“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#31112 Nov 8, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>sup Luke
looks like my reputation precedes me
Uh, no sir! My original profile goes back to '08 where I posted on threads like "What are you wearing today?", Tally's threads, others , and Paula's.

I've learned much (I learn as I go, sometimes the hard way) in all that time ... results in who I post with and, who I don't.

informs against BS

#31115 Nov 8, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>please, its SLACK
just havin fun, we have all been fooled here, no shame in that
"just havin fun"... me too.

;)

informs against BS

#31116 Nov 8, 2013
SLACK wrote:
hey Luke, YGM on FB
Aw man!**grumble** I haven't FB'ed in "forever". I did finally check out that pic you sent me. Just didn't have a reply for it.

I'll check it out after while. Thanks.

informs against BS

#31118 Nov 8, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>snow peas
beautiful flower
no need to check, you know
Indeed it is!

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

β€˜

#31119 Nov 8, 2013
Hi everyone... GOOD EVENING.

At home, glass of red wine after dinner -

November winds blowing outside..

there's a cosiness about this time O' year.
heading towards Christmas..

I miss El here...

but am so glad to see MH back..

it's all about swings and roundabouts ....

life's story

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#31120 Nov 8, 2013
Happeeeeeeee Friday evening!!!! So we have a new Topix format? What's with the Topix subjects being upside down for a minute or two and then revolving so you can read them?

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#31121 Nov 8, 2013
I used all of my E-mil addresses to contact E! Whoops! gotta go my neighbor lost his 5 year old son!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#31122 Nov 8, 2013
tallyho wrote:
GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE LADIES/GENTS of the REALM....
believe a lot of p/c problems are falling under the new windows8
I hope you are not surprised by this???

All new versions of software are in fact beta versions, not truly 100% debugged ... and the unsuspecting public are the guinea pigs ...(AKA Beta testers)

With built in obsolescence we are forced to adopt the new software sooner or later .. I understand that virtually no software will run with WINDOWS XP anymore, and Windows VISTA will follow within 2 years ...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#31123 Nov 8, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you are not surprised by this???
All new versions of software are in fact beta versions, not truly 100% debugged ... and the unsuspecting public are the guinea pigs ...(AKA Beta testers)
With built in obsolescence we are forced to adopt the new software sooner or later .. I understand that virtually no software will run with WINDOWS XP anymore, and Windows VISTA will follow within 2 years ...
yes , I sorta posted that earlier we are succumbing to
the new windows8 going to be a touch screen affair
if you sign up... however you will be charged usage time .... getting use to the icons is a pain ..etc etc

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31124 Nov 8, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you are not surprised by this???
ooooooooooops yes I was shock isn't the easiest to program

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#31125 Nov 9, 2013
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Saturday one and all! My computer has gone crazy. Every time I log on now it tells me about CK DISC. I let it do it two times, now I just keep canceling it. Waiting for the Dept Of health to come back with my test, they are thinking E coli.(Maybe Lysteria.) Other then that, still working and looking forward to the holidays.

“M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

And Have A Happy New Year

#31126 Nov 9, 2013
Good morning all hope everybody is good this fine day..Hope you have a good report Vee..God bless the sick,hurting and may you have a better day today...(hugs)..just remember you are never alone..

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31127 Nov 9, 2013
GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE LADIES&GENTS of the REALM

really getting to understand this windows8 more and more ..

it can be a touch screen system .. but 1st you have to sign-up... the p/c will always open to a start page with all the system's apps displayed you can touch your app and it will open .. etc etc
draw back some of the apps you have to buy..and then pay for usage .. looks like it uses Pay-Pal

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#31128 Nov 9, 2013
Good morning everyone. Next week we may be in the 20's. Brrrrr

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#31129 Nov 10, 2013
EVENT:

November 10, 2013 marks the Marine Corps’ 238th birthday -- please join us in wishing the Corps a Happy Birthday. USMC Birthday. Marine Corps Birthday;

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

β€˜

#31130 Nov 10, 2013
tallyho wrote:
GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE LADIES&GENTS of the REALM
really getting to understand this windows8 more and more ..
it can be a touch screen system .. but 1st you have to sign-up... the p/c will always open to a start page with all the system's apps displayed you can touch your app and it will open .. etc etc
draw back some of the apps you have to buy..and then pay for usage .. looks like it uses Pay-Pal
Greetings back Tally and same to all here.

Vee so sorry to hear you were so ill...
Hope you are over it now.

It's a bright sunny day here.

Enjoy the weekend.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#31131 Nov 10, 2013
tallyho wrote:
EVENT:
November 10, 2013 marks the Marine Corps’ 238th birthday -- please join us in wishing the Corps a Happy Birthday. USMC Birthday. Marine Corps Birthday;
That is also the day the Navy tries to steal the gate to the base guarded by the Marines

informs against BS

#31132 Nov 10, 2013
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
I used all of my E-mil addresses to contact E! Whoops! gotta go my neighbor lost his 5 year old son!
I hope the kid is OK. Eleanorigby is out for the month of November ... as in out and about "touring"/visiting.

Good afternoon/evening Kitchen-eers!

informs against BS

#31133 Nov 10, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>snow peas
beautiful flower
no need to check, you know
Those came from your garden?

informs against BS

#31134 Nov 10, 2013
Good night and Good Morning with Wiki notes

11/10

1871 – Journalist and explorer Henry Morton Stanley located missing missionary and explorer David Livingstone (both pictured, left and right respectively) in Ujiji, near Lake Tanganyika in present-day Tanzania.

1969 – The first episode of the children's television series Sesame Street premiered on public broadcasting television stations in the United States, to adulatory reviews, some controversy, and high ratings.

11/11 Armistice Day/Rememberance Day/Veteran's Day

related in America:

November 13, 1982 – Memorial dedication after a march to its site by thousands of Vietnam War veterans. As a National Memorial it was administratively listed on the National Register of Historic Places the same day.
November 1984 – The Three Soldiers statue is dedicated.
November 11, 1993 – Vietnam Women's Memorial is dedicated.
1994 – The Pentagon, instead of adding two unidentified bodies of Vietnam veterans to the Tomb of the Unknowns, recommended that a display of medals be added behind the tomb with a plaque reading: "Let all know that the United States of America pays tribute to the members of the Armed Forces who answered their country's call." A Veterans Affairs subcommittee later changed the statement to read: "Let all know that the United States of America pays tribute to the members of the Armed Forces who served honorably in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam Era." Later, in 1998, Congress, prodded by the Vietnam-Era Caucus (composed of veteran Congressmen), discussed creating a "Vietnam Veterans Week" to honor the survivors of the war.
November 10, 2004 – Dedication of memorial plaque honoring veterans who died after the war as a direct result of injuries suffered in Vietnam, but who fall outside Department of Defense guidelines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
30,000 post wins (May '13) 2 min Weird 0ne 2 2,084
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Word by Word 25,724
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 13 min toad4754 7,586
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 15 min toad4754 2,877
True or False Game 20 min toad4754 1,265
tellmealie (Dec '12) 23 min toad4754 336
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 25 min xxxooxxx 132,746
Is it possible to....... 34 min toad4754 579
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr _hellbilly_ 152,518
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 4 hr Princess Hey 334