“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#32270 Jan 10, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
Luke , ever seen a screw trap? running two this spring for a invasive survey,
something new for me
Never heard of it, SLACK.

Have looked up polar vortex though. Early this week, I watched Al Roker with NBC News/ Today Show respond to writers of emails / social media that claim media makes this stuff up. He had a college text/glossary of weather terms first printing 1959 that included polar vortex.

Here's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_vortex

The polar vortex was first described as early as 1853.[5]

This is footnote #5: "Air Maps", Littell's Living Age No. 495, 12 November 1853, p. 430.

this is the page 430 with a highlight half way down the left column:

http://books.google.com/books...

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Christmas: The Birth of Jesus

#32271 Jan 10, 2014
Good afternoon El and the others..Hope your day has been awesome..<3

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#32272 Jan 10, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Denny ... you know me, hit and run, lol ... I love Lady El and think the world of her as I said in a post last night somewhere, I hold her in high esteem is what I think I said ... Jeez, I've slept since then ... I don't talk politics and/or religion ... I agree to disagree with one main poster on very many subjects and am extremely disappointed with 3 regular posters here that I'd rather just "hit and run" ... Some things are better left unsaid ... it would further just cause controversy and this is NOT the forum to do that ... While I do forgive, I never forget" even with my ever failing memory ... It's just better for all concerned ... I
Prayers for Tony ... Hello to Franko who I've always thought was a sweetheart ... IDK what became of Quinny ... Pffft ---> Happy New Year and thanks for your candor in a most assertive manner, I like that ... I've forgotten some of the other names but, like I said, failing memory ... MH, I love you and thanks for being my friend for all these years, Jeannie, a friend also and I'll miss her dearly as she was a fighter and withstood a lot in her short life no matter what anyone says of her, May she Rest In Peace ... I could go on and on but I best just stop here as I've got to get going ...
2nd Thursday of the month ---> Lake Travis Late Lunch Bunch gathering and I've errands to run before the luncheon ...
http://www.kadaiindiankitchen.com/locations
Everyone have an awesome day ... Be kind to one another ... No one knows what tomorrow may bring ... Peace ~ FC <3 ...
Hello FC... what an interesting post, as the number of regulars in here number so few; and in light of :

#32231 "Water under the bridge ... a new day, a new beginning ... Peace ~ FC <3"

Bending Simon & Garfunkel a bit: "Like a bridge over murky waters ... " the murky waters of Offbeat indeed. To traverse them, I rely on my internal and spiritual Secchi disc. It's held me in good stead. As with the Mississip', you can't always stay out of dark water, but you can avoid the darker waters when you can.

SLACK can tell you that a Secchi disc is not an Italian plate/dish.

Have a great day and weekend!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#32273 Jan 10, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong character that fellow you mention Franko, he overcame huge obstacles with
his strength of mind. Good to hear.
At the time it was 3 years after my wife had her accident. His story gave me hope that my wife could possibly have such a recovery, but sadly that did not happen. Her injury was a diffuse brain injury, and a full recovery is extremely rare from that.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32274 Jan 10, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll miss her MH..in spite of voicing my feelings elsewhere. I remember her absolute
joy at her son's graduation, and again at her daughter's wedding, sent such lovely
photos, then again at the birth of her grandaughter. Her pleasures were the
simple things in life.....as it should be.
I think the only controversy was the point of view people had about her son's case ... some people felt she was right to defend him to the end, others thought she should have "admitted the truth" and let the courts/police take him away.

i think most mothers would want to defend their child as best they can ... she did what she felt, in her heart, was the right thing. She would have been equally vilified by a different group if she had not defended him. SHe was in a no-win situation, with regards to public opinion.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32275 Jan 10, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even plan on showing up for my own!
heee
:)
that would be some trick, who-dee-nee
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

United States

#32276 Jan 10, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of it, SLACK.
Have looked up polar vortex though. Early this week, I watched Al Roker with NBC News/ Today Show respond to writers of emails / social media that claim media makes this stuff up. He had a college text/glossary of weather terms first printing 1959 that included polar vortex.
Here's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_vortex
The polar vortex was first described as early as 1853.[5]
This is footnote #5: "Air Maps", Littell's Living Age No. 495, 12 November 1853, p. 430.
this is the page 430 with a highlight half way down the left column:
http://books.google.com/books...
what they need to be bent about in the naming of winter storms by "The Weather Chanel", guess the westerners got jealous about hearing all those named storms on the Gulf

I saw Al and he looked upset by the whole deal
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

United States

#32277 Jan 10, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
SLACK can tell you that a Secchi disc is not an Italian plate/dish.
lol

that has a different pattern, kinda useless but the kids love it

"Who here knows what a Van Dorn bottle is?"

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#32278 Jan 11, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening, Cuz El.
One of the airman was from Indiana. Good on ya about the music.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news...
... that Matthews survived both wars in Iraq, only to die in a training exercise. He was due to come home in March following a 20-year Air Force career.
Good Morning Cuz Luke.

He was on the last lap so to speak, that's really sad that he should die in a training
exercise. Sod's Law. I feel for his children on both sides of the pond, family
included.
Oddly enough there was another helicopter crashed with five crew members killed,
around the same time, this one in Norfolk...but in the USA. I forget which State it
was.
Very sad indeed.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32279 Jan 11, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>At the time it was 3 years after my wife had her accident. His story gave me hope that my wife could possibly have such a recovery, but sadly that did not happen. Her injury was a diffuse brain injury, and a full recovery is extremely rare from that.
'Morning Franko.
There is always hope, you tend to cling to that while there is life.
So sorry your wife did not make it.
It's surprising how life goes on with those of us left behind, I dare say
having children spurs us on.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32280 Jan 11, 2014
At last...a beautiful day here in Wales, 4C and Sunny.

Wishing All a good day.....

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32281 Jan 11, 2014
GRACE.

Any news yet on the new arrival? January is such a lovely
month to come into the world, besides which, he/she will be
an Aquarious....one of the nicest astrological signs....:)
Krypteia

Gloucester, UK

#32282 Jan 11, 2014
Afternoon El,hope you had a good Xmas- New Year,,,,lovely day today and no rain,lol

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32283 Jan 11, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
Afternoon El,hope you had a good Xmas- New Year,,,,lovely day today and no rain,lol
Hello Krypteia.....really glad to see you here, have been thinking of you in all
these storms. We had a nice enough time thanks, saw the New Year in by
watching Big Ben.....hope yours was good.
I was talking about you to Denny yesterday if your ears were burning, lol
(metal detecting)
Krypteia

Gloucester, UK

#32284 Jan 11, 2014
Yeah we had a fair bit of rain,now they say the winter is going to set in,lol,.As for metal detecting if there wasn't so much rugby on today I might have gone at least the ground would be nice a soft..
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

United States

#32286 Jan 11, 2014
look at this kids face

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32287 Jan 11, 2014
Good morning El and all my friends. I saw Lone Survivor yesterday. It was a very good film. The audience applauded at the end of the movie. That is rare

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32288 Jan 11, 2014
Krypteia wrote:
Yeah we had a fair bit of rain,now they say the winter is going to set in,lol,.As for metal detecting if there wasn't so much rugby on today I might have gone at least the ground would be nice a soft..
So they say.....snow next week to look forward to, oh well, the treasures will still be
there when the weather bucks up, lol.
Keeping my fingers crossed for a win by Manchester United this afternoon, two major
players out for weeks, new manager and all, hope they do well for Moyes sake.
Hope also that things stay calm in Tottenham later.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32289 Jan 11, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
Absolutely. First I have heard of this, although in a UK newspaper, quite a miracle
this young man was on the spot, like it was meant to be. What a wonderful outlook
by his father!'He made his mother cry, but prevented many other mothers from
crying'...words to that effect.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32290 Jan 11, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning El and all my friends. I saw Lone Survivor yesterday. It was a very good film. The audience applauded at the end of the movie. That is rare
I must look out for that movie Denny, if it's that good, hoping to see The Railway Man
early in the week. Quite fancy The Wolf of Wall Street too.
Trouble here is the cinema complex is such a distance....when I lived in Cheshire, England
it was a 2 minute walk away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 - Rhyming Words (Oct '11) 4 min andet1987 3,830
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 9 min andet1987 3,813
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 12 min andet1987 4,029
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 14 min andet1987 14,321
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min Ricky F 226,022
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 20 min andet1987 3,360
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 24 min Princess Hey 150,841
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Emerald 32,191
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr honeymylove 34,386
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr honeymylove 6,721