“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#29806 Sep 4, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>read again that is a statement not a question

don't answer it if you can't handle the the truth

we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

sleep well
Go ahead, backpedal all you want. Syria has no more to do with US freedom and national security than Iraq or Viet Nam did.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#29807 Sep 4, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I wish to comment on part of yruo opst above ... to uote :

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, "

So you are saying that the end justifies the means?

That "I, the man" provide you with your livelihood so look the other way rather than deal with how that livelihood is provided?"

In that case, you could say that Lenin, Stalin, Hitler and Mao Tse Tung all could have told theer citizens the same things, couldn't they? Yet we know the truth, that those leaders commited crimes against their own citizens in order to maintain order.

In fact, using the comment quoted above, the leader of Syria could make that same claim "I did what I FELT WAS NECESARY FOR tHe GOOD OF MY COUNTRY, SO DON'T ASK WHAT i DID NOR WHY i DID IT" ...

The USA constitution gives the citizens the right to speak out and the right to vote and the right and the MEANS to have input into the way the government runs the country for a reason .... which is in fact, the "freedoms" you speak of .... and yes, the citizens should have a stake in how those freedoms are "earned" ... if it is at the expense of others then perhaps those "freedoms" are not rightfully ours to have.
Told ya I love you & Tony Franko!! You two guys rock!!!!

:-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#29808 Sep 4, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I wish to comment on part of yruo opst above ... to uote :

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, "

So you are saying that the end justifies the means?

That "I, the man" provide you with your livelihood so look the other way rather than deal with how that livelihood is provided?"

In that case, you could say that Lenin, Stalin, Hitler and Mao Tse Tung all could have told theer citizens the same things, couldn't they? Yet we know the truth, that those leaders commited crimes against their own citizens in order to maintain order.

In fact, using the comment quoted above, the leader of Syria could make that same claim "I did what I FELT WAS NECESARY FOR tHe GOOD OF MY COUNTRY, SO DON'T ASK WHAT i DID NOR WHY i DID IT" ...

The USA constitution gives the citizens the right to speak out and the right to vote and the right and the MEANS to have input into the way the government runs the country for a reason .... which is in fact, the "freedoms" you speak of .... and yes, the citizens should have a stake in how those freedoms are "earned" ... if it is at the expense of others then perhaps those "freedoms" are not rightfully ours to have.
I think it was George Bush who when asked about a little Iraqi boy whose face was blown off that yes, toppling Hussein was worth that cost.

I guess from Tally's standpoint dead civilians are just collateral damage.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#29809 Sep 4, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Anyone for Pims and tennis.
How about golf instead?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#29810 Sep 4, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I know there's some serious discussion about
WORLD AFFAIRS here,
But back to the mundane for a minute..
Can ANYONE help solve my problem..
No matter what I seem to do,
My dog smells!!
Now it isn't a dirty smell,
Just that strong doggie smell most who are familiar
With dogs will recognise,
It's in whatever room she's in, in the car,
Around the house.
I tried a few things, even wash her regularly..
I got Johnsons NO TEARS shampoo so her eyes
Wouldn't sting, but no matter WHAT it seems to
persist! Not her fault of course, she's a dog!!!
I often thought could it come from what she is eating,
Do no' Vet wasn't much help when I asked..
I know that if you give a charcoal (recognised) tablet
To dogs it helps when they break wind,
But... that's not what I'm talking about,
Just wondr if there were similar on the market??
Knowing there are many dog lovers here,
I thought someone might have the answer
AND thanks.
From a dogs standpoint they smell just fine thank you very much.

The shampoo the groomer helps for a while but then a week or so later the beagle goes back to smelling like a dog. Just the beagle, not the mix.

I hate to tell you Grace but I think it's the nature of the individual dog.

“Maytime”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#29811 Sep 4, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
From a dogs standpoint they smell just fine thank you very much.
The shampoo the groomer helps for a while but then a week or so later the beagle goes back to smelling like a dog. Just the beagle, not the mix.
I hate to tell you Grace but I think it's the nature of the individual dog.
Lol

For sure Ali thinks just because she's handsome
She must smell great too lol..

Thanks for reply,
I suppose regular washing will help,
If nothing else!

Great car in your avatar!
Krypteia

Pevensey, UK

#29812 Sep 4, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about golf instead?
My wife won't let me play around,lol,,,purely rugby for me with a splash of football(soccer)when needs be..lol
Krypteia

Pevensey, UK

#29813 Sep 4, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was George Bush who when asked about a little Iraqi boy whose face was blown off that yes, toppling Hussein was worth that cost.
I guess from Tally's standpoint dead civilians are just collateral damage.
Unfortunately civilians will be collateral damage,always has been always will be it's the nature of war,harsh but it's a fact...

The problem I have with Syria and any of the other Islamic crap holes you don't know who's using what,I said the other day it could have been the rebels using the gas but the west wants to target Assad before the facts were clear.The rebels are made up of all the Islamic nutters you can think off and they are happy to use car bombs,suicide bombs and so on and they don't give a toss who gets killed..
That's why I don't want any Americans and particular British service personnel getting killed for these creatures that don't give one toss about life either way...

Now rant over,anyone for Pims and tennis..xx
Krypteia

Pevensey, UK

#29814 Sep 4, 2013
Did you know that one of the kids in The Waltons was an English actor...

Since: Jun 06

Coventry, UK

#29815 Sep 4, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Did you know that one of the kids in The Waltons was an English actor...
I thought everybody knew that!

Actually, no I didn't...go on then, which one. My guess
Krypteia would be Jimbob.

Coventry, UK

#29816 Sep 4, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
El,
Absolutely lovely story about GB and the lamb,
So cute,
You often say' all the cats are gone to their beds now'
I'd love to know, they are so interesting ..
Have they their own beds and do they recognise that
fact?
Thanks Grace...glad you liked!..:)
They do, they all have their own beds, except for Milly
who has her own blanket on the sofa...but funnily enough
last night I had to look twice, as Joe has his bed by the
radiator and who had joined him cuddling up, was MillyMolly
Then I saw Joe washing her little head...she is very tiny and
kitten-like, but in fact is about 14 yrs of age.
Nice of you to show an interest Grace.

Coventry, UK

#29817 Sep 4, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>knowing cat behaviour, I could see this playing out in my mind like a video .. LOL!!!(also the part about you making sheep sounds)
LOL! I can stop them in their tracks with my sheep sounds...
but am careful not to do it if there is aybody around!
One time I ame across the wild goats of Snowdonia when walking
on the mountain, made those sounds and the carried on grazing.
Rex Harrison isn't in it! lol
Krypteia

Pevensey, UK

#29818 Sep 4, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought everybody knew that!
Actually, no I didn't...go on then, which one. My guess
Krypteia would be Jimbob.
Nope!,the actor is Jon Walmsley who played Jason..
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#29819 Sep 4, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>but you did ...
If you think you didn't, then show me the post where you explained how "looking at a Map" tells me the politics, the history, the alliances, which country is freind and who is foe, and the role of the various groups and clans, the economic situation, etc etc....
I asked you specifically to explain to me how map shows all those things ...
you can't show me that post because you never wrote it ...
therefore you either ignored the question or you did not understand the question and therefore chose not to answer it ..
DUDE

I THOUGHT YOU WERE DONE WITH THIS

your fixation on "look at a map" indicates your lack of knowlage on what has happened in the region over the last 50 years is extensive

so I say to you again

LOOK AT A MAP

it is a good place for you to start
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#29820 Sep 4, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>but you did ...
If you think you didn't, then show me the post where you explained how "looking at a Map" tells me the politics, the history, the alliances, which country is freind and who is foe, and the role of the various groups and clans, the economic situation, etc etc....
I asked you specifically to explain to me how map shows all those things ...
you can't show me that post because you never wrote it ...
therefore you either ignored the question or you did not understand the question and therefore chose not to answer it ..
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#29821 Sep 4, 2013

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#29822 Sep 4, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Lol

For sure Ali thinks just because she's handsome
She must smell great too lol..

Thanks for reply,
I suppose regular washing will help,
If nothing else!

Great car in your avatar!
Thank you. Got a great deal on it. I love it!!! 2013 Honda Civic.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#29823 Sep 4, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>My wife won't let me play around,lol,,,purely rugby for me with a splash of football(soccer)when needs be..lol
I can't play tennis worth a darn....then again I can't play golf worth a darn either but I enjoy trying. Courses are nicer.
Krypteia

Pevensey, UK

#29824 Sep 4, 2013
They just found a mummy in Egypt,he was covered in chocolate and peanuts..His name is Pharaoh Rocher.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#29825 Sep 4, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately civilians will be collateral damage,always has been always will be it's the nature of war,harsh but it's a fact...
The problem I have with Syria and any of the other Islamic crap holes you don't know who's using what,I said the other day it could have been the rebels using the gas but the west wants to target Assad before the facts were clear.The rebels are made up of all the Islamic nutters you can think off and they are happy to use car bombs,suicide bombs and so on and they don't give a toss who gets killed..
That's why I don't want any Americans and particular British service personnel getting killed for these creatures that don't give one toss about life either way...
Now rant over,anyone for Pims and tennis..xx
Pimms please. If the rebels did it then anything we do is to late. You have rqdical terrorist with WMD and they will wind up in the UK or America. A pox on all of them. I am not sure the geneva convention covers civilians or just war

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min I Am No One_ 163,316
Poll 3 "NEW" words from last 3 letters without using... (Sep '12) 3 min Cyan in CA 1,777
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 7 min Doug77 28,962
Simple things that make you happy, smile, ... etc. (Feb '12) 7 min PeanutButtercup 5,156
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Dogen 164,912
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 10 min Cyan in CA 784
motorcycle traveling stories 11 min Good News Bad News 838
What Could Be Hot? 16 min skybobbie 241
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 3 hr 2all 119
More from around the web