“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#32096 Jan 4, 2014
Teretta Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too kind dear Grace Muhlissa..(lol)
'
May this upcoming year be the very best that you have ever had...and hope they get better and better........So kind and loving...... Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days, all the daze of your life... and you shall dwell in the house of LORD forever,,, and you shall eat at the table spread for you..(and hopefully us)..... Psalm 23 ish....
'
Bless you Grace... and of course EL..... Two peas in a pod.. and I wanna be in between.. hahaha.... Love you both.. very much and wishing you the best yer ever..... and all that may graze along this thread..... Teretta... The Duh!!!....
'
My , my , my... 2 Timothy chapter 3...
'
Teretta WOK.. Duh.. 4650 8)
Hello Deasr Duh,

So good to see you around,

how's the lovely new baby doing?
what a Christmas gift!

I'm in the same boat standing in the wings
waiting to be crowned Granny for the 2nd time:)

Hope you and Loret are in good health..
hope 2014 brings lots of the best things
your way...

All the very best.

Madam Muhlissa:)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32097 Jan 4, 2014
franko wrote:
I was quite surprised about the language allowed on that TV show though ... I thuoght Ireland was a conservative country?
Oddly enough Franko, we wonder too how MRS BROWNE get away
with all the colourful language!!

It IS funny tho:)
glad you can get it.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Woking, UK

#32098 Jan 4, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
VERY FITTING, El and thanks.
Good to see you around,
was wondering if you've been affected by the very bad weather..
I followed a few reports on SKY NEWS Britain/Ireland were
hit hard, and it's to continue, we had a weather alert out
today for snow, below freezing temps and high winds again late
Sunday!!!
but when I see pic of the Boston conditions and heavy snow falls!!!!!!
I'd love someone around Offbeat from Boston to give us more detail.
Anyway, to get over January day by day, is the plan.
All good wishes to you El,
and to all your KITCHEN customers:)
Thanks Grace......nice to see you again, have been having a blast
in the RW, Thursday we re-roofed the chalet, Friday we replaced
the roofing felt which had blown off again, and the thumb is healing
nicely from where I dropped the drill onto it. LOL
Well yes, in comparison to Boston we must feel positively lucky, but
for all that it was wonderful to have the heating system restored
yesterday afternoon.

It appears that Michael Schumacher is improving, that is such good news.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#32099 Jan 4, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Kinda sparse in THE KITCHEN this day,
maybe folks still on holiday.
Very nice post from 'Duh'
Wicked weather over here, storms and high winds,
think El has similar weather.
I put a poem on here yesterday
about THE NEW YEAR
Did it turn up at all?
just wondering..
Have a good day - all.
MY EXCUSE is, I have a puoppy nipping at my heels and everywhere else. He found Van Gogh's toy box and every thing in there is dragged into my sister's room. Learned he could spill his water bowl all over, and loves to rip newspaper. So since I have an UMBILLICAL CHORD puppy, Murphy Doodle is what I call him, I have to post on the run. Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeee Saturday, El, Grace, Franko, Tally, Deer Whisperer, Denny, everyone's animals, got 30 minutes before I head out for work, all day, so everyone have a fantastic day!!!! How is 2014 going for everyone thus far??????

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#32100 Jan 4, 2014
I dont know what a PUOPPY is, but I am sure that is a word somewhere.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32101 Jan 4, 2014
Good morning El and all who come to this warm kitchen :) Enjoy your weekend

Since: Oct 07

Mount Pleasant, SC

#32102 Jan 4, 2014
Just want to stop by and wish El, Grace, Vee, Dennis, and all the El's visitors and friends a Happy New Year 2014. Hope it will bring you Love, Happiness, Health and lots and lots of $$$!
Leaving in 10 days for a month, going to take care of my Mom again who is getting 2 surgeries done, nothing frightening, but a woman is needed for the post surgeries...so...here I am again nurse ratched! hopefully the weather will be better than last year and so will be my health...I was sick pretty much all the time I was there...taking the dog again...will be the last time I think....since Alzheimer seems to have done some progressing on my Mom...plus too many flights changes this time of the year and it is going to be hard on the dog...

Other than that...not much...I saw that we lost someone here...I will be lying to say I feel bad for her since she persisted to gorge herself to death, without talking about the smoking...I know, I know...not very nice...but I have nothing nice to say to someone with so little morals...and I can't forget someone betrayal...

Anyway...life's goes on...have a wonderful week-end...

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#32103 Jan 4, 2014
Just an FYI, in 3 days we are going to be hit with 19 degrees. You can find me hiding under the bed with Van Gogh and Murphy Doodle. An excuse for me to stop by AGAIN, twice in one day and say hello to Brigitte!!!! How is everything, happy New Year and when I get a moment during the puppy sleeping craze, I will call you, long over do I know. Have to send you pictures of Murphy Doodle, also. Full blooded Irish Woilfhound. He flew from Kansas to here, I think. I am sure, I have your e mail somewhere. We need to finally meet one another!!!!!!!!!!

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#32104 Jan 4, 2014
Good evening/Sunday morning Kitchen-eers.

News & weather ... er, weather.
Had a preliminary snow 3 nights ago. Roads were a mess next day for awhile. Impact of economic recovery. Temp dipped below 0F Thursday night/Friday morn.

Was a balmy above freezing during this afternoon. Awaiting the snow storm and Arctic chill to come.

The weather in the New England states and over there in U.K. and Ireland has been and what's to come here I'd say is scary. Bad things can happen. This morning I saw footage of cliffs in Great Britain collapsing away.

Sports shorts ---

Saw ending minutes of Arsenal taking Tottenham 2 goals to nil.
Indianapolis Colts victorious over the Kansas City Chiefs on the gridiron at Indianapolis indoor stadium 45 - 44.

Another game in progress in Philadelphia in the outdoors. Two more in outdoor stadiums Sunday. A Wisconsin city on the Bay of Green hosts one. Air temp below zero likely. Most certainly very negative wind chill factor.

Setting the auto-timer on the coffee maker.

informs against BS

#32105 Jan 4, 2014
BRIGITTE wrote:
Just want to stop by and wish El, Grace, Vee, Dennis, and all the El's visitors and friends a Happy New Year 2014. Hope it will bring you Love, Happiness, Health and lots and lots of $$$!
Leaving in 10 days for a month, going to take care of my Mom again who is getting 2 surgeries done, nothing frightening, but a woman is needed for the post surgeries...so...here I am again nurse ratched! hopefully the weather will be better than last year and so will be my health...I was sick pretty much all the time I was there...taking the dog again...will be the last time I think....since Alzheimer seems to have done some progressing on my Mom...plus too many flights changes this time of the year and it is going to be hard on the dog...
Other than that...not much...I saw that we lost someone here...I will be lying to say I feel bad for her since she persisted to gorge herself to death, without talking about the smoking...I know, I know...not very nice...but I have nothing nice to say to someone with so little morals...and I can't forget someone betrayal...
Happy New Year Brigitte and Godspeed on your trip to assist your mother.

informs against BS

#32106 Jan 4, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Grace......nice to see you again, have been having a blast
in the RW, Thursday we re-roofed the chalet, Friday we replaced
the roofing felt which had blown off again, and the thumb is healing
nicely from where I dropped the drill onto it. LOL
Well yes, in comparison to Boston we must feel positively lucky, but
for all that it was wonderful to have the heating system restored
yesterday afternoon.
It appears that Michael Schumacher is improving, that is such good news.
My word, El! Glad you're on the mend. I swear that chalet is hexed. Can you find a Druid to perform some kind of blessing ritual about it??!:)

Glad that Schumacher seems to have made it. I read that he was wearing a helmet but got bashed on the side of his head.

Well being wishes for you and Mr. P.

informs against BS

#32107 Jan 4, 2014
Forgot some good news! Today, I saw TWO foxes trot across my back yard -- separated by about 3 minutes and quite a few yards up the road toward the top of the hill.

That matches the number I've seen previously in my yard in 15 years.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Woking, UK

#32109 Jan 5, 2014
Vee wrote:
<quoted text> MY EXCUSE is, I have a puoppy nipping at my heels and everywhere else. He found Van Gogh's toy box and every thing in there is dragged into my sister's room. Learned he could spill his water bowl all over, and loves to rip newspaper. So since I have an UMBILLICAL CHORD puppy, Murphy Doodle is what I call him, I have to post on the run. Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeee Saturday, El, Grace, Franko, Tally, Deer Whisperer, Denny, everyone's animals, got 30 minutes before I head out for work, all day, so everyone have a fantastic day!!!! How is 2014 going for everyone thus far??????
I can see from the photos your new puppy is a darling.....he is off to a good start in life
with his new devoted family. I love this breed, the Irish Wolfhound with whom we were
lucky enough to share our lives came to us at the ripe old age of 7 and a half, I will
never forget that first night. She had lived outdoors all her life, and not used to stairs,
we lived in a cottage with very steep stairs, I settled her down in the kitchen before
going to bed where she had her own settee..she seemed happy enough.
In the dark of the night I could hear chains rattling and approaching my bedroom door...
Letty had opened the kitchen door and was climbing the stairs! S L O W L Y! It
put the fear of God in me, lol.
One of her traits I soon found out was, if she sensed children were afraid of her because of her size, she would lie down so she was no taller than they. The Gentle Giant indeed, never one in history attacked a child.
May your Murphy Doodle bring you as much joy and happiness as our Letty brought to us.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Woking, UK

#32110 Jan 5, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning El and all who come to this warm kitchen :) Enjoy your weekend
Denny.....a pleasure to see you this morning...as always. What can I get you...within reason, haha! Have you escaped this awful weather hitting the United States, I haven't seen any news on Texas only the Mid-West.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Woking, UK

#32111 Jan 5, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good evening/Sunday morning Kitchen-eers.
News & weather ... er, weather.
Had a preliminary snow 3 nights ago. Roads were a mess next day for awhile. Impact of economic recovery. Temp dipped below 0F Thursday night/Friday morn.
Was a balmy above freezing during this afternoon. Awaiting the snow storm and Arctic chill to come.
The weather in the New England states and over there in U.K. and Ireland has been and what's to come here I'd say is scary. Bad things can happen. This morning I saw footage of cliffs in Great Britain collapsing away.
Sports shorts ---
Saw ending minutes of Arsenal taking Tottenham 2 goals to nil.
Indianapolis Colts victorious over the Kansas City Chiefs on the gridiron at Indianapolis indoor stadium 45 - 44.
Another game in progress in Philadelphia in the outdoors. Two more in outdoor stadiums Sunday. A Wisconsin city on the Bay of Green hosts one. Air temp below zero likely. Most certainly very negative wind chill factor.
Setting the auto-timer on the coffee maker.
Streuth Cuz Luke...I saw the conditions in Indiana just now on Sky News, good Heavens
above, what IS happening with the weather. I believe it's unusually cold in Chicago
also so thoughts go out to Quincy..and of course Paise in Indiana. I hope you are stocked
up and don't have to go out at all.
How about the 200 or so football fans who volunteered to clear the pitch for an important match...now that is what dedication is all about. Rather nice volunteers also dug out around elderly people's homes to enable them to get out, a nice community spirit there.
That was shocking to see the cliffs falling away.....and closer to home, Aberystwyth
have been hit badly, a University town, students warned not to return until the weather calms down, as homes flooded.
Yes, Arsenal are doing very well, as are Liverpool, not so much Manchester United.
The players do not have the fear factor which brought the best out of them under Sir Alex.
You take good care Cuz.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Woking, UK

#32112 Jan 5, 2014
BRIGITTE wrote:
It's very nice to see you again Brigitte, it's been a while and I had no idea you had
been sick, hopefully you are completely recovered by now. It will be of a great
comfort to your Mama to have you close I am sure, mine was the reason I
returned to the UK from America....and stayed. Met P...the rest is history! lol
Alzheimers is so cruel....I only have knowledge of seeing my friend suffer this,
her own mother had Parkinson's.....it all makes you wonder WHY.
But as you say life goes on, and you can only do your best.
Hope there are moments of happiness for you back in France and that the New Year
is kinder to you than the old one.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32113 Jan 5, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Forgot some good news! Today, I saw TWO foxes trot across my back yard -- separated by about 3 minutes and quite a few yards up the road toward the top of the hill.
That matches the number I've seen previously in my yard in 15 years.
It's the opposite hee,
Gd Morning DW.

They are running all over the place
and very clever too, they don't really come
out 'til night time, to look about for food.

There's a field near us, I very often bring a bag
of food [left overs of the day] and place it under
a tree [my dog watches very curiously as I do,
wondering what this ritual is all about:)

Next day I pass the tree and there's NEVER a morsel left behind!

they have earned their name in being very clever too,
as, if you're out late driving, you can see them scampering
all over and running across main roads but notwithstanding
all that I NEVER see one having been knocked down by a car!

On another matter, yes, Michael Schumacher is stable,
but will he be brain damaged as a result,
very tough call, and appasrently he had stopped
only minutes before the crash to help someone else up.
SAD.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32114 Jan 5, 2014
'apparently' not 'appasrently' lol

in case Tally is censoring:)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32115 Jan 5, 2014
BRIGITTE wrote:
Happy New Year, Brigitte,
hope it will prove to be a better one than 2013.

Tough that ALZHEIMERS..
wishing you the best in dealing with it.

You mention M04,
I just found in life it is very difficult nigh impossible to see properly
into another person's life and get the full true picture
seen from all angles, therefore
I'll leave judgment to a higher order.

M04 had a very difficult time,
we all know why here, no point in rehearsing it again...
and if she did indulge in the little comforts of life
who can blame her.
I know for sure had I been visited with her particular cross,
and all that it entailed -
I sure wouldn't have been half the woman she turned out to be,
in dealing with it.

However, may she Rest in Peace now.

Take care in the inclement weather B...

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#32116 Jan 5, 2014
El,
The good news is
MORE lashings of rain & wind in store for you and me:)

so no dancing in the promenade today!

It is calm now, but heavy rain and gale force winds
waiting to display what they can do!

HAS to be global warming, as there is
a notable change ALL OVER,

Stay warm and cosy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min DanFromSmithville 132,627
Posting Etiquette (Feb '14) 7 min Independent1 288
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 7 min wichita-rick 2,147
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 8 min Old Sam 434
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 27 min Nevin 7,574
one word only (Jun '08) 28 min Cyan in CA 55,204
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 31 min one who pays atte... 25,691
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Roy 152,480
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr X Crypsis X 309
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 2 hr andet1987 229