El's Kitchen

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#31277 Nov 28, 2013
Prolol Tart wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Thanksgiving to all in El's Kitchen.
Are you visiting or hosting your family today Tally?
find that I'm alone now ....but thanks for the thoughts

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31278 Nov 29, 2013
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
It is so good to see you all again! El.... back!
It is great to renew old aquaintance MH...how time flies, but
old friends remain forever in the heart!
Nice to be 'in touch' again.

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31279 Nov 29, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
Hi Everyone in the Kitchen! Yes, I know it has been a very long time. Boomer and I are very well. I have been looking now and then into the kitchen and it is great to see a new person....Princess Hey, you are obviously a fit! I have missed you all tremendously! Our beautiful EL, Grace, Quincy and all the women of the kitchen. Also, the all to famous Denny, VEE, Luke, Franko, Tony, Tally and thousands more...LOL not to exclude wonderful DW and Pff!
We have been busy with all of our festivals and new business. I hope all of you have a safe and beautiful holidays as always. Boomer and I love you all! XOXO
Congrats to Grace on the new arrival to come...you know my birthday is January 3rd!!!!!! Maybe that would be a great day to have a new one..us Capricorns are okay people.
Lots of Love
Brighteyes
P.S. I will check in more often now that we are slowing down.
Thanks for this lovely warm post BE, really good to 'see' you
around once more...no mistake, I missed you. Hope Boomer and
yourself had a wonderful day yesterday and look forward to seeing more of you.

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31280 Nov 29, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>let's just say I want to go with a on my face?
LOL Franko.....but three minutes? Just about time to make a cup of tea.

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31281 Nov 29, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. It will be a hectic day in the kitchen here as we do prep for Thanksgiving. That is my friend in England favorite America
Felt almost guilty yesterday Denny...no such preparation
here..thought about y'all though...:)

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31282 Nov 29, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuz El, my abiding inclination is to be neither moocher nor tosser here.:) You're , and thank you.
Is it about tea time?
Earl Grey ... hot![please]
It goes without saying Cuz Luke....just bringing the facts,
I know that.

Tea any time you like...never a wrong time for a good cup of tea.

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31283 Nov 29, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Please forgive my meager complaint ....
"January" temperature and wind chill should not encompass Thanksgiving Eve!!!
BRRRRR !!!!
You're forgiven! Imperitive to keep warm this cruel weather.

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31284 Nov 29, 2013
I don't know which is the more annoying...the many many intrusive adverts on offbeat....or the unpleasant iconer.

So I will just wish all a very Good Morning...
Grace, Sir Tally, DW, PFfff, Denny, Franko, MH
and Brighteyes and Boomer....Prolol Tart?

and all who visit the kitchen.

“Happy Birthday”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#31286 Nov 29, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm ... I wonder what people would ask for in their last 3 minutes, if they could have anything?
I think at *that stage*
I'd be praying to any GOD who'd be prepared to
give me a hearing:)

as an insurance policy, you understand lol..

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#31287 Nov 29, 2013
you now know that this is the day after Thanksgiving... it is now legal to advertize Xmas

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31288 Nov 29, 2013
tallyho wrote:
you now know that this is the day after Thanksgiving... it is now legal to advertize Xmas
Only under 4 more weeks away....and I think it will be a
white one.

'Afternoon Sir Tally....Grace....

“Valentines Day ”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Coming Soon

#31289 Nov 29, 2013
Hope everybody enjoyed thier selfs yesterday..all is good and everyone got plenty to eat...God bless everyone..<3

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#31290 Nov 29, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Franko.....but three minutes? Just about time to make a cup of tea.
You take what you can get ... honestly though, I think if you have only 3 minutes then either you do something noble, or you do something that gives you the most joy ....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#31291 Nov 29, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I don't know which is the more annoying...the many many intrusive adverts on offbeat....or the unpleasant iconer.
So I will just wish all a very Good Morning...
Grace, Sir Tally, DW, PFfff, Denny, Franko, MH
and Brighteyes and Boomer....Prolol Tart?
and all who visit the kitchen.
one can look at this with a silver lining point of view ...

the ads help make the sight free for us to use, and the icons mean you've been noticed ....(asome say THAT ANY RECOGNITION, GOOD OR BAD, IS BetTER THAN NO RECOGNITION AT ALL ...)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#31292 Nov 29, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think at *that stage*
I'd be praying to any GOD who'd be prepared to
give me a hearing:)
as an insurance policy, you understand lol..
that hadn't occured to me .. althuogh I presumed the "hearing" occured whether you liked it or not?

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31293 Nov 29, 2013
Princess Hey wrote:
Hope enjoyed thier selfs yesterday..all is good and everyone got plenty to eat...God bless everyone..<3
Hello sweet Princess Hey....it isn't a celebration we have
over here, but the day was a good one and fortunately plenty to eat.
Hope your day was equally pleasant and peaceful and you enjoyed
it in good health....<3

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31294 Nov 29, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>one can look at this with a silver lining point of view ...
the ads help make the sight free for us to use, and the icons mean you've been noticed ....(asome say THAT ANY RECOGNITION, GOOD OR BAD, IS BetTER THAN NO RECOGNITION AT ALL ...)
Funnily enough that is exactly my point of view with P..
he hates the commercials and I point out at least they
don't charge a television fee, that the commercials pay
for themselves. I like the commercials myself, especially
the Christmas ads......

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#31295 Nov 30, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Funnily enough that is exactly my point of view with P..
he hates the commercials and I point out at least they
don't charge a television fee, that the commercials pay
for themselves. I like the commercials myself, especially
the Christmas ads......
Whereas the BBC charge a Licence Fee.

Good Morning All.

A beautiful sky this morning, the black clouds turned red
before my eyes as the sun came up, really spectacular.

“Happy Birthday”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#31296 Nov 30, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Whereas the BBC charge a Licence Fee.
Good Morning All.
A beautiful sky this morning, the black clouds turned red
before my eyes as the sun came up, really spectacular.
El,

What a tragedy in Scotland today,
these 'out of the blue 'unpredictable' happenings are so
scary,
& I feel there will be more fatalities before this day is out..

our thoughts are SO with them.

***

Hope you & Peter get to see the
PHILOMENA movie I recommended,
in your own time.You'll really enjoy it.

Lovely day here too, plenty winter sunshine & good temps

HAPPY WEEKEND to all on the thread.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#31297 Nov 30, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
El,
What a tragedy in Scotland today,
these 'out of the blue 'unpredictable' happenings are so
scary,
& I feel there will be more fatalities before this day is out..
our thoughts are SO with them.
***
Hope you & Peter get to see the
PHILOMENA movie I recommended,
in your own time.You'll really enjoy it.
Lovely day here too, plenty winter sunshine & good temps
HAPPY WEEKEND to all on the thread.
Notes from the color TV:

Yes, such a jolting tragedy at that Glasgow pub. How life can turn in moments.

Philomena ads and quick reviews indicate an entertaining, touching film Based on a true story? Another Dame Judi Dench masterpiece likely.

The hold that PBS TV has on me is in no small way from no interruptions by commercials. The exception is fund drives and breaks for begging for memberships. Much fund drive programming however, is only shown then; sometimes in successive fund raisers. Interest varies. There are certainly special programs that are "must-see TV". And then there are the music genre "revivals" (most likely the repeatables as previously mentioned).

The upshot of all this is that regular programming and continuity is suspended.

Good morning/afternoon Kitchen-eers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Could Be Hot? (May '15) 4 min Princess Hey 456
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Wolftracks 181,191
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 18 min Enzo49 1,855
One Word (Jan '09) 38 min Knock off purse s... 14,679
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 39 min Knock off purse s... 26,812
News Hills that defy gravity: Explaining the viral (... 40 min Knock off purse s... 8
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 42 min Igor Trip 186,818
More from around the web