Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Period pieces of late Victorian through Edwardian through the World Wars are definitely interesting regarding the societal changes in the Isles and the Continent and how the class system was affected by those changes. The economy (and economics) was different after each war. Perspectives of both genders were changing, from the economics and societal (like Women's Suffrage) factors. Many estates had to be sold off, or foreclosed because of the expenses to maintain and make tax obligations.
The class-ism not completely snuffed out of course, but permanently altered.
While the U.S. has had much flexibility in movement in one's station, there were parallels here in the societal changes during the same time period. And was the genesis for civil rights movements for the main black and Hispanic minorities, not to minimize the plight of Asians.
And then ... for all of us; the 60s-70s.
Well said DW,

We live in an ever 4481changing world.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said DW,
We live in an ever 4481changing world.
Thanks Grace. Indeed we do.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO remember Luke...so having been here you will understand.
It makes a tremendous difference to one's being...it has been a
sorrowful time..but that is history now for both you and I.
Oh dear...must say I hadn't thought how grand the picture would have been on the new set, but I wasn't going to allow myself to witness a decline in the programme which I suspected was happening.
Brilliant to watch the documentaries on the new telly and of course the sport.
Tired now, so I will just wish everyone a very Good Night.
DENNY....glad for you that your face has gone down...good healing
powers.
KRYPTEIA....don't raise your hopes, LOL.
{{{ Cuz El }}} as you say, a tremendous difference.

If Tony reads, I'm viewing Cornwall flavor and countryside because Doc Martin is now a "must see" on weekend TV.

NIght!

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
If Tony reads, I'm viewing Cornwall flavor and countryside because Doc Martin is now a "must see" on weekend TV.
NIght!
I've been saving a link for here after watching this sister act on national TV this weekend.
The Guardian writer likes'em, it seems. Yeah, there are concrete canyons in Indiana though not to the extent of the larger cities in the U.S. There are some natural 'mini-canyons' in the Indiana wild, I can confirm.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/aug/21/...

The Connie Booth 'talk' reminded me that I read in Wikipedia awhile back that she was from rural Indiana [probably around Indianapolis].

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Ringwood, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
NIght!
Doc Martin is filmed in the village of Port Isaac on the north Cornish coast - also home to Fisherman's Friends - a group that has made headlines with their singing. One of their number, Trevor Grills, was killed last year in a tragic accident. Google them in youtube, some of their stuff is on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Ringwood, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Another posting on Fisherman's Friends - this time because it was filmed at the Minack Theatre. It's an open air theatre on the Cliffside in south west Cornwall, all the work on one woman (now dead). An incredible venue, although the seats are concrete!!.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Morning folks,

El,

I agree with you there are some excellent documentaries
to be seen nightly, I have watched so many,
between channels> National Geographic - Eden,
Discovery - History etc etc, there's a huge selection,
and with your grand new TV,
you've got it made.. Kudos.

Good to see you out & about Tony,
for you and Deer Whisperer.

I went to see the movie PRISONERS,
it's an excellent thriller,
just saying in case you haven't yet seen it.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Bore Da PFfff.....hastily swapping the every day teapot for the
best one....plumping cushions and clearing away all the used
plates etc......lol....sit yourself down and join in with we
commoners...lol....
I often think about Franko....and Quincy..also the dear
folk who did the exhibitions....cannot blieve I cannot recall their
topix names...although their real names are foremost in my mind....
Miss them all.
LOL LOL - I knew u'd get a kick outta my silly sense of humor.
actually that's something my husband jokes about, in his job he will often get invited to some sport events where its only the best seat, food and beer - he loves it. but when hes invited for one that doesnt include "only the best", he jokes (to me) that he "wont go and be with the common people" lol
so basically - Im hanging around him too much, hes a bad influence on me. lol

jumping in here on the Downton Abby thing, we just got finished watching the first season. so far so good..
gotta say..
we've watched several series (like spartacus) and it seems like these TV people tend to get carried away with a show and eventually u think "ok had enough of this one"
but at least its SOMETHING to watch- for awhile anyway.
ya know what I mean, TV stinks anymore! lol
one show we watched was "John Adams" - not sure if that would interest u - El, Grace - but it was very informative about our country's beginning and I actually learned something. lol

like I said, there are several series that we've watched, but unfortunately I cant remember the names, or even if u guys would be able to get them where u live.
jeez im getting more and more forgetful - that stinks too! lol
Bora Da!
:)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Those can't be to much fun!
I've never been stung though I should have been many times, but I have been bitten by a wasp. I used to corner them in windows and if you do it smoothly, you can pick up a wasp between your fingers between the head and stinger, you can watch the little stinger needle poking in and out attempting to sting you, but one time I did that and the wasp got it's head turned around far enough to bite me and to me that was just as bad lol, I think that was the last time I tried that.
reminds me - when my daughter was about 6 months old, I sat her down on a blanket in the yard and a bee came flying by her, she reached out and actually grabbed it.
think that was the Last time she ever did that. the look on her face - well too bad I didn't have a camera. lol
poor kid..
but every time I tell that story to her, I cant help but laugh.. im a horrible mom. lol lol

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE LADIES&GENTS of the REALM KIT KRUE

a nice brisk morning ..... if this was Jan. it would be considered a nice day in winter

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo!!
I even felt that:)
you expressed it brilliantly.
Thanks Grace!

I also used to get something resembling a bat or some piece of wood and would get them pissed off where they would drop off the nest, then it was like batting practice lol.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
reminds me - when my daughter was about 6 months old, I sat her down on a blanket in the yard and a bee came flying by her, she reached out and actually grabbed it.
think that was the Last time she ever did that. the look on her face - well too bad I didn't have a camera. lol
poor kid..
but every time I tell that story to her, I cant help but laugh.. im a horrible mom. lol lol
Poor kid, that's one of those bitter sweet moments! You hate to see that happen but sometimes is kinda funny as long as the don't get hurt.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL LOL - I knew u'd get a kick outta my silly sense of humor.
actually that's something my husband jokes about, in his job he will often get invited to some sport events where its only the best seat, food and beer - he loves it. but when hes invited for one that doesnt include "only the best", he jokes (to me) that he "wont go and be with the common people" lol
so basically - Im hanging around him too much, hes a bad influence on me. lol
jumping in here on the Downton Abby thing, we just got finished watching the first season. so far so good..
gotta say..
we've watched several series (like spartacus) and it seems like these TV people tend to get carried away with a show and eventually u think "ok had enough of this one"
but at least its SOMETHING to watch- for awhile anyway.
ya know what I mean, TV stinks anymore! lol
one show we watched was "John Adams" - not sure if that would interest u - El, Grace - but it was very informative about our country's beginning and I actually learned something. lol
like I said, there are several series that we've watched, but unfortunately I cant remember the names, or even if u guys would be able to get them where u live.
jeez im getting more and more forgetful - that stinks too! lol
Bora Da!
:)
Are you watching breaking bad? It is fantastic. I had never watched it so I started with the first season and watched them all

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

I like this ad a lot,
great message.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Hi El -
Just dropped by to share some banana bread.
Enjoy.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>hey there Texan citizen .. how are you?
Hi there Franko ... I'm doing real well and hope the same for you ... Went down to South Padre Island, had a blast with some old classmates and look forward to going back down in the near future ... I went to my daddy's grave and put new flowers in and my old boyfriends and did the same ... Met up with some old childhood friends and had a great time ... Meant to get with some cousins but time was cut short ... Hurricane (I) started with and I ran us off the beach as they ran us off the beach so why be on the beach, right? so we came inland and had just as much fun ... Went to Mexico twice and had a lovely dinner with, get this, a friend of my brothers who nothing and I mean NOTHING like my brother ... this guy can Rokken Roll ... my brother fits more along the lines of a Redneck cowboy or whatever ... he wears cowboy boots and a hat, STILL, lol ... It was a fantastic vacation and too much fun ...

Good to see you, Franko .. Take care, be safe! >>Huggles<< FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Krypteia wrote:
They just found a mummy in Egypt,he was covered in chocolate and peanuts..His name is Pharaoh Rocher.
Hello babes! LOL on the pun ... although I'm sure no pun was intended, hahaha Hello to the wife and yall take care :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Good morning Lady El ... been missing you and thinking of you ... Lots going on ... Rescued a new pup, Chance ... 1 yr 7 months and said to be a coon hound with possible lab mix ... he's beautiful, still timid but warming up to me ... Jax gave him the 5 second "alpha" dog grrrrrrrrrr and quickly established who was boss ... Chance said, "okay, no problem" LOL ... He was sleeping on my nice, brand new bed in the front bedroom ... I've since closed off that room and forced him to socialize with us in the living room and/or kitchen & dining area. The fainting couch that I bought for Jax that Jax never would use? Well, now Jax wants to get on it since I've taugt Chance to get on it to keep him from jumping up and scratching my new leather furniture ... yep,NOW Jax wants up ... I don't care if they both get on the fainting couch but Jax, buddy, you had your "chance", no pun intended, lol ... I've been training with voice and hand commands, no treats, YET ... that will come at a later time but he seems to be listening and trying to please me ... I bought treats yesterday and get tennis balls later today to start an exercise regime ... He is so shy,timid and afraid of people Lady El ... he was severely abused in his younger days ... The other day I accidentally dropped a plastic bowl and he took off running down the hall to the other bedroom ... it's so sad but Jax and I'll make him better ... He was hiding from me in their dog park next door, behind the trees, behind my utility shed, behind my house and would not come to me ... slowly he is coming out of that ... He knows "inside" "outside" ... I've got my work set out for me ...

Hope you, P and the kittens are all doing well, my friend ... I do think of you often ... When I'm offline for days it seems like it takes HOURS to get caught up here and F/B ... Came here to share the love and to wish you a great day ...
Much love and affection ... Take care! FC <3 ...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE
LADIES/GENTS of the REALM...KIT KRUE

really getting that fall-winter temps at night now ... days are pleasant however

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

really getting a great show of the Aurora Borealis........[northern lights] btw had seen the southern lights as well
aka Aurora Australias

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••