“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32200 Jan 8, 2014
Good morning El and all in the kitchen. They had a newsman in Chicago throw a hot cup of coffee in the air and it turned into snow before it hit the ground. That is way to cold : )

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Margate, UK

#32201 Jan 8, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
Scan was okay - they did re-assure me a little, but won't get results until 16th. Received a call this morning - I have yet another scan tomorrow - an enhanced CT one. I only hope they are just being very thorough, but it is a tad unnerving.
Sounds hopeful Tony, the fact that they re-assured you yesterday. The CT scan
was more than likely in the pipeline anyway, as back up to the scan, but I would be
feeling the same, thinking 'uh uh, they found something' when it is very probably just
procedure. No doubt about it, they are looking after you!
Fingers crossed tomorrow and keep your chin up....:)

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Margate, UK

#32202 Jan 8, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning El and all in the kitchen. They had a newsman in Chicago throw a hot cup of coffee in the air and it turned into snow before it hit the ground. That is way to cold :)
'Afternoon Denny......WOW, how cold is that? There was a bloke on Sky News this
morning demonstrating how his tee shirt froze within a minute of being put outside...
the when he brought it indoors it was brittle and he could tear it like paper.
It's making me cold thinking about it, lol. How are you faring in Texas?

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Margate, UK

#32203 Jan 8, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Sorry. Forgot the "t".
It won't do you know. You will have to do 100 lines.....lol

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Margate, UK

#32204 Jan 8, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>ya never know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =p9RchGMmizgXX
I love Jimmy Durante and love that song.

Also the link you posted a while ago, John Lennon being
my favourite Beatle. I was astounded that Jim Carey had
such a wonderful voice, who knew, thanks for that.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#32205 Jan 8, 2014
Get a puppy they said. It would be fun, they said. Happeeeeeeee Wednesday!!!!!!!!!! Freezing cold Wednesday!!!!!!!!

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32206 Jan 8, 2014
Vee, I am sorry about your loss. I haven't been around in a while. The last news I heard about Dennis was a pistol pack at the airport. What a great actor. My condolences.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32207 Jan 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't do you know. You will have to do 100 lines.....lol
Lines of what? Do you know how much it would cost to fill this nose?!

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32208 Jan 8, 2014
My nose held my marriage together an extra ten years.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32209 Jan 8, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text> I was astounded that Jim Carey had
such a wonderful voice, who knew, thanks for that.
it was a surprise to me

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#32210 Jan 8, 2014
Good evening/morning, Kitchen-eers!

I'm plowed out and dug out now, and rarin' to get around when need be. Cabin fever was starting to make me itch.:)

I started a read: Life On The Mississippi by Mark Twain. This one I had not got around to reading before. Early, it's a historical overview that includes the discovery by the first European, De Soto in the mid 1500s. Then there are the exploration by Marquette and Joliet, and then a later expedition and "conquer" for France by acclamation by La Salle.

All the while, Twain writes of the perspective regarding European historical events during the time lapse pertinent to the events on the Mississippi River.
----------

Did ya all know that a Chicago zoo had to keep its polar bear inside in these recent days?

About 500 Amtrak train passengers were stranded in the boonies outside of Chicago because of ice and drifted snow.

Saw the BBC news about the many villages isolated by flooding in Somerset region of England. And that weather throughout the Auld Isles.

R.I.P to the lives lost in the the crash of the helicopter out of LakenHeath Air Force Base.

informs against BS

#32211 Jan 8, 2014
I "won" 2 paperback books in a charity raffle during the feast I attended a week before Christmas. Besides the Mark Twain one posted about, the other is "Enslaved by Ducks", the author chronicling his experience of raising ducks.

Probably a fun read, if it's anything like a documentary film I have seen called "My Life As A Turkey" where a guy hatched some turkey eggs and become their "mother".

informs against BS

#32212 Jan 8, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
Scan was okay - they did re-assure me a little, but won't get results until 16th. Received a call this morning - I have yet another scan tomorrow - an enhanced CT one. I only hope they are just being very thorough, but it is a tad unnerving.
That's understandable ... it would unnerve any of us. It's assuring for them to be thorough, right?

And kudos on your good scan! Cheers Admir-able!!

informs against BS

#32213 Jan 8, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>BC, they call themselves the rain people
shut down pulp mill left massive hydro, buildings and fresh water, the falls on the ocean
tried to get them to set up a breading program to support the endangered golden eye rock fish(yummy), they wanted to hear nothing of it, asked if I was interested in buying their water to bottle in the states, it's an island, on the coast, long boat ride, expensive plane ride, the lack of sun has affected them in a bad way
it is beautiful, just imagine unlimited electric heat
sup

With utmost respect to an aquatics guy, and having familiarity with small dredges, plankton nets, man-hauling a small trawl, running gill nets, electrofishing, and processing the contents for all that gear; plus seining for crawdads as bank structure preservation:

I get a "tickle" reading about fish, or fry ... and "breading".:)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32214 Jan 8, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year, Brigitte,
hope it will prove to be a better one than 2013.
Tough that ALZHEIMERS..
wishing you the best in dealing with it.
You mention M04,
I just found in life it is very difficult nigh impossible to see properly
into another person's life and get the full true picture
seen from all angles, therefore
I'll leave judgment to a higher order.
M04 had a very difficult time,
we all know why here, no point in rehearsing it again...
and if she did indulge in the little comforts of life
who can blame her.
I know for sure had I been visited with her particular cross,
and all that it entailed -
I sure wouldn't have been half the woman she turned out to be,
in dealing with it.
However, may she Rest in Peace now.
Take care in the inclement weather B...
I have thought about this post regarding Jeannie for days now almost a week or two now ... Just wanted to say I appreciate it ... Gives me great comfort knowing she was not judged in anyway, shape or form but was just known as the gentle true loving woman that she was ... Thanks for posting ... I copied and posted on another thread that I felt had to be shown for all intents and purposes ... it was on a need to know basis ... FC

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T92OJIL...

5400 ...

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#32215 Jan 8, 2014
If I might say one thing. I have seen a lot of tongue lashing on this thread, that made you, El, leave, and feelings have been hurt time and time again. Things that everyone seems to say in haste, or without thinking. Funny to know that emotions run high just when words are printed. I post from time to time here, and read the on going dagger tossing between Tally and LIM. I think that what is tolerable is really anyone who wants to voice an opinion. I love you, I love Grace, and I love Brigitte. We are there for each other time and time again. We keep coming back because deep down, we know each one of us is always on each other's side and would be there for one another at a drop of a hat. I know heated discussions on here about everything, from A to Z sends people into a tail spin at times. Brigitte just wanted to post her feelings, on your thread El, because everyone was on that particular subject. The 3 of us have been posting for years, and we will continue to do so. I would rather share a laugh or two, then to get down and dirty, but I think Brigitte has the right to her feelings and her opinion. So does every one else when jumping into the mix of things. I respect her honesty and her being candid and in no way should retract what she posted. She feels strongly about what she posted and to have her think or feel differently, well, it would not be my friend Brigitte. I would never want to see you, or Grace, agree with something you disagree about, this is what makes you interesting as well. Just my own opinion. (Thank you, Mexican for your heartfelt sympathy about Dennis. It was July 22nd.I will never be the same again. I still love him and I cant deny it)

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#32216 Jan 8, 2014
YO EL..So WHAT..BEEF..DOES BRIGITTE have with ya??

So...WHILE you are Contemplating.. The LONG Version or the SHORT Version..

I BELIEVE I will treat myself.. to..a Slice of Carrot Cake and a HOT COCOA!!..

AND...Heavens to Betsy..DON'T FORGET .THE..

REAL WHIPPED CREAM!!!

;)

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#32217 Jan 8, 2014
I would love a chocolate malt. Have not had one in a long time, at least NOT this year. Ha!

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#32218 Jan 8, 2014
Hi There Lady Eleanor...
I hope that this year will bring you a bounty of richly deserved blessings...
As usual my life remains much the same so there isn't much to tell... We made it through the very evil weather... With the windchill it got as low as -25 here in the valley.... and while the Chi-Kids hated the cold and snow...
Josie Wails was in happy dogland!.. She has grown into a real beauty and so smart...
Sending You and Yours all my best and warmest wishes for Peace, Love, Health and Happiness....
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

Wishing all of the Good Folks who visit El's Kitchen and Blessed and Bountiful New Year...
@}-'--,---

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Derby, UK

#32219 Jan 9, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good evening/morning, Kitchen-eers!
I'm plowed out and dug out now, and rarin' to get around when need be. Cabin fever was starting to make me itch.:)
I started a read: Life On The Mississippi by Mark Twain. This one I had not got around to reading before. Early, it's a historical overview that includes the discovery by the first European, De Soto in the mid 1500s. Then there are the exploration by Marquette and Joliet, and then a later expedition and "conquer" for France by acclamation by La Salle.
All the while, Twain writes of the perspective regarding European historical events during the time lapse pertinent to the events on the Mississippi River.
----------
Did ya all know that a Chicago zoo had to keep its polar bear inside in these recent days?
About 500 Amtrak train passengers were stranded in the boonies outside of Chicago because of ice and drifted snow.
Saw the BBC news about the many villages isolated by flooding in Somerset region of England. And that weather throughout the Auld Isles.
R.I.P to the lives lost in the the crash of the helicopter out of LakenHeath Air Force Base.
'Morning Cuz Luke....interesting about the literature, sounds a worthwhile read.
I am heavily 'into' Ruth Hamilton currently and reading her 'Liverpool Song'...
Now THAT is cold, that they had to keep the Polar Bear indoors......Streuth!
A great tragedy in North Norfolk where the helicopter went down. The Commander
of 48th Flight gave a news conference this morning, just an incredibly sad time for
the USAF, for the bereaved and we feel their loss too.
Just to let you know I paid tribute to Phil Everly in a former post, by placing a music link
of the brothers on here, under 'thanks for the music'....
Glad to hear you are 'on top' of the weather there cuz...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Blitzking 132,324
Dog injures Wyoming man in accidental shooting 11 min -CatCiao- 4
What's your tip for the day? 13 min Repeatly 1,811
I Like..... (Mar '14) 19 min Princess Hey 478
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 21 min Princess Hey 205
Strange ice pancakes appear on Scottish river 29 min -CatCiao- 4
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 40 min Jennifer Renee 7,535
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 51 min BLOODY__FATALITY 25,562
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr Princess Hey 180
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Tom2Tone 152,438