El's Kitchen

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31298 Nov 30, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
El,
What a tragedy in Scotland today,
these 'out of the blue 'unpredictable' happenings are so
scary,
& I feel there will be more fatalities before this day is out..
our thoughts are SO with them.
***
Hope you & Peter get to see the
PHILOMENA movie I recommended,
in your own time.You'll really enjoy it.
Lovely day here too, plenty winter & good temps
HAPPY WEEKEND to all on the thread.
Grace,

It is, it's a terrible tragedy, I watched the update from the
authorities, you would also I am sure, the Chief Constable,
Scotland Police, announced that the number of fatalities has
risen to eight, and fourteen seriously injured and detained
in hospital.

People at a music venue in the heart of Glasgow, Scotland of
a late Friday evening, who would ever think that this would
happen?

To quote the First Minister of Scotland, Alex Salmon,'It's
a Black Day in Scotland'

Tributes have been paid to the courage and bravery of the Glasgow
people who, rather than run away from the scene, ran towards,
to do what they could to help.

All this in the prelude to St. Andrew's Day.....very very sad.

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31299 Nov 30, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Notes from the color TV:
Yes, such a jolting tragedy at that Glasgow pub. How life can turn in moments.
Philomena ads and quick reviews indicate an entertaining, touching film Based on a true story? Another Dame Judi Dench masterpiece likely.
The hold that PBS TV has on me is in no small way from no interruptions by commercials. The exception is fund drives and breaks for begging for memberships. Much fund drive programming however, is only shown then; sometimes in successive fund raisers. Interest varies. There are certainly special programs that are "must-see TV". And then there are the music genre "revivals" (most likely the repeatables as previously mentioned).
The upshot of all this is that regular programming and continuity is suspended.
Good morning/afternoon Kitchen-eers!
Good Afternoon to you Cuz Luke.

“Here & Now”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#31300 Dec 1, 2013
Happy December to everyone,
the Christmas month..

El,
recently Cliff was interviewed here,
he's as sweet as ever, a perfect gent and so refreshing
that, eventho, he's a household name he remains untouched by his fame ..

His voice is still in GREAT shape.

This for everyone.

http://search.yahoo.com/search...

“Here & Now”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#31301 Dec 1, 2013

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31302 Dec 1, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Happy December to everyone,
the Christmas month..
El,
recently Cliff was interviewed here,
he's as sweet as ever, a perfect gent and so refreshing
that, eventho, he's a name he remains untouched by his fame ..
His voice is still in GREAT shape.
This for everyone.
http://search.yahoo.com/search...
Happy December 1st Grace...and to all friends here...

hope this is a good month in every way for all.

Always good to see Cliff...he was a guest on Paul O'Grady's
show which I watch, last week, totally unassuming and a
genuinly nice person. Has a home here in Wales btw.
Must be the Welsh air!

Quite mild for December here....how are others finding it?
Any snow there Sir Tally?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#31303 Dec 1, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy December 1st Grace...and to all friends here...
hope this is a good month in every way for all.
Always good to see Cliff...he was a guest on Paul O'Grady's
show which I watch, last week, totally unassuming and a
genuinly nice person. Has a home here in Wales btw.
Must be the Welsh air!
Quite mild for December here....how are others finding it?
Any snow there Sir Tally?
good day , we really missed the big snow . luckily we seem to lie in that magic zone , it is either north or south of us so we got about 4/5 inches , but pretty bitter in the cold .... single digits

“Here & Now”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#31304 Dec 1, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy December 1st Grace...and to all friends here...
hope this is a good month in every way for all.
Always good to see Cliff...he was a guest on Paul O'Grady's
show which I watch, last week, totally unassuming and a
genuinly nice person. Has a home here in Wales btw.
Must be the Welsh air!
Quite mild for December here....how are others finding it?
Any snow there Sir Tally?
I meant to say Cliff is a "household" name..

Yeah, mild here too, but I
fear it's the calm before the storm..

severe cold and snow forecast for later in the week!

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31305 Dec 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
good day , we really missed the big snow . luckily we seem to lie in that magic zone , it is either north or south of us so we got about 4/5 inches , but bitter in the cold .... single digits
not too bad then, although we would consider 4/5 inches pretty deep!

Everything would probably grind to a halt.

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31306 Dec 1, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to say Cliff is a "" name..
Yeah, mild here too, but I
fear it's the calm before the storm..
severe cold and snow forecast for later in the week!
Guessed at that Grace...

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31307 Dec 1, 2013
The news from New York is most tragic....

Sky News is running the two tragedies (Glasgow
Helicopter crash) and from New York's train derailment side by side.

Can only have the deepest sympathy for all involved.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#31308 Dec 1, 2013
El..Has Princess Hey or Flower shown up yet??

LOTS of folks here..CAN ya blame them??
The ambience is COZY and WARM...;)

Okay..I'll GRAB a table.. and have a cup of Hazelnut Coffee..

OMG!! Check out THAT baking Shelf..YUM!!

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31309 Dec 1, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
El..Has Princess Hey or Flower shown up yet??
LOTS of folks here..CAN ya blame them??
The ambience is COZY and WARM...;)
Okay..I'll GRAB a table.. and have a cup of Hazelnut Coffee..
OMG!! Check out THAT Shelf..YUM!!
Forgive me if I tend to talk about things that matter CC.

But hey, each to their own.

Coffee? Certainly. Cheesecake with that?!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31310 Dec 1, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thankful that you still post around, and especially here!:)
Even when it's family day like Thanksgiving.
GOBBLE, GOBBLE!
and TOUCHDOWN?:]]
heh im surprised im still around too.
:}

actually I just hang around in the kitchen because of El's scones. lol
speaking of that, we just got back a couple weeks ago from a cruise and the ship had them every afternoon. that was the first time ive tried them, ok they were good but they just reminded me of those tea biscuits u can get in the supermarket..

hope ur thanksgiving was nice and whoever u were yelling for with those touchdowns - won!

the game was on in our house but I wasn't watching it, couldn't care less who won really. not a big football fan or baseball (lol as u know)

ps - I liked ur comment on the shrinking topix thread, sooo true!
take care Luke!
:]

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

<3 Half Way There <3

#31311 Dec 1, 2013
Good evening dear friends..Hope your thanksgiving was awesome and your weekend just as awesome..mine was great..got snow but has all melted away now..very nice out but cool..hope everybody is feeling great..God bless our Tony..havent heard from him lately..Be happy and smile..:o)(hugs).<3
Denny Crains Place

Lewisville, TX

#31312 Dec 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive me if I tend to talk about things that matter CC.
But hey, each to their own.
Coffee? Certainly. Cheesecake with that?!
Good morning El and all my friends. I had a wonder 4 days with my wife. The turkey was great and I enjoyed the relaxation ; )

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#31313 Dec 2, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
heh im surprised im still around too.
:}
actually I just hang around in the kitchen because of El's scones. lol
speaking of that, we just got back a couple weeks ago from a cruise and the ship had them every afternoon. that was the first time ive tried them, ok they were good but they just reminded me of those tea biscuits u can get in the supermarket..
hope ur thanksgiving was nice and whoever u were yelling for with those touchdowns - won!
the game was on in our house but I wasn't watching it, couldn't care less who won really. not a big football fan or baseball (lol as u know)
ps - I liked ur comment on the shrinking topix thread, sooo true!
take care Luke!
:]
I just love cruises . You come back relaxed and fat :)
SLACK

Ypsilanti, MI

#31314 Dec 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive me if I tend to talk about things ....
lol. Evening ladies
Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#31315 Dec 2, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>lol. Evening ladies
How are you?..
Hope you've written to Santa already:)

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#31316 Dec 2, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
heh im surprised im still around too.
:}
actually I just hang around in the kitchen because of El's scones. lol
speaking of that, we just got back a couple weeks ago from a cruise and the ship had them every afternoon. that was the first time ive tried them, ok they were good but they just reminded me of those tea biscuits u can get in the supermarket..
hope ur thanksgiving was nice and whoever u were yelling for with those touchdowns - won!
the game was on in our house but I wasn't watching it, couldn't care less who won really. not a big football fan or baseball (lol as u know)
ps - I liked ur comment on the shrinking topix thread, sooo true!
take care Luke!
:]
Was nice for me and yours too, I hope.

Ya know, a cruise story or two would be fun to read. Did you dance your ... feet ... off?

:) Take care too, PF!

Good evening/morning, Kitchen-eers!

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31317 Dec 3, 2013
Denny Crains Place wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El and all my friends. I had a wonder 4 days with my wife. The turkey was great and I enjoyed the relaxation ; )
That's nice and Good Morning Denny.

Thought you would enjoy hearing about this it being close
to previous discussions on intruders.

In the newspaper the other day, a woman found a burglar
in her house.

She is quoted as saying 'I could see he wasn't aggressive, so I asked him if he wanted to sit down while the police came'

...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A six word game (Dec '08) 2 min Poppyann 20,106
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 2 min Parden Pard 45,200
2words into 2new words (May '12) 3 min Poppyann 5,022
Charlotte 6 min LIM 16
News Having sex makes men more likely to believe in ... 7 min Parden Pard 1
Messages: Inbox (Jul '10) 7 min On this Day 33
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 9 min SweLL GirL 4,034
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr honeymylove 33,638
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 200,694
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 hr Princess Hey 147,148
News There's something really bizarre about how Clin... 9 hr Newt G s Next Wife 9
More from around the web