Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
"praying that all will be well for mother & child -
'nothing else' matters."
Hear, hear Grace! And then we celebrate!:)
Thanks and appreciated, DW.

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Good afternoon ladies. It is windy and going under 0 degrees Celsius today. Yesterday it was shorts, Tee Shirts, and sunshine. It was great to see Sir Paul and Ringo play together again at the Grammy Awards last night. The 50th anniversary when the came to the U.S.A...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

just wanted to join in and say good morning to all ...
I enjoyed the whole Grammy Awards program ... very intertaining !

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>WHen I was a regular in a gym (in my mid 20's) what we called a gym rat was the little wimpy guy who wished he could be like us (the serious athletes) LOL!!!
sadly, I think I look more like a gym rat when I go these days ...
LOL, Good morning, Franko ... Aw, you're alright in my book I don't care what anybody around here says about you, haha J/K J/K *wink*... looks don't matter ...it's what's inside your Heart and Soul that matters ... I taught my niece to play that on the piano, both parts ... My S-I-L silently (with her hands) thanked me ... I'll never forget that day ... My niece was so excited ...

Today, I'll have a facial at 1445 and take in a movie, LONE SURVIVOR afterwards ... will do HEP (home exercise program) when I return home ...

80 yesterday ... 50's today with cold snap moving in overnight with highs in mid 30's tomorrow ... yep, This is Texas ... wait 15 minutes, it'll change, LOL ...

Best of days to you, sweets! Enjoy it! Hearts, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, enjoy just about every segment on that program every Sunday.
And it was great that they celebrated their 35th birthday! "Sunday Morning" started with Charles Kuralt, who did the original "On The Road" pieces that Hartman does now.
GM ... yes, I know that & I LOVED Charles Kuralt ... I looked so forward to him on Sunday mornings ... my daddy got me hooked on that CBS Sunday mornings we'd watch at my grandma's home while my siblings got stuck going to church with my mom, ha! Altogether a different story there, heh ... That show is so informative and feel good; how can anyone not watch it ... I love Steve Hartman and can hardly wait for his 5 minute segment 1755 on Friday evenings but if I do miss I usually catch it on Sunday mornings ...

Got things to do and people to see ... Good day ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Good afternoon ladies. It is windy and going under 0 degrees Celsius today. Yesterday it was shorts, Tee Shirts, and sunshine. It was great to see Sir Paul and Ringo play together again at the Grammy Awards last night. The 50th anniversary when the came to the U.S.A...
The Grammy's are not what they used to be ... I don't do hip hop or (c)rap ... I missed Madonna and Metallica ... Pink did an awesome job in mid-air ... how could she sing and do the acrobats in mid-air ... amazing!!!!... The song Taylo Swift while at piano did on piano was exceptionally well. I wonder how a girl that young of age know so much about heartache and angst? Troubling but man, that was a good song right from the heart ... I liked the country with Willie, Kris, Merle, Blake ... that made me happy ... Seemed like old Grammy times ... but the old are going out and THIS IS WHAT we are calling NEW? Lord, save us!... Hope you enjoyed what you enjoyed while watching the Grammy's ... I totally enjoyed the Ringo/Paul reunion ... that was ever so cool ... Ringo still can't sing but I love him just the same ... He sure as heck looked good and healthy! I was lucky to see Paul in concert, 2nd row in Austin last summer ... Can you saw AWESOME? Yes, it was! You can see pics on my Facebook ... Nice to see you ... Catch you around the corner, my friend ... Luvya, mean it! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>it might be a thrill but its not the kind of thrill I would want to experience in a bedroom ... I mean, what would someone have to do to me to make me THAT high on adreneline?
>grins< I'm not in a 'position' to reveal that at this time ... get back to you later ...*wink*...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Good afternoon, Lady El ... Happy Monday ... hope it's a good one ... facial and movies today ... Mark Wahlberg and The Lone Survivor ... HAVE to see it on the big screen ... might be movie of the year ... Enjoy the rest of your afternoon and evening ... Hello to P & treats for the kittens ... Love, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Best wishes for a warm cozy day ... FC ...

1973 ... it was a very good year

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
The Grammy's are not what they used to be ... I don't do hip hop or (c)rap ... I missed Madonna and Metallica ... Pink did an awesome job in mid-air ... how could she sing and do the acrobats in mid-air ... amazing!!!!... The song Taylo Swift while at piano did on piano was exceptionally well. I wonder how a girl that young of age know so much about heartache and angst? Troubling but man, that was a good song right from the heart ... I liked the country with Willie, Kris, Merle, Blake ... that made me happy ... Seemed like old Grammy times ... but the old are going out and THIS IS WHAT we are calling NEW? Lord, save us!... Hope you enjoyed what you enjoyed while watching the Grammy's ... I totally enjoyed the Ringo/Paul reunion ... that was ever so cool ... Ringo still can't sing but I love him just the same ... He sure as heck looked good and healthy! I was lucky to see Paul in concert, 2nd row in Austin last summer ... Can you saw AWESOME? Yes, it was! You can see pics on my Facebook ... Nice to see you ... Catch you around the corner, my friend ... Luvya, mean it! FC <3 ...
Hi FC,
I see by your posts your weather is rather changeable over there
[so far away]

One of my sons [who is a music producer]
is the proud owner of a GRAMMY for work he did with a
group, a few years ago. The Group got an individual Grammy, as did he.
I mentioned it here at the time..

I can tell you ..didn't do his career any harm:)
they're beating down his door ever since for his services!

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

I know that Terry "Duh" to us]
is held in very high regard here on this thread -

therefore ... to mention that today January 27 is Duh's birthday -

there's a birthday thread on Offbeat for him..
for anyone's interested.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

So late getting here today, well, I did look in earlier, after all
I am not going to Grace's news....but am committed to doing
some research for a FHS (Family History Society) so a trip
down to the Archives this afternoon, luckily I found what I
was looking for.
Occasionally I do this when extra funds are needed, I have an older
cat needing surgery......
Watched the 'Red Carpet' this evening as the Grammys are not
shown here until tomorrow night. Some cool dudes on that carpet
lol. Good to see all the various Gendres represented, I look
forward to seeing Ringo and Paul perform together...although would
have liked to hear them sing a 'Beatles' number. 50 years eh?
Amazing.
We are expecting a cold snap mid-week onwards.....
Hoping to fit in a visit to the gardens at Chirk Castle sometime soon
they have a wonderful display of Snowdrops.
Will bid you all Good Night and enjoy the rest of your evening.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Good morning, Franko ... Aw, you're alright in my book I don't care what anybody around here says about you, haha J/K J/K *wink*... looks don't matter ...it's what's inside your Heart and Soul that matters ... I taught my niece to play that on the piano, both parts ... My S-I-L silently (with her hands) thanked me ... I'll never forget that day ... My niece was so excited ...
Today, I'll have a facial at 1445 and take in a movie, LONE SURVIVOR afterwards ... will do HEP (home exercise program) when I return home ...
80 yesterday ... 50's today with cold snap moving in overnight with highs in mid 30's tomorrow ... yep, This is Texas ... wait 15 minutes, it'll change, LOL ...
Best of days to you, sweets! Enjoy it! Hearts, FC <3 ...
what have people been saying??(Looks around the room at everyone else hoping no one notices ...)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
>grins< I'm not in a 'position' to reveal that at this time ... get back to you later ...*wink*...
this is getting interesting .....

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

You say Ringo can't sing? I have been listening to Mick Jagger for 50 years and have no clue what his lyrics are! Kris Kristophersonn? was being interviewed about being a famous singer and Kris replied, "Singer!?" "Hell I can't sing!" "I'm a writer!" I went to my basement years ago and tried singing while playing my banjo. My wife called the ambulance.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Good morning El and all in the kitchen. 26 here this morning. I have been sick for a few days with a bad cold. Last night I sweated it out and feel much better this morning ; ) Nothing worse than waking up wet and cold

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning El and all in the kitchen. 26 here this morning. I have been sick for a few days with a bad cold. Last night I sweated it out and feel much better this morning ; ) Nothing worse than waking up wet and cold

Here in the Nashville area we had a lot of mortalities because of the H1N1? Bird Flu. Take care of yourself.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in the Nashville area we had a lot of mortalities because of the H1N1? Bird Flu. Take care of yourself.
It isn't the flu thank heaven. Just a very bad cold but I am much better now:)

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't the flu thank heaven. Just a very bad cold but I am much better now:)
Glad to hear you managed to shake it off Denny.

Let me re-phrase that, lol. Glad to hear you are feeling much better.

I think Spring must be in the air....:)

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
You say Ringo can't sing? I have been listening to Mick Jagger for 50 years and have no clue what his lyrics are! Kris Kristophersonn? was being interviewed about being a famous singer and Kris replied, "Singer!?" "Hell I can't sing!" "I'm a writer!" I went to my basement years ago and tried singing while playing my banjo. My wife called the ambulance.
You can't understand Mick Jagger's lyrics? What's the matter with you MH?....lol

J/K

Kris K is quite right though in what he says, he is primarily a song-writer...and an actor,
one of the best.

See Pete Seager died, grand old age.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••