El's Kitchen

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#32240 Jan 9, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
I have thought about this post regarding Jeannie for days now almost a week or two now ... Just wanted to say I appreciate it ... Gives me great comfort knowing she was not judged in anyway, shape or form but was just known as the gentle true loving woman that she was ... Thanks for posting ... I copied and posted on another thread that I felt had to be shown for all intents and purposes ... it was on a need to know basis ... FC
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T92OJIL...
5400 ...
Hey Flower .. we haven't crossed paths in a while ... Happy Christmas and Merry New year ....

I agree, that post was right on.

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#32241 Jan 10, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Denny ... you know me, hit and run, lol ... I love Lady El and think the world of her as I said in a post last night somewhere, I hold her in high esteem is what I think I said ... Jeez, I've slept since then ... I don't talk politics and/or religion ... I agree to disagree with one main poster on very many subjects and am extremely disappointed with 3 regular posters here that I'd rather just "hit and run" ... Some things are better left unsaid ... it would further just cause controversy and this is NOT the forum to do that ... While I do forgive, I never forget" even with my ever failing memory ... It's just better for all concerned ... I
Prayers for Tony ... Hello to Franko who I've always thought was a sweetheart ... IDK what became of Quinny ... Pffft ---> Happy New Year and thanks for your candor in a most assertive manner, I like that ... I've forgotten some of the other names but, like I said, failing memory ... MH, I love you and thanks for being my friend for all these years, Jeannie, a friend also and I'll miss her dearly as she was a fighter and withstood a lot in her short life no matter what anyone says of her, May she Rest In Peace ... I could go on and on but I best just stop here as I've got to get going ...
2nd Thursday of the month ---> Lake Travis Late Lunch Bunch gathering and I've errands to run before the luncheon ...
http://www.kadaiindiankitchen.com/locations
Everyone have an awesome day ... Be kind to one another ... No one knows what tomorrow may bring ... Peace ~ FC <3 ...
Thank you Flower, thank you very much indeed. Good friends are to be treasured
and I treasure you, you better believe it!...:)
Hope you had a fabulous time yesterday at the Lunch gathering and wishing you
another fabulous day. Luvya.....Elx

Location hidden

#32242 Jan 10, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to offer another side to that story ....
I ran into a fellow about 12 years ago, who it turns out I knew back in high school.
We got talking about my wife's accident and brain injury, and then he told me his story ...
He fell down the stairs to his basement, ended up in the hospital with a brain injury. He was near comatose for 2 months, and in the hospital for nearly a year, and even after they released him to go home he could not speak, and he needed to be fed. He barely improved for another 2 years ... then one day he got up, walked around, could speak again, etc etc... by the time I met him was about 10 years after his accident and I had no idea at first that he was ever so badly injured .. he was playing some pretty good volleyball ....
SO, it could turn out like that too .... the brain can heal itself, but it is so unpredictable.
Strong character that fellow you mention Franko, he overcame huge obstacles with
his strength of mind. Good to hear.

Location hidden

#32243 Jan 10, 2014
Colorado Chick wrote:
EL...
I SCOLDED BRIGITTE on her thread..TOLD her to APOLOGIZE to you..ASAP!!
Hey..Everyone.. Had to DO MY DUTY..For EL..I AIN'T gonna let ANYONE Get away with WHAT BRIGITTE.. Was ranting on about .MO4..BAD KARMA!!
So, Let's SEE if SHE shows UP!!
In the Meantime..THAT Pumpkin Cheesecake looks MIGHTY Tasty!!
Yes, a Slice of that And a HOT COFFEE,..French Roast..
ALL BETS ARE ON!!
ROCK ON ROCKERS!!
;)
Hello Chick.....You bet the cheesecake is good, better hurry before I scoff the lot, lol.
No, listen, I hold no grudges against Brigitte, I simply thought what she said was out
of order, but no use carrying it on. But appreciate no end what you did and thankyou
my friend.
Okay, the coffee is ready to pour......cream with that?....:)

Location hidden

#32244 Jan 10, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
I was probably a mile away in Georgia to meet MO4 but my plane left on time. I will miss her.
I'll miss her MH..in spite of voicing my feelings elsewhere. I remember her absolute
joy at her son's graduation, and again at her daughter's wedding, sent such lovely
photos, then again at the birth of her grandaughter. Her pleasures were the
simple things in life.....as it should be.

Location hidden

#32245 Jan 10, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Chick.....You bet the cheesecake is good, better hurry before I scoff the lot, lol.
No, listen, I hold no grudges against Brigitte, I simply thought what she said was out
of order, but no use carrying it on. But appreciate no end what you did and thankyou
my friend.
Okay, the coffee is ready to pour......cream with that?....:)
out of order 'here'

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32246 Jan 10, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Denny ... you know me, hit and run, lol ... I love Lady El and think the world of her as I said in a post last night somewhere, I hold her in high esteem is what I think I said ... Jeez, I've slept since then ... I don't talk politics and/or religion ... I agree to disagree with one main poster on very many subjects and am extremely disappointed with 3 regular posters here that I'd rather just "hit and run" ... Some things are better left unsaid ... it would further just cause controversy and this is NOT the forum to do that ... While I do forgive, I never forget" even with my ever failing memory ... It's just better for all concerned ... I
Prayers for Tony ... Hello to Franko who I've always thought was a sweetheart ... IDK what became of Quinny ... Pffft ---> Happy New Year and thanks for your candor in a most assertive manner, I like that ... I've forgotten some of the other names but, like I said, failing memory ... MH, I love you and thanks for being my friend for all these years, Jeannie, a friend also and I'll miss her dearly as she was a fighter and withstood a lot in her short life no matter what anyone says of her, May she Rest In Peace ... I could go on and on but I best just stop here as I've got to get going ...
2nd Thursday of the month ---> Lake Travis Late Lunch Bunch gathering and I've errands to run before the luncheon ...
http://www.kadaiindiankitchen.com/locations
Everyone have an awesome day ... Be kind to one another ... No one knows what tomorrow may bring ... Peace ~ FC <3 ...
thanks D
ive never had a problem saying what I think. lol
but to be honest since I didn't know M04 my feelings are based on a situation in which I once didn't go to a funeral because of a hurt that was done to me while only a child. and when I was questioned about it, this person told me that he (if he were me) would have gone out of respect for the deceased family, and I said that he didn't experience what I did and out of respect for Myself chose Not to go.
to this day, I feel I made the right choice. I truly believe a person should protect himself first and foremost.
just because a person dies doesn't mean the hurt automatically goes away and we're all different in the way we handle the pain..
Happy New Year D, I sincerely wish u the Very best!
:}

Location hidden

#32247 Jan 10, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
:P
lol
jeez El, ur hanging around me too much, ur getting to be a wise guy!
LOL
Bora Da!
LOL!

people have started to notice...I overheard some neighbours as I passed their
gates say, big difference in that Rigby woman since she's been knocking around
with PFfff........hahaha

Bora Da

Location hidden

#32248 Jan 10, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks D
but to be honest since I didn't know M04 my feelings are based on a situation in which I once didn't go to a funeral because of a hurt that was done to me while only a child. and when I was questioned about it, this person told me that he (if he were me) would have gone out of respect for the deceased family, and I said that he didn't experience what I did and out of respect for Myself chose Not to go.
to this day, I feel I made the right choice. I truly believe a person should protect himself first and foremost.
just because a person dies doesn't mean the hurt automatically goes away and we're all different in the way we handle the pain..
If I might butt in PFfff.....you did the right thing imo too, why would you go to pay
your respects to someone who had harmed you, as it was, you spared the deceased family
learning of the true colours of their relative.
In fact, I was in a similar position myself, not too long ago someone passed who did me
many injusticies, and I refused to go to the funeral. It did not go down well with many
of my relatives, but I made my own choice as you did. No use in being a hyprocrite.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32249 Jan 10, 2014
coffee, strong, please

Location hidden

#32250 Jan 10, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
coffee, strong, please
passing you a freshly brewed cup.......toast with that? Marmalade?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32251 Jan 10, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
out of order 'here'
Good morning El. How is everyone in the kitchen today. Rainy day here. I have the bug to get my metal detector and search an old state park that was open in the 30's. I once found the grave of the first vice president of Texas. On the shore I found the remains of his home which burned 100 years ago. I found hand forged square nails and lot of broken chared china. I have been watch a program on TV where they search for relics from old battle fields and forts. I need to get out before I get cabin fever

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32252 Jan 10, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks D
I am with you on going to funerals. I watched my dad take his last breath and I wish I had not been there. My dad had told me he wanted Please Don't talk about me when I am gone played at his funeral. I was so funny when they played Louis Armstrong jazz version of the song :) My friends in England told me they went to a funeral where the men were asked to wear Bermuda shorts and Hawaiian shirts. As they carried the cofin they played the theme song from Oliver and Hardy :)
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32253 Jan 10, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
passing you a freshly brewed cup.......toast with that? Marmalade?
since you're asking, 3 dropped eggs please
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32254 Jan 10, 2014

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32255 Jan 10, 2014
<quoted text>since you're asking, 3 dropped eggs please
Try this. Take an egg and throw it up in the air so it lands on grass. I won't break :)
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32256 Jan 10, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Try this. Take an egg and throw it up in the air so it lands on grass. I won't break :)
it's what they call poached eggs

Location hidden

#32257 Jan 10, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. How is everyone in the kitchen today. Rainy day here. I have the bug to get my metal detector and search an old state park that was open in the 30's. I once found the grave of the first vice president of Texas. On the shore I found the remains of his home which burned 100 years ago. I found hand forged square nails and lot of broken chared china. I have been watch a program on TV where they search for relics from old battle fields and forts. I need to get out before I get cabin fever
Go for it Denny, you never know what you may find. I wonder how Krypteia went on
he is big on metal detecting. Rods1 too.
My son found a scull once when he was 15, he was terribly shocked, he was walking
through what was open ground on which developers were laying foundations for a
new building. I still have the newspaper cutting as it hit the local newspaper.
Those were exciting finds you made, the nails would have been made by a Blacksmith
then, the days before mass production. What happened re the grave?

Location hidden

#32258 Jan 10, 2014
<quoted text>since you're asking, 3 dropped eggs please
3? Whose your friends, lol

Location hidden

#32259 Jan 10, 2014
some breakfast music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =V1bFr2SWP1IXX
That was beautiful. Very uplifting..and thankyou.

(3 eggs it is)!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 5 min intothelight 15,536
News Fight over gumbo spices leads to fatal stabbing... 11 min intothelight 31
News Maine woman pleads guilty to stealing wreaths f... 14 min intothelight 5
Things men should not do (Jan '11) 19 min Lord Satan 9,419
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 22 min Jennifer Renee 12,058
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 24 min Titus33 168,606
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 24 min andet1987 774
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min I Am No One_ 165,148
News Teen Leads Mob In Ransacking Of Georgia Walmart 51 min Dr Wu 8
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr Cyan in CA 1,387
Do you believe spanking a child over the knee o... (Nov '10) 1 hr Spotted Girl 265
More from around the web