“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#31184 Nov 18, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Denny..and all friends here.
Have I missed you!
Granted, had a nice break, but not the same without my Offbeat
friends.
I saw that advertised on the telly Denny, but by-passed it for some reason, from what you say, glad I did. Not sure I could bare to watch it to be truthful, remember it clearly, what a time that was
back then.
VEE....good to hear from you, and thanks for the photos of your sister's work at the shelter, she has taken to it so well. Hope you are much better by now.
Good to see you hear again Quincy, missed you greatly, and sincerely
hope that you, along with our Dear Luke, are not affected by the tornadoes.
GRACE....am heavily into X-Factor this time around, and enjoying it immensly.
Rubbing my eyes!! Well hell, Cuz El's back from her sojourn!

Thank you so much for your concerns about my welfare regarding Sunday's storms. All's well -- was without electricity for almost 2 hours, but just that inconvenience.

Are you taking a respite at home base before touring more to fill out the rest of November?

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

London, UK

#31185 Nov 19, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbing my eyes!! Well hell, Cuz El's back from her sojourn!
Thank you so much for your concerns about my welfare regarding Sunday's storms. All's well -- was without electricity for almost 2 hours, but just that inconvenience.
Are you taking a respite at home base before touring more to fill out the rest of November?
Main reason for coming back Cuz Luke...I had just seen the images of Illinois on Sky News.....so glad you escaped unscathed.

Well! You know what they say, best laid plans of Mice and Men and all that...we visited two National Trust properties which have been on our wish list, Chirk Castle being one...and went over to the island a few times, always a pleasure,(Anglesey) or in Welsh, Ynys Mon (the Mother Island)...but I did a hell of lot of just sweeping leaves and generally mucking about at home.
We have a light dusting of snow this morning, it's really beautiful.
Love the Winter months.

“MEOW!”

London, UK

#31186 Nov 19, 2013
Good Morning Everyone,

The Gentle Giant came back this morning, by whom
I mean the stray cat I have been feeding for some months now, so it was action stations, and he was
whizzed over to the Vets to be 'done'.....and hopefully this will curb his instincts, in time, to roam.

Had to laugh. P took him for me while I 'phoned to say the cat was on his way. The nurse asked me 'is he accompanied?'....hahaha

He is described at the Vets as 'the Feral'...a more gentle cat I have yet to meet, he is a darling and there is a home here for him forever. Named him Morgan.

Not a lot to say other than that, it's a lovely day, sunny, has been a light snowfall overnight....
beautiful.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#31187 Nov 19, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,
I mean the stray cat I have been feeding for some months now, so it was action stations, and he was
whizzed over to the Vets to be 'done'.....and hopefully this will curb his instincts, in time, to roam.
Had to laugh. P took him for me while I 'phoned to say the cat was on his way. The nurse asked me 'is he accompanied?'....hahaha
He is described at the Vets as 'the Feral'...a more gentle cat I have yet to meet, he is a darling and there is a home here for him forever. Named him Morgan.
Not a lot to say other than that, it's a lovely day, sunny, has been a light snowfall overnight....
beautiful.
Good morning El. All these pre Thanksgiving lunches are putting weight on me :( Time to diet soon

“MEOW!”

London, UK

#31188 Nov 19, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. All these pre Thanksgiving lunches are putting weight on me :( Time to diet soon
I know the feeling Denny, and I can't use Thanksgiving as an excuse, lol. You need comfort foods in this weather, don't worry about it so long as you feel fine.
Really bitterly cold here now, and just going dark. Didn't get around to watching Breaking Bad last night and tonight England are playing Germany (football) should be a good game.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#31189 Nov 19, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it all over my homepage....was reading the UK reporter's diary
of events who was in NY on the day, within hours was in Dallas.
Strange how the shock comes back to hit you as if it were yesterday.
Oh..I got the box set of Breaking Bad, series 1, may start watching tonight.
You are going to love it. The first scenes are also the last scenes in the whole series.

informs against BS

#31190 Nov 19, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,
beautiful.
Good evening/morning Kitchen-eers. It appears, and so glad of that, that stormy Sunday in the U.S. didn't hurt anyone here.

Your post, Cuz El signifies that all's right with the world. Another charge-kitty to love and righteous weather.

We shall have tea and biscuits on the Wednesday.:)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#31191 Nov 20, 2013
Morning all the regulars,
El, Tally, Deer Whisperer, Slack, Denny, Vee,
PFfff, Madam Quinny & Franko...

Running neatly into Christmas this year,
I love these winter days, there is an added sparkle
about Christmas this year 'for me'..
a sparkle of anticipation ---

sound the DRUM ROLL please>

A new grandchild's arrival - expected in January!!!!

It's kinda like the real Santa is coming to me too
this year.. with a little parcel placed under the tree, tied up with a pink/blue ribbon and a note saying >
"not to be opened 'til January 2014.."

“MEOW!”

London, UK

#31192 Nov 20, 2013
Few minutes before I set off to collect one cat from Vets....surgery was delayed until this morning due to a number of emergencies, so I am sure Morgan will be glad to be 'home'....he will be kept in tonight and we are making a facility for him in which to sleep outside cosy and warm, and live the life he prefers.

Hope to back for tea-time Cuz Luke....tea and biscuits it is...:)

Such good news on this cold Winter's day Grace,
will be a wonderful start to the coming year.

Hey Denny...tonight's the night, lol...in fact,
wish I had watched last night as the match was a wash out, not because England lost, but because they were rubbish, much as I hate to say it.
Although Joe Hart (the Goalie) was superb, still
England's number 1.

Wonder what Krypteia and Tony's views were of it.

Leaving freshly baked Banana Loaf on the counter,
coffee is on the go.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#31193 Nov 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Few minutes before I set off to collect one cat from Vets....surgery was delayed until this morning due to a number of emergencies, so I am sure Morgan will be glad to be 'home'....he will be kept in tonight and we are making a facility for him in which to sleep outside cosy and warm, and live the life he prefers.
wish I had watched last night as the match was a wash out, not because England lost, but because they were rubbish, much as I hate to say it.
England's number 1.
coffee is on the go.
The 'Florence Nightingale' of the animal world - indeed..

Bless you in your excellent.. worthy work.

Thanks for good wishes - appreciated..

informs against BS

#31194 Nov 20, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Morning all the regulars,
El, Tally, Deer Whisperer, Slack, Denny, Vee,
PFfff, Madam Quinny & Franko...
Running neatly into Christmas this year,
I love these winter days, there is an added sparkle
about Christmas this year 'for me'..
a sparkle of anticipation ---
sound the DRUM ROLL please>
A new grandchild's arrival - expected in January!!!!
It's kinda like the real Santa is coming to me too
this year.. with a little parcel placed under the tree, tied up with a pink/blue ribbon and a note saying >
"not to be opened 'til January 2014.."
Congrats and hurrah/huzzah for your coming holiday grandchild Grace~!!~

Good afternoon Kitchen-eers~~!

informs against BS

#31195 Nov 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
England's number 1.
coffee is on the go.
Alrighty then. I came 'round a tad early but coffee's good! I'll leave some notes to enjoy though nothing from The Times, Mail, Mirror, Guardian, etc.

And now for something completely different -- I see where Monty Python is re-forming for a live performance.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/monty-python-reu...

Another news bit I saw recently was about the 50th anniversary of the debut of Dr. Who

I've only seen a few episodes from the Tom Baker and Peter Davison stints because of visiting in northern Indiana with access to Chicago PBS.

The assassination of President Kennedy BBC coverage and power black-outs somewhat affected the first showing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Who#History

Doctor Who first appeared on BBC television at 17:16:20 GMT on 23 November 1963,[14][15] following discussions and plans that had been in progress for a year.

It has been suggested that the transmission of the first episode was delayed by ten minutes due to extended news coverage of the assassination of US President John F. Kennedy the previous day; whereas in fact, it went out just eighty seconds late.[26] Because it was believed that the coverage of the events of the assassination as well as a series of power blackouts across the country may have caused too many viewers to miss this introduction to a new series, the BBC broadcast it again on 30 November 1963, just before the broadcast of episode two.[27][28]

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#31198 Nov 21, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
England's number 1.
coffee is on the go.
Good morning El. The health care roll out is a mess. All the lies Obama told are coming home to roost. 5 million people have lost their insurance. After a month and a half only 27,000 have enrolled and it is predicted that 100 million will lost their insurance. If your policy doesn't meet the standards of Obama care it is cancelled. So if your current policy doesn't cover birth control it is cancelled. The government does very few things well. Even the democrats are running away from the program. Obama can't run for another term but Democrats who want to stay in office in the next election are running away from the system. Obama used a letter from one lady who was so happy she would have insurance for the first time in years. It turns out the policy is so expensive she won't be able to afford insurance

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#31200 Nov 21, 2013
is this true ..........

Three women have been freed after spending 30 years held captive in a south London home

“MEOW!”

London, UK

#31202 Nov 21, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Alrighty then. I came 'round a tad early but coffee's good! I'll leave some notes to enjoy though nothing from The Times, Mail, Mirror, Guardian, etc.
And now for something completely different -- I see where Monty Python is re-forming for a live performance.
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/monty-python-reu...
Another news bit I saw recently was about the 50th anniversary of the debut of Dr. Who
I've only seen a few episodes from the Tom Baker and Peter Davison stints because of visiting in northern Indiana with access to Chicago PBS.
The assassination of President Kennedy BBC coverage and power black-outs somewhat affected the first showing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Who#History
Doctor Who first appeared on BBC television at 17:16:20 GMT on 23 November 1963,[14][15] following discussions and plans that had been in progress for a year.
It has been suggested that the transmission of the first episode was delayed by ten minutes due to extended news coverage of the assassination of US President John F. Kennedy the previous day; whereas in fact, it went out just eighty seconds late.[26] Because it was believed that the coverage of the events of the assassination as well as a series of power blackouts across the country may have caused too many viewers to miss this introduction to a new series, the BBC broadcast it again on 30 November 1963, just before the broadcast of episode two.[27][28]
For a live performance...I didn't realise that Luke. heard them
discussing their comeback on Sky News this evening but missed
that fact. Good for them is all I can think!

Mixed feelings on Doctor Who and the timing of the broadcast.
Would not have missed delay of the first episode personally....
but the series still has it's devotees.

“MEOW!”

London, UK

#31203 Nov 21, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. The health care roll out is a mess. All the lies Obama told are coming home to roost. 5 million people have lost their insurance. After a month and a half only 27,000 have enrolled and it is predicted that 100 million will lost their insurance. If your policy doesn't meet the standards of Obama care it is cancelled. So if your current policy doesn't cover birth control it is cancelled. The government does very few things well. Even the democrats are running away from the program. Obama can't run for another term but Democrats who want to stay in office in the next election are running away from the system. Obama used a letter from one lady who was so happy she would have insurance for the first time in years. It turns out the policy is so expensive she won't be able to afford insurance
Only sorry to hear things are in such an upheavel and hope it
can be reversed and sorted out Denny.

“MEOW!”

London, UK

#31204 Nov 21, 2013
tallyho wrote:
is this true ..........
Three women have been freed after spending 30 years held captive in a south London home
Apparently it is. It appears that one of women is 30 years
of age, indicating she is the child of one of the other two,
one of whom is Malaysian and the other Irish, now aged 59
and 68 yrs of age. A man and woman, both aged 67, have been arrested.
And this in Lambeth, London.

“MEOW!”

London, UK

#31205 Nov 21, 2013
Late greeting to the regulars, Grace, Sir Tally,
DW, Denny, Vee

Quincy, Princess Hey, PFfff....

with Thanksgiving round the corner, are you all prepared?

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Level 10

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#31206 Nov 21, 2013
Hello eleanorigby - I hope all is well with you!:)

“MEOW!”

London, UK

#31207 Nov 21, 2013
Trouser Cough wrote:
Hello eleanorigby - I hope all is well with you!:)
Hello TC....how very nice to see you here. All is well here and
thanks for asking, hope same for yourself. Big change in the
weather this week, could see snow on the tops when I opened the
curtains this morning, brrrr!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Roy 149,594
Be Safe tonight 7 min Safety 1st 5
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 13 min Old Sam 13,433
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min replaytime 122,244
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 28 min Old Sam 6,351
The long list of thing I'll never do (Jul '13) 29 min Old Sam 324
A six word game (Dec '08) 30 min Trouser Cough 17,845
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 40 min honeymylove 22,547
True or False Game 4 hr Fedsuperman 634
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 5 hr Humhainna 7,032