“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#32179 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
I have noticed there is an extreme difference in the way Republicans and Democrats think. On Fox news you can now go on line during one of their programs. You identify yourself as Democrat or independent or Republic and you can so you agree or disagree with what is being said. The Independent and Republican line almost match with the line showing a smooth change going up and down while the Democrat line has very sharp up and down changes. To me this said they rely on emotion and not logic. What do you think?
no, I think it means that republicans all think like republicans, and therefore have a similar opinion to other republicans on a given story, whereas non-republicans will agree or disagree based more on independant thought .... they are more open to looking at things, not like a republican or liberal, but as an independant person who has their OWN opinion..

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32180 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
I have noticed there is an extreme difference in the way Republicans and Democrats think. On Fox news you can now go on line during one of their programs. You identify yourself as Democrat or independent or Republic and you can so you agree or disagree with what is being said. The Independent and Republican line almost match with the line showing a smooth change going up and down while the Democrat line has very sharp up and down changes. To me this said they rely on emotion and not logic. What do you think?
Denny, my last comment is not meat as a slight against Republicans .... my opinion is based on my conversations with hundreds of people over the years ... I find that liberal people are more likley to have a wider range of differing opinoins on the same topic. I find that Republicans are more consistent with each other. Each approach has both pros and cons.

Watch the conversatoins at a party with a mix of both types .... you will hear more arguing of different opinions amongst the liberal groups, and more concensus amongst the republican groups.

A naiton of republicans will be more on the same page and therefore get to a concensus more often and more easily. A nation run by liberals will take longer to come to a concensus because of the wide divergence of opinions. HOwever, that approach can be advantage because the end result will have been more thoroughly examined for flaws, and the end result may be deigned to satisfy a wider range of peoples needs.

the wise politicians of the past designed democratic governments to have an opposition side that can affect votes in the legislature in order to prevent "groupthink" politics which might not take itno account the needs of everyone.

This was actually a backlash against the old monarchies, which took into account mostly the opinions of the elite and thought little of the needs of the peasants, despite them being the majority.(eg. Marie Antoinette "let them eat cake"!)....

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32181 Jan 7, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>fortunatley most of our citizens are used to extreme cold so we handle it better than those who only get that once in a blue moon. I laugh when I see Vancouverites freaking out over 6 inches of snow!!! On the day the snow falls, the tire shops are all busy with people buying decent winter tires. WHy not get them a month earlier, when you KNOW winter is coming? LOL!!!
Yep, if you have no gloves, or cheap thin gloves, in -40 weather, you can get frostbite in less than 10 minutes. Or if your boots are not insulated enough frostbite of the toes in less than15 minutes ...
Point taken -

Regarding - your quote> 'on the day snow falls, the tyre shops are full of people buying
tyres. why not get them earlier'

you ask, Franko >
because folks are creatures of habit, I've seen this kind
of thing repeated 'many times' in other circumstances.

(TYRE spelled differently over here ..
so we're both corect:)

I saw on the news too in this polar snap or whatever its called -
a guy threw a cup of hot water up in the air,
it froze instantly, coming back down .... as snow! WOW! that says it all.

Also, I thought it was lovely to see [in the USA] where
all the homeless unfortunate people were rounded up and brought
indoors, they said it was very overcrowded, but a person in charge suggested
[rightfully] that overcrowding was better than freezing to death!!

I'll say:)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32182 Jan 7, 2014
excuse typo/misspelling 'corect should, of course, be > 'correct'

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32183 Jan 7, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>I am building a vertical axis low speed high torque for running electric heat, 2000 watts, no battery storage, no selling power back to the power company, no no big expense, the biggest cost was the alternator made for a semi,$180, looks like it will be under $500,I expect to get $800 in heat savings a year
the only time it won't work is when the wind stops obviously but that is rare here in the winter and the cheapest time to heat conventional, will need a total of three to heat the garage and keep fish rgowing
Geez, LIM!

If I were a young one again!!

I'd be seriously impressed with your ability
and intelligence,

I'd be looking adoring at you with fluttering eyelashes,
saying .. with pride .. to others present>

"Hey guys!.... That's MY man'

LOL..

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32184 Jan 7, 2014
'adoringly'
Katz

Reading, PA

#32185 Jan 7, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>not really .. we do song links once in a while ....
Oh ok then here's one.

U2 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Lyrics)
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32186 Jan 7, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>no I haven't .. what province or state is that in?
BC, they call themselves the rain people

shut down pulp mill left massive hydro, buildings and fresh water, the falls on the ocean

tried to get them to set up a breading program to support the endangered golden eye rock fish(yummy), they wanted to hear nothing of it, asked if I was interested in buying their water to bottle in the states, it's an island, on the coast, long boat ride, expensive plane ride, the lack of sun has affected them in a bad way
it is beautiful, just imagine unlimited electric heat
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

#32187 Jan 7, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, LIM!
If I were a young one again!!
I'd be seriously impressed with your ability
and intelligence,
I'd be looking adoring at you with fluttering eyelashes,
saying .. with pride .. to others present>
"Hey guys!.... That's MY man'
LOL..
ya never know

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32188 Jan 7, 2014
Katz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok then here's one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8opuBUjkcbUXX
U2 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Lyrics)
I love U2 ... as do (most likely) the Brits and Irish in this forum.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32189 Jan 7, 2014
<quoted text>BC, they call themselves the rain people
shut down pulp mill left massive hydro, buildings and fresh water, the falls on the ocean
tried to get them to set up a breading program to support the endangered golden eye rock fish(yummy), they wanted to hear nothing of it, asked if I was interested in buying their water to bottle in the states, it's an island, on the coast, long boat ride, expensive plane ride, the lack of sun has affected them in a bad way
it is beautiful, just imagine unlimited electric heat
thanks for the history ... interesting and probably not a well known story ...

Found it on the map .. that is definitely a remote region.

This brings up another interesting anecdote ....

The fiords along the BC coast sometims go inland for many miles (over 50 in some cases) and some have a fairley narrow entrance ...

SO, when the tides rise and fall, there is actually a strong current through the narrows, often like a raging river. IN shallow waters it can look like rapids ....

The only time a small fishing boat can easily and safely pass through these narrows is at highest or lowest tide, when the flow is minimal for about 20 to 30 minutes.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Verwood, UK

#32190 Jan 8, 2014
Scan was okay - they did re-assure me a little, but won't get results until 16th. Received a call this morning - I have yet another scan tomorrow - an enhanced CT one. I only hope they are just being very thorough, but it is a tad unnerving.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32191 Jan 8, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
Scan was okay - they did re-assure me a little, but won't get results until 16th. Received a call this morning - I have yet another scan tomorrow - an enhanced CT one. I only hope they are just being very thorough, but it is a tad unnerving.
Yeh, I'd say just being very thorough, they are
all like that,
I feel you'll come through alright,
thanks for allowing us share your journey,
it has been MORE valuable than you know..

While we're here, on a different matter,
would like your opinion of 'Schumacher'-

Personally, I don't like the sound of it,
we had a similar case here of a friend
musician [years back] who fell [down steps]
he was 'bad' when he went into ICU, then became stable,
we were all delighted, later that changed and he was on life support..
for a month until he passed.

Anyway.
Good Luck with that Tony.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32192 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>ya never know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =p9RchGMmizgXX
Great choice,
Always loved the song

"You can laugh when your dreams
fall apart at the seams'

what a beautiful line!

|I think 'I' can be accused of being
'Young at heart':)

A warm GOOD DAY to everyone here.
Simran

Ashburn, VA

#32193 Jan 8, 2014
mai free hu. koi hai. 08950845928

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32195 Jan 8, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
450 million years ago there was 60% more oxygen in the air. The result was super size everything. You had toads as big as alligators. God bless higher co2 levels :) What is so funny is all the hype about solar energy. Now there are places that make perfect sense to use solar power but England isn't one of them. Were I hunt in Dumas there are lots of huge wind mills and they produce a great deal of energy and that is because it is a windy place. The bad thing is they kill lots of birds . I am for using all kinds of energy be it coal or wind or sun
On the contrary. I built my house in Ohio in the wintertime. Ohio only gets about 4 days a year of bright sunshine. While I was building the house without a heating system, my master bedroom was very comfortable due to the large sliding glass door on the south side. I finished the house with a
(5) panel Lennox domestic hot water system. If I changed the plumbing around, I could make steam. Everything worked efficiently up until I lost the house in a divorce.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32196 Jan 8, 2014
I just recently heard of "Polar Snap" and "Polar Vortex." I always thought an "Alberta Clipper" was a sailing vessel.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32197 Jan 8, 2014
We are warm here in Tennessee, the home of Al Gore. We profit from the warmth of his political hot air and the Gamma Rays reflecting off his bald head.........I think he had a rock band in high school. "Al Gore and the Algorhymes."

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32198 Jan 8, 2014
Sorry. Forgot the "t".

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32199 Jan 8, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
It will all turn out good Tony

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio Sam will suck Co ck 2 min leosnana 3
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 4 min beatlesinafog 234
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 8 min Mechanic 2,863
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 9 min Hegel 30
Why Is Ferrerman Such A SISSY? 13 min LOL 2
The letter F (Jun '13) 27 min whatimeisit 909
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 30 min whatimeisit 7,579
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 35 min _hellbilly_ 170
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 40 min Sublime 25,562
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 50 min _hellbilly_ 152,433