Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#31599 Dec 14, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
lol
"would like your opinion on the slight controversy
about Obama, the selfie plus chatting up the blond lass,
while Michelle's body language spelled absolute disapproval, lol."
she is a strong black woman, a lot like the one that spoke up in the barber shop vid I posted, my kind of woman
he is a politician, thrust up the ranks by a big machine quickly, he is a bit of a flirt, never hurts in politics
it was a long ceremony that felt more like a celebration than a mourning especial to westerners and I don't think Nelson would have been offended and would be amused buy the controversy
as Limbaugh loved to say " it's symbolism over substance"
This photo of the selfie fun was just another "nothing" blown out of proportion by the New York Post, Limbaugh, and others.

Good Saturday morning/afternoon, Kitchen-eers!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#31600 Dec 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
A real pleasure to see you here Flower....I was out all afternoon making up for yesterday
when I had to stay home for a delivery, so all the nicer to come back and find your post.
It's been quite a while.....all is well here thankyou, hope you yourself are keeping well
and looking forward to Christmas.
How is the new member of the family setting in? Not so new any more I know.
All the very best to you as always...<3
Good afternoon, Lady El ... Chance and Jax act like they are old buddies from way back ... They play in their "park" ... have unearthed everything all the other pups ever dreamed of burying ... Chance, however, has elected to dig the recyclable stuff out of the recycle bin "to play with" so Jax thinks he can copy dog ... so I put an empty milk crate to stop that dog business and I use the term "copy dog" and "dog business" in lieu of "copy cat and Monkey business" LOL ... The chase each other around for hours, it seems, making circles 8's, circling around the 10 X 12 storage room, to the back yard ... I'll catch Jax ON TOP of the picnic table, then I'll catch Chance on top of it ... it's so funny ... If I had a video camera I'd tape the two and send it AFV ... Now, they've conjured up a game of "faking you out" ... When I call them in, they act like they're going to coming in and they start toward me, put their front paws downward, their butts in the air while their tails are wagging and then turn around and take off running ... meanwhile, I'm heating the whole town and left standing there freezing my own buns off ... then I'll try it again ... it takes at least 3 times and finally, I give them the "LOOK" ... wave the leashes at them and they know ... "rut ro, she's got the leashes, game over" and they come in ... It makes me so happy that Jax has gotten over losing his best friend and he has a playmate he can torment, LOL ... I love it ...

I hope things are going well in your party of the world, that you and P are in good health and spirits and the kittens are meowing happily, too! Enjoy your weekend! Much Love and Affection! FC <3 ...

“Truth + context + perspective”

informs against BS

#31601 Dec 14, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
O gee thanks:) no Christmas cooking,
I'll tell em YOU said, ha ha!
I was back at the docs, this time a stronger antibiotic
and she put me on a course of steroids also,
they do that when a dose takes a firm hold.
I even feel much better already,
thank you and thanks El for enquiring.
Nuff about me,..
would like your opinion on the slight controversy
about Obama, the selfie plus chatting up the blond lass,
while Michelle's body language spelled absolute disapproval, lol.
Myself, I thought it a little careless
at such a profound occasion, where
[whatever about other mortals] the President of the
United States should always have his wits firmly about him.
GOOD night everyone here.
Cuz Grace, I am very glad that you're mending. Rally on!

This flap is much ado about nothing. I wasn't successful in finding another photo on-line that is relevant here, but I saw the photo on the color TV the other evening that was taken just a moment before the one about the selfie fun. I've highlighted by astricks the part of the excerpt here that I am referring to.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/...

'Simply acting like human beings'

Schmidt, the AFP photographer, said he was flummoxed at the reaction to the selfie and found nothing distasteful about posing for a self-photo at this particular memorial service.

"All around me in the stadium, South Africans were dancing, singing and laughing to honour their departed leader," Schmidt wrote in a blog post. "It was more like a carnival atmosphere, not at all morbid. The ceremony had already gone on for two hours and would last another two. The atmosphere was totally relaxed – I didn't see anything shocking in my viewfinder, president of the US or not. We are in Africa."

Responding to interpretations that Michelle Obama was peeved at her husband for lightheartedly engaging with his European counterparts–even perhaps flirting with the Danish prime minister–Schmidt cautioned that "photos can lie."

**********"In reality, just a few seconds earlier the first lady was herself joking with those around her, Cameron and Schmidt included," he continued. "Her stern look was captured by chance."

In what's become the year of the selfie, Schmidt also questioned the new social media whirlwind in which photos that show such levity become the center of heated debate.

"At the time, I thought the world leaders were simply acting like human beings, like me and you," he said. "For me, the behaviour of these leaders in snapping a selfie seems perfectly natural. I see nothing to complain about, and probably would have done the same in their place."

informs against BS

#31602 Dec 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice there Luke, you just never know when that would
come in very useful as it obviously did with the family you
mention.
Martin Sheen's portrayal of the late Brian Clough was nothing
short of awesome, aye, some good actors have come out of this
little Principality..Wales...in fact, I was hard pushed to recognise Anthony Hopkins in 'Pearl Harbour' the other night,
excellent performance.
Bora Da!
Cuz El,... I'm linking an article associated with that family's ordeal, and discusses survival tips. I had declined to use any links in previous posting, with subsequent relevancy to thoughts this morning.

Brian Clough! Thank you, I couldn't recall the chap's name. Don't you know our minds play tricks on us!

Without look-up reference, I took a stab at posting/spelling actor Michael Sheen's name. I went with "Shean" thinking it surely wouldn't match and cause confusing him with actor Martin Sheen.

For words and names like coming, tomorrow, Manila, and Mandela it is with difficulty sometimes not to add a repetitive letter especially when distracted or fatigued.

informs against BS

#31603 Dec 14, 2013
^^^^ Well, there ya go! I thought I'd posted the link!

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/eight-...

informs against BS

#31604 Dec 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,
a blustery (and do I see snow) day....putting up the tree today,
a small'ish one in the window, after all, it's nearly Christmas.
Hope everyone is keeping warm and looking after themselves this
cold weather. Big freeze on the way apparently.
My Christmas tree is standing in the living room and decorated. Stay warm and cozy. Here, another snow storm is working but I'm on the fringe of it. Snowed a little this morning. It remains to be known if I'll get more. If not, my current back door scene won't quite match my new avatar of Christmas 2012 because of some melting by the welcome Sun.

But it did last weekend.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#31605 Dec 14, 2013
seems to me i is what the public thinks and Michelle Obama, not what the photog thinks

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#31606 Dec 14, 2013
Yo EL...Freezing Sassafras Tea..Brrrrr...Outside!!

See ya still have some Mincemeat Pie left..Yes, I'll take a slice w/whipped cream..and a Cup of Hazelnut Coffee..

Ya got the newspaper also..?? Thanks!!
Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#31607 Dec 15, 2013
Watching the full Mandela funeral..live on TV
SO perfectly done..
Great speeches delivered with such eloquence..
Now to the final part
The burial..
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Saline, MI

#31608 Dec 15, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Watching the full Mandela funeral..live on TV
SO perfectly done..
Great speeches delivered with such eloquence..
Now to the final part
The burial..
I don't understand the Tutu oversight

informs against BS

#31610 Dec 15, 2013
Good evening/morning, Kitchen-eers.

It did not snow after the brief morning fall at my corner of middle-earth Indiana. In fact, air temp was in mid-to-high 30s causing more melting.
The tree branches in my woods in the same scene that is seen in my new avatar picture as of Saturday are completely bare.

Did a wee start of Christmas shopping while out on regular Saturday errand run. Today was colder and windy, making it a day for inside and football! On Monday a car service appointment is on the itinerary and quite likely a major bite of Christmas shopping will be taken after that.

Man City 6, Arsenal 3; I saw highlights Saturday on the color TV.

And hello, FC !!

informs against BS

#31611 Dec 15, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand the Tutu oversight
Several news sources state that Archbishop Tutu was going to today's funeral and burial.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/14/us-...

As far as I know, Mandela and Tutu had a positive relationship. Tutu certainly supported Mandela, however, he has been harshly critical of Mandela's party (the African National Congress) post-Mandela's presidency, and its current leader/president. Whichever event was under government control, it was said that Tutu was snubbed by the powers that be.

I found an Op-Ed that agrees with your point about the celebration in the stadium the other day: "New Orleans meets World Cup"
And he makes some more points, including: how could Cameron and Obama decline (at a diplomatic level) an impromptu invitation by the Danish government leader to be included in a photo at an historic occasion?

http://mashable.com/2013/12/10/obama-funeral-...

not to enhance your homesickness, but this source has a photo of Pres. G.W. Bush and Bono smiling it up at the celebration which was posted on Instagram:

From Acadiana's Hottest Music website --
http://1079ishot.com/obama-selfie-mandela-fun...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31612 Dec 15, 2013
hummmmmmmmm two people , cheesing it

not one taking a selfie????

oh well

informs against BS

#31613 Dec 15, 2013
Golden slumbers .... each and every one.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31614 Dec 15, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Golden slumbers .... each and every one.
now that just stuck me as funny as hell...... but I'll not explain it

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

Liverpool, UK

#31615 Dec 16, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Lady El ... Chance and Jax act like they are old buddies from way back ... They play in their "park" ... have unearthed everything all the other pups ever dreamed of burying ... Chance, however, has elected to dig the recyclable stuff out of the recycle bin "to play with" so Jax thinks he can copy dog ... so I put an empty milk crate to stop that dog business and I use the term "copy dog" and "dog business" in lieu of "copy cat and Monkey business" LOL ... The chase each other around for hours, it seems, making circles 8's, circling around the 10 X 12 storage room, to the back yard ... I'll catch Jax ON TOP of the picnic table, then I'll catch Chance on top of it ... it's so funny ... If I had a video camera I'd tape the two and send it AFV ... Now, they've conjured up a game of "faking you out" ... When I call them in, they act like they're going to coming in and they start toward me, put their front paws downward, their butts in the air while their tails are wagging and then turn around and take off running ... meanwhile, I'm heating the whole town and left standing there freezing my own buns off ... then I'll try it again ... it takes at least 3 times and finally, I give them the "LOOK" ... wave the leashes at them and they know ... "rut ro, she's got the leashes, game over" and they come in ... It makes me so happy that Jax has gotten over losing his best friend and he has a playmate he can torment, LOL ... I love it ...
I hope things are going well in your party of the world, that you and P are in good health and spirits and the kittens are meowing happily, too! Enjoy your weekend! Much Love and Affection! FC <3 ...
Good Morning Flower...

I SO enjoyed hearing about Jax and Chance and how they have bonded, a dvd would
be fantastic, but, you know what, I could almost see y'all playing around, it's wonderful
that they are getting along so well, your judgement in taking a chance on Chance has
really and truly paid off. I am happy for you...<3 and Love and Affection your backatcha!

“MEOW!”

Liverpool, UK

#31616 Dec 16, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuz El,... I'm linking an article associated with that family's ordeal, and discusses survival tips. I had declined to use any links in previous posting, with subsequent relevancy to thoughts this morning.
Brian Clough! Thank you, I couldn't recall the chap's name. Don't you know our minds play tricks on us!
Without look-up reference, I took a stab at posting/spelling actor Michael Sheen's name. I went with "Shean" thinking it surely wouldn't match and cause confusing him with actor Martin Sheen.
For words and names like coming, tomorrow, Manila, and Mandela it is with difficulty sometimes not to add a repetitive letter especially when distracted or fatigued.
Good Morning Cuz Luke...

and thanks for the link...that could have been a totally different ending had they
not been in such good hands. Can't help being reminded that Somebody up there
loved them.

Although, does that mean that when they are 'taken' they are unloved? I don't think
so.

Oh!....the mis-spelling and my subsequent gentle reminder to Grace.....:)

To be honest Dear Luke, if one gets to the stage where you would confuse
Manila with Mandela then imho....time to hang up your pc.

Hope the car passes muster and be careful driving in that slushy weather.....
still no snow in these parts.

“MEOW!”

Liverpool, UK

#31617 Dec 16, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good evening/morning, Kitchen-eers.
It did not snow after the brief morning fall at my corner of middle-earth Indiana. In fact, air temp was in mid-to-high 30s causing more melting.
The tree branches in my woods in the same scene that is seen in my new avatar picture as of Saturday are completely bare.
Did a wee start of Christmas shopping while out on regular Saturday errand run. Today was colder and windy, making it a day for inside and football! On Monday a car service appointment is on the itinerary and quite likely a major bite of Christmas shopping will be taken after that.
Man City 6, Arsenal 3; I saw highlights Saturday on the color TV.
And hello, FC !!
Manchester United have been having a rough spell....so it was a relief when yesterday
they won their match with Aston Villa 3 - 0.
Liverpool 5 Tottenham Hotspurs 0 (sorry Krypteia)

“MEOW!”

Liverpool, UK

#31618 Dec 16, 2013
Good Morning Grace, Sir Tally, LIM, CC.....et al

Wonderful tribute from the Ireland President to
the great Irish actor, Peter O'Toole.

Perhaps Grace would elaborate?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31620 Dec 16, 2013
GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE LADIES&GENTS of the REALM .....

so sad a fine actor all the nominations wished he had won just one ......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 5 min SLY WEST 2,207
Company Creates WORKING Hoverboard 7 min Mitt s Santorum S... 1
Word Association (Mar '10) 8 min Zwiebel 16,110
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Wolftracks 148,964
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 10 min Crazy Jae 6,230
'Mystery Man' Flies Past Plane at 3K Feet 11 min Mitt s Santorum S... 1
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 12 min Old Sam 4,163
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min -Lea- 22,229
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 44 min dragoon70056 29
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 1 hr dragoon70056 36