El's Kitchen

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#31854 Dec 20, 2013
PFfff wrote:
ok, I have a little story I want to share with u and I hope u guys enjoy it as much as I did...
was talking on the phone with my daughter and my oldest granddaughter asked if she could talk to me for a minute.
(gonna backtrack to the summer when we would go to the shore, I would take the girls and walk the beach to look for shells. one time we found 2 black pieces of coal in the sand and so I explained to the oldest about santa and coal)
so on the phone she asks me if I still had them and I told her I did and if she wanted them I would give them to her on Christmas day when I saw her, she asked if I could stop by their house before that and when I asked why, she said that she wanted to put them beside the cookies and milk that they would be putting out for santa on Christmas eve, that she thought santa would get a Big kick outta that and the joke would be on Santa this year. and so I laughed and told her she was a very clever girl and she says "yep, im just like Mom Mom"
lol
then my daughter gets back on the phone, laughs about that statement and says "u know mom ur brainwashing my kids here" and I said, "yep, ain't it great" lol
kids really are funny little creatures, it reminds me that the spirit of Christmas is alive and well..
and
Life's good!
:)
Bora Da and have a great weekend!
Let me tell you about a Christmas gift I got. It was a small box filled with cotton balls and a poem. It said Santa knows if you have been naughty or nice and you have been so naughty here is the scoop
All you get is snowman poop ; )

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#31855 Dec 20, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>shouldn't this read "I just bought them at the market today"?
wish to play huh.......

no the isn't needed : statement says at market THE would a specified market ...see we have shopping centers that encompass all varieties of service aka MARKET

btw in your above post now that you want to play
[because it was so impresive ]. very impressive indeed in your own words yet

and it seems to me that I already explain to Krypt
Queen's English and American English

so if you feel you have enhance things continue

here is a piece of news for you ......I mentioned that you always google info to make a novel out of other people's post

now I'm not sorry

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31856 Dec 20, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
u Never grew up did u Tally..
shame,
but keep talking, the rest of us are having a nice laugh on u and
u keep proving everything Slack said was correct...

Catholic School huh

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31857 Dec 20, 2013
come on one and all

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31858 Dec 20, 2013
slack how many ids does he hide behind

like his Vietnamese interjection of starting war to eliminate race ...

Question North or South ????

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31859 Dec 20, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
u Never grew up did u Tally..
shame,
but keep talking, the rest of us are having a nice laugh on u and
u keep proving everything Slack said was correct...
name one

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31860 Dec 20, 2013
how we doing need some more holiday chuckles ??????????

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#31862 Dec 20, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
to make a New Orleans "red gravy" just peeled and seed tomatoes
and cook 36 to 48 hours on low and slow, yes you have to stir it
it it reduces quit a bit turns browner and sweet all on its own
plane tomato sauce
My gosh I haven't had that since I lived there! Thank you for reminding me, and posting instructions! Making any pralines this season?

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31863 Dec 20, 2013
tallyho wrote:
PART two:
if you are offended you tell me , I'll apologies
for those who need everything written out monologues such as this appear..
didn't think Lady El needed the entire history of the Buffalo grazing habits was only making a joke about .....Buffalo shit
Grace wrote about Medela
bet pff didn't even read it
if I were picky you left out half the North America.. because the buffalo roamed from Mexico -Canada as well
I will say I'm sorry that you are offended
didn't think Lady El needed the entire history of the Buffalo grazing habits was only making a joke about .....Buffalo shit

as much as I enjoyed reading the links about the Buffalo/Bison...no complaints as I
genuinely found them of interest......I found the above reference to myself extremely
amusing as I believe it to be have been said in jest. So, no offence taken on my part.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#31864 Dec 20, 2013
PFfff wrote:
ok, I have a little story I want to share with u and I hope u guys enjoy it as much as I did...
was talking on the phone with my daughter and my oldest granddaughter asked if she could talk to me for a minute.
(gonna backtrack to the summer when we would go to the shore, I would take the girls and walk the beach to look for shells. one time we found 2 black pieces of coal in the sand and so I explained to the oldest about santa and coal)
so on the phone she asks me if I still had them and I told her I did and if she wanted them I would give them to her on Christmas day when I saw her, she asked if I could stop by their house before that and when I asked why, she said that she wanted to put them beside the cookies and milk that they would be putting out for santa on Christmas eve, that she thought santa would get a Big kick outta that and the joke would be on Santa this year. and so I laughed and told her she was a very clever girl and she says "yep, im just like Mom Mom"
lol
then my daughter gets back on the phone, laughs about that statement and says "u know mom ur brainwashing my kids here" and I said, "yep, ain't it great" lol
kids really are funny little creatures, it reminds me that the spirit of Christmas is alive and well..
and
Life's good!
Bora Da and have a great weekend!
Such a lovely Christmas story, that child has a great insight and a wonderful sense of
humour. Enjoyed this and thanks for sharing PFfff.

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#31865 Dec 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Thanks Tally and DW.....
one theatre critic said he was not at all surprised that it happened
that it 'was an accident waiting to happen'.
The theatre, along with many others in London's West End, is 113
years old after all, with many embellishments which are hazardous.
Fortunately there were no fatalities but there are a small number of
people detained in hospital with neck, head and back injuries.
Perhaps now, all these old buildings will be checked and brought up to
structural date.
Prynhawn da Cuz El !

"Perhaps now, all these old buildings will be checked and brought up to
structural date."

Before falling asleep to the BBC World Service news on PBS, I caught the Apollo Theatre report. Indeed, the presenter asked that very question to the on-scene reporter.

The reporter opined of the possibility.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#31866 Dec 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Such peaceful lyrics.....I believe Grace posted a link sung by Bing Crosby.
Was wondering if you knew who sang it originally, was it Gene Autry>
Owing to the soggy, dreary, gloomy weather here, I am still thinking of this scene -- certainly peaceful, serene, and somewhat pastoral.:)

Ya know, my memory is of Gene Autry singing. I found some Autry versions on YouTube, which I can't do. He did record it back in history.

He also sang it in at least one movie:
http://www.geneautry.com/geneautry/motionpict...

As I am wont to do, checked what this source would tell. Oddly enough it doesn't mention Autry. Frank Sinatra did record it for U.K. release (then in the U.S.)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_on_the_rang...

also found this on Wiki:
20 Dec..
1955 Cardiff (Cardiff City Hall pictured) was proclaimed as the capital of Wales.

Good morning/afternoon, Kitchen-eers!

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#31867 Dec 20, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
OMG!
I had all set to get up very early today
so I could go to the huge shopping mall near me,
[one or two things I need]
planning to get there
BEFORE the crowds arrive, as, sometimes,
it's like a stampede over there!
anyway I did the exact opposite slept through
everything, alarm bells, the lot only to wake at
9:30am!!!!
I remember last evening sitting in the kitchen
just wondering HOW I'd make dinner, as I had
ZERO energy, amazing how our bodies take over
and look after us, pitching Christmas and
other plans aside:)
and paying attention to the necessary things.
I'd been on a very strong antibiotic and I often
think, in such cases, if we could only observe the battle
going on inside us in this other world,
we would be amazed.
Anyway, I feel good now and will rearrange the day.
one thing I have learned over the years is that
no matter what tizzy folks get into, and some indeed,
lose the run of themselves,
Christmas comes and goes and fades and we all
ease back to normality..
[says Grace, stating the obvious LOL]
but sometimes it's good to just name it.
Happy day ALL here.
Keep rallying with eased up exertion and your antibiotics Grace! Puny excuse on my part ... the weather is affecting my motivation for finishing up my Christmas shopping today.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#31868 Dec 20, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really want to talk to much about sad things but ur statement about the 32 yr old brought to mind about last Christmas for me.
theres this store I go to at time when I need to get beer or wine, this women I would see all the time, always cheerful and pleasant, I didn't really know her, but I just Liked her as a person, ya know? one day right before the holiday I go there and see her picture by the register and then read what it said, she had passed away from cancer at the age of 50, only lived 2 months after getting this sad news...
do u know that bit of news really really got to me, I felt depressed for weeks on end and every single time I would think about it, every time I have to go there again I think of her, and I didn't even know the woman,
but sometimes, every once in a while a person passes by ur life and whether u really get to know them or not, they somehow leave a lasting impression on u.
I don't know why but this women did that to me, and so I try really hard now to Not take life for granted, because I know for a fact this could all end at any second...
I wanna leave this world being able to say it was all worth it, and that I met a lot of wonderful people in my lifetime, and I have so far, in the real world and surprisingly on the internet.
Bora Da Luke!
Bora da, PFffffffffffffffff !:}

*I* appreciate your stories, philosophies, and humor. Thanks for sharing what you will.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#31869 Dec 20, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>like who ate the first oyster
I'll bite .... who?

;)

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#31870 Dec 20, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
wish to play huh.......
no the isn't needed : statement says at market THE would a specified market ...see we have shopping centers that encompass all varieties of service aka MARKET
btw in your above post now that you want to play
[because it was so impresive ]. very impressive indeed in your own words yet
and it seems to me that I already explain to Krypt
Queen's English and American English
so if you feel you have enhance things continue
here is a piece of news for you ......I mentioned that you always google info to make a novel out of other people's post
now I'm not sorry
"here is a piece of news for you ......I mentioned that you always google info to make a novel out of other people's post"

You are possibly confusing franko with me. I'm "always" looking up stuff. I was trained for that.

I am franko. I am PFffff. I am SLACK.

Because you've even accused Grace (at least once) of using other ids:
"if you correct one mistake correct them all ... no matter which id you use and trust me I passed over many of your misspellings ...... and instead of trying to bring me down try to bring yourself up and above"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...

I am Grace.

I am Batman.

“Got'em figured out?”

Think again

#31871 Dec 20, 2013
tallyho wrote:
how we doing need some more holiday chuckles ??????????
Justice would be well served if you ... would ... just ... stop ... this ... crap.

I don't chuckle or laugh to this. It only serves to invoke head-shaking and face-palming.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31872 Dec 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
as much as I enjoyed reading the links about the Buffalo/Bison...no complaints as I
genuinely found them of interest......I found the above reference to myself extremely
amusing as I believe it to be have been said in jest. So, no offence taken on my part.
damn can anyone here string things together ... I wrote two part explaining my thinking along with an apology twice
and still getting flack ... from all sides ...

defending why I don't need to have , or thought I had to go into details about a buffalo

and the face[ the ]market.. along with other things

I bought at market is just correct as I bought at the market

and then have more come along u r or is should it be you are

PROVE THIS WRONG.... show me a rule that I have to use for publication composition .... this is a god damn forum

Rough drafts are often written using outlines and incomplete sentences.After writing a rough draft, authors must properly complete ...
While following your outline is important, putting every little detail and piece of supporting information into your paper in the rough draft is not always necessary, but do what works for you. Your notes and outline together serve as guides for what you intend to include and where you intend to include it

and damn who's thread are pulled mine or slack's if he is so right

start a thread for him don't bother me

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#31873 Dec 20, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
damn can anyone here string things together ... I wrote two part explaining my thinking along with an apology twice
and still getting flack ... from all sides ...
defending why I don't need to have , or thought I had to go into details about a buffalo
and the face[ the ]market.. along with other things
I bought at market is just correct as I bought at the market
and then have more come along u r or is should it be you are
PROVE THIS WRONG.... show me a rule that I have to use for publication composition .... this is a god damn forum
Rough drafts are often written using outlines and incomplete sentences.After writing a rough draft, authors must properly complete ...
While following your outline is important, putting every little detail and piece of supporting information into your paper in the rough draft is not always necessary, but do what works for you. Your notes and outline together serve as guides for what you intend to include and where you intend to include it
and damn who's thread are pulled mine or slack's if he is so right
start a thread for him don't bother me
You was determined to carry this to the death and so I am going to draw on a
combination of 'American English' and 'Irish' now, and say to you, you have
been an absolute fecking pain in the butt lately and I suggest you stop this now.
I tried to keep the peace but it's time for plain talking, either leave it alone or
keep away from the Kitchen. Your choice.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#31874 Dec 20, 2013
afterthought.

either leave it alone, or know you are not welcome in the Kitchen.

and cut the slander...unless you have proof of multiple id's then
kindly do not accuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fun in the Navy (Oct '09) 3 min brooke 30
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min Crazy Jae 25,058
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 4 min HashtagMeToo 3,423
Word Association (Jun '10) 4 min Crazy Jae 32,862
One Word (Jan '09) 6 min Crazy Jae 18,497
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 12 min Politico Incorrecto 34,769
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 13 min Crazy Jae 6,739
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 36 min Tom2Tone 228,403
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 1 hr Mechanic 6,152
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Jackie 7,162
More from around the web