Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't agree more Krypteia ! The US has been in Iraq more than 10 years (conventional wisdom said we'd be out in 6 months .... right!), the USA is still in Afghanistan - also more than 10 years, and I thought N Korea was a bigger international threat, or threat to US security than Syria.
There's lots of places throughout the world to invade for 'humanitarian' reasons. How thin should the US military be spread?
reading one will see that we the UN is still at war with Korea .. a truce was signed not a surrender

also was the same for Iraq after the 1st gulf war ..we the UN was still at war... only a truce was signed

now if you pay attention the present Iraqi government is begging for the US military to come back

we tried to stay out of the world events impossible
we are too big too powerful and one of a few who can

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>very true .. Israel did not exist less than 80 years ago ...
nor did the USA at one time , what is the point

boundaries/ borders are a line drawn ..I dare you is the rule .....

do you give your neighbor a hand or a fist ???

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
If memory serves, I think it may have been oh, say, Palestine??
your memory fails you ,,,,,,,,,,
The history of Israel encompasses the history of the modern State of Israel, as well as that of the Jews in the Land of Israel. The area of modern Israel is small, about the size of Wales or half the size of Costa Rica, and is located roughly on the site of the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judah

who created Israel and the middle east counties
England /France ... it was their territory

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not our responsibility....shouldn't try to change the world and can't
why not let's get our own ducks in a row
Thought there was something called a budget crisis and sequestration in the US
How long in Syria & how much will it cost?
if you see a house afire do you just walk by because it isn't in your neighborhood

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE
LADIES&GENTS of the REALM -KIT KRUE

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Coventry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

tallyho wrote:
GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE
LADIES&GENTS of the REALM -KIT KRUE
Good Morning Sir Tally....

a lovely morning here in Wales. Some excellent points made
in your previous posts if I may say so.

Coventry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>the problem with groups and parties that are highly focussed on certain issues, is they they lose sight of the other issues the are affected, they have tunnel vision rather than being able to see the big picture.
'Morning Franko....yes, I expect this does apply to some...
but then..each to their own!

I learnt something about Badgers the other day (for what it's worth) lol and that is, being so short sighted, if they come across you in the dark they ill clamp their jaws on your leg,
and will not let go until they hear the crunch of broken bones.
So poachers or anybody clued up out and about in the dark, push
Weetabix down their socks or gum boots. Interesting eh?!
That aside, there are so few have TB that this cull was not necessary imo. Out of thousands culled only a few will be tested.

Coventry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>he was quite a character eh??? Hillarious.
He was Franko, and thankyou, I knew YOU would get it....:)
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did anyone consult the Palestinians before turning the land over to the Israelis?
For argument sake you could say did anyone consult the Jews when the Muslims went there with their convert and conquer program considering the Jews were there a thousand years before the cult of Islam was invented..Also taking in mind that from North Africa right through to Turkey was Pagan ,Jewish and Christian before the death cult came along..
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Looks like the rebels might have fired that gas in Syria if so wonder if we will blow the crap out of them,won't hold my breath on that..

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Sir Tally....
a lovely morning here in Wales. Some excellent points made
in your previous posts if I may say so.
I saw something . some one bought a German ? for 42.1 million ??????

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
....besides throughout history maps & boundaries have been in flux constantly. Where's Tony when we need him?!
Still around - just !!

Syria was part of the Ottoman Empire which with the peace treaties of 1920 after WWI was given as a mandate to France (well, well, and look who wants to go in guns blazing on this one?!!) when the old empire was broken up. To be honest, I think we should stay well away. Amongst those rebels are elements of Muslim extremism - it strikes me as a little cock-eyed to go into Afghanistan to fight the Taliban when the Syrian opposition has elements of that same bunch in it. Like K, I am tired of seeing our boys dying in wars that we cannot win and bring us little credit at the end of them.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>hence the dispute ....
That would be my guess but most folks I point that I out say I'm wrong and back the Israelis in the the dispute. Go figure.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>reading one will see that we the UN is still at war with Korea .. a truce was signed not a surrender

also was the same for Iraq after the 1st gulf war ..we the UN was still at war... only a truce was signed

now if you pay attention the present Iraqi government is begging for the US military to come back

we tried to stay out of the world events impossible
we are too big too powerful and one of a few who can
It's politics not a 'humanitarian' effort.

Speaking of big, where are China & Japan & Russia?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>nor did the USA at one time , what is the point

boundaries/ borders are a line drawn ..I dare you is the rule .....

do you give your neighbor a hand or a fist ???
Whether you give him a hand or fist, take his property and I'm sure he'll be pissed.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>if you see a house afire do you just walk by because it isn't in your neighborhood
I'm not capable of saving the whole damn neighborhood and I don't have the resources. The US military is not capable is not capable of saving the world, doesn't have the resources and cannot effectively manage civilians when it is trained to kill.

What about the rest of the conflicts throughout the world? Why aren't we going to Africa and India to save them? Egypt? Turkey? Back to Libya? How much 'help' do you want to give Tally?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>For argument sake you could say did anyone consult the Jews when the Muslims went there with their convert and conquer program considering the Jews were there a thousand years before the cult of Islam was invented..Also taking in mind that from North Africa right through to Turkey was Pagan ,Jewish and Christian before the death cult came along..
I'd say these are all reasons why there will never be world peace - human nature dies not seem to be willing to permit it.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did anyone consult the Palestinians before turning the land over to the Israelis?
There were no Palestinians Quinn. You will never see a Palestinian coin because they have never been a country.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
He was Franko, and thankyou, I knew YOU would get it....:)
Good morning El. What is good in the kitchen this morning :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Still around - just !!

Syria was part of the Ottoman Empire which with the peace treaties of 1920 after WWI was given as a mandate to France (well, well, and look who wants to go in guns blazing on this one?!!) when the old empire was broken up. To be honest, I think we should stay well away. Amongst those rebels are elements of Muslim extremism - it strikes me as a little cock-eyed to go into Afghanistan to fight the Taliban when the Syrian opposition has elements of that same bunch in it. Like K, I am tired of seeing our boys dying in wars that we cannot win and bring us little credit at the end of them.
Glad to 'see' you Tony!

You're the history authority. I figured you would know and could sort it out.

I don't think the US should get involved. It's not our fight. Why send more young American soldiers over to die for someone else?

Interestingly, when the state government in the south was sanctioning the use of dogs and water cannons, murder and other means to dissuade blacks from asserting their civil rights during the '60s, no one outside the US came to their defense and god forbid someone tried to interfere in US domestic affairs.....but the US can go in and topple Hussein and consider going in after Assad?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 29,101 - 29,120 of34,925
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••