Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

If I might say one thing. I have seen a lot of tongue lashing on this thread, that made you, El, leave, and feelings have been hurt time and time again. Things that everyone seems to say in haste, or without thinking. Funny to know that emotions run high just when words are printed. I post from time to time here, and read the on going dagger tossing between Tally and LIM. I think that what is tolerable is really anyone who wants to voice an opinion. I love you, I love Grace, and I love Brigitte. We are there for each other time and time again. We keep coming back because deep down, we know each one of us is always on each other's side and would be there for one another at a drop of a hat. I know heated discussions on here about everything, from A to Z sends people into a tail spin at times. Brigitte just wanted to post her feelings, on your thread El, because everyone was on that particular subject. The 3 of us have been posting for years, and we will continue to do so. I would rather share a laugh or two, then to get down and dirty, but I think Brigitte has the right to her feelings and her opinion. So does every one else when jumping into the mix of things. I respect her honesty and her being candid and in no way should retract what she posted. She feels strongly about what she posted and to have her think or feel differently, well, it would not be my friend Brigitte. I would never want to see you, or Grace, agree with something you disagree about, this is what makes you interesting as well. Just my own opinion. (Thank you, Mexican for your heartfelt sympathy about Dennis. It was July 22nd.I will never be the same again. I still love him and I cant deny it)

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

YO EL..So WHAT..BEEF..DOES BRIGITTE have with ya??

So...WHILE you are Contemplating.. The LONG Version or the SHORT Version..

I BELIEVE I will treat myself.. to..a Slice of Carrot Cake and a HOT COCOA!!..

AND...Heavens to Betsy..DON'T FORGET .THE..

REAL WHIPPED CREAM!!!

;)

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

I would love a chocolate malt. Have not had one in a long time, at least NOT this year. Ha!

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

Hi There Lady Eleanor...
I hope that this year will bring you a bounty of richly deserved blessings...
As usual my life remains much the same so there isn't much to tell... We made it through the very evil weather... With the windchill it got as low as -25 here in the valley.... and while the Chi-Kids hated the cold and snow...
Josie Wails was in happy dogland!.. She has grown into a real beauty and so smart...
Sending You and Yours all my best and warmest wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness....
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

Wishing all of the Good Folks who visit El's Kitchen and Blessed and Bountiful New Year...
@}-'--,---

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Eastcote, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good evening/morning, Kitchen-eers!
I'm plowed out and dug out now, and rarin' to get around when need be. Cabin fever was starting to make me itch.:)
I started a read: Life On The Mississippi by Mark Twain. This one I had not got around to reading before. Early, it's a historical overview that includes the discovery by the first European, De Soto in the mid 1500s. Then there are the exploration by Marquette and Joliet, and then a later expedition and "conquer" for France by acclamation by La Salle.
All the while, Twain writes of the perspective regarding European historical events during the time lapse pertinent to the events on the Mississippi River.
----------
Did ya all know that a Chicago zoo had to keep its polar bear inside in these recent days?
About 500 Amtrak train passengers were stranded in the boonies outside of Chicago because of ice and drifted snow.
Saw the BBC news about the many villages isolated by flooding in Somerset region of England. And that weather throughout the Auld Isles.
R.I.P to the lives lost in the the crash of the helicopter out of LakenHeath Air Force Base.
'Morning Cuz Luke....interesting about the literature, sounds a worthwhile read.
I am heavily 'into' Ruth Hamilton currently and reading her 'Liverpool Song'...
Now THAT is cold, that they had to keep the Polar Bear indoors......Streuth!
A great tragedy in North Norfolk where the helicopter went down. The Commander
of 48th Flight gave a news conference this morning, just an incredibly sad time for
the USAF, for the bereaved and we feel their loss too.
Just to let you know I paid tribute to Phil Everly in a former post, by placing a music link
of the brothers on here, under 'thanks for the music'....
Glad to hear you are 'on top' of the weather there cuz...:)

Eastcote, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Wildbluerose wrote:
Hi There Lady Eleanor...
I hope that this year will bring you a bounty of richly deserved blessings...
As usual my life remains much the same so there isn't much to tell... We made it through the very evil weather... With the windchill it got as low as -25 here in the valley.... and while the Chi-Kids hated the cold and snow...
Josie Wails was in happy dogland!.. She has grown into a real beauty and so smart...
Sending You and Yours all my best and warmest wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness....
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Wishing all of the Good Folks who visit El's Kitchen and Blessed and Bountiful New Year...
@}-'--,---
Such a cheerful post, thankyou Dear Rose....and Good Morning.
Josie Wails is lovin' the weather then, I bet she loves the snow, I know mine did,
can still see Lady catching snowballs in her teeth, she had a high old time in the snow.
I can hardly imagine -25 Rose, but glad you and the Pack have come through in good
health.....
The Best to you dear.....always...

Eastcote, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Vee wrote:
If I might say one thing. I have seen a lot of tongue lashing on this thread, that made you, El, leave, and feelings have been hurt time and time again. Things that everyone seems to say in haste, or without thinking. Funny to know that emotions run high just when words are printed. I post from time to time here, and read the on going dagger tossing between Tally and LIM. I think that what is tolerable is really anyone who wants to voice an opinion. I love you, I love Grace, and I love Brigitte. We are there for each other time and time again. We keep coming back because deep down, we know each one of us is always on each other's side and would be there for one another at a drop of a hat. I know heated discussions on here about everything, from A to Z sends people into a tail spin at times. Brigitte just wanted to post her feelings, on your thread El, because everyone was on that particular subject. The 3 of us have been posting for years, and we will continue to do so. I would rather share a laugh or two, then to get down and dirty, but I think Brigitte has the right to her feelings and her opinion. So does every one else when jumping into the mix of things. I respect her honesty and her being candid and in no way should retract what she posted. She feels strongly about what she posted and to have her think or feel differently, well, it would not be my friend Brigitte. I would never want to see you, or Grace, agree with something you disagree about, this is what makes you interesting as well. Just my own opinion.(Thank you, Mexican for your heartfelt sympathy about Dennis. It was July 22nd.I will never be the same again. I still love him and I cant deny it)
Well of course everyone is entitled to an opinion Vee, I wouldn't have it any other
way, and yes, things get heated on here occasionely, but as Grace so rightly puts
it, we eventually manage to agree to disagree, and not lose friends over trivia.
But this is different, it is all down to diplomacy, to plain common decency, that is how
I see it anyway, and I should add I didn't expect, or request an apology from Brigitte,
once something is said, it cannot be retracted.
I understand you are close to Brigitte, there is the difference, so all the more
baffling why she should choose to voice her sad opinions here.
btw you need not fear that I, or Grace if I may speak for her, would ever agree with
anything we disagree with....lol
Have a wonderful day Vee and always a chocolate malt on order here for you...:)

Eastcote, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

TONY....positive thoughts coming your way this morning.......

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

MO4 was the backbone of her family. She went through Hell at times and came here for relief and sometimes not. Life was fair to her. She still made a loving home for her family despite what was thrown at her multiple times. I will miss her also.

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Another mistake...."Life was not fair to her."

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey PFfff....you realise I'm just funnin' with ya...
I was truly upset I missed your post, thought I
had replied. Getting old!
:P

lol

jeez El, ur hanging around me too much, ur getting to be a wise guy!
LOL

Bora Da!
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Sturgis, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
sup
With utmost respect to an aquatics guy, and having familiarity with small dredges, plankton nets, man-hauling a small trawl, running gill nets, electrofishing, and processing the contents for all that gear; plus seining for crawdads as bank structure preservation:
I get a "tickle" reading about fish, or fry ... and "breading".:)
I love fried fish

<he says while staring at a tank stuffed with catfish fry>
<his cat stairs at the tank as well>
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Sturgis, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Luke , ever seen a screw trap? running two this spring for a invasive survey,

something new for me

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
:P
lol
jeez El, ur hanging around me too much, ur getting to be a wise guy!
LOL
Bora Da!
Good morning PF and El and Grace and all who come to this friendly kitchen. I am so ready for spring :)

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:
Morning ER and all here - do me a favour and keep your fingers crossed at 1545 UK time today. I have another MRI scan, having had one just before Xmas. A little worrying as it suggests that something was thrown up by the previous one, so a little nervous over this one. Get the results on 16 Jan at the medical review, all being well.
Hello Tony, I will be saying a prayer for good results and healing. Hope otherwise that all is well with you.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Colorado Chick wrote:
YO EL..So WHAT..BEEF..DOES BRIGITTE have with ya??
So...WHILE you are Contemplating.. The LONG Version or the SHORT Version..
I BELIEVE I will treat myself.. to..a Slice of Carrot Cake and a HOT COCOA!!..
AND...Heavens to Betsy..DON'T FORGET .THE..
REAL WHIPPED CREAM!!!
;)
Good morning, CC ... I'll explain via PM, Reader's Digest version ...

Everyone have a pleasant day ... FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Water under the bridge ... a new day, a new beginning ... Peace ~ FC <3

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
Water under the bridge ... a new day, a new beginning ... Peace ~ FC <3
Flower you need to visit the Kitchen more often :) A great place with some very nice people!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Flower you need to visit the Kitchen more often :) A great place with some very nice people!
Hi Denny ... you know me, hit and run, lol ... I love Lady El and think the world of her as I said in a post last night somewhere, I hold her in high esteem is what I think I said ... Jeez, I've slept since then ... I don't talk politics and/or religion ... I agree to disagree with one main poster on very many subjects and am extremely disappointed with 3 regular posters here that I'd rather just "hit and run" ... Some things are better left unsaid ... it would further just cause controversy and this is NOT the forum to do that ... While I do forgive, I never forget" even with my ever failing memory ... It's just better for all concerned ... I

Prayers for Tony ... Hello to Franko who I've always thought was a sweetheart ... IDK what became of Quinny ... Pffft ---> Happy New Year and thanks for your candor in a most assertive manner, I like that ... I've forgotten some of the other names but, like I said, failing memory ... MH, I love you and thanks for being my friend for all these years, Jeannie, a friend also and I'll miss her dearly as she was a fighter and withstood a lot in her short life no matter what anyone says of her, May she Rest In Peace ... I could go on and on but I best just stop here as I've got to get going ...

2nd Thursday of the month ---> Lake Travis Late Lunch Bunch gathering and I've errands to run before the luncheon ...

http://www.kadaiindiankitchen.com/locations

Everyone have an awesome day ... Be kind to one another ... No one knows what tomorrow may bring ... Peace ~ FC <3 ...

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Evening folks..

You know.. life is very strange.. when we come to think of it..

At present, life, as we know it is playing itself out
in polar opposites -

on the one hand, a relative thru' marriage [and friend] of the wider
family circle is in the later stages of cancer - being transferred
to a hospice tomorrow..bless her..

On the other hand my son/partner and I are happily
awaiting the arrival of a brand new child/grandchild...
only days left in both cases.

Strange - life and it's parallels!
which NONE of us have a say in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••