“Wear both with Pride!”

Since: Jun 06

Glasgow, UK

#30398 Sep 26, 2013
SUJ wrote:
Good morning Ms. Elenore, and all in your fine kitchen. Funny it is I dropped by to look for an opportunity to share a story with friends in the UK. Only to find you all speaking of the very subject. Ha!
Must be some divine intervention that inspired me to watch this throughout last night and the urge to post it here.
Eviction can be prevented if you know your rights and the law.
http://youtu.be/u8g_tNimjEo
UK Man VS. Court Bailiffs & Prevents Eviction On Home Repossession
--
It would be interesting if Tally or LIM could tell us , if there is a matching law here in the States.
May you all have sunny sky's and a pleasant weekend to come.
Welcome SUJ....glad to have you visit and hope it is not an isolated one...:)

Extremely interesting video to watch...and so typical of the
'powers that be' unfortunately....it as outstanding how the
house holder held his own, it does pay to know your rights as
is evident by this. I expect this applies also to when possessions
are taken in lieu of debt? I have a good mind to requst insertion of these rights in a local newspaper....as sadly repossession is commonplace, could give folks time.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#30399 Sep 26, 2013
It's a very telling post> 30388..
don't worry El,
we all do it>

make little judgments in passing...
but

YOU are a caring soul -
and.. I know, by whats in my heart,
I am too..

and yet, times I don't stop to consider..
ie>

I thought badly recently of a younger woman,
Stressed & shouting at kids.. >> 'COME ON DAMN IT'

Me.. in the later stages of life now ,
a cushy number, no financial worries,
few responsibilities, cause..

I've>
reared kids
and partly reared a wonderful grandchild..

so...

'been there - done that'

but now I've moved on..and
every now & then,
I must pinch myself ..
and put myself in the situation of a
person who is suffering NOW.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30400 Sep 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
are taken in lieu of debt? I have a good mind to requst insertion of these rights in a local newspaper....as sadly repossession is commonplace, could give folks time.
Lady El possessions can not be held hostage ..

SUJ

“Your posts still ”

Level 6

Since: Mar 10

make me giggle

#30401 Sep 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Lady El for the warm welcome. Am happy you think it good enough to share. When I heard the part about so many losing homes to unscrupulous practices it inflamed this weary heart.
Thanking you again Tally for the helpful inf. I do hope your words and the video have a ripple to help people who don't know how to help themselves.
To all again, a great afternoon. afternoon.
:)
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#30402 Sep 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
interesting .... obviously he was prepared
the tenet..he had the camera there/friends
and a copy of the ex96...it wasn't signed
according to law it wasn't enforceable until signed...
if you've received an eviction notice, the first and most important thing to do is to read the entire eviction notice carefully , they are subject to a long list of strict legal requirements.
notice of eviction is much like any other notice......if the notice or its method of delivery is invalid or defective in any way, it must be filed again by the landlord....
all he did was to delay the eviction ..Rightfully so .... but it is going to happen
man wasn't paying his rent/mortgage
the house was in estate, the guy with his poop in a group was representing the family, the matter was in the court system

look how convoluted lordship is

http://www.msgb.co.uk/lordships.html

UK needs to jump into the 20th century
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#30403 Sep 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I know...Man City were brilliant, anyway Man U made up for i
tonight, so am well pleased. I haven't seen anything about
Whitechapel Krypt...can you tell me more pls. xx
last in the series next week,as you can guess it's set in Whitechapel and police investigating these murders,in previous Whitechapels they had an up to date Jack the Ripper and Krays, copy cat killings,this one has been very dark quite gruesome,just addictive..
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#30404 Sep 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely...it's no use surmising as to the reason why....and it did cross my mind he may be a Veteran. That is a very informative link LIM, t/y for posting that. It's an appalling situation, very little support given once their tour of duty is over...very much the same over here. I will do my best to point this gent at least, in the right direction of getting some help.
some prefer the freedom of the street compared with the conditions they may have chosen to leave, violence, environmental(noise or smell), restrictions

“Wear both with Pride!”

Glasgow, UK

#30405 Sep 26, 2013
Princess Hey wrote:
Good morning El and all the others..I hope all of you have an awesome day..Never forget you are loved..:o)
'Afternoon Princess Hey....what an absolutely beautiful avatar...:)
Hope your day is going great....a real Autumnal chill here today,
keep warm and take good care..<3

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#30406 Sep 26, 2013
that isn't the question..don't where the house , who is the second party of the 1st

the point of law here is they Marshall

bailiff didn't have the Is dotted and the Ts

crossed that is the question and why for a temporary stay of execution... but execution of the court is forth come
I have always said read the fine print

guessing they were trying to saving filing fees [court] it backed fire

the tenet was well coached.. the bailiff
refused to take the ex96 paper/ and the tenet read it to him in full with a witness

but this was well planned

“Wear both with Pride!”

Glasgow, UK

#30407 Sep 26, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
It's a very telling post> 30388..
don't worry El,
we all do it>
make little judgments in passing...
but
YOU are a caring soul -
and.. I know, by whats in my heart,
I am too..
and yet, times I don't stop to consider..
ie>
I thought badly recently of a younger woman,
Stressed & shouting at kids.. >> 'COME ON DAMN IT'
Me.. in the later stages of life now ,
a cushy number, no financial worries,
few responsibilities, cause..
I've>
reared kids
and partly reared a wonderful grandchild..
so...
'been there - done that'
but now I've moved on..and
every now & then,
I must pinch myself ..
and put myself in the situation of a
person who is suffering NOW.
I know what you mean Grace.....we have both been there, done that,
and I am thinking to myself, we would have shown more patience than we sometimes see others lose....
but then I think on when my son 'played me up' in the South of
France, we were on holiday, he was six, he had insisted on my buying him these fancy sandals, then he was moaning they hurt...:)
at that point I chased him along the beach waving a large parasol...in passing I heard some French onlookers saying 'I thought the English were so composed'.....hahahaha
Memories eh?

As for the homeless man...he may well be an alcoholic....could possibly be a druggie....whatever, something tells me he is none of those things. Winter approaching, he needs a roof over his head...Saturday I will seek him out.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#30408 Sep 26, 2013
just as I said the eviction came ...

they came back for a 2nd eviction some time later, which again we attended. Unfortunately, this time they brought the heavies; High Court Enforcement Officers, who are unabashed fascists. The Police were ordered to stand down, and Sgt Mo, had been ordered not to attend. The bailiffs used excessive violence to secure entry. But however, due to the video evidence, we have the grounds to prosecute and sue them for their tyrannical actions. The Bird family’s struggle against the bank continues, as we prepare for the next round of action against the bank. The only time you truly lose your home is when you GIVE UP.

now they are protesting the action of how they were evicted ....

“Wear both with Pride!”

Glasgow, UK

#30409 Sep 26, 2013
SUJ wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you Lady El for the warm welcome. Am happy you think it good enough to share. When I heard the part about so many losing homes to unscrupulous practices it inflamed this weary heart.
Thanking you again Tally for the helpful inf. I do hope your words and the video have a ripple to help people who don't know how to help themselves.
To all again, a great afternoon. afternoon.
:)
It left a deep impression upon me SUJ....one can only hope that the occupants were not evicted at the end of the day.
Wishing you a very enjoyable day...:)

“Wear both with Pride!”

Glasgow, UK

#30410 Sep 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
just as I said the eviction came ...
they came back for a 2nd eviction some time later, which again we attended. Unfortunately, this time they brought the heavies; High Court Enforcement Officers, who are unabashed fascists. The Police were ordered to stand down, and Sgt Mo, had been ordered not to attend. The bailiffs used excessive violence to secure entry. But however, due to the video evidence, we have the grounds to prosecute and sue them for their tyrannical actions. The Bird family’s struggle against the bank continues, as we prepare for the next round of action against the bank. The only time you truly lose your home is when you GIVE UP.
now they are protesting the action of how they were evicted ....
One word comes to mind which I shall not use here. Thanks for the pdate Sir Tally.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#30411 Sep 26, 2013
before a tenant can be evicted, a landlord must win an eviction lawsuit or prevail in another step in the legal process. It should be borne in mind that eviction, as with ejectment and certain other related terms, has precise meanings only in certain historical contexts ..... under the English common law of past centuries, or with respect to specific jurisdictions.....in present-day practice and procedure....

“Wear both with Pride!”

Glasgow, UK

#30412 Sep 26, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>some prefer the freedom of the street compared with the conditions they may have chosen to leave, violence, environmental(noise or smell), restrictions
I do appreciate that LIM. Unfortunately there is little freedom on the streets these days...the price for freedom is way too high.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#30413 Sep 26, 2013
not sure about this here ,,, but bailiffs in the English system can be contracted
meaning the court service is bid upon
and that I believe the case here..he was only 4'7"
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#30414 Sep 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I do appreciate that LIM. Unfortunately there is little freedom on the streets these days...the price for freedom is way too high.
freedom? what freedom? we gave that up in lue of security which we have less of

to paraphrase Jefferson

waging war on a philosophy, "terrorism" or any other ism, never works

“Wear both with Pride!”

Glasgow, UK

#30415 Sep 26, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>freedom? what freedom? we gave that up in lue of security which we have less of
to paraphrase Jefferson
waging war on a philosophy, "terrorism" or any other ism, never works
Too true...and the following is also appropriate..

"In the end, they wanted security more than they wanted freedom."
-
Edward Gibbon (1737 - 1794) English Historian and Author of The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

“Wear both with Pride!”

Glasgow, UK

#30416 Sep 26, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning El .What is good in the kitchen this morning. Good morning all my friends in the kitchen :)
Afternoon Denny.....

was in Texas earlier...well, not exactly in person..:) have been watching Route 66 and Henry has jut reached Texas..on the way to New Mexico. The plces he visits en route are amazing.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#30417 Sep 26, 2013
better expand upon 4'7" i do not picture a court having a bailiff on the down side of the scale

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
30,000 post wins (May '13) 8 min NotaGoth 2,052
rahasia 10 min deny55 1
Stilhaus Kitchens Reviews 13 min britama 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min It aint necessari... 127,947
The letter H (Jun '13) 15 min 40ish 630
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 15 min Vector aka Victor... 1,812
The Letter "S" (Nov '08) 17 min 40ish 9,482
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 42 min Wolftracks 151,172
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 336
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 1 hr Spotted Girl 18