El's Kitchen

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#30585 Oct 3, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
pssst..Grace...was hoping you may have a poem up your sleeve for us!....:)
IF I could motivate to make a deep search into my storage, and IF I could find it ....

I could post a poem about a pinball machine (and the girlfriend who inspired the verses)!

The game was called "Satin Doll"; and I believe that was the title of the poem.

:)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30586 Oct 3, 2013
for those in the dark:

When five years later after moving to China Mr Coopersmith investigated the difference between the total cost of production in China and America, including the cost of shipping, customs duties and other fees, just as cheap here

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30587 Oct 3, 2013
did you know.....


2

Print Friendly and PDF
Email this page

Watch out China and Canada,“Made in America” has an attractive ring to it these days.

Four years after the height of the financial crisis, marked by a drastic drop in salaries, the United States is again finding favor among manufacturers.

Out on the campaign trail ahead of the November 6 elections, President Barack Obama has picked up on the point to convince voters that the US economy is back on track.

“After years of undercutting the competition, now it’s getting more expensive to do business in places like China,” he said in May, adding that both wages and shipping costs were up in the single-party state known for attracting foreign firms that often subsequently cut jobs back home.

“American workers are getting more and more efficient. Companies located here are becoming more and more competitive. So for a lot of businesses, it’s now starting to make sense to bring jobs back home.”

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#30588 Oct 3, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
AUTUMN -
"Autumn came at the end of the summer
And rustled through all the trees
saying to itself .. in whispering tones
'I know just what to do with these'
Autumn took out a box of colours
and now, that the leaves were old,
coloured each to perfection in
In strong shades of Red and Gold.
Wild winds swept down from the mountains
Dancing in merry delight
forming leaves in a circle
Driving them into flight.
A great harvest moon .. shining
bright as the disc of the sun
casting a pearly moonlight
down upon everyone.
Autumn fruits in abundance
In tiny shop-window streets
Piled high in all shapes and all colours -
truly, a visual treat.
Smiley faced pumpkins peeking -
doing their best to hide
Waiting to light up in splendour
On the blessed 'All Hallows' night.
Ancient souls wandering the earth
Looking for a prayer -
hoping SOMEONE was listening -
wishing that SOMEONE might care.
The beautiful season is dying
It's hours numbered one by one
HALLOWEEN>>>
when the clock STRIKES Midnight ...
Autumn will have gone:"
[Grace Nerissa:]
Very, very nice for capturing the season, Grace!'Tis so very colorful around now, on the branches and a-ground as well.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30589 Oct 3, 2013
for those who can't think
Why Apple Is Bringing Manufacturing Back To The United States ...

Today’s news from Tim Cook that Apple is bringing some Mac manufacturing from China back to the United States is encouraging for the first reason

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30590 Oct 3, 2013
and for the brain dead....
Reshoring manufacturing: Coming home | The Economist
A growing number of American companies are moving their manufacturing back to the United States ... one such state,... a European aeroplane manufacturer,...
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#30591 Oct 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
for those in the dark:
When five years later after moving to China Mr Coopersmith investigated the difference between the total cost of production in China and America, including the cost of shipping, customs duties and other fees, just as cheap here
only when the cost of fuel went up
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#30592 Oct 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
and for the brain dead....
Reshoring manufacturing: Coming home | The Economist
A growing number of American companies are moving their manufacturing back to the United States ......
due to the cost of fuel

DOH!
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#30593 Oct 3, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Very, very nice for capturing the season, Grace!'Tis so very colorful around now, on the branches and a-ground as well.
LOOKS LIKE POPS IS HITTING THE PASTE AGAIN
oops

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30594 Oct 3, 2013
good nite ,
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#30595 Oct 3, 2013
yes

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30596 Oct 4, 2013
GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE
LADIES&GENTS of the REALM KIT KRUE

amazing , the cable is change the alignment of the channels here and right now a lot are not available ...movie/drama/series/document s etc etc HOWEVER the ad channels are showing

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30597 Oct 4, 2013
I wonder when we are going to play the National Anthem in Spanish ..

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Chelmsford, UK

#30598 Oct 4, 2013
tallyho wrote:
I wonder when we are going to play the National Anthem in Spanish ..
Good Morning Sir Tally..

good point...in the RW, a young man I know from NJ applid for a job but was turned down as sh didn't speak Spanish.

On the other side of the coin, watching a tv programme the other night, the new Interntional airport in Dubai dictates that ALL employees most speak English, from Pilots to Security and Public Information.

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Chelmsford, UK

#30599 Oct 4, 2013
worn keypad....should have been young 'woman' sorry about typos.

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Chelmsford, UK

#30600 Oct 4, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
From the generosity of caring folk, the guy that found the younger Boston bomber in his boat that was subsequently shot into by police:
http://gma.yahoo.com/man-found-boston-maratho...
Those are two wonderful organisations Cuz Luke, heartwarming to read what their generous donations have achieved.

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Chelmsford, UK

#30601 Oct 4, 2013
Good Morning to All here....Deer Whisperer, PFfff,
Grace, Denny, LIM et al.

Spent hours at the Vets yesterday, today off for
my 'flu shot...borrowing from my American cousins now...BUMMER. lol

Looking forward to tomorrow....a new telly and
Manchester United are playing...I have a special
lunch planned including trifle...

Hope everyone is having a good day.....:)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30602 Oct 4, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Sir Tally..
good point...in the RW, a young man I know from NJ applid for a job but was turned down as sh didn't speak Spanish.
On the other side of the coin, watching a tv programme the other night, the new Interntional airport in Dubai dictates that ALL employees most speak English, from Pilots to Security and Public Information.
good point El
it does work both ways, and its good business.
although I gotta say, when we were in France, we got lost and tried speaking to a police office for directions, at first he pretended he didn't know what we were saying, then after watching us struggle - he let us off the hook and said yes he knew a little English. lol

I personally have no problem with people here speaking in Spanish, no problem teaching it in schools either, but I draw the line when it comes to the "general" public having to conform to a language that is not considered "American"
so if ur gonna live here, learn our language. other generations have done it, no reason why the new ones cant either.
IMO

anyway Bora Da!

we have a neighborhood garage sale again this weekend, hopefully i'll get rid of the rest of the "junk" I have left over from the last one.
lol
:)

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30603 Oct 4, 2013
tallyho wrote:
GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE
LADIES&GENTS of the REALM KIT KRUE
amazing , the cable is change the alignment of the channels here and right now a lot are not available ...movie/drama/series/document s etc etc HOWEVER the ad channels are showing
we lost cable last nite for hours.
how horrible!
my ol man sat in his chair, looking like a little lost puppy waiting for his master to come home. lol

and all to watch the same shows over and over again. lol

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30604 Oct 4, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Sir Tally..
good point...in the RW, a young man I know from NJ applid for a job but was turned down as sh didn't speak Spanish.
On the other side of the coin, watching a tv programme the other night, the new Interntional airport in Dubai dictates that ALL employees most speak English, from Pilots to Security and Public Information.
that I do understand ... it is a tourists center, multi-languages would be beneficial

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 2 min Princess Hey 2,381
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Blitzking 197,530
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Old Sam 190,942
News Amsterdam sex robot BROTHEL 'will help prevent ... 5 min hal 10
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 5 min andet1987 27,345
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 7 min Enzo49 7,050
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Old Sam 17,621
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 34 min its me daisy 6,148
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr honeymylove 32,164
Poll Adrian Devine is the king of Topix ! (Jun '11) 3 hr you get what you ... 161
More from around the web