El's Kitchen

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Valentines Day coming Soon

#29728 Sep 3, 2013
good morning dear friends..Hope today finds you all well and doing fine..you enjoy this day ..:o).God bless.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#29729 Sep 3, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>some do here
have you ever seen a black raspberry?
they grow wild here
Now don't be racist!

ha! ha![joking]

Never looked that close to be honest! 

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#29730 Sep 3, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still around - just !!
Syria was part of the Ottoman Empire which with the peace treaties of 1920 after WWI was given as a mandate to France (well, well, and look who wants to go in guns blazing on this one?!!) when the old empire was broken up. To be honest, I think we should stay well away. Amongst those rebels are elements of Muslim extremism - it strikes me as a little cock-eyed to go into Afghanistan to fight the Taliban when the Syrian opposition has elements of that same bunch in it. Like K, I am tired of seeing our boys dying in wars that we cannot win and bring us little credit at the end of them.
I agree Tony. We have no vital interest there. Not worth our blood

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#29731 Sep 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's politics not a 'humanitarian' effort.
Speaking of big, where are China & Japan & Russia?
Japan doesn't have the military power [surrender limited that]
Russia doesn't have the military and the money
China never was a nation of the world..

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#29732 Sep 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to 'see' you Tony!
You're the history authority. I figured you would know and could sort it out.
I don't think the US should get involved. It's not our fight. Why send more young American soldiers over to die for someone else?
Interestingly, when the state government in the south was sanctioning the use of dogs and water cannons, murder and other means to dissuade blacks from asserting their civil rights during the '60s, no one outside the US came to their defense and god forbid someone tried to interfere in US domestic affairs.....but the US can go in and topple Hussein and consider going in after Assad?
Quinn it has been a year since Benghazi and the death of 4 Americans and what have we done about it. One of the main attackers has been interviewed by CNN. If these had been Israel officials does anyone think their killer would be dead by now? If there is another attack on 9/11 will they again be saying it was just a demonstration and we will be apologizing for America

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#29733 Sep 3, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
 Wondering,
does anyone go picking blackberries  
anymore?
they do round here & make
homemade jams 
Funny you should ask that Grace....I picked my first blackberries
this morning. I used to make apple and blackberry pie, but I will have these in a fruit salad this evening.
Local kids pick them nd go round house to house selling them here for some pocket money.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#29734 Sep 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not capable of saving the whole damn neighborhood and I don't have the resources. The US military is not capable is not capable of saving the world, doesn't have the resources and cannot effectively manage civilians when it is trained to kill.
What about the rest of the conflicts throughout the world? Why aren't we going to Africa and India to save them? Egypt? Turkey? Back to Libya? How much 'help' do you want to give Tally?
if you read , we are talking about a mass form of killing that was abolished by the world ....

so you would simply let that house burn , because you think you can't help

then why are you posting on this issue , you can't do any thing about it ...

oh well there are those who always say it isn't my business

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#29735 Sep 3, 2013
TONY

How are you these days?

we were looking for an update
on 'your own thread‘

DID you get away for a break yet?
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#29736 Sep 3, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Now don't be racist!
ha! ha![joking]
they are not commercially viable, short shelf life

one of this worlds little treats that is found by travel

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#29737 Sep 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to 'see' you Tony!
You're the history authority. I figured you would know and could sort it out.
I don't think the US should get involved. It's not our fight. Why send more young American soldiers over to die for someone else?
Interestingly, when the state government in the south was sanctioning the use of dogs and water cannons, murder and other means to dissuade blacks from asserting their civil rights during the '60s, no one outside the US came to their defense and god forbid someone tried to interfere in US domestic affairs.....but the US can go in and topple Hussein and consider going in after Assad?
do you read your history at all or just selective parts at the time..........

who clear that up in the south to a far better degree
Eisenhower and the US Army

over the years the FBI and later LBJ who passed more civil rights than any president

we cleaned / we handled it

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#29738 Sep 3, 2013
Had to laugh this morning.

One of the cats...Ginger Bailey..came streaking through the open kitchen door from the garden, ran round then jumped onto a surface, down and streaked off again. This is his way of telling me something untoward is going on outside.

I went through the back gate where three of the cats were sitting on the bank gazing at the 'intruder'.

A lamb was there..it didn't run away as I make 'Baa' noises like their mothers (don't laugh)
but I could see there was no ewe in sight.

Sheep often come down but never a solitary lamb.

The farmer is one you just don't approach, lol, so let a neighbour who is pally with him, one of the few, know, the lamb is now back in his field...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#29739 Sep 3, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Quinn it has been a year since Benghazi and the death of 4 Americans and what have we done about it. One of the main attackers has been interviewed by CNN. If these had been Israel officials does anyone think their killer would be dead by now? If there is another attack on 9/11 will they again be saying it was just a demonstration and we will be apologizing for America
did you ever wonder why Arabs duck when the see a object in the sky ?????? wasn't Texas , part of Mexico once ?????

Palestine ....Boundaries of the region have changed throughout history, and were last defined in modern times by the Franco-British boundary agreement (1920) hummmmmmmm

Following World War II, the British withdrew from their mandate of Palestine, and the UN partitioned the area into Arab and Jewish states

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#29740 Sep 3, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Now don't be racist!
ha! ha![joking]
so what about a red raspberry , but some can't tell a rasp from a logan or a huckle
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#29741 Sep 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
so what about a red raspberry , but some can't tell a rasp from a logan or a huckle
sound like you are tasteless

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#29742 Sep 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
did you ever wonder why Arabs duck when the see a object in the sky ?????? wasn't Texas , part of Mexico once ?????
Palestine ....Boundaries of the region have changed throughout history, and were last defined in modern times by the Franco-British boundary agreement (1920) hummmmmmmm
Following World War II, the British withdrew from their mandate of Palestine, and the UN partitioned the area into Arab and Jewish states
They object so much to water boarding a few high value targets and our new program is to kill them with a drone and get no information from them Under Bush we had 50 drones. We now have 7,000.
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#29743 Sep 3, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>They object so much to water boarding a few high value targets and our new program is to kill them with a drone and get no information from them Under Bush we had 50 drones. We now have 7,000.
and under Lincoln we had no tanks

you watch too much fox

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#29744 Sep 3, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It's going to be really lovely when it's finished Flower, I am sure, so Jamie is on his way if I have my timing right (five hours time diff)? quite a job, hope you make yourself scarce while he carries on with it. Red sounds good, was going to say will give the illusion of warmth, but who needs that in Texas! lol
My bedroom is red as it happens....
with cream accessories...carpet, curtains (Laura Ashley) blah blah.
Big Kiss for Jax and one for his best friend in the whole world...:)
Luvya...
Good afternoon, Lady El ... haven't been here since 8/4/13 ... goodness, that is too long! The living room renovations are complete! It is beautiful! All but one poster went up and that is Bonnie Raitt ... that is because it's still in the tube and got missed getting framed and I'll be doggone if I know where it is now, lol ... Oh, El ... it does look like a bonified museum here ... Cleveland has now it's on Rock and Roll Museum competition, LOL ... no wax museum though, ha!... The master bedroom is next but for right now I'm tired of contractors in and out of my home and taking a break. The bathroom rocks! The hallway, too! Have started with new kitchen drawers but will need new cabinets ... that'll be a job I'm not looking forward too ... maybe the new year ... I bought a new car yesterday ... it has a moon/sun roof and we're still in triple digits so moon/sun roof is of no consequence at this time of year ... Summer is over in JANUARY, lol ... we don't have seasons here ... wish we did ...

How are YOU? P? the critters? Hope all are well and in good spirits ... Wishing you a beautiful day here with your family and friends ... Enjoy it! Much love and affection! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#29745 Sep 3, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Had to laugh this morning.
One of the cats...Ginger Bailey..came streaking through the open kitchen door from the garden, ran round then jumped onto a surface, down and streaked off again. This is his way of telling me something untoward is going on outside.
I went through the back gate where three of the cats were sitting on the bank gazing at the 'intruder'.
A lamb was there..it didn't run away as I make 'Baa' noises like their mothers (don't laugh)
but I could see there was no ewe in sight.
Sheep often come down but never a solitary lamb.
The farmer is one you just don't approach, lol, so let a neighbour who is pally with him, one of the few, know, the lamb is now back in his field...
LOL ... guess you had to be there kind of moments, huh Lady El?...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#29746 Sep 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... now you may know how I feel when I'm trying to buy a cell phone ... a Blackberry, blueberry, huckleberry, ha!...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#29747 Sep 3, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>and under Lincoln we had no tanks
you watch too much fox
lol ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 6 min whatimeisit 32,370
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 14 min Poppyann 2,125
A to Z songs by title or group! 17 min Poppyann 550
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 19 min Poppyann 1,822
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 20 min Poppyann 61,325
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 21 min Poppyann 1,502
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 23 min Poppyann 6,281
True False Game (Jun '11) 39 min Poppyann 13,382
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 56 min Poppyann 1,967
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 209,690
Poll Would you vote for Prez Obama for the next 4 ye... (Apr '11) 7 hr Crystal_Clear722 28,822
More from around the web