“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#32362 Jan 16, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thankyou for the link...matter of fact I checked it out and was requested to insert
my zip...so I inserted the one I had when 'over there'...some fantastic programmes to
be had, but could not find Rick Steves in Europe.....everywhere but. That fellow sure
gets around, I will look forward to watching some of his more exotic trips abroard.
My bro is in the far North of England, but a stones throw from Scotland. I know
Edinburgh quite well, wonderful city.
Good Morning to you Cuz.
Cuz El. You're welcome. Steves stuff should have been in Travel category on the Home page. Sorry. Oh, that prompt box thing ... I click the X upper-right corner. It also has a check-off for "do not show prompt again". I suppose I should do that. I never localize. Since you localized, maybe Steves isn't on the current schedule where you lived here.

I learnt that England was bombed from the air by Germany during ... World War ONE ... using Zeppelins. This was NOVA fare yesterday eve.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/military/zeppeli...

informs against BS

#32363 Jan 16, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a clever illusion, who would have thought!...:)
Your weather is pretty much up and down isn't it? It is consistently cold here,
today it's bitter. Still waiting for snow.
"Still waiting for snow." I wish you had what I just got after getting through last week +. It's sort of bitter in the last 2 days as well.

I'm getting kind of bitter about it. I'm ready for March and Spring !!!!

informs against BS

#32364 Jan 16, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I want to really thanks>
DEER WHISPERER - FRANKO - DENNIS - FLOWER CHILD- PFfff -here
and>
VEE and El and BRIGITTE (through PMS)
who sympathised with me..
ALL *seriously appreciated*
funny how
other human contact [in words] can mean so much...
in such times.
T h a n k s.
The next item on the agenda >
the pending birth of my grandchild will hopefully make
a happy balance to life's circle...
and El,
hope you have the champagne glasses polished and ready! ha ha!
Cheers, Grace!

informs against BS

#32365 Jan 16, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
So, medical review today not good. Will know more next Thursday, I hope, but on the basis of today. she-who-must-be-obeyed is returning from Europe.
Sorry to read about this bump, Tony. Having the missus back makes the wait for next report better. Positive vibes are better with closeness, rather than distance.

Cheers!

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#32366 Jan 16, 2014
Princess Hey wrote:
sorry for your loss Grace,my heart goes out to you..hope the sun is shining in your world today..:o)<3
PRINCESS,
THANK YOU very much for above post -
appreciated.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#32367 Jan 16, 2014
Deer Whisperer did you know that Grazin' in the grass was a song from the group, Friends of Distinction? Also re-done by Hugh Masakela on trumpet!? Plus, the beginning of the song is in a car advertisement here in the USA!

Graze on!

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32368 Jan 17, 2014
El,
Meant to ask,
Have you started watching THE VOICE which has just
started?
Tom Jones is on it again, I'm glad he is,
+ Kylie Minogue she seems very nice too,
they have netted a few very good singers already.

Have you been watching SHERLOCK?
Very stylish.

Tony,
You are in our thoughts.

Good greeting to all here
and hoping you'll have a restful weekend.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32369 Jan 17, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon to you PFfff and the rest of the Kitchen-eers!
I changed my avatar pic too soon. By Wednesday morn, just about all the foot-deep snow had disappeared, so I changed my avatar. Inspired by "The Private Life of Deer" :
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/category/episo...
But now, snow that started Wednesday evening through noon-ish has accumulated to 1.5-2 inches. Back to winterwonderland, I suppose. geesh.
While on the deer link, I saw reference to:
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/my-li...
An "odd news" story from the web -- and by the photos about this which the comments below story reinforce -- take the "attack" with a grain of salt. Owls can hurt you bad.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/why-are-o...
thanks Luke!
I recently saw the deer one advertised on tv. didn't see it but looked interesting. PBS puts a lot of good stuff on.
the turkey one, reminds me the time I look out our back and as usual there were some walking around, but this time one had his back rear feathers all spread out like he was some hotshot. lol I was thrilled - ran got my cell phone camera but couldn't remember how to zoom in for the picture. lol (those darn new fangled inventions!- lol - I still don't know how. LOL)
did u see the U tube one where the turkey is chasing the Fed X guy around? so funny.

Happy Weekend Everyone!
Bora Da!
:]

informs against BS

#32370 Jan 17, 2014
Boomer7 wrote:
Deer Whisperer did you know that Grazin' in the grass was a song from the group, Friends of Distinction? Also re-done by Hugh Masakela on trumpet!? Plus, the beginning of the song is in a car advertisement here in the USA!
Graze on!
Boomer! How ye be? Glad to see you having some time to be here.

Yes on all counts, but I can't remember which car brand. That tune was firing those same synapses as I changed my avatar. I'm about ready to change back to winterwonderland though. Ground is not now seen once again because of snow accumulation.

And the temp and wind is bitter-ish But the sun is sort of shining!

Speaking of: Was it as bad in mid-Ohio as it was in middle-earth Indiana ?

Good afternoon/evening Kitchen-eers!

informs against BS

#32371 Jan 17, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks Luke!
I recently saw the deer one advertised on tv. didn't see it but looked interesting. PBS puts a lot of good stuff on.
the turkey one, reminds me the time I look out our back and as usual there were some walking around, but this time one had his back rear feathers all spread out like he was some hotshot. lol I was thrilled - ran got my cell phone camera but couldn't remember how to zoom in for the picture. lol (those darn new fangled inventions!- lol - I still don't know how. LOL)
did u see the U tube one where the turkey is chasing the Fed X guy around? so funny.
Happy Weekend Everyone!
Bora Da!
:]
Happy weekend to you too! Yeah, I saw that turkey/Fed Ex guy video on either weekend Good Morning America or on Inside Edition in the past week. Pretty funny indeed.

Bora, bora, bora!

informs against BS

#32372 Jan 17, 2014
Cuz El, I hope it has worked out that you and Mr. P had your movie outing ... finally! Seems like prior plans for that were thwarted a couple of times. An entertaining movie and your other stops made is wished.

Meanwhile downtown at the Chatham Tap --- celebrating the one year anniversary of pro football team formation announcement. Training camp begins in Arizona 1 Feb. Season begins 12 April. Football team with goalkeeper, Indy Eleven (team name is so creative, eh?) is a member of the North American Soccer League.

http://fox59.com/2014/01/17/indy-eleven-still...

by-the-by -- Indianapolis doesn't host a prestigious pro tennis tournament anymore, but USA Cricket Championships will be here this year.

http://www.ibj.com/indianapolis-aims-to-becom...

here's a plan:
http://www.indy.gov/eGov/Mayor/initiatives/Pa...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32373 Jan 17, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say 'Winter came early' Flower...how low were your temps? I need to know, lol
It's Groundhog Day then? How does that work?
Very wise to wait until you finish the jobs until having the mani......I am doing mine this
evening, and off to the Podiatrist on Monday, but tomorrow having a day out, fitting
in going to the cinema. I shall be dropping two boxes of stuff in at the charity shop
on the coast, they help resue Greyhounds who have been retired from racing,
sometimes dumped and injured, they are wonderful people who do it. I am giving
them some more of my brass collection, mostly hand engraved and from India, I have
lots of it,it was strange how it came about, I befriended a lady and her brother who
had moved in next door on a temporary basis in my previous place of residence, we
helped her move into her new home and she gave me loads of ornaments, including
a lot of brass figures, on my birthday I found a huge bouquet of flowers in my
porch....she was a good friend to me, I miss her. She had two dogs, one of which
was a brindle Staffie, and three cats, the Staffie was really good with the cats.
I think it's how you bring them up, although genes must play some part.
I hope this is a wonderful year for you also FC.......Much Love...<3
Good afternoon Lady El ... Normally, winter for us is the 60's LOL ... but yes, winter was in the 20's for about 3 days and the next week in the 30's and highs in the 40's ... now, that is cold for us Texans ... then highs in the 50's but only seems cold if there was precipitation in the air and/or if the wind blowing ... Warming trend this week which is why were were able to work outside yesterday unloading the truck / trailer ~ bagging food & letting the people come to us at the warehouse where JB & I loaded the vehicles ... Sheri marked their name's off and JB broke down boxes and I stomped on them to flatten them ... Esther says she never wears "closed toes" shoes cuz they make her big toe hurt ... apparently I got too close to her feet twice ... the 2nd time she said "if you step on my toes I'll kick you @$$". She's 83 or 84 and the president of our non-profit, I'm VP ... At the risk of messing with my "elders" I retreated ... I wanted to belt out laughter but I moved over a little and jumped a little harder than I needed and here came that dust out from underneath the box I was stomping & blew up everyone's nose ... that shut that conversation down ... Well, JB and I really didn't need 6 supervisor's being that he, 72, and I were the only 2 pulling the plow ... carrying sacks of groceries to the cars/trucks pulling in & out for FIVE (5) hours ... It's all good ... Don't think I'll make it to the gym today, 5 hours on heave/ho yesterday was enough exercise to cover today, LOL ... JB's had multiple back surgeries and really didn't need to be doing all that physical work yesterday but it would've just been me and that wouldn't have worked ... I guess Sheri and I were the youngest, well she's 60 ... but she was doing the "mark of" list ... It's all good, like I said ... Only happens 3 times a year, Thanksgiving, Christmas and leftovers in January ... I'm surprised 5 months of rehab I just completed made me physically strong and resilient enough to sustain yesterday's rendezvous ... I'm happy about that ...

Groundhog day is the Sunday, February 2, 2014 ... Groundhog Day is an American tradition to predict the end of winter. On this day, if a groundhog sees its shadow, winter will last for six more weeks, but if it does not, spring will come early. something like that ...

Then there is the comedy movie with Bill Murray, Groundhog Day ... where groundhog day keeps repeating itself, lol ... it's pretty cute movie ...

Mighty nice gift from the lady who gave you all that brass ... Enjoy the day at the cinema, you deserve it ... Good luck at the podiatrist & nice weekend & you & P & kittens! Luvya mean it! FC <3 ...

1916 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32374 Jan 17, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
So, medical review today not good. Will know more next Thursday, I hope, but on the basis of today. she-who-must-be-obeyed is returning from Europe.
Keep your head up, mate ... better days ahead of you! Healing vibes sent your way! FC <3 ...

informs against BS

#32375 Jan 17, 2014
Boomer7 wrote:
Graze on!
And I hope your Total Eclipse of the Dark sweetheart is well and shall return.:)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32376 Jan 17, 2014
PFfff wrote:
thinking of You Tony,
and sending good vibes to u.
hope all goes well today.
Grace, sorry about ur loss.
Hello Everyone..
Afternoon, post & run P ... no gym today in lieu of yesterday's activity ... doing free weights at home & on the floor exercise mat exercises .. huh? Happy Friday! FC <3 ...

6708 ... straight ...

Everyone have a fine day! TGIF!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32377 Jan 17, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAH!!! Makes me think of a little cartoon I see the other day ... Winnie the Pooh walking along with Piglet.
Poooh " WHat day is it?"
Piglet : "It's today"
pooh "My favorite day!!!"
saw this againg ...

I love this ... >>happy face<<

Good day, Franko ;)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32378 Jan 18, 2014
Such a very sad outcome to the high profile case
of the little missing boy in Scotland ..
I'm sure El, you were following it, as I was on
SKY NEWS.
all the more tragic learning his mother is being held
for questioning.. tho' early days in the case.

Must say the public did themselves PROUD..
how they all went out & willingly joined search teams,
looking for him night/day.
For those who haven't seen it>

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/missing-thr...

this case has been going on all week.

Greetings of the day to Deer Whisperer and Flower Child,
I see here 'now' and El,
enjoy your day away,
if you go to the movies,
let's know what you chose to see.

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32379 Jan 18, 2014
Good morning ladies. I already walked my Chihuahua and vodka at 1:30 a.m.... I wish she would wake me at 5:00 a.m... I's cold here.

“Wear both with Pride!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32380 Jan 18, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Such a very sad outcome to the high profile case
of the little missing boy in Scotland ..
I'm sure El, you were following it, as I was on
SKY NEWS.
all the more tragic learning his mother is being held
for questioning.. tho' early days in the case.
Must say the public did themselves PROUD..
how they all went out & willingly joined search teams,
looking for him night/day.
For those who haven't seen it>
http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/missing-thr...
this case has been going on all week.
Greetings of the day to Deer Whisperer and Flower Child,
I see here 'now' and El,
enjoy your day away,
if you go to the movies,
let's know what you chose to see.
Terribly sad Grace, it was only the previous day or so that Luke and I were talking
about Edinburgh, the following day it was in the news for this very sad reason.
For those who are unaware, a little boy of three years of age was missing.....his body
was found around midnight last night, his own mother has been detained.
The local people turned out in their hundreds to search..........

“Wear both with Pride!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32381 Jan 18, 2014
On a happier note....we finally made it to the flicks....we had a very
pleasant day with lunch out and an early showing, we went to see
'The Railway Man'.....based of course on a true story. Colin Firth
was amazing, as was Nicole Kidman and the young actor who plays
Colin Firth's part, as a young Japanese POW....Jeremy Irvine.
I notice so many movies are based on historical facts these days, a good thing I would have thought.
Discussing the movie later in the foyer, my friend (who had accompanied her father, a wonderful man of 90) said 'I think something more jolly
next time', but they enjoyed it as much as we.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min deutscher Nationa... 127,771
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 42 min wichita-rick 151,111
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 1 hr andet1987 7,349
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr wichita-rick 24,006
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 2 hr Patrick Star 367
Bill Cosby 2 hr FTW Forever 223
Dog Haus Biergarten in Pasadena serves offbeat ... 2 hr Xstains In Name Only 1
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 292
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 5 hr David0407 8,049

Weird People Search