“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32195 Jan 8, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
450 million years ago there was 60% more oxygen in the air. The result was super size everything. You had toads as big as alligators. God bless higher co2 levels :) What is so funny is all the hype about solar energy. Now there are places that make perfect sense to use solar power but England isn't one of them. Were I hunt in Dumas there are lots of huge wind mills and they produce a great deal of energy and that is because it is a windy place. The bad thing is they kill lots of birds . I am for using all kinds of energy be it coal or wind or sun
On the contrary. I built my house in Ohio in the wintertime. Ohio only gets about 4 days a year of bright sunshine. While I was building the house without a heating system, my master bedroom was very comfortable due to the large sliding glass door on the south side. I finished the house with a
(5) panel Lennox domestic hot water system. If I changed the plumbing around, I could make steam. Everything worked efficiently up until I lost the house in a divorce.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32196 Jan 8, 2014
I just recently heard of "Polar Snap" and "Polar Vortex." I always thought an "Alberta Clipper" was a sailing vessel.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32197 Jan 8, 2014
We are warm here in Tennessee, the home of Al Gore. We profit from the warmth of his political hot air and the Gamma Rays reflecting off his bald head.........I think he had a rock band in high school. "Al Gore and the Algorhymes."

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32198 Jan 8, 2014
Sorry. Forgot the "t".

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32199 Jan 8, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
Scan was okay - they did re-assure me a little, but won't get results until 16th. Received a call this morning - I have yet another scan tomorrow - an enhanced CT one. I only hope they are just being very thorough, but it is a tad unnerving.
It will all turn out good Tony

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32200 Jan 8, 2014
Good morning El and all in the kitchen. They had a newsman in Chicago throw a hot cup of coffee in the air and it turned into snow before it hit the ground. That is way to cold : )

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Margate, UK

#32201 Jan 8, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
Scan was okay - they did re-assure me a little, but won't get results until 16th. Received a call this morning - I have yet another scan tomorrow - an enhanced CT one. I only hope they are just being very thorough, but it is a tad unnerving.
Sounds hopeful Tony, the fact that they re-assured you yesterday. The CT scan
was more than likely in the pipeline anyway, as back up to the scan, but I would be
feeling the same, thinking 'uh uh, they found something' when it is very probably just
procedure. No doubt about it, they are looking after you!
Fingers crossed tomorrow and keep your chin up....:)

“Scotland The Brave”

Margate, UK

#32202 Jan 8, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning El and all in the kitchen. They had a newsman in Chicago throw a hot cup of coffee in the air and it turned into snow before it hit the ground. That is way to cold :)
'Afternoon Denny......WOW, how cold is that? There was a bloke on Sky News this
morning demonstrating how his tee shirt froze within a minute of being put outside...
the when he brought it indoors it was brittle and he could tear it like paper.
It's making me cold thinking about it, lol. How are you faring in Texas?

“Scotland The Brave”

Margate, UK

#32203 Jan 8, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Sorry. Forgot the "t".
It won't do you know. You will have to do 100 lines.....lol

“Scotland The Brave”

Margate, UK

#32204 Jan 8, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>ya never know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =p9RchGMmizgXX
I love Jimmy Durante and love that song.

Also the link you posted a while ago, John Lennon being
my favourite Beatle. I was astounded that Jim Carey had
such a wonderful voice, who knew, thanks for that.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#32205 Jan 8, 2014
Get a puppy they said. It would be fun, they said. Happeeeeeeee Wednesday!!!!!!!!!! Freezing cold Wednesday!!!!!!!!

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32206 Jan 8, 2014
Vee, I am sorry about your loss. I haven't been around in a while. The last news I heard about Dennis was a pistol pack at the airport. What a great actor. My condolences.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32207 Jan 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't do you know. You will have to do 100 lines.....lol
Lines of what? Do you know how much it would cost to fill this nose?!

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32208 Jan 8, 2014
My nose held my marriage together an extra ten years.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32209 Jan 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text> I was astounded that Jim Carey had
such a wonderful voice, who knew, thanks for that.
it was a surprise to me

“Truth and perspective informs”

Since: Nov 09

against BS

#32210 Jan 8, 2014
Good evening/morning, Kitchen-eers!

I'm plowed out and dug out now, and rarin' to get around when need be. Cabin fever was starting to make me itch.:)

I started a read: Life On The Mississippi by Mark Twain. This one I had not got around to reading before. Early, it's a historical overview that includes the discovery by the first European, De Soto in the mid 1500s. Then there are the exploration by Marquette and Joliet, and then a later expedition and "conquer" for France by acclamation by La Salle.

All the while, Twain writes of the perspective regarding European historical events during the time lapse pertinent to the events on the Mississippi River.
----------

Did ya all know that a Chicago zoo had to keep its polar bear inside in these recent days?

About 500 Amtrak train passengers were stranded in the boonies outside of Chicago because of ice and drifted snow.

Saw the BBC news about the many villages isolated by flooding in Somerset region of England. And that weather throughout the Auld Isles.

R.I.P to the lives lost in the the crash of the helicopter out of LakenHeath Air Force Base.

against BS

#32211 Jan 8, 2014
I "won" 2 paperback books in a charity raffle during the feast I attended a week before Christmas. Besides the Mark Twain one posted about, the other is "Enslaved by Ducks", the author chronicling his experience of raising ducks.

Probably a fun read, if it's anything like a documentary film I have seen called "My Life As A Turkey" where a guy hatched some turkey eggs and become their "mother".

against BS

#32212 Jan 8, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
That's understandable ... it would unnerve any of us. It's assuring for them to be thorough, right?

And kudos on your good scan! Cheers Admir-able!!

against BS

#32213 Jan 8, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>BC, they call themselves the rain people
shut down pulp mill left massive hydro, buildings and fresh water, the falls on the ocean
tried to get them to set up a breading program to support the endangered golden eye rock fish(yummy), they wanted to hear nothing of it, asked if I was interested in buying their water to bottle in the states, it's an island, on the coast, long boat ride, expensive plane ride, the lack of sun has affected them in a bad way
it is beautiful, just imagine unlimited electric heat
sup

With utmost respect to an aquatics guy, and having familiarity with small dredges, plankton nets, man-hauling a small trawl, running gill nets, electrofishing, and processing the contents for all that gear; plus seining for crawdads as bank structure preservation:

I get a "tickle" reading about fish, or fry ... and "breading".:)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32214 Jan 8, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year, Brigitte,
hope it will prove to be a better one than 2013.
Tough that ALZHEIMERS..
wishing you the best in dealing with it.
You mention M04,
I just found in life it is very difficult nigh impossible to see properly
into another person's life and get the full true picture
seen from all angles, therefore
I'll leave judgment to a higher order.
M04 had a very difficult time,
we all know why here, no point in rehearsing it again...
and if she did indulge in the little comforts of life
who can blame her.
I know for sure had I been visited with her particular cross,
and all that it entailed -
I sure wouldn't have been half the woman she turned out to be,
in dealing with it.
However, may she Rest in Peace now.
Take care in the inclement weather B...
I have thought about this post regarding Jeannie for days now almost a week or two now ... Just wanted to say I appreciate it ... Gives me great comfort knowing she was not judged in anyway, shape or form but was just known as the gentle true loving woman that she was ... Thanks for posting ... I copied and posted on another thread that I felt had to be shown for all intents and purposes ... it was on a need to know basis ... FC

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T92OJIL...

5400 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Crazy Jae 21,355
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min replaytime 117,341
I Like..... (Mar '14) 17 min Crazy Jae 373
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min wichita-rick 147,615
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 46 min Crazy Jae 1,374
Big dawg 47 min Princess Hey 588
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 52 min Princess Hey 144
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 6,370
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 2 hr NOM s Waffle House 9
Official: Oklahoma beheading suspect a bit 'weird' 4 hr Streetrunner 33