Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand the Tutu oversight
Several news sources state that Archbishop Tutu was going to today's funeral and burial.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/14/us-...

As far as I know, Mandela and Tutu had a positive relationship. Tutu certainly supported Mandela, however, he has been harshly critical of Mandela's party (the African National Congress) post-Mandela's presidency, and its current leader/president. Whichever event was under government control, it was said that Tutu was snubbed by the powers that be.

I found an Op-Ed that agrees with your point about the celebration in the stadium the other day: "New Orleans meets World Cup"
And he makes some more points, including: how could Cameron and Obama decline (at a diplomatic level) an impromptu invitation by the Danish government leader to be included in a photo at an historic occasion?

http://mashable.com/2013/12/10/obama-funeral-...

not to enhance your homesickness, but this source has a photo of Pres. G.W. Bush and Bono smiling it up at the celebration which was posted on Instagram:

From Acadiana's Hottest Music website --
http://1079ishot.com/obama-selfie-mandela-fun...

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

hummmmmmmmm two people , cheesing it

not one taking a selfie????

oh well

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

Since: Nov 09

anti-American terrorists too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Golden slumbers .... each and every one.

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

Level 9

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
Golden slumbers .... each and every one.
now that just stuck me as funny as hell...... but I'll not explain it

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Lady El ... Chance and Jax act like they are old buddies from way back ... They play in their "park" ... have unearthed everything all the other pups ever dreamed of burying ... Chance, however, has elected to dig the recyclable stuff out of the recycle bin "to play with" so Jax thinks he can copy dog ... so I put an empty milk crate to stop that dog business and I use the term "copy dog" and "dog business" in lieu of "copy cat and Monkey business" LOL ... The chase each other around for hours, it seems, making circles 8's, circling around the 10 X 12 storage room, to the back yard ... I'll catch Jax ON TOP of the picnic table, then I'll catch Chance on top of it ... it's so funny ... If I had a video camera I'd tape the two and send it AFV ... Now, they've conjured up a game of "faking you out" ... When I call them in, they act like they're going to coming in and they start toward me, put their front paws downward, their butts in the air while their tails are wagging and then turn around and take off running ... meanwhile, I'm heating the whole town and left standing there freezing my own buns off ... then I'll try it again ... it takes at least 3 times and finally, I give them the "LOOK" ... wave the leashes at them and they know ... "rut ro, she's got the leashes, game over" and they come in ... It makes me so happy that Jax has gotten over losing his best friend and he has a playmate he can torment, LOL ... I love it ...
I hope things are going well in your party of the world, that you and P are in good health and spirits and the kittens are meowing happily, too! Enjoy your weekend! Much Love and Affection! FC <3 ...
Good Morning Flower...

I SO enjoyed hearing about Jax and Chance and how they have bonded, a dvd would
be fantastic, but, you know what, I could almost see y'all playing around, it's wonderful
that they are getting along so well, your judgement in taking a chance on Chance has
really and truly paid off. I am happy for you...<3 and Love and Affection your backatcha!

“Choices!”

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuz El,... I'm linking an article associated with that family's ordeal, and discusses survival tips. I had declined to use any links in previous posting, with subsequent relevancy to thoughts this morning.
Brian Clough! Thank you, I couldn't recall the chap's name. Don't you know our minds play tricks on us!
Without look-up reference, I took a stab at posting/spelling actor Michael Sheen's name. I went with "Shean" thinking it surely wouldn't match and cause confusing him with actor Martin Sheen.
For words and names like coming, tomorrow, Manila, and Mandela it is with difficulty sometimes not to add a repetitive letter especially when distracted or fatigued.
Good Morning Cuz Luke...

and thanks for the link...that could have been a totally different ending had they
not been in such good hands. Can't help being reminded that Somebody up there
loved them.

Although, does that mean that when they are 'taken' they are unloved? I don't think
so.

Oh!....the mis-spelling and my subsequent gentle reminder to Grace.....:)

To be honest Dear Luke, if one gets to the stage where you would confuse
Manila with Mandela then imho....time to hang up your pc.

Hope the car passes muster and be careful driving in that slushy weather.....
still no snow in these parts.

“Choices!”

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good evening/morning, Kitchen-eers.
It did not snow after the brief morning fall at my corner of middle-earth Indiana. In fact, air temp was in mid-to-high 30s causing more melting.
The tree branches in my woods in the same scene that is seen in my new avatar picture as of Saturday are completely bare.
Did a wee start of Christmas shopping while out on regular Saturday errand run. Today was colder and windy, making it a day for inside and football! On Monday a car service appointment is on the itinerary and quite likely a major bite of Christmas shopping will be taken after that.
Man City 6, Arsenal 3; I saw highlights Saturday on the color TV.
And hello, FC !!
Manchester United have been having a rough spell....so it was a relief when yesterday
they won their match with Aston Villa 3 - 0.
Liverpool 5 Tottenham Hotspurs 0 (sorry Krypteia)

“Choices!”

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning Grace, Sir Tally, LIM, CC.....et al

Wonderful tribute from the Ireland President to
the great Irish actor, Peter O'Toole.

Perhaps Grace would elaborate?

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

Level 9

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE LADIES&GENTS of the REALM .....

so sad a fine actor all the nominations wished he had won just one ......
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Adrian, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
now that just stuck me as funny as hell...... but I'll not explain it
sure

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Mystical and Magical

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Grace, Sir Tally, LIM, CC.....et al
Wonderful tribute from the Ireland President to
the great Irish actor, Peter O'Toole.
Perhaps Grace would elaborate?
Good morning El. My pheasant hunting trip was a bust after a 7 hour drive there were no birds. It was a great trip anyway just being with my friends. It is a yearly get together

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE LADIES&GENTS of the REALM .....
so sad a fine actor all the nominations wished he had won just one ......
I would have thought he would have received a lifetime award??? They usually do that for someone who has performed in so many good movies for so long?

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

Level 9

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>I would have thought he would have received a lifetime award??? They usually do that for someone who has performed in so many good movies for so long?
the thought crossed my mind , but it is like a death sentence , to me ....question was Peter ever knighted????

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>I would have thought he would have received a lifetime award??? They usually do that for someone who has performed in so many good movies for so long?
Hello, franko. He did. Good afternoon/evening, Kitchen-eers

parts of bio article

... holds the record for the most Academy Award acting nominations without a win. He won four Golden Globes, a BAFTA and an Emmy, and was the recipient of an Honorary Academy Award in 2003.

In 2003, the Academy honoured him with an Academy Honorary Award for his entire body of work and his lifelong contribution to film.[33] O'Toole initially balked about accepting, and wrote the Academy a letter saying that he was "still in the game" and would like more time to "win the lovely bugger outright." The Academy informed him that they would bestow the award whether he wanted it or not. He told The Charlie Rose Show in January 2007 his children admonished him, saying that it was the highest honour one could receive in the filmmaking industry. O'Toole agreed to appear at the ceremony and receive his Honorary Oscar. It was presented to him by Meryl Streep, who has the most Oscar nominations of any actress (17).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_O%27Toole

BTW ... finding the above, I found Joan Fontaine's obit/bio article. Passed 12/15. RIP

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Cuz Luke...
and thanks for the link...that could have been a totally different ending had they
not been in such good hands. Can't help being reminded that Somebody up there
loved them.
Although, does that mean that when they are 'taken' they are unloved? I don't think
so.
Oh!....the mis-spelling and my subsequent gentle reminder to Grace.....:)
To be honest Dear Luke, if one gets to the stage where you would confuse
Manila with Mandela then imho....time to hang up your pc.
Hope the car passes muster and be careful driving in that slushy weather.....
still no snow in these parts.
yes, we have no banannas (<--- look what I did ) is a ditty so silly.

I used Manila for vanilla, Milly!:)

Thank you, it did. Had battery replaced too for good measure. It was cranking slower in these winter days now. After a quick lunch-ish bite, a spate of Christmas shopping was enjoyed/endured. lol

The worst is our private road; slush frozen. Highways are clear though wet.

Dec. 16 historical significance ... the ties that bind.

1689 – The Parliament of England adopted the Bill of Rights, declaring that Englishmen possessed certain positive civil and political rights.

1773 – To prevent the unloading of tea that was taxed without their consent under the Tea Act, a group of colonists destroyed it (pictured) by throwing it into Boston Harbor.

“Choices!”

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, we have no banannas (<--- look what I did ) is a ditty so silly.
I used Manila for vanilla, Milly!:)
Thank you, it did. Had battery replaced too for good measure. It was cranking slower in these winter days now. After a quick lunch-ish bite, a spate of Christmas shopping was enjoyed/endured. lol
The worst is our private road; slush frozen. Highways are clear though wet.
Dec. 16 historical significance ... the ties that bind.
1689 – The Parliament of England adopted the Bill of Rights, declaring that Englishmen possessed certain positive civil and political rights.
1773 – To prevent the unloading of tea that was taxed without their consent under the Tea Act, a group of colonists destroyed it (pictured) by throwing it into Boston Harbor.
and it isn't just about mis=spelling.....

I had a lot of calls to make when I went to town this afternoon, the last of which
was the library. I had renewed my books twice over the 'phone, today I actually
got around to return them, and take a couple out whilst there. So there I am
staring at all these books, and the name of the author whose books I was so keen
to take out, left me. The Librarian is so helpful. Sh went through all the Liverpudlian
authors she could bring to mind, while I am, no, it isn't her, e v e n t u a l l y it comes
into my tiny mind and she leads me over to where I can choose from six books written
by her. After all that, the book I wanted was out, lol.

Glad all went well for you today Cuz....

always interested to know what happened 'on this day'.......t/y

'ave a bannanna!

“Choices!”

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning El. My pheasant hunting trip was a bust after a 7 hour drive there were no birds. It was a great trip anyway just being with my friends. It is a yearly get together
Hi there Denny......at least you had a great time, that's the main thing, genuinely sorry
to hear the pheasants were scarce, just means somebody else will benefit from them,
maybe someone not such a good shot. A lane here is chocca with pheasants, we
try to avoid them when driving down. I did pick one up newly killed, put it in the
boot, then hung it for a week in the shed and cooked it for the cats. I couldn't
stomach it, silly really, but still, it didn't die in vain.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, franko. He did. Good afternoon/evening, Kitchen-eers
parts of bio article
... holds the record for the most Academy Award acting nominations without a win. He won four Golden Globes, a BAFTA and an Emmy, and was the recipient of an Honorary Academy Award in 2003.
In 2003, the Academy honoured him with an Academy Honorary Award for his entire body of work and his lifelong contribution to film.[33] O'Toole initially balked about accepting, and wrote the Academy a letter saying that he was "still in the game" and would like more time to "win the lovely bugger outright." The Academy informed him that they would bestow the award whether he wanted it or not. He told The Charlie Rose Show in January 2007 his children admonished him, saying that it was the highest honour one could receive in the filmmaking industry. O'Toole agreed to appear at the ceremony and receive his Honorary Oscar. It was presented to him by Meryl Streep, who has the most Oscar nominations of any actress (17).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_O%27Toole
BTW ... finding the above, I found Joan Fontaine's obit/bio article. Passed 12/15. RIP
i AGREE, the lifetime award is a bigerhonor, YOu win an individual award sometimes by luck, being in the right movie at the right time (NO ONE THOUGHT forest gump WOULD AMOUNT TO MUCH WHEN THEY FIRST STARTED FILMING), BUt you get nominated frequently only by being top notch for a long long time.
Grace Nerissa

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Had a good day out shopping yesterday,
Usual Christmas crowds but sweet and easy in another way.

The charities here, unfortunately are being hard hit this year,
since a controversy has been revealed that a lot of the monies
from these charities were being creamed off .. to top up
salaries of already well paid 'fat cats' involved in these organisations.
Very sad indeed.

However, have a good day everyone.
Grace Nerissa

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>i AGREE, the lifetime award is a bigerhonor, YOu win an individual award sometimes by luck, being in the right movie at the right time (NO ONE THOUGHT forest gump WOULD AMOUNT TO MUCH WHEN THEY FIRST STARTED FILMING), BUt you get nominated frequently only by being top notch for a long long time.
As my late Mom used to say.
'A long time coming, comes at last'

Hi Franko, don't often see you around at the same time.
chance to say 'Merry Christmas' to you & yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,941 - 30,960 of33,467
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••