“Truth and perspective”

Since: Nov 09

defeats BS

#32337 Jan 15, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah but, the deer love this time of year, lol.
Denny, I watched the Golden Globes and saw that Breaking Bad got awards,
would you believe I haven't started to watch the first series box set yet.
I really must.
We have a few more series coming from America, one is Brooklyn 911, have you seen
it at all.
And at the risk of this being all about telly, it was the last in the series of Boardwalk
last Saturday. Great fight scene! and how touching an ending.
but ... but .... I'm WANTING season 3 of Game of Thrones to be released on DVD! I'm tired of waiting. Season 4 is soon to begin on broadcast schedule. I did get season 3 of Boardwalk Empire, and done and dusted with that one.

whether or not:
Today is a chilly and breezy mid-20s F. Yesterday was somewhat better; sunny. Monday was a balmy 50F with sun latter half of the day. That was 65 degrees warmer than the previous Monday.

I've a magic trick for ya!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_suspensio... (illusion)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32338 Jan 15, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That just isn't right Denny, lol.'Bout 36 here and......raining. I love this time of
the year oddly enough, can't wait for those first snowdrops to poke through,
how do you go on for Winter flowers, are they non-existent? Often wondered.
Another beautiful day. My friend and I went out in the woods where we hunt just to hike and enjoy the woods

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#32339 Jan 15, 2014
Hey Grace, I must have missed where you mentioned the passing of your family member. So sorry to hear about that.... I hope you are OK.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32340 Jan 15, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I have the same experience, it seems like I help others so much that I fall behind, and it seems like few people return on the same level.
WEll, I;ll try to keep up the laugh track material ... just for yuo ...
You're a breath of fresh air, Franko ... Have a nice day! It may be Thursday before you see this ... FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32341 Jan 15, 2014
Or you may see it now, Franko ... Hi >>waves<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32342 Jan 15, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning/Afternoon to everyone here.....
most peculiar happenings on offbeat lately, I could
not get 'into' the Kitchen last night, much as I tried,
further, I cannot judge any posts? Just occasionely
I am tempted to do just that.
Grace.....a sad time in your extended family, my condolences
are with you, much as it was a blessing. At the very least the
deceased is spared further suffering.
Time is moving forward to a happier day!....:)(new babby)
Greetings to Flower, PFfff, Princess Hey, Franko, MH, Krypteia
and...has anybody seen Tony?
Greetings Lady El ... Been in the 60's and clear ... working in the yard cleaning it up where Jax and Chance been tearing their stuffed animals to shreds ... the batting comes out and they play tug of war with the "skin", lol ... it's their park I suppose so they do what they want, lol ... lost some plants in hard freeze but pulled all the plants out of the storage room ...I transplanted some plants yesterday is what I call playing in the dirt ...some more today ... no mani/pedi for follow up because tomorrow morning at 10am our non-profit outfit is doing charity work taking canned food off pallets,ie., canned goods, boxed food, clothing, blankets, etc to the seniors of NW Travis County ... next will be the children/families ... I have my workout gloves I use at the gym so might as well wait for the mani til that job is over ... glad the warming trend continues ... Winter came early in December this year ... I could tell something like that would happen because Jax's coat grew out very thick ... thicker than it had in previous years ... We'll see if the ground hog see's his shadow on ground hog day, lol ... Hope you and P are well, the kittens and 2014 is good to you so far ... Take care! Love & arms around you ... FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32343 Jan 15, 2014
Sorry for your loss, Grace ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32344 Jan 15, 2014
Healing vibes to Tony ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#32345 Jan 15, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
Or you may see it now, Franko ... Hi >>waves<<
HAHAH!!! Makes me think of a little cartoon I see the other day ... Winnie the Pooh walking along with Piglet.

Poooh " WHat day is it?"
Piglet : "It's today"

pooh "My favorite day!!!"

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32346 Jan 15, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAH!!! Makes me think of a little cartoon I see the other day ... Winnie the Pooh walking along with Piglet.
Poooh " WHat day is it?"
>>big ole Texas size smile lighting up the sky with the help of the moon<<

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32347 Jan 16, 2014
thinking of You Tony,
and sending good vibes to u.
hope all goes well today.

Grace, sorry about ur loss.

Hello Everyone..

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#32348 Jan 16, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
You be havin' some rowdy neighbors.:)
Family: right as rain, m'lass! As you would know it, last evening Rick Steves European Travels dallied in Edinburgh. I'm not making this up! You've a bro in Scotland, no?!
https://www.ricksteves.com/tvr/edinburghrse40...
Figured using the transcripts would help decide if finding videos be worthwhile to you folks.
Rick Steves is on the regular PBS network on about a weekly basis. I've been viewing nightly (mostly), however, on a PBS-associated channel called Create TV:
http://www.createtv.com/
Good afternoon/evening, Kitchen-eers.
Well thankyou for the link...matter of fact I checked it out and was requested to insert
my zip...so I inserted the one I had when 'over there'...some fantastic programmes to
be had, but could not find Rick Steves in Europe.....everywhere but. That fellow sure
gets around, I will look forward to watching some of his more exotic trips abroard.
My bro is in the far North of England, but a stones throw from Scotland. I know
Edinburgh quite well, wonderful city.
Good Morning to you Cuz.

“Scotland The Brave”

Liverpool, UK

#32349 Jan 16, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
but ... but .... I'm WANTING season 3 of Game of Thrones to be released on DVD! I'm tired of waiting. Season 4 is soon to begin on broadcast schedule. I did get season 3 of Boardwalk Empire, and done and dusted with that one.
whether or not:
Today is a chilly and breezy mid-20s F. Yesterday was somewhat better; sunny. Monday was a balmy 50F with sun latter half of the day. That was 65 degrees warmer than the previous Monday.
I've a magic trick for ya!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_suspensio... (illusion)
It's a clever illusion, who would have thought!...:)
Your weather is pretty much up and down isn't it? It is consistently cold here,
today it's bitter. Still waiting for snow.

“Scotland The Brave”

Liverpool, UK

#32350 Jan 16, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Another beautiful day. My friend and I went out in the woods where we hunt just to hike and enjoy the woods
Yep!....lol

“Scotland The Brave”

Liverpool, UK

#32351 Jan 16, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Lady El ... Been in the 60's and clear ... working in the yard cleaning it up where Jax and Chance been tearing their stuffed animals to shreds ... the batting comes out and they play tug of war with the "skin", lol ... it's their park I suppose so they do what they want, lol ... lost some plants in hard freeze but pulled all the plants out of the storage room ...I transplanted some plants yesterday is what I call playing in the dirt ...some more today ... no mani/pedi for follow up because tomorrow morning at 10am our non-profit outfit is doing charity work taking canned food off pallets,ie., canned goods, boxed food, clothing, blankets, etc to the seniors of NW Travis County ... next will be the children/families ... I have my workout gloves I use at the gym so might as well wait for the mani til that job is over ... glad the warming trend continues ... Winter came early in December this year ... I could tell something like that would happen because Jax's coat grew out very thick ... thicker than it had in previous years ... We'll see if the ground hog see's his shadow on ground hog day, lol ... Hope you and P are well, the kittens and 2014 is good to you so far ... Take care! Love & arms around you ... FC <3 ...
When you say 'Winter came early' Flower...how low were your temps? I need to know, lol
It's Groundhog Day then? How does that work?
Very wise to wait until you finish the jobs until having the mani......I am doing mine this
evening, and off to the Podiatrist on Monday, but tomorrow having a day out, fitting
in going to the cinema. I shall be dropping two boxes of stuff in at the charity shop
on the coast, they help resue Greyhounds who have been retired from racing,
sometimes dumped and injured, they are wonderful people who do it. I am giving
them some more of my brass collection, mostly hand engraved and from India, I have
lots of it,it was strange how it came about, I befriended a lady and her brother who
had moved in next door on a temporary basis in my previous place of residence, we
helped her move into her new home and she gave me loads of ornaments, including
a lot of brass figures, on my birthday I found a huge bouquet of flowers in my
porch....she was a good friend to me, I miss her. She had two dogs, one of which
was a brindle Staffie, and three cats, the Staffie was really good with the cats.
I think it's how you bring them up, although genes must play some part.
I hope this is a wonderful year for you also FC.......Much Love...<3

“Scotland The Brave”

Liverpool, UK

#32352 Jan 16, 2014
PFfff wrote:
thinking of You Tony,
and sending good vibes to u.
hope all goes well today.
Grace, sorry about ur loss.
Hello Everyone..
I second that PFfff......not heard from Tony in a while.
Bora Da!

“Scotland The Brave”

Liverpool, UK

#32353 Jan 16, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAH!!! Makes me think of a little cartoon I see the other day ... Winnie the Pooh walking along with Piglet.
Poooh " WHat day is it?"
My son's favourite book (when he was little)

That's so sweet Franko.....

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32354 Jan 16, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
My son's favourite book (when he was little)
That's so sweet Franko.....
Yes, I agree, so sweet.

and indeed every day we live IS special.

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32355 Jan 16, 2014
I want to really thanks>

DEER WHISPERER - FRANKO - DENNIS - FLOWER CHILD- PFfff -here

and>
VEE and El and BRIGITTE (through PMS)
who sympathised with me..

ALL *seriously appreciated*

funny how
other human contact [in words] can mean so much...
in such times.

T h a n k s.

The next item on the agenda >
the pending birth of my grandchild will hopefully make
a happy balance to life's circle...

and El,
hope you have the champagne glasses polished and ready! ha ha!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Verwood, UK

#32356 Jan 16, 2014
So, medical review today not good. Will know more next Thursday, I hope, but on the basis of today. she-who-must-be-obeyed is returning from Europe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Sublime1 20,522
Favorite lines from a song (Mar '08) 51 min liam cul8r 3,614
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 53 min -patricia- 254
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 55 min Tinka 116,709
The long list of thing I'll never do (Jul '13) 58 min Go Blue Forever 295
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 147,214
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 hr Roxie Darling 25,963
the good old days ..... 2 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 26
Cop Car Slams Into Dunkin' Donuts 5 hr wichita-rick 6
What Could Be Sweet,...? 6 hr SLY WEST 39