El's Kitchen

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32287 Jan 11, 2014
Good morning El and all my friends. I saw Lone Survivor yesterday. It was a very good film. The audience applauded at the end of the movie. That is rare

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#32288 Jan 11, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
Yeah we had a fair bit of rain,now they say the winter is going to set in,lol,.As for metal detecting if there wasn't so much rugby on today I might have gone at least the ground would be nice a soft..
So they say.....snow next week to look forward to, oh well, the treasures will still be
there when the weather bucks up, lol.
Keeping my fingers crossed for a win by Manchester United this afternoon, two major
players out for weeks, new manager and all, hope they do well for Moyes sake.
Hope also that things stay calm in Tottenham later.

Location hidden

#32289 Jan 11, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
Absolutely. First I have heard of this, although in a UK newspaper, quite a miracle
this young man was on the spot, like it was meant to be. What a wonderful outlook
by his father!'He made his mother cry, but prevented many other mothers from
crying'...words to that effect.

Location hidden

#32290 Jan 11, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning El and all my friends. I saw Lone Survivor yesterday. It was a very good film. The audience applauded at the end of the movie. That is rare
I must look out for that movie Denny, if it's that good, hoping to see The Railway Man
early in the week. Quite fancy The Wolf of Wall Street too.
Trouble here is the cinema complex is such a distance....when I lived in Cheshire, England
it was a 2 minute walk away.

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32291 Jan 11, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of it, SLACK.
Have looked up polar vortex though. Early this week, I watched Al Roker with NBC News/ Today Show respond to writers of emails / social media that claim media makes this stuff up. He had a college text/glossary of weather terms first printing 1959 that included polar vortex.
Here's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_vortex
The polar vortex was first described as early as 1853.[5]
This is footnote #5: "Air Maps", Littell's Living Age No. 495, 12 November 1853, p. 430.
this is the page 430 with a highlight half way down the left column:
http://books.google.com/books...
I always thought an "Alberta Clipper" was a sailing vessel.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#32292 Jan 11, 2014
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee SINday!!! Excellent day at work and I got the pictures back of Murphy Doodle. Once everyone sees them at work on MOANday, I will be mailing out copies to those addresses I have. Most of them came out excellent.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#32293 Jan 11, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Franko.
There is always hope, you tend to cling to that while there is life.
So sorry your wife did not make it.
It's surprising how life goes on with those of us left behind, I dare say
having children spurs us on.
I'm not sure you are clear on something . my wife (now ex) is still alive, it is just that her recovery has not been as dramatic as the other fellow ... she is still quite severely handicapped. In fact, as age creaps in, she is steadily declining .... she hit her peak at about age 50 ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#32294 Jan 11, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
I was trying to decide that movie to see with my brother next week ... thanks for the recommendatoin.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32295 Jan 11, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I must look out for that movie Denny, if it's that good, hoping to see The Railway Man
early in the week. Quite fancy The Wolf of Wall Street too.
Trouble here is the cinema complex is such a distance....when I lived in Cheshire, England
it was a 2 minute walk away.
Lots of naked women in Wolf of Wallstreet

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32296 Jan 11, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I was trying to decide that movie to see with my brother next week ... thanks for the recommendatoin.
You will really enjoy it :)

Location hidden

#32297 Jan 12, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure you are clear on something . my wife (now ex) is still alive, it is just that her recovery has not been as dramatic as the other fellow ... she is still quite severely handicapped. In fact, as age creaps in, she is steadily declining .... she hit her peak at about age 50 ...
Thank you for clarifying the situation with your ex wife Franko.....I wasn't sure, certainly, and didn't like to ask.

Location hidden

#32298 Jan 12, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Lots of naked women in Wolf of Wallstreet
All part and parcel I expect.....thanks for the heads up anyway...(:

Location hidden

#32299 Jan 12, 2014
I'll just wish everyone a Good Morning.....going to be busy today
with family coming over from England.

Watched an amazing programme last night, the Rose Parade
live from California, absolutely spectacular, has anybody else
watched that I wonder.

See you when I see you then. Coffee is on the go.......

Location hidden

#32300 Jan 12, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text> I always thought an "Alberta Clipper" was a sailing vessel.
Am I dreaming or did you say that before? LOL

Location hidden

#32301 Jan 12, 2014
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee SINday!!! Excellent day at work and I got the pictures back of Murphy Doodle. Once everyone sees them at work on MOANday, I will be mailing out copies to those addresses I have. Most of them came out excellent.
OMG! I was in the shower and remembered I hadn't replied to your post Vee/
I bred a British Blue kitten some years ago, registered him as Southside Doodle
Dandy. His new owner nicknamed him Tigger. TIGGER! He was loved
to bits by his new 'owners' anyway, so I suppose all that matters.
Nice pic you sent, t/y

“Augusy '16”

Level 8

‘

#32302 Jan 12, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to offer another side to that story ....
I ran into a fellow about 12 years ago, who it turns out I knew back in high school.
We got talking about my wife's accident and brain injury, and then he told me his story ...
He fell down the stairs to his basement, ended up in the hospital with a brain injury. He was near comatose for 2 months, and in the hospital for nearly a year, and even after they released him to go home he could not speak, and he needed to be fed. He barely improved for another 2 years ... then one day he got up, walked around, could speak again, etc etc... by the time I met him was about 10 years after his accident and I had no idea at first that he was ever so badly injured .. he was playing some pretty good volleyball ....
SO, it could turn out like that too .... the brain can heal itself, but it is so unpredictable.
Catching up on a few posts ..

It is so true what you say, Franko,
these things are so unpredictable,
very good ending to your story TG.

Here fairly recently too, a dreadful head on
car crash left two dead, the car smashed to bits,
yet one DRIVER walked away with no injuries!

There's just NO telling.

Glad, at least the Schumacher's are having some private time now.

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Almost Half Way There...

#32303 Jan 12, 2014
Good morning El Grace and all the others..Hope your sunday is going good..Has anybody heard fromTony sure hope and pray he is good..if you talk with him tell him we need and update if he feels like giving us one..Good day to you and yours..(hugs)..<3
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

United States

#32304 Jan 12, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. First I have heard of this, although in a UK newspaper, quite a miracle
this young man was on the spot, like it was meant to be. What a wonderful outlook
by his father!'He made his mother cry, but prevented many other mothers from
crying'...words to that effect.
I don't remember being this moved by someones selfless act as this young man, I feel changed from reading this story, his image is heavy on my mind

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32305 Jan 12, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello FC... what an interesting post, as the number of regulars in here number so few; and in light of :
#32231 "Water under the bridge ... a new day, a new beginning ... Peace ~ FC <3"
Bending Simon & Garfunkel a bit: "Like a bridge over murky waters ... " the murky waters of Offbeat indeed. To traverse them, I rely on my internal and spiritual Secchi disc. It's held me in good stead. As with the Mississip', you can't always stay out of dark water, but you can avoid the darker waters when you can.
SLACK can tell you that a Secchi disc is not an Italian plate/dish.
Have a great day and weekend!
Hello DW ... duly noted ... However, a new day, a new beginning ... A great day indeed to you & yours!
FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32306 Jan 12, 2014
Wishing everyone at Lady El's a pleasant day! SALUD! FC <3 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min Ricky F 197,309
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 23 min Spotted Girl 2,936
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 45 min Calisportsgirl 19,707
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 51 min Alex Nicole 146,493
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 56 min Go Blue Forever 1,179
One Word (Jan '09) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 17,091
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 1 hr Calisportsgirl 5,128
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Knock off purse s... 33,153
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 3 hr 8541 MARINE 8,804
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 5 hr Spotted Girl 597
More from around the web