“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#32055 Jan 1, 2014
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee New Year, and happeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Wednesday. For those who got pictures of Murphy, he is half the size he appears to be in all photos. The camera magnified too much. I spent last night running around, everytime Murphy moved a muscle, I was mother hen. I keep telling myself, "He is ONLY 8 weeks old." He is from high lineage, well bred, from excellent stock. His baby teeth are in sharp as needles. Teething of course. Puppies. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH. He is crying a little when left unoccupied as he just left 80 acres of land and 20 other Irish Wolf hounds, including mommy and daddy, He comes from the state of Kansas. I think my sister has taken a zillion pictures. My sister said he will noit be going on the beds. Guess where he slept for HOURS last night? He is smart as a whip, paper trained (I should be so trained) and Van Gogh is NOT thrilled to have him around. Van Gogh will be 10 next month. Snarling, growling, and MURPHY is NOT used to that since all Irish Wolfhounds that he just departed from are all laid back, gentle giants. Puppies. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AT LAST-

I'm delighted for you Vee,
and that is one lucky puppy having TWO
adoring mommies! at his beck & call,
of course it will take Van Gogh a while to learn to
share lol.. he's used to being the boss around the place.

What a great start to the year...
new beginning in a few senses of the word.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Vee.

Be prepared for a lot of cushion chewing etc
for a bit [lol as you know]

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32056 Jan 1, 2014
***** Happy New Year Lady El ***** and many more to come! Love, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#32057 Jan 1, 2014
* Happy New Years to all that come, in good faith and spirits, to Lady El's Kitchen * Thanks for making her happy * Hope your new year is as good or better than 2013 ... CHEERS! FC <3 ...

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#32058 Jan 1, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Not quite what I had in mind but the message is sincere.....
Wishing everyone here a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
Myself.....a New Year Resolution is to reduce my time on the pc....
and concentrate more on the RW.
So I will pop in now and again as a guest....remember this Kitchen was
for all.
Cheers.
Cheers and be well, Cuz El.

What the Vulcan with the pointy ears said seems right for all .... Live long and prosper.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#32059 Jan 1, 2014
Sebastians mom wrote:
So sorry to hear of Mo4's passing. Prayers for family and friends.
she just posted a few days ago, sounding very positive. Are you sure about this?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32060 Jan 1, 2014
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good Morning All,
Firstly, I wish to add my thoughts
to others here on the passing of Jean/M04..
Only days ago she posted *here*
In the Kitchen-
see page > 1563.
She is definitely part of OFFBEAT past,
A lady who saw VERY hard times but who
who had an optimistic streak which
brought her through.
She was so proud of Chris and of how
He's getting on now..
And how she loved the antics of little Ella.
May her good soul rest in peace.
I guess this news is true.... I agree with your comment Grace. Well said. We've all become part of each others lives in a small way here in TOPIX. In some cases, more than a small way.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32061 Jan 1, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
I will say out in the open that MO4 was a happy woman, and a very happy grandma the last couple of years. Her loved ones are doing well, and she spent a lot of time with her precious granddaughter. My how she loved that little girl.
I want to share her last FB post, as she was loving woman and I know she meant this for everyone she knew;
It's a colorful pic of a lovely outdoor evening party setting, and it says,
"Goodnight Friends
Sleep well with the Lord
Sweet dreams and God bless"
Praying folks, her sister has asked for prayers for her family.
thank you for this post Paise and filling us in on the details and talking about the positives ...

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#32062 Jan 1, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>thank you for this post Paise and filling us in on the details and talking about the positives ...
You're welcome Franko.
I hope a blessed 2014 to you and yours :-)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32063 Jan 1, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>You're welcome Franko.
I hope a blessed 2014 to you and yours :-)
Thanks and same to you Paise .... have those waters receded yet?

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32064 Jan 1, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks and same to you Paise .... have those waters receded yet?
YW. Yes the water went down, by Christmas morning we were able to put on our waders, put the gifts on a kayak, and walk them out of here and join the kids for a nice morning. How was y'all Christmas? We just got word we're going to see -14F by Tuesday morning, colder than anything I've ever experienced. Any survival tips from a Canadian? lol

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32065 Jan 1, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>YW. Yes the water went down, by Christmas morning we were able to put on our waders, put the gifts on a kayak, and walk them out of here and join the kids for a nice morning. How was y'all Christmas? We just got word we're going to see -14F by Tuesday morning, colder than anything I've ever experienced. Any survival tips from a Canadian? lol
It was normal, nothing to write home about like your experience ....

the main advice? don't go out if you don't have to, dress warm, make sure you have something as backup in case the power and heat go out ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#32066 Jan 1, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>YW. Yes the water went down, by Christmas morning we were able to put on our waders, put the gifts on a kayak, and walk them out of here and join the kids for a nice morning. How was y'all Christmas? We just got word we're going to see -14F by Tuesday morning, colder than anything I've ever experienced. Any survival tips from a Canadian? lol
caN YOU BUILD A DAM OR a hill to put your house on???? LOL!!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#32067 Jan 1, 2014
Happy New Year 2014..El..!!

Just dropping by..before Bedtime..Think I'll have treat.. Hmmmmm..

A Chocolate Chip Muffin and a HOT cup of French Roast sounds good..

Anybody that is here.. COMPLAINING.. of COLD winter Weather.. BEST move to FLORIDA!!

BUNDLE UP!!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32068 Jan 1, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>It was normal, nothing to write home about like your experience ....
the main advice? don't go out if you don't have to, dress warm, make sure you have something as backup in case the power and heat go out ...
Oh if I can only avoid going out! I will try, but the kids (I still call them kids though they're grown now, lol), I'm sure will need something...I do take a 'kit' in the van, wool blankets, shovel, generic kitty litter. And we have a wood stove and 4 cords of split wood up here in the decks with us. If the power goes down we'll be warm and I can cook on it. I could even see some family coming here because of that too. I sure hope the power doesn't go down in the high winds coming, lol.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32069 Jan 1, 2014
franko wrote:
<quoted text>caN YOU BUILD A DAM OR a hill to put your house on???? LOL!!!
lol
Well the house is and stays high and dry, it's on columns in the air, almost over the river itself. Though one year it got within a couple of inches, it's been here 87 years and has never had water in it. It's the ground beneath and all around us that gets covered with sometimes several feet of water. Normally we don't even think about leaving when the water is high, it's quite a thing to cookout on the deck in the middle of a swollen, raging river, lol. We usually enjoy it. But with the need to get out at Christmas this time, it was a little stressful.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32070 Jan 2, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>lol
Well the house is and stays high and dry, it's on columns in the air, almost over the river itself. Though one year it got within a couple of inches, it's been here 87 years and has never had water in it. It's the ground beneath and all around us that gets covered with sometimes several feet of water. Normally we don't even think about leaving when the water is high, it's quite a thing to cookout on the deck in the middle of a swollen, raging river, lol. We usually enjoy it. But with the need to get out at Christmas this time, it was a little stressful.
Good morning Pais. May your new year be less exciting :) Keep dry

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32071 Jan 2, 2014
I have been told MO4 passed away Tuesday of heart failure

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#32073 Jan 2, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Pais. May your new year be less exciting :) Keep dry
Good morning Denny! I hope you had a good Christmas and New Year. Yes, MO4 did pass, unexpectedly, early Tues. morn, and her loved ones could use a little prayer.

“Happy "2015" New Year ”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Be Careful and Safe

#32074 Jan 2, 2014
so sorry to hear this..death isnt easy and very sad...prayers for family and friends going up..everybody have a warm cozy day..raining in my neck of the woods but suppose to turn bad later..

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#32075 Jan 2, 2014
No Way! MO4 is gone! She is one of the originals with unconditional love for everyone. God Bless Her!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Chimney1 134,799
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 40 min mr goodwrench 138,434
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min CJ Rocker 152,928
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 7,860
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 26,057
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 1 hr Stormare 17,960
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr Stormare 77,712
Is it possible to....... 4 hr Old Sam 620
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 4 hr dragoon70056 3,051
More from around the web