Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can hold my own with heated debates & differences of opinion with Denny & Tally, that's all they are differences of opinion, but you miss the point or you're not listening -- since LIM/Slack/Noah whatever persona the coward who stalked Tally here uses -- offenses and insults are now personal. He's a fake and a bully.
It's your Kitchen. If the new riff raff who slings the personal insults is welcome, so be it.
I will only be pushed so far.
It does seem to have subsided somewhat, and I think the rest of us are all pretty much the way we always were and mostly ignoring any uneccesary slagging ... so I think it has settled into something close to normal here.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>trash in trash out
a returned smile goes a long way to building bridges
I would agree with that. Could it be that those guys were giving off an aggresive vibe that made her feel like she could not smile at them? WOuld you smile at a couple of strangers as they walk by if it looks like they are up to no good by their facial expressions, body language and perhaps even the tone of their voice (if within earshot?).

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can hold my own with heated debates & differences of opinion with Denny & Tally, that's all they are differences of opinion, but you miss the point or you're not listening -- since LIM/Slack/Noah whatever persona the coward who stalked Tally here uses -- offenses and insults are now personal. He's a fake and a bully.
It's your Kitchen. If the new riff raff who slings the personal insults is welcome, so be it.
LIM has made it clear he is not going anywhere, despite requests to do so .. we cannot control what anyone does ... however, behaviour has been a lot less aggresive

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>Somtimes your posts are a little hard to follow what you are really saying, you often type in a sort of shorthand where you leave out words ....
The actual comment regarding use of the words TOO and ALSO, seemed to be a comment with intent for discussion and did not seem to have a humerous aspect to it at all. That is why I reacted as I did.
see how easy it is to perceive ... ever watch Fail/Safe

remember when he says , Buck I don't want to to translate.. but to tell me what he thinks???

and yes.....called ....ellipsis the omission of a word or phrase necessary for a complete syntactical construction but not necessary for understanding

used like ,a steno use short/hand

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>It does seem to have subsided somewhat, and I think the rest of us are all pretty much the way we always were and mostly ignoring any uneccesary slagging ... so I think it has settled into something close to normal here.
"it has settled into something close to normal here"

Yes, it was.

Good evening/morning Kitchen-eers.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see Tally avoiding the kitchen on account of any verbal abuse and of course, I would not find verbal abuse, or bullying, funny. Yesterday I attempted to lighten the conversations here
specifically because you pointed out, repeatedly, there was tension....
At the risk of bringing Grace into things in her absence, I believe she mentioned that censoring what people have to say (or words to that effect) is nothing short of dictatorship.
It must surely go without saying that I would prefer a peaceful
thread here..enough trouble in the world without crap being brought here.
"Yesterday I attempted to lighten the conversations here..." and that didn't go un-noticed, mind you.:) You were doing great,{{{ Cuz El }}}

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Denny's advice is good as stated:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...
"Well all we can do is our own actions and ignore any who want to insult :)"

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Princess Hey wrote:
hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful day..smile..you have so much to be thankful for..:o)
Well hey, Princess Hey! Your positive posts do not go un-noticed either, and the hope is reciprocated.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

SLACK wrote:
hey El ^^^^^
Did you get your papers writ?
SLACK

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>I would agree with that. Could it be that those guys were giving off an aggresive vibe that made her feel like she could not smile at them? WOuld you smile at a couple of strangers as they walk by if it looks like they are up to no good by their facial expressions, body language and perhaps even the tone of their voice (if within earshot?).
they are "meeting expectations"

both sides were playing the expected role, a smile and a nod can change all the dynamics of that moment

change

one moment at a time
SLACK

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get your papers writ?
one is on it's third revision, guess it keeps pizzing off some on its way up the ladder

can you imagine that?

the other is done
SLACK

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Denny's advice is good as stated:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTJVITJ...
"Well all we can do is our own actions and ignore any who want to insult :)"
he is also the one that d Hitler was a communist

whatever

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Good Morning All...

How would you explain the difference between 'Complete' and 'Finished'

Just a thought.

Wishing all a pleasant, and most of all,a peaceful, day.

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Princess Hey wrote:
hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful day..smile..you have so much to be thankful for..:o)
Hi sweet Princess!
I haven't said hello to you for awhile. I hope you are well. Here's a Irish smile for you :-)

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

SLACK wrote:
hey hope all the tension finds you well
just wondering if you were in New Jersey from the evac of kids from GB during WW2
What tension? lol

I wasn't aware of kids being evacuated as far afield as the US during WW2, although after the war many were sent to Canada and Australia on the surmise they were orphans, that their parents hd been killed during the Blitz. In may cases these children provided the new 'work force' on farms etc. Recently there have been efforts made to find these people, in an effort to reunite them with any family they may have left in the UK.
Mostly kids were evac to coastal resorts or to the countryside.
Mothers too in many cases, especially if pregnant. It is my brother's proud boast he was born in one of the grandest hotels on the coast, which was used for housing evacuees. He hasn't come down to earth since!..:)

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yesterday I attempted to lighten the conversations here..." and that didn't go un-noticed, mind you.:) You were doing great,{{{ Cuz El }}}
Cheers {{{Cuz Luke}}}....

Another lovely day here, I had an appointment but had a call to
request it be re-scheduled, so am free to do as I wish for the whole of this glorious day. Have a trip lined up to visit the
Dewa Roman Experience in the medieval city of Chester....will wait
until the kiddie-winks are back at school and the roads are clear
before travelling anywhwere.
Have a wonderful day...

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>What tension? lol

I wasn't aware of kids being evacuated as far afield as the US during WW2, although after the war many were sent to Canada and Australia on the surmise they were orphans, that their parents hd been killed during the Blitz. In may cases these children provided the new 'work force' on farms etc. Recently there have been efforts made to find these people, in an effort to reunite them with any family they may have left in the UK.
Mostly kids were evac to coastal resorts or to the countryside.
Mothers too in many cases, especially if pregnant. It is my brother's proud boast he was born in one of the grandest hotels on the coast, which was used for housing evacuees. He hasn't come down to earth since!..:)
Hi el. Yes, the British and Australian governments had a very cruel policy as regards to "orphans". They actually "Deported" them because it was cheaper than looking after them in Britain.:-(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/eastmidlands/s...

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

1IrishRebel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi el. Yes, the British and Australian governments had a very cruel policy as regards to "orphans". They actually "Deported" them because it was cheaper than looking after them in Britain.:-(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/eastmidlands/s...
Hi Reb...that's an excellent link, says it all really.
It really is absolutely shameful how these children were
treated, and to go on as long as 1967.
I realise the country was bankrupt but that is no excuse for the
subterfuge, the lies.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE , LADIES & GENTS of the REALM and kit krue...

boy I got hurt last night was chasing some one in my dreams and my sneaker blew-out at 10 mph , I thought Margret was the only Brit lady that could run

I'm going to ask that the BMA check on this one for an over dose of marmalade

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

FRANKO: please note my post , 29515
as you say is hard to follow

to all here but me and a certain poster who remains unannounced.. so a private message on a public forum .. hope that helps ...remember Ellipsis

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••