“Work it out yourself!”

Since: Jun 06

Motherwell, UK

#30321 Sep 22, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
im pretty good at toast and butter?
and
I make a mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
lol
Handing breafasts over to you....this is only
my fave breakfast, and not just saying that, I
had this today no kid.

“Work it out yourself!”

Motherwell, UK

#30322 Sep 22, 2013
My team got hammered...but...on the bright side,
Wayne Rooney scored from a brilliant penalty which
makes him the top scorer of all time in the Manchester Derbies.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#30323 Sep 22, 2013
PFfff, Cuz El, yerGrace:

Two things I learned today:
1. Val Kilmer has been working at (for about 10 years -- which solves a mystery about what he's been up to) one-man shows portraying Mark Twain.
2. Benedict Cumberbatch (what an English moniker, eh!) who I've respect for as an actor from PBS/U.K. dramas I've seen is in a soon-to-be-released theatrical movie playing Julian Assange of Wikileaks fame.

Are ya ready for some football? Today on NBCSports network accessible by cable/dish services showed Man U. vs. Man City. But on regular NBC there's PGA golf :) But, in America 'tis a major day for American football for enjoying on the color telly via other regular networks!!!!:)

THE WEDDING:

using PFfff as a springboard ....
>>>> hope the wedding goes well, make sure u know what song ur daughter is using for "Daddy's little girl" (assuming its ur daughters wedding lol) my husband didn't because it wasn't the one that we grew up with and later asked me why the father and daughter dance didn't happen. lol - I felt so bad for him.:( <<<<

This happened a week ago on Sunday, 15 September. So now, I have a new official son-in-law.'Twas an outdoor wedding set in a state park in middle-earth Indiana. The weather was just perfect -- like today, a beautiful fall-like day with high temp of low 70s and sun, fair weather clouds, trees, slight breeze. The reception was held at the state park inn/hotel in a meeting/party room. All went well really, and a good time was had by all :),,, I think ;) My youngest daughter was the maid-of-honor and did a fine job in all her duties. We were blessed that my oldest daughters' family attended and the twin grand-girls (the middle ones of the brood of 5)) were flower girls for the ceremony.

I did pretty well being nice to people: including new in-laws, ex in-laws, ex-wife and her "new" boyfriend.

To PFfff "Daddy's little girl" song point: there's a funny story for it.

I think I previously wrote of a final planning meeting about 2 weeks (or 3) before. What I omitted was that while we were discussing details, the bride-to-be was teasing me about guessing which song she had picked for our dance. She stressed that it was special to us in our time together in her and her sister's younger years and their visitation/vacations time with me.

I intuitively knew. I made a guess. She smacked the table and declared "damm". She followed through for it at the reception. It was "Do Wah Diddy" which I encouraged them to sing when little to make bath-time fun an to git-r-done. I would shampoo-spike their hair like that Martin Short character on Saturday Night Live too. They thought it all a hoot.

BTW, between the meeting and the wedding I took sick from sinus/pollen/dust 'cold' and was mending and tending to professional and domestic duties as best I could. I had no posting mojo from that and then the days just prior and of course the wedding weekend. I think being nice at the wedding took some mojo out of me, too :)

And, I'm not sure why ... but only just a week ago, but that weekend already seems longer past.

Oh, and yesterday the kids embarked on a cruise to the Bahamas and the Virgin Islands.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#30324 Sep 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
My team got hammered...but...on the bright side,
Wayne Rooney scored from a brilliant penalty which
makes him the top scorer of all time in the Manchester Derbies.
these guys

informs against BS

#30328 Sep 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is, we are all in the same boat. We bear these
resentments, and once we voice them it escalates until
thre is no turning back. Personally I think you are
bigger than you make out (...:) it takes guts to speak
up, I may take a cue frm you ad get something off my
chest which has been knawing at me for some time.
Then again.....
Something to share... the new bride gave me for a gift some time ago the boxed set of 'Band of Brothers' and I enjoyed and appreciated it immensely. Documentaries I've seen reinforces the story told which include monuments to the fallen portrayed in the saga. What a group of fellows!! There is a companion story ... Pacific (or something like that) but I don't have that one.

My dad was in the Battle of the Bugle and got the trip home and pension prize for being wounded by shrapnel. He was in Infantry, a bazooka man; so he was not in the Paratroopers group.

When the boxed set of the 3rd season of Boardwalk Empire was released to consumers, I got that. Was highly anticipated to continue the story of Nukky Thompson and others and STILL anticipate the 3rd season of Games of Thrones being available on DVD.

For some reason, I've yet to view my new Boardwalk Empire.

informs against BS

#30329 Sep 22, 2013
^^^ [facepalm] Battle of the Bulge

“Work it out yourself!”

Motherwell, UK

#30330 Sep 22, 2013
Skye Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again.....
You're foolishly too busy being fabulous.
Thumbs up on that...sounds better than being fabulously
foolish!

“Work it out yourself!”

Motherwell, UK

#30331 Sep 22, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
PFfff, Cuz El, yerGrace:
Two things I learned today:
1. Val Kilmer has been working at (for about 10 years -- which solves a mystery about what he's been up to) one-man shows portraying Mark Twain.
2. Benedict Cumberbatch (what an English moniker, eh!) who I've respect for as an actor from PBS/U.K. dramas I've seen is in a soon-to-be-released theatrical movie playing Julian Assange of Wikileaks fame.
Are ya ready for some football? Today on NBCSports network accessible by cable/dish services showed Man U. vs. Man City. But on regular NBC there's PGA golf :) But, in America 'tis a major day for American football for enjoying on the color telly via other regular networks!!!!:)
THE WEDDING:
using PFfff as a springboard ....
>>>> hope the wedding goes well, make sure u know what song ur daughter is using for "Daddy's little girl" (assuming its ur daughters wedding lol) my husband didn't because it wasn't the one that we grew up with and later asked me why the father and daughter dance didn't happen. lol - I felt so bad for him.:( <<<<
This happened a week ago on Sunday, 15 September. So now, I have a new official son-in-law.'Twas an outdoor wedding set in a state park in middle-earth Indiana. The weather was just perfect -- like today, a beautiful fall-like day with high temp of low 70s and sun, fair weather clouds, trees, slight breeze. The reception was held at the state park inn/hotel in a meeting/party room. All went well really, and a good time was had by all :),,, I think ;) My youngest daughter was the maid-of-honor and did a fine job in all her duties. We were blessed that my oldest daughters' family attended and the twin grand-girls (the middle ones of the brood of 5)) were flower girls for the ceremony.
I did pretty well being nice to people: including new in-laws, ex in-laws, ex-wife and her "new" boyfriend.
To PFfff "Daddy's little girl" song point: there's a funny story for it.
I think I previously wrote of a final planning meeting about 2 weeks (or 3) before. What I omitted was that while we were discussing details, the bride-to-be was teasing me about guessing which song she had picked for our dance. She stressed that it was special to us in our time together in her and her sister's younger years and their visitation/vacations time with me.
I intuitively knew. I made a guess. She smacked the table and declared "damm". She followed through for it at the reception. It was "Do Wah Diddy" which I encouraged them to sing when little to make bath-time fun an to git-r-done. I would shampoo-spike their hair like that Martin Short character on Saturday Night Live too. They thought it all a hoot.
BTW, between the meeting and the wedding I took sick from sinus/pollen/dust 'cold' and was mending and tending to professional and domestic duties as best I could. I had no posting mojo from that and then the days just prior and of course the wedding weekend. I think being nice at the wedding took some mojo out of me, too :)
And, I'm not sure why ... but only just a week ago, but that weekend already seems longer past.
Oh, and yesterday the kids embarked on a cruise to the Bahamas and the Virgin Islands.
You brought to life a wonderful occasion for us to absorb Cuz Luke
you have done your family proud. Hope you have recovered from the sinus ills by now ...and from the being nice to everybody. lol
You did well, i isn't easy keeping everybody sweet in circs like that.

“Work it out yourself!”

Motherwell, UK

#30332 Sep 22, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>these guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Deqs4_IraMUXX
LOL...that's priceless...Vinnie Jones at his best....loved it.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30333 Sep 22, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
I love you man ... lol :)
Well, the points I tried to make the point that perpetuating the idea that SLACK/LIM was using other names/profiles I don't 'buy'. AND someone(s) else who habitually used others' names while posting unregistered was using Slack's name too.
Dear friend, if you don't make it back to the "trailor" park thread:
I'm so sorry for those folk who were burned out at Seaside Heights/Seaside Park and that the boardwalk took another hit yet again.
:))

u DO know im Not a man!
lol
:)

yeah, how sad for this shore area, ive never been to that area but I worry this sort of thing may make the owners give up completely.
u can only take so much and then the spirit gives up...

hope not.

“Work it out yourself!”

Motherwell, UK

#30334 Sep 22, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Something to share... the new bride gave me for a gift some time ago the boxed set of 'Band of Brothers' and I enjoyed and appreciated it immensely. Documentaries I've seen reinforces the story told which include monuments to the fallen portrayed in the saga. What a group of fellows!! There is a companion story ... Pacific (or something like that) but I don't have that one.
My dad was in the Battle of the Bugle and got the trip home and pension prize for being wounded by shrapnel. He was in Infantry, a bazooka man; so he was not in the Paratroopers group.
When the boxed set of the 3rd season of Boardwalk Empire was released to consumers, I got that. Was highly anticipated to continue the story of Nukky Thompson and others and STILL anticipate the 3rd season of Games of Thrones being available on DVD.
For some reason, I've yet to view my new Boardwalk Empire.
What a group of fellows indeed, it was so humbling to watch...
who would have dreamt what they went through. I believe we owe
the makerso this series a great deal in bringing it to our attention so realistially...must have been a huge strain on the cast. T/Y for sharing about your Dad. We owe our Allies such a lot.
Such a contrast in viewing Cuz!...:) You will get around to watching Boardwalk in time. Now this evening I am torn between
Downton Abbey which starts afresh, and Myrtle Manor which started last week, both on at 9p.m. I was knocked out by the cast in Myrtle Manor...all very endearing.

informs against BS

#30335 Sep 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
What a group of fellows indeed, it was so humbling to watch...
who would have dreamt what they went through. I believe we owe
the makerso this series a great deal in bringing it to our attention so realistially...must have been a huge strain on the cast. T/Y for sharing about your Dad. We owe our Allies such a lot.
Such a contrast in viewing Cuz!...:) You will get around to watching Boardwalk in time. Now this evening I am torn between
Downton Abbey which starts afresh, and Myrtle Manor which started last week, both on at 9p.m. I was knocked out by the cast in Myrtle Manor...all very endearing.
{{{Cuz El}}} Your new season of Downton Abbey will start in U.S. the first Sunday of 2014 on 1/4. I can hardly wait! I've resisted buying the previous season of THAT! My God, I don't want to be a DVD library!:) I've been resisting buying the whole set of Foyle's War too. A new season just started here. But I'm still churning it. That's a perc for a new yearly PBS membership (I've not been a member for about 4 years now).

informs against BS

#30336 Sep 22, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
:))
u DO know im Not a man!
lol
yeah, how sad for this shore area, ive never been to that area but I worry this sort of thing may make the owners give up completely.
u can only take so much and then the spirit gives up...
hope not.
Of course... I do!:)

Owners interviewed on news maintained that they were going to go again. That's persistence and fortitude!

informs against BS

#30337 Sep 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
You brought to life a wonderful occasion for us to absorb Cuz Luke
you have done your family proud. Hope you have recovered from the sinus ills by now ...and from the being nice to everybody. lol
You did well, i isn't easy keeping everybody sweet in circs like that.
I appreciate your appreciation regarding it all !:)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30338 Sep 22, 2013
what a beating .. my football team took

shameful indeed

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#30339 Sep 22, 2013
heh

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#30340 Sep 22, 2013
Evening El..Looooove Autumn baked treats!!

Yes, I think I will have to try..your Zucchini Apple Bread and a Mug of HOT Chocolate...

How was your SUMMER??

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#30341 Sep 23, 2013
GOOD MORNING LADY EL-MADAME GRACE
LADIES &GENTS of the REALM
KIT KRUE...

seems that our football NFL has flipped upside down ... the poorer teams are winning the richer teams are losing

baseball the Yankees are dead

my whole home page has flipped as well
new format getting use to reset and subscribing is a chore ..lots of minor bugs in it yet .....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30342 Sep 23, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course... I do!:)
Owners interviewed on news maintained that they were going to go again. That's persistence and fortitude!
I read ur wedding post twice and smiled ear to ear - thanks So much for sharing!
but... the big question is - did ya get drunk? lol lol
our celebration began afterwards, one down and another kid to go. lol - out came the measuring tape and Dad's new "man cave" was born. but peace and quiet didn't last very long, for along came 3 new rug rats to add to the clan and the circle of life continues.
we babysat the kids just this weekend, and u wanna talk about "the Loud family" my ears are still hurting. lol
after they left, the wine came out, we held the glasses up with goofy smiles and hubby took a picture and texted it to my D, she responded with a laugh and said what nerds we were and said see ya next weekend. lol
Cheers!
lifes good..

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#30343 Sep 23, 2013
tallyho wrote:
what a beating .. my football team took
shameful indeed
There's still room on the Saints' bandwagon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association (Jun '07) 2 min Mega Monster 4,641
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 3 min Mega Monster 4,502
True False Game (Jun '11) 4 min KellyP_Onuandher 12,384
One Word (Jan '09) 4 min Mega Monster 16,269
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 6 min Hi Samgelique 7,180
Word Association (Jun '10) 6 min Mega Monster 30,646
The Letter "D" (Jul '09) 7 min KellyP_Onuandher 4,549
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 32 min Northbound 192,761
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 51 min troof 145,394
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Cyan in CA 7,420