“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Clacton-on-sea, UK

#32159 Jan 7, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
Morning ER and all here - do me a favour and keep your fingers crossed at 1545 UK time today. I have another MRI scan, having had one just before Xmas. A little worrying as it suggests that something was thrown up by the previous one, so a little nervous over this one. Get the results on 16 Jan at the medical review, all being well.
You bet Tony, all of us here are rooting for you, hopes of a good result are in our
hearts and minds.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#32160 Jan 7, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
Morning ER and all here - do me a favour and keep your fingers crossed at 1545 UK time today. I have another MRI scan, having had one just before Xmas. A little worrying as it suggests that something was thrown up by the previous one, so a little nervous over this one. Get the results on 16 Jan at the medical review, all being well.
First things first,
great to see you Tony so well at the top
of 2014, you are a real warrior!

|Hoping - fingers firmly crossed - for the good
new you are awaiting,
please keep us updated.

Thanks.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32161 Jan 7, 2014
Well, yesterday didn't go according to
the cinema plan I had outlined!

We had gale force winds and a major power cut,
back to candles and fires,
couldn't be bothered fooling about the kitchen
trying to make a meal in the dark, so I
went out and treated myself:) and got Ali a treat too!!

Wishing one and all a pleasant winter's day..

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32162 Jan 7, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Most of Canada is afflcited with the same issues as the USA ... in fact, a bit worse since we are further north .... thankfully the west side of the Rocky mountains (my area) is relatively unscathed in the southern half.
Saw that in last night's news too, awful weather,
the wind chill is dangerous and seemingly, folks can only
stay out in it for short periods.

Definitely global warming
would you say???

Thanks for your others post too Franko,
how kind of you to say.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32163 Jan 7, 2014
tony1003 wrote:
the waiting is the worse.
try to keep urself busy so u don't think so much about it.
good luck Tony, I sincerely hope all things go well for u.
:}

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32164 Jan 7, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning ALL,
It was fun coming back.....but when I realised I had neglected to
reply to some VIP on here, I also realised I shouldn't be here,
acting as (as DUH puts it)'hostess'. So I opted to pop in now
and then as a guest.
PFfff......I do apologise for not replying to your heartfelt post......
Flower too although I was able to visit your thread albeit briefly.
Franko too.....
People...please look at the number of posts I have made in all the years. I am so limited to time due to commitments,(sp) lol,
consequently I know I hurt a very lovely friend by not replying to
her.
No harm meant.
Anyways, do enjoy the companionship here and I will see y'all now
and again.
Bora Da.
its ok El,
not important.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Margate, UK

#32165 Jan 7, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
its ok El,
not important.
Obviously it was to me.

I wouldn't wish to hurt Flower for the world....:)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32166 Jan 7, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously it was to me.
I wouldn't wish to hurt Flower for the world....:)
Good morning El and PF and all who come to this warm friendly kitchen. Still very cold here but not as bad as yesterday. I love the global warming crowd. All those ice breakers trap in the summer ice and they claim that is proof of global warming. If it is getting colder it is caused by man and if it is getting warmer it is caused by man. What folly ; )

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Margate, UK

#32167 Jan 7, 2014
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
its ok El,
not important.
Hey PFfff....you realise I'm just funnin' with ya...

I was truly upset I missed your post, thought I
had replied. Getting old!

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Margate, UK

#32168 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El and PF and all who come to this warm friendly kitchen. Still very cold here but not as bad as yesterday. I love the global warming crowd. All those ice breakers trap in the summer ice and they claim that is proof of global warming. If it is getting colder it is caused by man and if it is getting warmer it is caused by man. What folly ; )
Hi Denny...I keep hearing about the vortex...I haven't a clue what they are talking about.
Since before mankind the earth has shifted...it is Nature, with man having a hand in it
as well.
I just pity those affected.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32169 Jan 7, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Denny...I keep hearing about the vortex...I haven't a clue what they are talking about.
Since before mankind the earth has shifted...it is Nature, with man having a hand in it
as well.
I just pity those affected.
The climate has changed on the other planets too. No doubt it is our fault :) The sun is the reason for climate change or at least the major reason. It is true we have more co2 than ever but that doesn't relate to climate change. It has been both warmer and colder in the past. What is the proper temperature?????My friends in England are concerned with global warming. What would be the effect of a warmer England? A longer growing season and milder winter. Oh no!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32170 Jan 7, 2014
450 million years ago there was 60% more oxygen in the air. The result was super size everything. You had toads as big as alligators. God bless higher co2 levels :) What is so funny is all the hype about solar energy. Now there are places that make perfect sense to use solar power but England isn't one of them. Were I hunt in Dumas there are lots of huge wind mills and they produce a great deal of energy and that is because it is a windy place. The bad thing is they kill lots of birds . I am for using all kinds of energy be it coal or wind or sun
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Saline, MI

#32171 Jan 7, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Most of Canada is afflcited with the same issues as the USA ... in fact, a bit worse since we are further north .... thankfully the west side of the Rocky mountains (my area) is relatively unscathed in the southern half.
ever been to Ocean Falls?
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Saline, MI

#32172 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
450 million years ago there was 60% more oxygen in the air. The result was super size everything. You had toads as big as alligators. God bless higher co2 levels :) What is so funny is all the hype about solar energy. Now there are places that make perfect sense to use solar power but England isn't one of them. Were I hunt in Dumas there are lots of huge wind mills and they produce a great deal of energy and that is because it is a windy place. The bad thing is they kill lots of birds . I am for using all kinds of energy be it coal or wind or sun
I am building a vertical axis low speed high torque for running electric heat, 2000 watts, no battery storage, no selling power back to the power company, no no big expense, the biggest cost was the alternator made for a semi,$180, looks like it will be under $500,I expect to get $800 in heat savings a year

the only time it won't work is when the wind stops obviously but that is rare here in the winter and the cheapest time to heat conventional, will need a total of three to heat the garage and keep fish rgowing

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32173 Jan 7, 2014
I have noticed there is an extreme difference in the way Republicans and Democrats think. On Fox news you can now go on line during one of their programs. You identify yourself as Democrat or independent or Republic and you can so you agree or disagree with what is being said. The Independent and Republican line almost match with the line showing a smooth change going up and down while the Democrat line has very sharp up and down changes. To me this said they rely on emotion and not logic. What do you think?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32174 Jan 7, 2014
El please check this out. I found it very interesting on climate change

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#32175 Jan 7, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Well, yesterday didn't go according to
the cinema plan I had outlined!
We had gale force winds and a major power cut,
back to candles and fires,
couldn't be bothered fooling about the kitchen
trying to make a meal in the dark, so I
went out and treated myself:) and got Ali a treat too!!
Wishing one and all a pleasant winter's day..
one can't live on Beer or Guiness though (that is what yuo meant by a treat?)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32176 Jan 7, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw that in last night's news too, awful weather,
the wind chill is dangerous and seemingly, folks can only
stay out in it for short periods.
Definitely global warming
would you say???
Thanks for your others post too Franko,
how kind of you to say.
fortunatley most of our citizens are used to extreme cold so we handle it better than those who only get that once in a blue moon. I laugh when I see Vancouverites freaking out over 6 inches of snow!!! On the day the snow falls, the tire shops are all busy with people buying decent winter tires. WHy not get them a month earlier, when you KNOW winter is coming? LOL!!!

Yep, if you have no gloves, or cheap thin gloves, in -40 weather, you can get frostbite in less than 10 minutes. Or if your boots are not insulated enough frostbite of the toes in less than15 minutes ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32177 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>The climate has changed on the other planets too. No doubt it is our fault :) The sun is the reason for climate change or at least the major reason. It is true we have more co2 than ever but that doesn't relate to climate change. It has been both warmer and colder in the past. What is the proper temperature?????My friends in England are concerned with global warming. What would be the effect of a warmer England? A longer growing season and milder winter. Oh no!
the ultimate effect of log term warmer temperatures will be a raising of the ocean levels ... which means that miliions of square miles of land would be flooded, worth trillions of dollars .. and where will the owners of that land go? They can't sell it since it will be worthless ....

And yes, archaelogical records prove that ocean levels have been at least 30 feet higher in the past .... also during ice ages, water was around 150-200 feet lower!!!!

most of manhatten would be 10 to 20 feet underwater ...

London would also have extensive flooding.

Half of the Netherlands wold be gone, unless they build those dykes 40 feet higher ....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32178 Jan 7, 2014
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>ever been to Ocean Falls?
no I haven't .. what province or state is that in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog injures Wyoming man in accidental shooting 7 min Christsharian Law 51
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 8 min wichita-rick 2,197
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 8 min J ValJean 471
Shot the SB's, that'll shut'm Up! 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Blitzking 134,669
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 18 min Mega Monster 7,833
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Crazy Beautiful 152,907
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 34 min CrunchyBacon 26,031
Is it possible to....... 45 min Brandiiiiiiii 616
More from around the web