Comments
30,541 - 30,560 of 35,996 Comments Last updated 15 min ago

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

London, UK

#31203 Nov 21, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. The health care roll out is a mess. All the lies Obama told are coming home to roost. 5 million people have lost their insurance. After a month and a half only 27,000 have enrolled and it is predicted that 100 million will lost their insurance. If your policy doesn't meet the standards of Obama care it is cancelled. So if your current policy doesn't cover birth control it is cancelled. The government does very few things well. Even the democrats are running away from the program. Obama can't run for another term but Democrats who want to stay in office in the next election are running away from the system. Obama used a letter from one lady who was so happy she would have insurance for the first time in years. It turns out the policy is so expensive she won't be able to afford insurance
Only sorry to hear things are in such an upheavel and hope it
can be reversed and sorted out Denny.

London, UK

#31204 Nov 21, 2013
tallyho wrote:
is this true ..........
Three women have been freed after spending 30 years held captive in a south London home
Apparently it is. It appears that one of women is 30 years
of age, indicating she is the child of one of the other two,
one of whom is Malaysian and the other Irish, now aged 59
and 68 yrs of age. A man and woman, both aged 67, have been arrested.
And this in Lambeth, London.

London, UK

#31205 Nov 21, 2013
Late greeting to the regulars, Grace, Sir Tally,
DW, Denny, Vee

Quincy, Princess Hey, PFfff....

with Thanksgiving round the corner, are you all prepared?

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Level 10

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#31206 Nov 21, 2013
Hello eleanorigby - I hope all is well with you!:)

London, UK

#31207 Nov 21, 2013
Trouser Cough wrote:
Hello eleanorigby - I hope all is well with you!:)
Hello TC....how very nice to see you here. All is well here and
thanks for asking, hope same for yourself. Big change in the
weather this week, could see snow on the tops when I opened the
curtains this morning, brrrr!

London, UK

#31208 Nov 21, 2013
Is this possible do you think? Would love to know
what your views are about this.

I was talking to a charming lady yesterday, no youngster, but very pretty, and with a distinct Irish accent, so much so, I ventured to ask 'mind if I ask,
are you from Dublin by any chance?'

Her answer was a resolute NO...and she went on to explain that she had been brought up in New York State, I think she said Bear Mountain? and that she was proud
of being an American citizen. Rightly so, but tell me, do you believe it possible to have an Irish brogue
having been brought up in America.

I am really puzzled by this.

Past my bedtime so I'll say 'Night 'Night.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#31209 Nov 21, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. The health care roll out is a mess. All the lies Obama told are coming home to roost. 5 million people have lost their insurance. After a month and a half only 27,000 have enrolled and it is predicted that 100 million will lost their insurance. If your policy doesn't meet the standards of Obama care it is cancelled. So if your current policy doesn't cover birth control it is cancelled. The government does very few things well. Even the democrats are running away from the program. Obama can't run for another term but Democrats who want to stay in office in the next election are running away from the system. Obama used a letter from one lady who was so happy she would have insurance for the first time in years. It turns out the policy is so expensive she won't be able to afford insurance
I doubt that 100 million would lose their insurance ... after all the insurance companies don't want to lose ALL thier cusotmers, that would be crazy. I do feel, however, that they are making a "statement" to the government with the people they have dropped ... which is "we don't have to keep the marginal customers anymore .... it is a business decision.

In fact, in my opinion, that proves exactly what is wrong with the current system .. it is all about making profits .... not about providing care to as any people as possible. As soon as they could get away with it they dropped 5 million poeple and left them in a lurch ... so much for all those commercials making out the insurance people as so magnamanous....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#31210 Nov 21, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>a letter from one lady who was so happy she would have insurance for the first time in years. It turns out the policy is so expensive she won't be able to afford insurance
If she did not have insurance before either then she is no better or worse off than before. The private insurane was also too expensive.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#31211 Nov 21, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I was talking to a charming lady yesterday, no youngster, but very pretty, and with a distinct Irish accent, so much so, I ventured to ask 'mind if I ask,
Her answer was a resolute NO...and she went on to explain that she had been brought up in New York State, I think she said Bear Mountain? and that she was proud
of being an American citizen. Rightly so, but tell me, do you believe it possible to have an Irish brogue
there are parts of some large cities that have such a concentration of people of one ethnic origin that it is possible to hear kids growing up with accents similar to thier parents.

In Canada this is most obvious in QUebec where about 3 million people in that province barely speak any english at all. In Newfoundland and a part of the province of Nova Scotia called "Cape Breton" you hear people with Scottish or Irish accents. They still speak Gaelic in Cape Breton..... there is a singing group from their called "The Rankin family" and they sing some of their songs in Gaelic (here is a link . the second half is not in english)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#31212 Nov 21, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt that 100 million would lose their insurance ... after all the insurance companies don't want to lose ALL thier cusotmers, that would be crazy. I do feel, however, that they are making a "statement" to the government with the people they have dropped ... which is "we don't have to keep the marginal customers anymore .... it is a business decision.
In fact, in my opinion, that proves exactly what is wrong with the current system .. it is all about making profits .... not about providing care to as any people as possible. As soon as they could get away with it they dropped 5 million poeple and left them in a lurch ... so much for all those commercials making out the insurance people as so magnamanous....
by the federal guide lines , they have to drop the insured because they don't meet the fed codes ... so believe it

the US can not afford National Insurance . we have to large a population ....

told you this several times .. we are not Sweden
with a 9,555,893 or Canada 34,568,211 (July 2013 est.)

we are over 300 million

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31213 Nov 21, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
for her accent yes.. sounds as if she is first generation and of course her accent would be heavy as I would assume her children would be less

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#31215 Nov 22, 2013
Morning all here..

El & Deer Whisperer,
thanks so much for good wishes
concerning 'my news'
altho.. in the nature of things one is
always afraid
to celebrate in these circumstances,
awaiting [hopefully] the safe arrival..

Yes indeed, the breaking kidnap story is
amazing, I feel there's a lot to come out
yet, a long road for the unfortunate victims
to come to terms, but, at least they are alive.

Crispy cold here with blue sunny days..
and gorgeous colours..

and

what more can one ask from November.

London, UK

#31216 Nov 22, 2013
Good Morning All

and thanks Franko and Sir Tally for your input

common sense should have prevailed, I know, but
there was not a trace of American accent..or for that matter, American phraseology. Still, it doesn't do to doubt!

I have heard of the Ranklin family Franko, enjoyed them as it so happens, good points.

London, UK

#31217 Nov 22, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Morning all here..
El & Deer Whisperer,
thanks so much for good wishes
concerning 'my news'
altho.. in the nature of things one is
always afraid
to celebrate in these circumstances,
awaiting [hopefully] the safe arrival..
Yes indeed, the breaking kidnap story is
amazing, I feel there's a lot to come out
yet, a long road for the unfortunate victims
to come to terms, but, at least they are alive.
Crispy cold here with blue sunny days..
and gorgeous colours..
and
what more can one ask from November.
Yes Grace, what more can one ask, November has it's
very own charm.

Can tell you, we are all very excited at the good news
you posted and when the time comes we will throw a party
to bless his/her head here in the kitchen.
Was wondering, are you in favour of parents knowing the sex
of the baby before it is born?

It's all very hush hush about the enslaved women, but they are
saying it is the worst case of enslavement in the British Isles
ever. As you say, much to come out about this.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31218 Nov 22, 2013
just stopping by for a quick hello and a CONGRATS TO GRACE!

and to say TGIF!
:)

“defusing bigot mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

-- every day --

#31219 Nov 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
For a live performance...I didn't realise that Luke. heard them
discussing their comeback on Sky News this evening but missed
that fact. Good for them is all I can think!
Mixed feelings on Doctor Who and the timing of the broadcast.
Would not have missed delay of the first episode personally....
but the series still has it's devotees.
It is amazing Dr. Who was started all that long ago!

Good afternoon/evening Kitchen-eers.

oh, and Earl Grey ... hot!

-- every day --

#31220 Nov 22, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt that 100 million would lose their insurance ... after all the insurance companies don't want to lose ALL thier cusotmers, that would be crazy. I do feel, however, that they are making a "statement" to the government with the people they have dropped ... which is "we don't have to keep the marginal customers anymore .... it is a business decision.
That's the real truth -- the deep truth -- below the surface truth and the spin-truth.

-- every day --

#31221 Nov 22, 2013
PFfff wrote:
just stopping by for a quick hello and a CONGRATS TO GRACE!
and to say TGIF!
:)
Well, TGIF to you!

-- every day --

#31222 Nov 22, 2013
I think this was noted and commented on here in El's Kitchen.

So we all can sleep at peace this good night:

http://news.yahoo.com/solved-riddle-rotating-...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31223 Nov 22, 2013
just a tad on national health....

. "Many will not be able to afford the per person deductibles before insurance begins to pay. What are you really paying for?"

About 4.4 million people in the individual insurance market are not eligible for the subsidies and tax credits that can help cover premiums and out-of-pocket costs, including deductibles.

Insurance brokers and "navigators" helping people apply for insurance say there are shockingly high prices for some consumers who aren't eligible for subsidies. Without much competition in some states and because they know so little about their new customers, insurers may have priced higher than they would have otherwise.

After Washington, D.C.'s exchange posted insurers' proposed rates something few other states did three out of the four insurers refiled lower rates and one of them did it twice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min ms_Sweeter 145,286
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min -Lea- 18,599
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 12 min Romancer 25,342
Half-ton alligator caught in Alabama sets world... 16 min Parden Pard 2
What do Latino girls like about black guys? (Aug '07) 16 min OOO 224
Fake dogs used to combat pesky flock of geese 18 min Parden Pard 1
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 18 min Bill 13,234
Fergson Police Dept. 43 min Parden Pard 405
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr Old Sam 814
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Adrian DeVine 28,511
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••