championship bowling ... more food. Tribute to Pete Seeger ... and more.

Stellar program yet again on American TV this Sunday morning.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sunday-morning/

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#32653 Feb 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thai Red Chicken Curry here......served on Basmati Rice and Chips on the side......
Chinese food [chicken, mixed veggies, rice] is on the fare here. It's the Year of the Horse in the Lunar New Year.

Go Broncos!!

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#32654 Feb 2, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Chinese food [chicken, mixed veggies, rice] is on the fare here. It's the Year of the Horse in the Lunar New Year.
Go Broncos!!
Received a featured ecard from a special friend for the spirits of the Year of the Horse.

For the selection to use per your desires:

http://www.care2.com/ecards/

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#32655 Feb 2, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
So much appreciated Paise....he was a most unassuming little fellow who I rescued
from sheltering underneath our car with a broken femur, over 15 years ago.....his
last month on Earth was not a happy one.
Not good news at all about the lack of salt and propane, as if the harsh weather isn't
bad enough to contend with. What will happen there, will supplies be brought into
the areas concerned?....vital that folk have some heating of course. Our 'state of
art' green energy pump gave up the ghost yesterday for all of a couple of hours,
and I was panicking I can tell you. Miraculously I turned it completely off and on
again and this seemed to do the trick. Phew!
I hope people who are in need take advantage of the shelters, those could really
save lives and is an excellent thing for the community to provide.
A lovely Winter's day here, sunny, and actually dry, but oh, so cold!
Another little kitty who found salvation and a life of love, with you. Bless you for that!
Folks are turning to the portable space heaters, and now they too, are in short supply on the store shelves. Also house-fire incidents with fatalities, caused by space heaters are on the rise. My sis heats with propane and they have run out, so they're using space heaters now too. They already had two smoke detectors in their home, I replaced the batteries in those two, and took over two more detectors, myself. I'm not sure what folks can do other than wait it out. This morning we got confirmation that two more major snow events are on the way this week, with another record-setting cold snap to follow; no end in sight to this weather pattern, just like for y'all.
For the folks who heat with other energies; like electricity and natural gas, their monthly heating bills are setting records, too. Last Winter we switched to a woodstove for heat. Made sense since we get paid to take so much good wood from the properties of our customers throughout the warm months. I feel so fortunate for having made that decision. We have more than enough wood for the coldest of Winters, and not only is it free, we got paid to bring it here. These storms have brought frequent power outages with record chills (temps like -18F with wind chills of -30F) and we don't have to worry about those, either.
My cats are going stir crazy. They don't like the cold or snow one bit, and have to meow at the door every couple of hours just to check and see if it went away, lol.

Lovely story about the grandfathers who were WW vets! Time does heal all wounds, if allowed.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32656 Feb 2, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Broncos!!
Sounds good to me!...:)

Have been watching the pre-game discussions, something about the defence of Denver
as opposed to the offence of Seattle...but it went over my head afraid.

Just over an hour until it all kicks off....good that the really bad weather kept at bay.

Enjoy the game....

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32657 Feb 2, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for you loss of a kitty-kid {{{ Cuz El }}}. You're safe and cozy in wake of foul weather is a good read.
Yesterday evening news covered the continued isolation of Somerset; roads as rivers, only reachable by boats at places (or air).
Good morn/afternoon Kitcheneers!
...:)

The situation in Somerset is appalling...contaminated water now.

Time I wasn't here.....

Good Night Cuz Luke......

'Night Everyone here today.....

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32658 Feb 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Fry up some chicken wings and enjoy the super bowl Pais :)
Hello Denny! Wings are good! But today I've got my own Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Pasta casserole in the oven today! With a head of oven-roasted broccoli and a good ciabatta bread! Come on up! No wait, I think I-65 may be closed down again due to ice, lol.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32659 Feb 2, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
It's the Doober Bowl! This Indy fan is still #Peyton4Life, go Broncos!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 7 min Pardon Pard 38,752
I think I'm going to be sick! 9 min Faith 5
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 12 min I Am Enzo - The B... 6,576
Replace one letter in word>>> (Oct '15) 31 min wichita-rick 407
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 35 min whatimeisit 3,948
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 38 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,740
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 42 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,005
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr honeymylove 150,662
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 31,041
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr xxxooxxx 225,396
Anonymous - Message to Hillary Clinton 7 hr Sublime1 48
More from around the web