El's Kitchen

“The ultimate equality:”

Since: Nov 09

extinction

#32017 Dec 30, 2013
Dreadful weather on both sides of the Atlantic has been seen on the color TV as well. Cheers to the grit and health of those affected.

The gales, the floods, the ice-storm, the bone-chilling cold ...

It shall be Spring again.

extinction

#32018 Dec 30, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Chic....it was indeed, Christmas was lovely, and I sincerely hope yours was too.
It's funny, I haven't watched a western in years, and have been on the look-out on
the tv to find 'The Alamo' is on this afternoon, it's miserable out so am going to put
feet up and watch it, or at least half and record the rest for later as it a long 'un.
Isn't Chuck Connors the 'martial arts cowboy'? now not familar with Clint Walker,
but will look him up, ah, those were the days men were men!
A Very Happy and Healthy New Year to you and yours too, with an abundance of Peace.
Would ye be thinkin' of Chuck Norris as a 'martial arts cowboy'?

More recent movies dubbed "westerns" have been made. You might be able to find them.

Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman -- dark
Silverado with Kevin Kline, Kevin Costner and others

two movies about Wyatt Earp:
Tombstone -- Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliott
Wyatt Earp -- Kevin Costner, Gene Hackman

and a gritty, gritty "Deadwood" HBO-TV series on DVD set(s) with Ian McShane and an ensemble.

extinction

#32019 Dec 30, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect both are equally dangerous, doesn't bear thinking about.
I know who this is, it's rather like,'your property is not as safe as you thought', know
what I mean. Well, it isn't now, the roof has blown off, lol
Got the policy out and not insured for accidental damage to out-buildings, kicking
myself now. This is just a leisure building though, so nothing in comparison to
many who have lost their homes.
I would say it depends on the intentions of the burglar.....as to any actions taken.
For instance, a kid broke into my M-I-L's, just hungry, took some food, and a
small amount of money.....
My word! Your chalet lost its roof AND was broken into by "outlaws"??

Did someone put a hex on that building? ;)

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#32020 Dec 31, 2013
Wanting to wish EVERYONE in the great kitchen
a happy, healthy and prosperous

NEW YEAR.

Love and Peace..

GN.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Location hidden

#32021 Dec 31, 2013
Without anticipating good or bad, sorrow or pleasure, I just want to wish everyone here a wonderful New Year and that includes all pets. Our Irish Wolfhound puppy could NOT come in yesterday but is arriving today. Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee TWOSday! We had our Christmas party last night at work, they catered italian. Things like this, and holidays come and go so quickly of late, if you blink your eyes you miss it. No matter how many times I blink mine, I will still see an Irish Wolfhound when he is full grown, filling up every room he walks in.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#32022 Dec 31, 2013
I just got a rumble about Jeane Gosset has passed

aka MO4 waiting on a confirmation or any details

“Big Sur”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#32023 Dec 31, 2013
tallyho wrote:
I just got a rumble about Jeane Gosset has passed
aka MO4 waiting on a confirmation or any details
It's true Tally, she died of heart failure, so sad!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#32024 Dec 31, 2013
YO..El..HAVE a ROCKIN' 2014 filled with TASTY new recipes!!!

Why yes, I shall sample your Cheesecake Platter and enjoy a HOT cup of French Roast..Oooohhhh La-La!!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#32025 Dec 31, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true Tally, she died of heart failure, so sad!
so so sorry dear . my heart is very heavy , no words can I say will ease the family's pain ... pray I will....
I'm persona non gratia here so I will contact you

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#32026 Dec 31, 2013
thanks double DD got it now

yes MO4..... sad sad sad

“Big Sur”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#32027 Dec 31, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
so so sorry dear . my heart is very heavy , no words can I say will ease the family's pain ... pray I will....
If anyone want the information they can PM me. I'm not putting it out in the open! I'm still at my sister in laws but should be home in a little while. I'm worn out!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#32028 Dec 31, 2013
I will say out in the open that MO4 was a happy woman, and a very happy grandma the last couple of years. Her loved ones are doing well, and she spent a lot of time with her precious granddaughter. My how she loved that little girl.
I want to share her last FB post, as she was loving woman and I know she meant this for everyone she knew;

It's a colorful pic of a lovely outdoor evening party setting, and it says,

"Goodnight Friends
Sleep well with the Lord
Sweet dreams and God bless"

Praying folks, her sister has asked for prayers for her family.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#32030 Dec 31, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
I will say out in the open that MO4 was a happy woman, and a very happy grandma the last couple of years. Her loved ones are doing well, and she spent a lot of time with her precious granddaughter. My how she loved that little girl.
I want to share her last FB post, as she was loving woman and I know she meant this for everyone she knew;
It's a colorful pic of a lovely outdoor evening party setting, and it says,
"Goodnight Friends
Sleep well with the Lord
Sweet dreams and God bless"
Praying folks, her sister has asked for prayers for her family.
For your most thoughtful and sensitive e-mail Paise, I thank you.
It's as if a dark cloud has descended over our offbeat family, and yet to know
that Jean was content at the end, softens the blow.
Her last post was so beautiful.....and so apt.
Her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32031 Dec 31, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
You are more than welcome here Sir Tally....

let us start the New Year with a fresh slate......please.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#32033 Dec 31, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone want the information they can PM me. I'm not putting it out in the open! I'm still at my sister in laws but should be home in a little while. I'm worn out!
I understand you have sickness in the family DD and I was sorry to hear that.
Hope you are managing to get some rest inbetween your duties in caring for
your relative. Take good care and thanks for coming by.....hope to see
you again very soon.
Teretta Duh

Seth, WV

#32034 Dec 31, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
'
'
Oh my... Just found this out was well Tally....Loret's and my heart are joined in heaviness. with yours as well as others..... Such a sweet - loving soul... She is going to be so missed.. We had CYBER COFFEE almost every day.. May God rest her dear soul..and a very special blessing of comfort out for her family and friends, and even some people who may not have like her.. Although I do not understand how any one could'nt... Her cup runneth over with love.. And Loret and I were very fortunate that some of her love spilled over onto us........
'
"To be absent from the body, is to be resent with the Lord."----- Somewhere in Corinthians...
'
We don't quite understand it all right now.. But I am most sure that HE will explain it all to us in the sweet by and by.......... and he is also with us in the nasty now and now......May Our Father in heaven please bless the family and all that loved her so.. I like to try to think of happy thoughts of QUEEN JEAN....She is going to REFRESH herself with those loved ones who have gone on before her,,,,,Grandparent, uncles, aunts, and etc... What blessed time ... The Table is spread. "Eye has not seen,, nor ear has heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man. the joys that God hs prepared for them that love him."----
'
May God truly bless in this most heartfelt time..........I must post this song gain....

''
FARTHER ALONG ,,by the Peasall Sisters....... <3
'

'
Most sincerely----The Duh... Bless you Tally... and all on this most tremendous thread...8)

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#32036 Dec 31, 2013
Teretta Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
'
'
Oh my... Just found this out was well Tally....Loret's and my heart are joined in heaviness. with yours as well as others..... Such a sweet - loving soul... She is going to be so missed.. We had CYBER COFFEE almost every day.. May God rest her dear soul..and a very special blessing of comfort out for her family and friends, and even some people who may not have like her.. Although I do not understand how any one could'nt... Her cup runneth over with love.. And Loret and I were very fortunate that some of her love spilled over onto us........
'
"To be absent from the body, is to be resent with the Lord."----- Somewhere in Corinthians...
'
We don't quite understand it all right now.. But I am most sure that HE will explain it all to us in the sweet by and by.......... and he is also with us in the nasty now and now......May Our Father in heaven please bless the family and all that loved her so.. I like to try to think of happy thoughts of QUEEN JEAN....She is going to REFRESH herself with those loved ones who have gone on before her,,,,,Grandparent, uncles, aunts, and etc... What blessed time ... The Table is spread. "Eye has not seen,, nor ear has heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man. the joys that God hs prepared for them that love him."----
'
May God truly bless in this most heartfelt time..........I must post this song gain....
''
FARTHER ALONG ,,by the Peasall Sisters....... <3
'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =k1dVxCa77sIXX
'
Most sincerely----The Duh... Bless you Tally... and all on this most tremendous thread...8)
she helped me a lot when I came here .I actually trusted everyone at 1st ..... thanks for your well thought out post ....

extinction

#32037 Dec 31, 2013
Sad to read that MO4 has passed ... may she RIP.

Cherish your loved ones and others you hold dear ... the real point of my post #32016

"“Sometimes Christmas is not a still point..."

May blessings come with this New Year
to each and every Kitchen-eer.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#32039 Dec 31, 2013
Hello and Happy New year to all those in the kitchen .... drive safely, don't drink and drive, and enjoy the festivities.
Sebastians mom

Beaver Dam, WI

#32040 Dec 31, 2013
So sorry to hear of Mo4's passing. Prayers for family and friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three Word Game Using Last Letter Of Each Word... (Jun '12) 2 min quilterqueen 2,010
Word Association (Mar '10) 4 min Brandiiiiiiii 22,211
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 4 min Brandiiiiiiii 41,339
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 4 min quilterqueen 890
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 5 min Brandiiiiiiii 9,927
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 9 min quilterqueen 10,054
News Naked man caught on video trying to hide a stat... 9 min a_visitor 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min Princess Hey 217,156
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 17 min SweLL GirL 7,878
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 53 min Raven Queenheart 4,091
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 58 min Denny CranesPlace 21,869
More from around the web